|Details - WBJEE 2021, Registration, Form Correction, Eligibility, Admit Card, Answer Key, Result|
|Preparation - Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Sample Papers, Prep Guide, Question Papers, Mock Tests, Chapter Wise Weightage|
WBJEE 2021 Preparation – The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) is being conducted on July 11, 2021 as an offline test. Candidates seeking admission to BE/B.Tech, B.Arch and B.Pharm courses must secure a good rank in the entrance test, based on which, seats are offered in Government as well as Self Financing Engineering & Technological Institutes in West Bengal. WBJEE 2021 exam is held for two papers where Paper 1 is based on Mathematics while Paper 2 is based on Physics & Chemistry. The syllabus of the exam is of the 10+2 level of difficulty. Candidates need to invest time in studying for the exam, practicing and revising important topics. Read this article for important preparation tips, suggestions, study strategy, books to refer and more.
WBJEE 2021 Preparation
With the WBJEE entrance exam scheduled to be held in July 2021, candidates are required to commence preparations if they have not already started. The WBJEE Board releases the General Merit List based on the score in Paper 1 & 2 taken together. The Board also releases the Pharmacy Merit List based on the score in Paper 2 only.
Know WBJEE 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Before anything else, you need to know the syllabus and exam pattern for WBJEE 2021. They are both given in the following pages:
Previous Year Question Papers of WBJEE
Go through all the previous year questions of West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination. The purpose is to know the type of questions, difficulty level, and get practice of solving same type of paper that you will get on the day of your exam.
Click here for WBJEE previous year question papers of 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007.
Important Books for WBJEE 2021 Preparation
It has already been established that having a good and sound understanding of the important concepts in PCM is extremely important. Those who are not very confident about their understanding are required to refer to textbooks and other learning resources as well. Check out some of the most important books for WBJEE along with their direct purchase links.
WBJEE Solved Papers 2021
WBJEE Chapterwise Explorer – Mathematics
WBJEE Chapterwise Explorer – Physics and Chemistry
Important events for you to keep track of:
Next, let us tackle the subject wise papers.
WBJEE 2021 Preparation For Mathematics
As per the official information brochure of WBJEE 2021, Paper 1 is based on the subject of Mathematics. Candidates are asked a total of 75 MCQ type questions in Mathematics from each of the three categories. The marking scheme differs as per category. Check out the following preparation tips to crack the Mathematics paper of WBJEE 2021.
- The maximum number of questions asked in WBJEE is asked from the Mathematics paper. As such, preparations for the Mathematics paper must begin at first.
- Preparing for the Mathematics paper of WBJEE require extensive practice. Candidates are asked questions from topics such as Trigonometry, Calculus, Binomial Theorem, Probability, Statistics etc. Such topics are very practice intensive. Candidates must aim to practice solving diverse type of questions from each topic of Mathematics.
- One of the most important strategies for Mathematics preparation is to memorize the important formula, equations, trigonometric ratios, logarithmic values etc. for the exam. Candidates may utilise short notes, flashcards etc. to memorize these for easy recall during the exam.
- Practising mental calculations are equally important when preparing for WBJEE. Candidates have to solve 75 questions in a duration of 120 minutes. This means that candidates would not get enough time to do pen & paper-based calculations.
- It is also important that candidates learn to solve problems without the use of calculators. Calculators are not allowed inside the WBJEE exam hall. Therefore, it is important that candidates are able to solve numerical problems & perform critical calculations without the use of a calculator.
WBJEE 2021 Preparation For Physics
Paper 2 of the WBJEE exam is based on the important topic of Physics (and Chemistry). Candidates are required to solve 40 MCQ type questions based on the Physics syllabus of the 10+2 standard. Here are some important study tips to follow for preparation of the Physics section of WBJEE.
- To start with, candidates are advised to refer to the WBJEE syllabus for Physics at first. This is to identify the chapters that candidates have to study for the exam.
- WBJEE aspirants are advised to clear out any confusion in the understanding of the fundamentals of 10+2 Physics. Topics like Laws of Motion, Gravitation, Oscillations, Magnet & Current Electricity must be studied in a way so as to understand various laws, theories etc.
- It is advised that candidates take care to refer to the previous year papers of WBJEE Physics. This is to identify the most important topics that are asked in the exam during the last few years.
- Studying from the previous year papers can also greatly help candidates. One can easily identify the chapters from which the majority of questions are asked.
- Based on previous year papers, the question paper carries some easy questions from topics such as Nuclear Physics. Similarly, questions from some chapters are repeated periodically. Candidates must identify these and prepare to answer them in the exam.
- Solving mock tests is an indispensable way to prepare well for the exam. Not only does it give a first-hand experience of how it feels to take the WBJEE, but it also helps candidates improve time management techniques for the exam.
- One must not forget to practice numerical problems and memorize the important formula, equations etc.
WBJEE 2021 Preparation For Chemistry
Paper 2 of the WBJEE exam consist of questions from the topic of Chemistry (and Physics). Candidates are asked 40 MCQ type questions. Similar to the other two subjects, the questions in Chemistry paper are also inclusive of Category I, II and III. Check out some important preparation tips to ace the Chemistry section of WBJEE 2021.
- The syllabus of the Chemistry paper of WBJEE is extensive. There are a lot of important topics such as Chemical Bonding, Organic Chemistry, Redox reaction etc. which in turn, includes a wide variety of interlinked topics to study & understand. Candidates are advised to dedicate sufficient time so as to complete the test within the stipulated time.
- In Chemistry, candidates have to remember important equations, formulas, values etc. & learn to implement them in solving questions. This is not possible without extensive practice.
- Furthermore, a clear understanding of fundamental concepts of Chemistry is key to secure higher marks in the paper.
- Candidates must identify the topics that are significant in the WBJEE exam for the Chemistry section. One must ensure that they dedicate maximum time to such topics including Organic Chemistry.
- Referring to the previous year papers of the Chemistry section can give a very good idea about the important topics in the exam.
- Candidates are also advised to solve mock tests.
Mock Tests for WBJEE 2021 Preparation
When it comes to cracking a national/state level entrance examination, solving mock tests before the exam becomes crucial. In WBJEE, mock tests play an important role in preparation for the exam. Candidates can get free mock tests for the exam here.
We hope that this article on WBJEE 2021 preparation helps you secure a great rank in WBJEE 2021 result.
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination is conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board once a year.
The purpose of the exam is to rank qualifying candidates are per merit in the exam. Based on this rank, candidates are offered seats in BE/B.Tech, B.Arch & B.Pharm courses in Government & Self Financed Engineering & Technology colleges of the state.
The WBJEE question paper is based on the subjects of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Based on the performance in the exam, candidates are shortlisted in two separate merit lists. One can download the official information brochure of the exam from wbjeeb.nic.in for the complete information of the exam.
When your exam ends, go to WBJEE 2021 answer key to check questions, answers, solutions.
Ans. The syllabus is based on the papers of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
Ans. For General candidates, a good score is anything above 95 marks.
Ans. There are many books but candidates can follow SN Dey for Maths, HC Verma for Physics and of course NCERT Class 11 & 12 books.
Ans. You can simply refer to the previous year papers to know the level of difficulty as well as the type & nature of questions asked in the exam.
Ans. The rank must be below 1500 to get a seat in Jadavpur University.