XAT 2021 Exam Pattern – XLRI has released the pattern of XAT 2021 exam on December 26, 2020. The scheme of exam has been provided in the mock test launched at xatonline.in. Candidates who are going to appear in the upcoming Xavier Aptitude Test on January 3, 2021, must note the pattern. It indicates the sections of exam, number of questions in each, marking scheme, duration, and how to attempt the computer based test. Check the complete XAT exam pattern 2021 here on this page.
Remember to download XAT 2021 admit card before you go for the exam.
XAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Mode of exam: XAT 2021 will be a computer based test.
Type of questions: All questions will be multiple choice questions with 5 options each.
Total number of questions: 100.
Scheme of the exam: There will be 2 time-bound parts in the XAT exam.
|Part||Sections||No. of Qs||Time|
|1||Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning|
Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation
|2||General Knowledge||25||15 minutes|
- For every correct answer, you will get 1 (one) mark.
- Negative marking: For every incorrect answer, 0.25 mark will be deducted
- More negative marking: For every unattempted question after 8 unattempted questions, 0.1 mark will be deducted.
- There will not be any negative marking in GK.
Extra time for PWD candidates: PWD candidates will get extra time of 20 minutes per hour. Which means that they will get 55 minutes extra for part 1, and 5 minutes extra for part 2.
Regarding countdown timer when you take the XAT 2021 exam:
- The countdown timer at the top, right-hand side of the screen will display the time remaining, time available for you to complete the examination for the part of the question paper you are answering (Part 1/Part 2).
- On completion of 165 minutes, the timer will reach zero and Part 1 will be locked. You will be moved to Part 2, i.e., General Knowledge section of the Question Paper. You are not allowed to leave the test lab before completion of the test.
- PwD candidates are allowed to submit their answers at any point of time between 165 minutes and 220 minutes for Part 1 and between 15 to 20 minutes for Part 2. So, a PwD candidate may leave the lab between 180 minutes and 240 minutes depending upon the completion time of the test.
Exam Timings: XAT 2021 will be held on January 3, 2021, from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
Click here to take the official mock test of XAT 2021.
Difference between XAT Exam Pattern in 2021, 2020, 2019
There is absolutely no difference between the exam pattern of XAT 2021 and that of 2020.
However there was a minor difference between the exam pattern of 2020 and 2019. The only difference in the exam pattern of the XAT exam for 2020, and the one held last year is that the number of questions was increased from 99 to 100. In the year 2019 year there were 99 questions in part A, whereas the next time there were 100. The 1 new question was introduced in Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation section, where there were 27 questions in 2019, and 28 in 2020.
FAQs on XAT Exam Pattern 2021
Ans. No, there will not be any on-screen calculator in XAT exam.
Ans. Yes, candidates can answer questions in any order.
Ans. Yes, candidates can switch between the sections and questions.
Ans. In the unlikely case of a technical glitch the candidate will be shifted to another terminal without any loss of time.
Ans. No, there will not be any negative marking in GK.
Ans. Yes, Xavier Aptitude Test is a computer based test.
Official website: xatonline.in.
MBA Entrance Exam Application Tracker
|23-Jan-2021||JEE Main||Apply Now!!|
|15-Mar-2021||Manipal Entrance||Apply Now!!|
|Apr-2021||NIIT University||Apply Now!!|