|Details – WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021, Application Form, Admit Card, Result|
|Preparation – Syllabus|
WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 (JEPBN) – West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) has extended the last date to fill the application form for the Joint Entrance for Post Basic Nursing course (JEPBN) up to 16 May 2021. The direct link to apply is given below on this page. JEPBN is a common entrance test conducted for admission into Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course. It will be held as a pen-paper-based mode on 14 August 2021. All those candidates who have passed class 12th exam and GNM course and obtained registration / RNRM certificate from the State Nursing Council of any state of India can apply for WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021. The qualified candidates are granted admission in the institutes of West Bengal. Check more details about West Bengal Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 (JEPBN) from this page such as eligibility, syllabus, exam pattern etc.
WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 (JEPBN)
Latest: WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 Application Form is available till 16 May 2021. Click here to apply.
Latest: WBJEE JEPBN 2021 details and exam date have been announced.
Latest: WBJEE JEPBN 2021 prospectus has been released. Click here to download.
Overview of WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 (JEPBN)
Check the overview of WBJEE JEPBN 2021 given below.
|Name of exam||JEPBN 2021|
|Full form of the exam||Joint Entrance for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Course|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB)|
|Programs offered||Post Basic B.Sc Nursing|
|Admission sought into||Colleges / Institute of West Bengal|
|No. of time exam conducted in a year||Once a year|
|Exam Date||14 August 2021 (11.00 AM – 12.30 PM)|
|Mode of the exam||Pen-Paper Based (OMR) Mode|
|Who can Apply?||Indian citizens who have passed class 12th and GNM. They must|
have also obtained registration / RNRM certificate from the State Nursing Council of any State of India
|Age Limit||No upper age limit for candidates employed in private institutes|
53 years for candidates employed in Govt. institutes
|Work Experience||3 years qualifying uninterrupted experience needed for Govt. employees in Govt. service by 30 Sep 2021|
Work exp not essential for private candidates
|Application Fee||Rs 3000|
|No. of parts||Paper is divided into 2 parts|
|Type of questions||MCQ type|
|Duration of the exam||90 minutes|
|No. of questions in the test||100|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for the correct answer|
-1/4 for incorrect answers; More than one answer will also be treated as incorrect answer
0 marks for un-attempted questions
|Syllabus||Based on GNM syllabus and will be divided into 2 parts|
|Exam Centre||Kolkata – Salt Lake / New Town zone only|
|Contact Number||1800-1023-781, 1800-3450-050|
WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 Date
The entrance exam will be conducted once and no further examination shall be conducted who are unable to appear for the exam. Check the important dates for WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 from the table given below.
|WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021||Dates|
|Commencement of registration||23 Apr 2021|
|Last date to apply||16 May 2021 (By 5 PM)|
|Corrections and downloading of revised confirmation page can be done from||17 – 18 May 2021|
|Availability of admit card||10 Aug 2021|
|Last date to download the admit card||14 Aug 2021|
|Exam date||14 Aug 2021 (11.00 AM – 12.30 PM)|
|Declaration of the result||to be announced|
|Counselling will start from||to be announced|
WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 (JEPBN) Application Form
The candidates can fill WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 (JEPBN) application form online at wbjeeb.nic.in. Make sure the registration details entered in the form are correct as the details like name, father’s name, mother’s name, gender, domicile, date of birth cannot be edited later.
How to Apply?
1st step: Register – Click on the application form given above on this page. Now, enter the personal details like name, parent’s name, gender, mobile number etc. Create the password, choose security question / answer and complete the registration process.
2nd step: Fill the application form – Once the registration is done, enter all the other details in the application form such as category, PwD status, religion, nationality, academic details etc.
3rd step: Upload the images – After submitting the details, upload the scanned copies of photograph and signature and other documents in one go. Make sure the images and documents are in the proper format and size.
4th step: Pay the application fee: Next, pay the application fee.
5th step: Download the confirmation page: Once the payment is successful, the candidates are required to download the confirmation page for future reference.
Application Fee: The application for JEPBN 2021 is Rs 3000. The fee once paid is non-refundable under any circumstances.
Mode of Payment: The candidates can pay the application fee using debit card / credit card / net banking.
WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 (JEPBN) Eligibility Criteria
The candidates applying for JEPBN 2021 must be a citizen of India. Check the detailed eligibility criteria given below.
- The candidates must have passed class 12th examination from any recognized board. Also, the candidates must have passed GNM course and obtained registration / RNRM certificate from the State Nursing Council of any State of India.
Age Limit (as on 31 Dec 2021)
- There is no upper age limit criteria for the candidates who are presently employed in private institutes.
- All those candidates who are currently employed in Govt. institutes, the upper age limit is 53 years unless special permission is obtained from DHS / JS (N) / Secretary (Nursing) / Higher Authorities.
Conditions for In-service candidates
- During admission, the in-service candidates have to produce a letter of permission from the Authority for Sponsorship in line with the West Bengal Nursing Personnel (Placement on Training Reserve).
- Work experience is not essential for candidates who are not presently employed in private institutes.
- 3 years qualifying uninterrupted / regularized experience in Govt service is necessary for Govt employees as on 30 September 2021.
The PwD candidates will be provided with scribe / reader. To avail this facility, the candidates have to apply in writing with an enclosed certificate provided with the prospectus to the Chairman of WBJEEB and have to submit the application before the last date of application. Special arrangements will be done in the office of the Board in Kolkata for such candidates to sit for the exam.
WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 (JEPBN) Syllabus
The paper is based on the GNM syllabus. The topics are divided into two parts. Check the WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 syllabus given below.
- Foundation of Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Paediatric Nursing
- Obstetrical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 (JEPBN) Exam Pattern
The exam is conducted in offline mode. Check the detailed JEPBN 2021 exam pattern given belw.
- Duration: The duration of the exam is 90 minutes
- Type of questions: The test comprises multiple-choice questions, with 4 alternatives
- Language of question paper: The question paper will be available in English language only
- No. of parts: There are 2 parts in the test; Part A and Part B
- No. of questions: There are 100 questions in the test.
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries 01 marks. For each incorrect answer, 1/4 marks will be deducted. More than one answer will be treated as an incorrect answer and marks will be deducted. 0 marks will be given for un-attempted questions
Distribution of questions
|Parts||Topics||No. of questions|
|A||Anatomy, Physiology, Sociology, Psychology, Pharmacology,|
Microbiology, Nutrition, Pathology
|B||Foundation of Nursing, Medical Surgical Nursing, Paediatric Nursing, |
Psychiatric Nursing, Obstetrical Nursing, Community Health Nursing
WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 (JEPBN) Admit Card
The candidates can download WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing (JEPBN) 2021 admit card from wbjeeb.nic.in. It can be downloaded by entering the login credentials.
- On the day of the examination, the candidates are required to carry a printed copy of the admit card to the exam centre.
- While carrying the printout of the admit card, please make sure that the admit card is not mutilated / distorted / soiled even by accident.
- The duplicate admit cards can only be downloaded after the examination. It can be downloaded till 60 days after the date of the declaration of the result. To obtain the duplicate copy of the admit card, the candidates have to apply to the Board and pay Rs 500 by a bank draft.
- Along with the admit card, the candidates have to carry a coloured photograph and a valid id proof as well to the exam centre.
WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 (JEPBN) Exam Centre
JEPBN 2021 will be conducted in Kolkata – Salt Lake / New Town zone only.
Recommended Books for WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 (JEPBN)
Given below are some books that candidates can refer to prepare for JEPBN 2021.
|Medical Surgical Nursing for Diploma in GNM||Check Price Here|
|Textbook Of Anatomy And Physiology For Gnm Students||Check Price Here|
|Microbiology with Diseases by Taxonomy||Check Price Here|
|Textbook of Nutrition for GNM Students||Check Price Here|
|A Text Book of NURSING FOUNDATION For GNM||Check Price Here|
|Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing for GNM||Check Price Here|
|TEXTBOOK OF COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING I FOR GNM NURSING STUDENTS||Check Price Here|
|Community Health Nursing – II for G.N.M. Students||Check Price Here|
WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 (JEPBN) Result
The candidates can WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 result at wbjeeb.nic.in. WBJEEB does not publish any rank / score list.
- The result is declared in the form of a rank card. It can be downloaded by entering the login credentials.
- JEPBN 2021 rank card contains all the relevant ranks and total score.
- The rank cards are issued to all the candidates who appear for the exam. However, all may not be awarded ranks.
- The candidates can apply for the duplicate rank card only within 60 days after the declaration of the result. For this, apply to the Board and pay Rs 500 through demand draft in the name of ‘West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board’ payable at Kolkata.
WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 (JEPBN) Counselling
Only the candidates who are awarded ranks in JEPBN 2021 are required to appear for counselling. The details regarding WBJEE Post Basic Nursing 2021 counselling are released at wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Cut-off rank will be published by the board.
- Course-wise and institute wise seats shall be released by the Board before the commencement of counselling.
- Counselling / seat allotment shall be done as per GMR ranks only (not on category ranks).
JEPBN 2021 Ranking Methodology
WBJEEB prepares merit ranks according to the scores obtained by the candidates in the entrance test. The rank will be published in the name of ‘General Merit Rank’.
- The ranking is done in the descending order of the marks scored in the entrance test.
- Separate reserved category merit position shall be indicated as per the candidate’s categories such as SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD (as applicable).
Tie-Breaking Methodology in Merit Rank
– The candidate with higher marks in Part B will be given a better rank
– Then, the candidate who has less negative marks in total will be given better rank
– Then, the candidate who has less negative marks in Part B will be awarded better rank
– If the tie is still there, then the candidate with less negative marks in Part A will be given better rank
– If the tie still exists, then the date of birth of the candidates will be considered. The older candidate will be given preference.
WBJEE Post Basic Nursing 2021 (JEPBN) Seat Matrix
The seat matrix for this session (2021-22) will be announced by the Board before the commencement of counselling. SC / ST / OBC – A / OBC – B and PwD seats shall be reserved as per the reservation policies of West Bengal University of Health Science and the Department of H&FW, Govt. of West Bengal.
- The candidates claiming the reserved seats have to produce the relevant certificate issued by the Competent authority
- List of the reserved seats will be announced before the counselling.
- The reserved category seats are restricted to the students domiciled in West Bengal only.
- OBC candidates with certificates issued before 31 Dec 2019 must get the certificate revalidated from the issuing authority.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) was established in the year 1962 by Government of West Bengal. The Board’s responsibility is to conduct Common Entrance Examination for admission into UG and PG Professional and Vocational courses. WBJEE conducts admission process through e-counselling since 2012.
Official Website: wbjeeb.nic.in
The Controller of Examinations
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
AQ-13/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700091
Contact number: 1800-1023-781, 1800-3450-050
FAQs on WBJEE Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021
Ans. JEPBN 2021 will be conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB).
Ans. WBJEE JEPBN 2021 be held on 14 August 2021.
Ans. JEPBN stands for Joint Entrance for Post Basic Nursing Course. It is a common entrance test conducted by WBJEEB for admission into Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course. The exam is held for admission into various institutes in West Bengal.
Ans. The candidates who have passed class 12th from any recognized board and GNM course can apply. Also, the candidates must have obtained registration / RNRM certificate from the State Nursing Council of any State of India.
Ans. WBJEE JEPBN 2021 will be conducted in the offline mode.
Ans. No, you cannot apply for WBJEE JEPBN 2021 via offline mode. The application forms have to be submitted online only.
Ans. Yes, for each incorrect answer 1/4 marks are deducted.
Ans. JEPBN 2021 syllabus is based on GNM syllabus.
Ans. Yes, the rank cards are issued to all the candidates who appear for the exam. However, the rank is allotted to those candidates who meet the cut off score.