WBJEE JECA 2022 Exam Pattern: The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board conducts Joint Entrance for admission into MCA course (JECA) every year. WBJEE JECA 2022 is a state-level exam held for admission into the Master of Computer Applications (MCA) course. The aspirants who are appearing for it must be aware of the exam pattern. The details like duration, marking scheme, number of questions, type of questions etc are mentioned in it. There are two parts in the exam: Category 1 and Category 2. Check the detailed WBJEE JECA 2022 exam pattern from this page.
Recommended: WBJEE JECA 2022 Exam Date
WBJEE JECA 2022 Exam Pattern
Here’s an overview of WBJEE JECA 2022.
|Known as||WBJEE JECA|
|Level of exam||State-level|
|Frequency of exam||Once in a year|
|Type of questions||MCQs|
|Mode of exam||Offline mode only (Expected)|
|Duration of the exam||120 min|
|No. of questions||100|
|Marking scheme||+1 for every correct answer and -1/4 for every wrong answer – Category 1|
+2 for every correct answer and there is no negative marking – Category 2
Distribution of Questions
|articulars||No. of Ques.||Marks Per Ques.|
|Category – 1||80||80×1|
|Category – 2||20||20×2|
Read about WBJEE JECA 2022 Application Form Here
WBJEE JECA 2022 Syllabus
There are two papers namely Mathematics and Aptitude in WBJEE JECA 2022. The questions are asked from the following topics:
- Mathematics: Algebra, Analytical geometry, Probability and Statistics, Calculus
- Aptitude: Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Problem Solving, Quantitative Comparison, Discrete Quantitative Analysis
Important Books for WBJEE JECA 2022
The following books will help the candidates understand the conceptsof WBJEE JECA 2022 and will help them to practice the type of questions that will be asked in the exam:
- What is Mathematics? by Herbert Robbins and Richard Courant – Check Price Here
- Bible to Basic Mathematics – Check Price Here
- Reasoning & Aptitude by Singh IRS – Check Price Here
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey – Check Price Here
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma – Check Price Here
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Agarwal – Check Price Here
- A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal by B.S. Sijwali and Indu Sijwali – Check Price Here
Preparation Tips for WBJEE JECA 2022
Candidates appearing in the WBJEE JECA 2022 should have a proper preparation strategy to score well. As the exam is held in the offline mode, the emphasis should be on completing the maximum number of questions. Here are some of the tips which will help a student score well in WBJEE JECA 2022:
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern: This is the most fundamental step for good preparation. A good student should start his/her exam preparation on understanding both the syllabus as well as the exam pattern.
- Prepare a proper study plan: Planning according to the portions and their difficulties is very difficult but at the same time, it is an extremely important task. So, make a time table before starting the preparation and follow it.
- Make the relevant notes: This can help remembering the concepts more easily and will prove to be a big time-saver when the exam is near.
- Revise regularly: Revision is perhaps the most important aspect when it comes to scoring well in the exam. Due to the nature of the subject, covering all topics without revising is not ideal. Regular revision can make a huge difference.
- Practice sample papers: This will not only help the student get an idea of what is to come in the exam but also tests the candidate’s preparation till date. So, practice sample papers.
Instructions for filling the OMR Sheets for WBJEE JECA 2022
Check the important instructions to fill the OMR sheets of WBJEE JECA 2022.
- Use black or blue ballpoint pens ONLY, and avoid gel pens and fountain pens for filling the sheets.
- Darken the bubbles completely. Don’t put a tick mark or a cross mark instead. Also, half-filled or over-filled bubbles will not be read by the software.
- Never use pencils to mark your answers unless specified.
- Do not use whiteners to correct the errors as they may disrupt the scanning and evaluation process.
- Writing on the OMR Sheet is permitted in the specified area only.
- Do not fold the OMR Sheet.
- Do not make any stray marks on the answer sheet.
- If a candidate has not filled his/her Roll Number, Paper Code, Question Booklet Series, Answer sheet not be evaluated.
FAQs on WBJEE JECA 2022 Exam Pattern
Ans. There are 2 parts in WBJEE JECA 2022, namely Category 1 and Category 2.
Ans. Yes, In case of Category-I each incorrect response, -1/4 marks will be deducted and there is no negative marking for Category-II.
Ans. The exam is expected to be held in the offline mode. OMR answer sheet are given to mark the answers.
Ans. There are multiple-choice questions, with 4 options in the test.
Ans. The exam is held once a year only.