|Details - WBJEE 2021, Registration, Form Correction, Eligibility, Admit Card, Answer Key, Result|
|Preparation - Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Sample Papers, Prep Guide, Question Papers, Mock Tests, Chapter Wise Weightage|
WBJEE 2021 – West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board is releasing the WBJEE 2021 admit card on July 6, 2021, at wbjeeb.nic.in. Then, the exam will be held on July 11, 2021. The registration process, as well as application form correction are over now. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) 2021 is the state-level engineering entrance exam for admission to BE, B.Tech, B.Pharm programs. The exam is held offline with questions on physics, chemistry, mathematics. On the basis of performance in WBJEE, candidates will be called for counselling for admission to engineering, architecture, pharmacy colleges of West Bengal. Get here complete details of WBJEE 2021 exam date, application form, registration, admit card, answer key, result, syllabus, pattern.
Overview of WBJEE 2021
Candidates check the overview of WBJEE 2021 from the table given below:
|Full Form of Exam||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Mode of Exam||Offline Mode|
|Duration||2 Hours (120 Minutes)|
|Programs / Courses Offered||BE, B.Tech, B.Pharm programs|
|Academic Qualification||Passed 12th class examination OR must be appearing in 10+2 examination in 2021.|
|Application fee||Rs. 500|
WBJEE 2021 Exam Dates
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board has announced the exam date of WBJEE 2021 as well as date for application form, admit card. All dates of the schedule are as follows.
|Important Events of WBJEE 2021||Dates|
|Release of WBJEE 2021 notification and information bulletin||19 Feb 2021|
|WBJEE 2021 application form is available from||23 Feb 2021|
|Last date to apply||30 Mar 2021|
|Application form correction window||31 Mar to 02 Apr 2021|
|Release of admit card||06 Jul 2021|
|WBJEE 2021 exam date||11 Jul 2021 |
Timings – 11 AM to 1 PM, 2 PM to 4 PM
|Declaration of result||to be announced|
WBJEE 2021 Admit Card
WBJEEB will release WBJEE 2021 admit card on 6th July.
The candidates can download WBJEE 2021 admit card from wbjeeb.nic.in. It can be downloaded by entering the login credentials; application number and password.
- It is advised to carry the printed copy of the admit card to the exam centre.
- Along with the admit card, carry a valid id proof, a passport size photograph and black / blue ballpoint pen.
- Before appearing at the exam centre, make sure that the admit card is not mutilated / soiled / distorted.
- Keep WBJEE 2021 admit card in safe custody till the end of the admission process.
- The admit card specifies the details like roll number, date and time of the exam, address of the exam centre, general instructions etc.
WBJEE 2021 Syllabus
WBJEEB releases the syllabus for West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) along with official brochure of the exam. Check the subject-wise syllabus given below.
- Permutation and Combination
- Principle of Mathematical Induction
- Binomial Theorem
- Matrices and Determinants
- Sets, Relations and Mapping
- Statistics and Probability
- Coordinate Geometry of 2 Dimensions
- Coordinate Geometry of 3 Dimensions
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Calculus
- Applications of Derivatives and Integrals
- Physical World, Measurements, Units and Dimensions
- Laws of Motion
- Motion of Centre, Mass, Connected Systems, Friction
- Bulk Properties of Matter
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillations & Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Optics I (Ray Optics)
- Optics II (Wave Optics)
- Particle Nature of Light & Wave-Particle Dualism
- Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid-state Electronics
- Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic
- Atomic Structure
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
- The Periodic Table and Chemical Families
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Coordination Compounds
- States of Matter
- Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics
- Physical Chemistry of Solutions
- Ionic and Redox Equilibria
- Chemistry of Non-Metallic Elements and Their Compounds
- Chemistry of Metals
- Chemistry in Industry
- Surface Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemistry of Carbon Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Ethers and Carboxylic Acids
- Aromatic Compounds
- Application of Oriented Chemistry
- Introduction to Bio-Molecules
- Principle of Qualitative Analysis
WBJEE 2021 Exam Pattern
WBJEE 2021 Exam Pattern contains important details like number of questions, marking scheme, and total marks etc. WBJEE is a pen-paper based test. There are two papers in WBJEE
- Paper 1: Mathematics
- Paper 2: Physics and Chemistry (Combined)
Duration: The duration of each paper is 2 hours
Type of questions: The test comprises of multiple-choice questions.
Category of questions: Each subject has 3 category of questions.
Distribution of questions and marks
|Subjects||Category – I||Category – II||Category – III||Total no. of questions||Total marks|
- Only one option is correct
- 01 mark is awarded for each correct answer
- 1/4 marks are deducted for each incorrect answer
- For any combination of response with more than one option, that answer will be treated as incorrect and 1/4 marks will be deducted
- 0 marks for un-attempted questions
- Only one option is correct
- For each correct answer, 02 marks are awarded
- 1/2 marks are deducted for each incorrect answer
- For any combination of response with more than one option, that answer will be treated as incorrect and 1/2 marks will be deducted
- Un-attempted questions will lead to 0 marks
- In this category of questions, one or more options can be correct
- 02 marks are awarded for each correct answer
- Combination of correct and wrong responses will be treated as incorrect and will lead to 0 marks
- 0 marks will be awarded for un-attempted questions
Partially correct response: 2 x (No. of correct options marked + Total no. of correct options).
WBJEE 2021 Mock Tests
Mock tests are an important part of the preparation strategy as they help in building the confidence required to give the exam. They also help in assessing one’s own preparation. By giving mocks, the candidates get to know about the time-management required to complete the exam.
Books Recommended for WBJEE 2021 Preparation
The candidates can refer the books given below to prepare for WBJEE 2021.
|WB JEE Engineering Solved Paper 2021||Buy Here|
|WB JEE Chapterwise Explorer Physics and Chemistry||Buy Here|
|WB JEE Chapterwise Explorer Engineering – Mathematics||Buy Here|
|Mathematics for Class 12||Buy Here|
|Chemistry Part I & II Class 12||Buy Here|
|NCERT Exemplar Problems-Solutions PHYSICS class 12th||Buy Here|
WBJEE 2021 Preparation Tips
Start the preparation for WBJEE by checking the syllabus for WBJEE 2021. Make list of the topics that have to be understood again. Check other WBJEE preparation tips given below.
Create a study plan: After checking the syllabus, make a proper time-table. Divide the important topics and less important topics. Allot proper time to these topics and follow it.
Prepare notes: Keep making short notes about the important points and formulas while preparing for the exam. These notes are useful at the time of last-minute revision.
Solve previous year question papers: It is advised to solve the previous year question papers to know the type of questions that have been coming over the years. Solving previous year question papers held one to self-analyze the strong points and weak points too.
Focus on health too: While preparing for the exam, the candidates often do not give much preference to their health. However, it is advised to get enough rest and sleep while the preparation is going on.
WBJEE 2021 Exam Day Instructions
Check the exam day instructions for WBJEE 2021 given below.
Must Follow Instruction: The candidates must follow the social distancing and other COVID-19 instructions as applicable on the day of the examination.
Entry time: The candidates must enter 30 minutes before the starting of the test. The seats must be taken 15 minutes before the test.
Frisking: Frisking will be done while entering at the test centre to check the prohibited items.
Checking questions booklets: The question booklets are distributed before the commencement of the test. So, take out the OMR sheet without breaking the seals of the question booklet and check that OMR number and question booklet number are same. If the number are not same, ask the invigilator to replace the whole set from the series.
Filling OMR sheet: Write the question booklet number and roll number at the designated places of OMR. Wrong entry of the question booklet number and roll number may result in rejection of OMR. If any candidate makes mistake while writing these details, he / she must not overwrite. Request the invigilator to strike it out and rewrite the correct numbers and put his / her signature.
Checking the particulars on the attendance sheet: Check the spelling of the name, roll number and photograph mentioned in the attendance sheet are matching with that given on the admit card. If any correction is required, contact the invigilator.
Maintain silence: During the test, it is advised to maintain silence. Any disturbances or conversation shall be considered a misdemeanor. If any candidate is found to be adopting any unfair means, then his / her candidature will be cancelled and he / she will be debarred from the exam permanently or temporarily as decided by the Centre-in-charge.
Leaving the exam centre: No candidate can leave the seat without the permission of the invigilator until the test is over.
Impersonation: If any candidate is found to be impersonating, he / she will be handed over to the police and the candidature of such candidate will be cancelled.
WBJEE 2021 Exam Centres
WBJEE 2021 shall be conducted in the examination zones of the following districts.
|Cooch Behar||Cooch Behar|
Bandel / Chinsurah
|Howrah||Sakia / Bally / Uttarparah|
|Howrah||Howrah Maidan / Shibpur|
|Howrah||Santragachi / Domjur|
|Kolkata||Central Kolkata (Moulali / Belighata / Narkel Danaga / |
Phool Bagan / Park Circus / Kakurgachi
|Kolkata||Salt Lake / New Town / Lake Town / Rajar Hat|
|Kolkata||North Kolkata (Shyam Bazaar / Bagh Bazar / Girish Park / |
Burra Bazaar / College Street / Sealdah)
|Kolkata||South Kolkata (Ballyguange / Minto Park / Bhowanipore / Jadavpur / Tollygauenge)|
|Kolkata||West Kolkata (Joka / Behala / Alipore / Chetla / Khidripore / Budge Budge)|
|North 24 Paraganas||Ashoknagar|
|South 24 Paraganas||Jainagar|
Garia / Sonapur / Baruipur
WBJEE 2021 Answer Key
After the conduct of the exam, WBJEEB publishes the answer key at wbjeeb.nic.in. With the help of answer key, the candidates can calculate their marks. Model answer key can be challenged if the candidates find any error in it. To download WBJEE 2021 answer key, the candidates are required to login with their application number and password.
- The board review all the challenges and then publishes the final answer key.
- The decision of the board regarding the final answer key is final and no further challenges are accepted.
Challenging Fee: The candidates are required to pay Rs 500 per question + bank charges. The fee is non-refundable. It can be paid using debit card / credit card / net banking.
WBJEE 2021 Response Sheet
WEBJEE 2021 response sheet can be downloaded from wbjeeb.nic.in. The response sheet displays the answers that have been marked by the candidates during the examination.
WBJEE OMR sheet is released at the candidate’s login. The candidates who are not satisfied with the captured responses can submit the challenges against them. WBJEEB reviews all the challenges and takes the final decision.
Challenging Fee: A non-refundable fee of Rs 500 + Bank Charges has to be paid for every response that has to be challenged. The amount can be paid using debit card / credit card / net banking.
WBJEE 2021 Result
WBJEE 2021 result can be checked from wbjeeb.nic.in. The result is published in the form of a rank card. So, to download it, the candidates are required to provide their login credentials.
- The rank specifies the scores obtained in Paper I and Paper II, total score, and ranks etc.
- Based on the obtained scores in WBJEE, two separate merit ranks General Merit Rank (GMR) and Pharmacy Merit Rank (PMR) are published.
- The candidates who are awarded ranks are then required to appear for counselling.
Note: The rank card is issued to all the candidates who appeared for WBJEE 2021. But all are not awarded the rank. These candidates are not eligible for counselling.
WBJEE 2021 Ranking Methodology
Two types of merit ranks are prepared by WBJEEB according to the scores obtained in WBJEE. Check the details given below.
General Merit Rank (GMR)
- General Merit Rank (GMR) list is prepared according to the total score obtained in Paper I and Paper II taken together.
- The ranking is done in the descending order of the total marks secured in all the subjects.
- According to the category of students, separate reserved category merit positions will be indicated such as SC, ST, OBC – A, OBC – B, TFW etc.
- The counselling / seat allotment is done according to GMR only. The category rank is displayed solely for information purposes.
- Admission to all Engineering / Technology / Architecture courses and Pharmacy course in Jadavpur University shall be done according to GMR only.
Pharmacy Merit Rank (PMR)
- Pharmacy Merit Rank (PMR) list is prepared according to the score obtained in Paper II (Physics and Chemistry) only.
- The ranking is done in the descending order of the marks obtained in Paper II.
- Category-wise merit position will be indicated according to the respective candidate’s category.
- The allotment of seats is done on the basis of PMR only and not as per category ranks.
- Admission to all Pharmacy courses except Jadavpur University shall be done on PMR only.
What is WBJEE 2021 Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme?
Government of West Bengal has implemented Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme (TFW) for meritorious and economically backward students. Check the points about TFW given below.
- TFW can be availed by those students who are domiciled in West Bengal.
- The total annual income from all sources must be less than Rs 2.50 lakhs.
- The candidates availing TFW scheme have to submit the income certificate issued by the competent authority.
- TFW is limited to tuition fees only. All other fees have to be paid by the students.
WBJEE 2021 Counselling
After the declaration of the result, the notification for WBJEE counselling is published at wbjeeb.nic.in and wbjeeb.in. The counselling process is given below.
- Registration: The candidates have to first register for the counselling by visiting the official website. Also, the documents have to be uploaded. Then, counselling fee needs to be submitted.
- Document Verification: Then, the document verification is held. Last year, the document verification was held virtually .
- Choice Filling: After the registration, the candidates are required to submit the choices of colleges and courses.
- Seat Allotment: The seats are allotted to candidates according to their merit, preferences submitted and availability of seats.
- Acceptance of seat: The candidates who are allotted seats have to pay the seat acceptance fee and download the seat allotment letter.
WBJEEB 2021 Seat Reservation Criteria
The seat matrix will be announced by Director of Technical Education, West Bengal soon and shall be published at wbjeeb.nic.in before counselling.
Reservation of seats under Reserved Category
- The reservation of seats is applicable for the candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC – A / OBC – B / TFW / PwD category.
- The reservation is restricted to the candidates who citizen of India and domiciled in West Bengal.
- Such candidates have to submit the certificate issued from the competent authority claiming the respective category. These certificates have to be produced at the time of counselling.
- OCI candidates are only reserved for Un-reserved seats in All India Quota.
PwD category seats: The candidates with not less than 40% disability will be included in the PwD category. The special facilities available to PwD candidates are:
- PwD candidates are eligible for 40% concession on the application fees. To avail this, such candidates are required to apply in writing before the last date of application to the Chairman of WBJEEB.
- 20 minutes per hour compensatory time as per the duration of the exam will be given to PwD candidates (On pro-rata basis). Special arrangement shall be made for such candidates in the office of Board in Kolkata to sit for the exam.
- The facility of scribe / reader shall be allowed to PwD candidates. To avail this facility, the candidates have to apply in writing (with the certificate in proper format and a letter of undertaking) to the Chairman of WBJEEB.
Seats for Defense Personnel: A total of 13 seats are available for the wards of Defense Personnel through WBJEE 2021. However, to be condidered under Defense Quota, the candidates have to apply Rajya Sainik Board, Home Department, Govt. of West Bengal, Writer’s Building Kolkata with the prescribed form and an attested copy of WBJEE 2021 admit card.
Note that the allotment of Defense seat is not done through e-counselling.
WBJEE 2021 Registration, Application Form
The WBJEE application form 2021 is over.
The candidates can apply for WBJEE 2021 via online mode only. A valid mobile number and email id are essential details that all the candidates must have in order to fill WBJEE 2021 application form. Note that a candidate can submit only one application form. Multiple applications will be rejected.
WBJEE 2021 Application Process
- Registration: Click on the link of the application form given above on this page. Next, click on the ‘New Registration’ and enter the details like name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth etc.
- Fill the application form: Next, enter the remaining details like nationality, category, religion, income category etc. Select the exam centres and enter the educational details.
- Upload the images: Next, upload the scanned images of photograph and signature. These images have to be uploaded in one go. Partial uploading of images is not allowed.
- Pay the application fee: Next, pay the application fee.
- Download the confirmation page: Once the payment is done, the confirmation page is generated. Download this confirmation page for future references.
WBJEE 2021 Application Fee: The examination is non-refundable. Check the amount given below.
|GEN||Rs. 500 + bank charges|
|SC / ST / OBC – A / OBC – B||Rs. 400 + bank charges|
Mode of Payment: The examination fee can be paid using debit card / credit card / net banking.
WBJEE 2021 Application Correction Window
You can access WBJEE 2021 application correction from 31 March.
Here are the key points you should know about the process.
- WBJEEB is allowing WBJEE 2021 application correction from 31 March to 2 April.
- Candidates who made a mistake in their application form can edit their forms online, during this edit window.
- In order to rectify the mistakes, candidates need to visit wbjeeb.nic.in and login to their application forms.
- Candidates should ensure that all details they fill in the form are correct.
- Also, remember to download the revised confirmation page after submitting correct details.
Eligibility Criteria of WBJEE 2021
The candidates must fulfill all the eligibility conditions given below in order to take admission via WBJEE 2021.
Seats for admission through JEE Main 2021: 10% of the approved seats in Self-Financed Engineering College & Technology Colleges of West Bengal are reserved for the merit listed candidates in JEE Main 2021.
General Eligibility Criteria
Citizenship: The candidates must be a citizen of India OR OCI.
- The candidates must be minimum 17 years of age as on 31st December 2021. This means, that the candidates must be born on or after 31st December 2004. There is no upper age limit.
- In order to take admission in degree-level Marine Engineering course, the upper age limit is 25 years as on 31st December 2021.
Requirements of Residential / Domicile Criteria
- The candidates must be domicile of West Bengal for admission in:
i) Any seat including General category seats in any Govt. aided Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy colleges in West Bengal.
ii) For availing General category seats in Aliah University.
iii) Any seats including General category seats in B.Tech (Dairy Technology) in West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences.
iv) All reserved seats and 90% of General seats in Jadavpur University.
v) Any reserved category seats in any institute (SC / ST / OBC – A / OBC – B / PwD / TFW)
Who will be treated as Domicile of West Bengal? The candidates who are residing in West Bengal for at least 10 years in West Bengal as on 31st December 2020 OR Whose parent is / are permanent residents of West Bengal and have a permanent address of within West Bengal.
General Educational Qualification
- The candidates must have passed 12th class examination OR must be appearing in 10+2 examination in 2021.
Eligibility Criteria for Engineering Courses
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics and Chemistry along with Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Applications / Technical Vocational subject as compulsory subjects.
- The candidates must have passed the above-given subjects individually in the regular class mode.
- Also, the candidates must have secured at least 45% marks in the above 3 subjects taken together (40% in case of SC / ST / OBC – A / OBC – B / PwD).
- The candidates must have passed English in 12th class with minimum 30% marks.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology as compulsory subjects with individual passing marks in all the 3 subjects in the regular class mode.
- Also, the candidates must have obtained minimum 45% marks in the above 3 subjects taken together (40% for SC / ST / OBC – A / OBC – B / PwD).
- The candidates must have also passed English in 10+2 with at least 30% marks.
Eligibility Criteria for Architecture courses (Applicable for all participating institutes except Jadavpur University)
- To take admission in Architecture courses, the candidates must have passed 10+2 examination with minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate.
- The candidates must have also qualified NATA conducted by Council of Architecture, New Delhi or Paper 2 of JEE Mains.
Note: The board of the above qualifying exam must be recognized by State or Central Government. Also, as per rules of the concerned regulatory body, candidates completing 10+2 from Open Schooling are not eligible for B.Pharm courses.
University / Institute – Wise WBJEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Check the institute-wise WBJEE 2021 eligibility criteria given below.
Jadavpur University (For Engineering and Technology courses)
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 in Science stream in regular class mode from West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent examination or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- The candidates must have individually passed Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- The candidates must have obtained minimum 60% marks in the above subject taken together (45% for reserved category). Also, the candidates must have passed English with minimum 30% marks.
For Architecture courses
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 in Science stream in regular class mode from West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent examination or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- The candidates must have obtained 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and 50% marks in aggregate in 10+2 (37% for reserved category).
- Also, the candidates must have either qualified NATA or Paper 2 of JEE Main.
West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences
B.Tech (Dairy Technology) course
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects with individual passing marks in all 4 subjects in regular class mode.
- The candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks in the above 4 subjects (40% for reserved category).
B.Tech course in Marine Engineering: The candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with at least 60% marks in all the 3 subjects taken together and 50% marks in English.
B.Pharma course: The candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology as compulsory subjects with at least 60% marks in all the subjects taken together.
B.Tech course in other Engineering branches: The candidates must have passed class 12th with Physics and Mathematics along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects with minimum 60% marks in all the 3 subjects taken together.
- The candidates must have passed Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in 10+2 examination with at least 100 marks.
- The candidates must have obtained 60% overall marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together withindividual passing marks in each subject.
About West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board
West Bengal Joint Examination Board (WBJEEB) is a state government authority that oversees admission into Engineering and Other degree colleges in West Bengal, India. It was established in the year 1962. Some of the other examinations conducted by the Board are:
Click here to visit the official website of WBJEEB
WBJEEB Contact Details
AQ-13/1, Sector V
Salt Lake City
Kolkata – 700 091
Toll-Free Contact Number:
Frequently Asked Questions on WBJEE 2021
Ans. No, you cannot apply for WBJEE via offline mode. Application form can be filled and submitted via online mode only.
Ans. WBJEE 2021 will be conducted in the offline mode.
Ans. The exam will be conducted on 11 July 2021.
Ans. There are 3 categories of questions in the exam.
Ans. Yes, for Category 1 questions, 1/4 marks are deducted for each question. In case of Category 2 questions, 1/2 marks are deducted for each question. In case of Category 3 questions, any combination of correct and wrong answers will lead to 0 marks.
Ans. You are required to carry a printed copy of admit card, a valid id proof, a passport size photograph and black ballpoint pen to the exam centre.
Ans. 10% of the approved seats in Private-Self Financing Engineering & Technology colleges are available.
Ans. Since there are two papers in WBJEE 2021, so each paper is of 2 hour duration.