|Details - WBJEE 2021, Registration, Form Correction, Eligibility, Admit Card, Answer Key, Result|
|Preparation - Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Sample Papers, Prep Guide, Question Papers, Mock Tests, Chapter Wise Weightage|
WBJEE Syllabus 2021 – The candidates can get WBJEE 2021 syllabus from this page. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) has released the syllabus for WBJEE online at wbjeeb.nic.in. WBJEE syllabus has been released along with the information brochure. The syllabus consists of the topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE 2021) is an entrance examination held for admission into Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture courses. It is a pen-paper-based examination that is held once a year. Download PDF of WBJEE syllabus 2021 given below.
WBJEE Syllabus 2021
The subject-wise topics given below are the broad topics or chapters from which questions are framed in WBJEE. In order to know the sub-topics, we have given the PDF below.
You can download subject-wise syllabus here:
|Mathematics||Click Here for syllabus of WBJEE 2021 Mathematics|
|Physics||Click Here for syllabus of WBJEE 2021 Physics|
|Chemistry||Click Here for syllabus of WBJEE 2021 Chemistry|
The topics in WBJEE Syllabus are as follows.
- Co-ordinate Geometry of two dimensions
- Co-ordinate Geometry of three dimensions
- Physical World, Measurements, Units and Dimensions
- Laws of Motion
- Motion of Centre, Mass, Connected Systems, Friction
- Bulk Properties of Matter
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillations & Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Optics I – Ray Optics
- Optics II – Wave Optics
- Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Particle Nature of Light & Wave-Particle Dualism
- Solid-State Electronics
- Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic
- Atomic Structure
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
- The Periodic Table and Chemical Families
- Coordination Compounds
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Solid State, Liquid State, Gaseous State
- Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics
- Physical Chemistry of Solutions
- Ionic and Redox Equilibria
- Chemistry of Non-Metallic Elements and Their Compounds
- Chemistry of Metals
- Chemistry in Industry
- Surface Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemistry of Carbon Compounds
- Haloalkenes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Ethers and Carboxylic acids
- Aromatic Compounds
- Application Oriented Chemistry
- Introduction to Bio-Molecules
- Principle of Qualitative Analysis
WBJEE 2021 Exam Pattern
In order to prepare in a better way, apart from knowing the syllabus, it is important to know the exam pattern. Check WBJEE 2021 exam pattern given below.
There are two papers in WBJEE 2021; Paper 1 – Mathematics and Paper 2 – Physics and Chemistry. The candidates have to appear in both of these papers. The duration of each paper is 2 hours. Each paper has multiple-choice questions of 3 categories.
Check the distribution of questions given below.
|Sections||Category I |
(Full Marks – 1)
(Full Marks – 2)
(Full Marks – 2)
|Total no. of questions||Total marks|
|Category of questions||Marking Scheme|
|Category I||Only one option is correct|
Each question is of 01 mark
For each incorrect answer, 1/4 marks are deducted
0 marks for unattempted question
|Category II||Only one option is correct|
Each question is of 2 marks
For each incorrect answer, 1/2 marks are deducted
0 marks for unattempted question
|Category III||One or more options can be correct|
Correct responses will lead to 02 marks
Any combination of correct and incorrect response will lead to 0 marks
0 marks for un-attempted questions
For partially correct answers, marks will be calculated as:
2 x (No. of correct options marked / total number of correct options)
WBJEE 2021 Mock Test
To know how the preparation is going on, it is important to solve the mock tests. By solving the mock tests, one gets to know about the pattern of questions, weightage of topics etc. Moreover, by solving more and more mock tests, the speed and accuracy level to solve questions can be improved.
Check the subject-wise links given below.
Best Books to Prepare for WBJEE 2021
Given below are some books that can be referred by the candidates to prepare for WBJEE 2021.
|WB JEE Chapterwise Explorer Engineering – Mathematics||Buy Here|
|WB JEE Engineering Solved Paper 2021||Buy Here|
|WB JEE Chapterwise Explorer Engineering – Physics and Chemistry||Buy Here|
|WB JEE Engineering Solved Paper 2020(Old Edition)||Buy Here|
|NCERT Exemplar Problems-Solutions MATHEMATICS||Buy Here|
|NCERT Exemplar Problems-Solutions PHYSICS class 12th||Buy Here|
|NCERT Exemplar Problems-Solutions CHEMISTRY class 12th||Buy Here|
Preparation Tips for WBJEE 2021
Candidate’s preparation starts with getting familiar with the syllabus. Apart from knowing WBJEE syllabus 2021, other tips have to be followed to score good in the exam. Check the tips given below.
1. Create a study plan: After analyzing the syllabus, it is important to make a time-table. Making a time-table helps in being disciplined when it comes to preparation. So, set a target, allot the proper time slots to each subject and follow the plan.
2. Solve previous year question papers: To know-how is the preparation going on, it is advised to solve the previous year questions papers. Solving previous year question papers helps one to be aware of the type of questions asked, exam pattern, difficulty level of questions etc.
3. Make notes: While preparing, make short notes. Write down the important formulas and points in these notes. These notes are useful when it comes to revision, so get in the habit of writing important points from the early stages of preparation.
Also Read: WBJEE 2021 Important Preparation Tips
Frequently Asked Questions on WBJEE Syllabus 2021
Ans. Yes, WBJEEB releases the syllabus for WBJEE along with the official brochure.
Ans. WBJEE syllabus comprises of the topics from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects.
Ans. In WBJEE, the questions are asked as per 10+2 syllabus.