|Details - WBJEE 2021, Registration, Form Correction, Eligibility, Admit Card, Answer Key, Result|
|Preparation - Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Sample Papers, Prep Guide, Question Papers, Mock Tests, Chapter Wise Weightage|
WBJEE 2021 Result – WBJEE board has announced WBJEE result today, on August 06, 2021. The result has been first announced in the press meet and the link to check WBJEE result 2021 is activated now. Panchojanyo Dey has topped the exam. Candidates can check WBJEE 2021 result from wbjeeb.nic.in. To check result of WBJEE 2021, candidates need to enter the application number and password/Date of birth. The result is declared in the form of a rank card. Details like scores obtained in Paper I and Paper II, total score, ranks etc are mentioned in the rank card. The candidates who qualify the exam are then required to participate in the counselling. The qualified candidates are allotted seats at Universities / Govt. Colleges / Self-Financed institute of West Bengal. Know more about WBJEE 2021 result from this page.
WBJEE 2021 Result
WBJEE Result Link: Click here to check WBJEE 2021 result.
Official website: wbjeeb.nic.in
WBJEE 2021 Toppers
The toppers of WBJEE 2021 are:
Rank 1 – Panchojanyo Dey
Rank 2 – Soumyajt Dutta
Rank 3 – Bratin Mandal
Rank 4 – Ankit Mandal
Rank 5 – Gourab Das
WBJEE 2021 Result Stats
|WBJEE 2021 Result||Statistics|
|Total no. of candidates registered||92,685|
|Total no. of candidates appeared||65,170|
|% of candidates who appeared||77%|
|WBCHSE qualifying candidates||34,440|
|CBSE qualifying candidates||19,338|
|ISC qualifying candidates||840|
WBJEE 2021 Result Date
Check WBJEE 2021 result date given below.
|WBJEE 2021 exam date||17 Jul 2021|
|Announcement of result||06 Aug 2021|
How is WBJEE 2021 Result Compiled?
WBJEE result is compiled in the following way:
Determination of scores: The scores are calculated according to the marking scheme specified by the Board.
- For each correct answer, add 01 marks in case of Category I questions
- For each correct answer of Category II and III, add 02 marks.
- Deduct 1/4 marks in case of each incorrect answer of Category I questions
- Deduct 1/2 marks in case of each incorrect answer of Category II questions
- There is no negative marking for the questions of Category III.
Rank: The rank is determined according to the scores obtained in the exam. Two types of ranks are released: General Merit Rank (GMR) and Pharmacy Merit Rank (PMR).
WBJEE 2021 Ranking Methodology
According to the marks secured in papers of WBJEE, two separate ranks shall be generated by the Board. Check the details of rank given below.
General Merit Rank (GMR)
- GMR list is prepared according to the total score obtained Paper I and Paper II taken together.
- The ranking is done in the descending order of the total marks secured in all the subjects.
- Reserved category merit position will also be displayed according to the candidate’s category such as SC rank, ST rank, OBC – A rank, OBC rank, TFW rank etc.
- The allotment of seat / counselling shall be done on the basis of GMR only. Category ranks are only for information purpose.
Admission as per GMR: Admission in all Engineering / Technology / Architecture courses and Pharmacy courses in Jadavpur University will be done according to GMR only.
Pharmacy Merit Rank (PMR)
- Pharmacy Merit Rank (PMR) list is prepared according to the marks secured in Paper II only (Physics and Chemistry).
- The ranking is done in descending order of the marks obtained in Paper II.
- Separate category merit positions will be displayed as per the category of the candidates.
- Allotment of seats will be done according to PMR only. The category ranks are only for information purposes.
Admission as per PMR: Admission to all Pharmacy courses shall be done according to PMR except Jadavpur University.
Note: The category ranks according to birth category information given by the candidates during the application process.
If at the time of verification, the details are found to be invalid then category rank will be cancelled and the candidate will be considered in the General category. Also, the category rank of other candidates will not be revised.
WBJEE 2021 Tie-Breaking Policy
If the candidates have obtained same marks in WBJEE 201, then the following criteria is followed to break the ties:
- Less negative marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry when taken together
- Higher rank is given to the candidate who has more marks in Mathematics and Physics when taken together
- Higher rank is allotted to the candidate who has more marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together
- Better rank is given to the candidate who has less negative marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together
- Better rank is allotted to the candidate who has less negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together
- If the tie is still there, then the candidate with more positive marks in Mathematics for only 02 marker questions is given a better rank
- If the tie is still there, then the candidate with more positive marks in Physics for only 02 marker questions is given a better rank
- If the tie is still there, then the candidate with more positive marks in Chemistry for only 02 marker questions is given a better rank
- In case of still a tie, the candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics for only 02 marker questions are placed higher
- In case of still a tie, the candidate with less negative marks in Physics for only 02 marker questions are placed higher
- The candidate with less negative marks in Physics and Chemistry is given a better rank
- The candidate with more positive marks in Chemistry is given a better rank
- Better rank is given to the candidate with less negative marks in Chemistry
- If the tie is still there, then the candidate with more positive marks in Chemistry for only 02 marker questions is placed higher
- If the tie is still there, then the candidate with less negative marks in Chemistry for only 02 marker questions is placed higher
- If the tie is still there, then the candidate with more positive marks in Physics for only 02 marker questions is placed higher
- If the tie is still there, then the candidate with less negative marks in Physics for only 02 marker questions is placed higher
Final Tie-Breaking Rule for GMR and PMR
- If after the above given tie- breaking criteria, there is still a tie then date of birth of the candidates will be considered and the older candidate will be given preference.
How to Download WBJEE 2021 Rank Card?
Check the steps to download WBJEE 2021 rank card from below.
1st step: Click on the direct link of the result given above on this page.
2nd step: A login window will open after following the step given above.
Login with the application number and password OR
Login through application number and date of birth.
3rd step: Then, click on the ‘Sign In’ button.
4th step: Now, the dashboard will open. From here, download the rank card and take a printout of it for future references.
Note: Keep in mind that rank card are issued to all the candidates who appeared in WBJEE 2021. But, all the candidates are not awarded rank. Such candidates are not eligible for counselling.
Forgot WBJEE 2021 Login Credentials? Here’s What You Can Do
If the candidates have forgotten their WBJEE 2021 login credentials, then the steps given below can be follow to get them back.
Forgot Application Number
- First of all, click on the link of the result given above.
- Next, click on the ‘Forgot Application Number’ button.
- Then, enter the name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth and security pin.
- After entering the details, click on the ‘Get application number’ button.
- Lastly, write down the displayed application number.
Forgot WBJEE 2021 Login Password
- Click on the result link given above on this page.
- Then, click on the ‘Forgot Password’ button.
- Next, select any 1 option from the 3 choices available.
If 1st option is selected: Enter the application number, security question, security answer and security pin.
If 2nd and 3rd option is selected: Enter application number, date of birth and security pin.
- After entering the details, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Lastly, write down the password somewhere for future reference.
Details Mentioned in WBJEE 2021 Result
The rank card of WBJEE specifies the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- Date of birth
- Roll number
- Application number
- TFW status
- PwD status
- Component score in Paper I
- Component score in Paper II
- Total score
- Rank information
Duplicate WBJEE 2021 Rank Card
The candidates are advised to retain their WBJEE 2021 rank card till the end of the admission process. If a candidate needs the duplicate rank card even after the completion of counselling and admission, the Board can provide the same but only till 60 days after the date of the declaration of the result.
How to get a duplicate rank card? The candidates have to first apply to the Board and pay a processing fee of Rs 500 by a bank draft drawn in the name of ‘West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board’ payable in Kolkata.
WBJEE 2021 Cut Off
Every year after the declaration of results, the board releases the cut-off. These are the minimum marks that candidates must get to take admission in their desired course and college. The cut-off is also known as opening and closing ranks. Various factors are considered to determine the cut-off such as:
- Number of applicants
- Availability of seat
- Previous year cut-off trends
Check previous year cut-offs given below
- Click here to check cut-off for the last year
Previous Year WBJEE Result Statistics
Check WBJEE result previous year statistics given below.
Total no. of candidates appeared: 73119
Percentage of rank holders
- 71% of the rank holders were from West Bengal
- 31% were from CBSE
- 3% from ISC Board
Toppers from last year
- Rank 1 – Souradeep Das
- Rank 2 – Shubham Ghosh
- Rank 3 – Sreemati Dey
- Rank 4 – Utsav Basu
- Rank 5 – Purnendu Sen
- Rank 6 – Ankur Bhaumik
- Rank 7 – Soham Samddar
- Rank 8 – Aritra Mitra
- Rank 9 – Girik Maskara
- Rank 10 – Arka Datta
WBJEE 2021 Counselling
The candidates who are awarded ranks have to then participate in WBJEE 2021 counselling. The details for counselling are published at wbjeeb.nic.in and wbjeeb.in. Check the counselling process given below.
Registration and payment of counselling fee: The candidates have to first register online. Next, pay the counselling fee.
Choice Filling: After the registration, the candidates are required to do the choice filling. The choices must be submitted in the order of preference.
Seat Allotment: Next, check the seat allotment. The seat allotment status can be checked by entering the login credentials.
Document Verification: The candidates who are allotted seats have to then report to the respective reporting centres for document verification.
About WBJEE 2021
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) is an examination that is held once a year for admission into UG courses in Engineering, Pharmacy and Architecture courses. The exam is held in the offline mode. There are two papers in WBJEE; Paper I is Mathematics and Paper 2 is Physics and Chemistry. The exam comprises of 3 categories of questions.
Frequently Asked Questions on WBJEE 2021 Result
Ans. You can check WBJEE 2021 result by entering the application number and password/Date of Birth.
Ans. You can check the result from wbjeeb.nic.in.
Ans. WBJEE result is declared in the form of a rank card.
Ans. Yes, the candidates can get a duplicate rank card but only till 31st August 2021. To get the duplicate rank card, you are required to apply to the Board and pay a processing fee of Rs 500 by a bank draft drawn in the name of ‘West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations’ payable in Kolkata.
Official Website: wbjeeb.nic.in.