VSAT Syllabus 2021 – The VSAT 2021 syllabus has been released. Students who will appear in Vignan Scholastic Admission Test (VSAT 2021) can check the complete syllabus here for this entrance exam for admission in B.Tech and B.Pharma courses. The university refers to the AP/TS board syllabus for this entrance test. Vignan University has uploaded the VSAT 2021 syllabus for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English on its official website. The VSAT 2021 syllabus prescribed by the university is the same as the board syllabus of the 12th class Intermediate of Andhra Pradesh & Telangana states. Candidates may also refer to the NCERT and CBSE board syllabus for preparation. Get the complete information about VSAT 2021 syllabus and exam pattern through this article.
Vignan VSAT 2021 Syllabus
Vignan VSAT 2021 entrance test comprises Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects. The university recommends the 12th class Andhra Pradesh & Telangana board syllabus for the VSAT entrance test.
Candidates are suggested to adhere to the board syllabus prescribed by both of the states. Also, candidates can refer to the CBSE 12th and NCERT syllabus.
The subject-wise syllabus for mathematics, physics, chemistry, zoology and botany is given below:
|VSAT Syllabus for Botany||Check Here|
|VSAT Syllabus for Chemistry||Check Here|
|VSAT Syllabus for Math-A||Check Here|
|VSAT Syllabus for Math-B||Check Here|
|VSAT Syllabus for Physics||Check Here|
|VSAT Syllabus for Zoology||Check Here|
Vignan VSAT 2021 Mathematics Syllabus
- Complex number as an ordered pair of real numbers fundamental operations
- Representation of complex numbers in the form a+ib
- Modulus and amplitude of complex numbers Illustrations
- Geometrical and Polar Representation of complex numbers in Argand plane – Argand diagram.
De Moivre’s Theorem:
- De Moivre’s theorem- Integral and Rational indices.
- nth roots of unity- Geometrical Interpretations – Illustrations
- Quadratic expressions, equations in one variable
- Sign of quadratic expressions – Change in signs – Maximum and minimum values
- Quadratic in equations
Theory of Equations:
- The relation between the roots and coefficients in an equation
- Solving the equations when two or more roots of it are connected by a certain relation
- Equation with real coefficients, the occurrence of complex roots in conjugate pairs and its Consequences
- Transformation of equations – Reciprocal Equations.
Permutations and Combinations:
- Fundamental Principle of counting – linear and circular permutations
- Permutations of ‘n’ dissimilar things taken ‘r’ at a time
- Permutations when repetitions allowed
- Circular permutations
- Permutations with constraint repetitions
- Combinations-definitions and certain theorems
- Binomial theorem for positive integral index
- Binomial theorem for rational Index (without proof)
- Approximations using Binomial theorem
- Partial fractions of f(x)/g(x) when g(x) contains non – repeated linear factors
- Partial fractions of f(x)/g(x) when g(x) contains repeated and/or non-repeated linear factors
- Partial fractions of f(x)/g(x) when g(x) contains irreducible factors.
PROBABILITY MEASURES OF DISPERSION
- Mean deviation
- Variance and standard deviation of ungrouped/grouped data
- Coefficient of variation and analysis of frequency distribution with equal means but different variances
- Random experiments and events
- The classical definition of probability
- Axiomatic approach and addition theorem of probability
- Independent and dependent events, conditional probability- multiplication theorem and Bayee’s theorem
- Random Variables and Probability Distributions:
- Random Variables
- Theoretical discrete distributions – Binomial and Poisson Distributions
- Equation of circle -standard form-centre and radius of a circle with a given line segment as diameter & equation of a circle through three non-collinear points – parametric equations of a circle.
- Position of a point in the plane of a circle – the power of a point-definition of tangent-length of tangent
- Position of a straight line in the plane of a circle-conditions for a line to be tangent – chord joining two points on a circle – equation of the tangent at a point on the circle- point of contact-equation of normal.
- Chord of contact – pole and polar-conjugate points and conjugate lines – equation of chord with given middle point.
- The relative position of two circles- circles touching each other externally, internally common tangents –centres of similitude- equation of pair of tangents from an external point.
System of Circles:
- The angle between two intersecting circles.
- Radical axis of two circles- properties- Common chord and common tangent of two circles – radical centre.
- The intersection of a line and a Circle.
- Conic sections –Parabola- equation of the parabola in standard form-different forms of a parabola- parametric equations.
- Equations of tangent and normal at a point on the parabola ( Cartesian and parametric) – conditions for a straight line to be a tangent.
- Equation of ellipse in standard form- Parametric equations.
- Equation of tangent and normal at a point on the ellipse (Cartesian and parametric)- condition for a straight line to be a tangent.
- Equation of hyperbola in standard form- Parametric equations.
- Equations of tangent and normal at a point on the hyperbola (Cartesian and parametric)- conditions for a straight line to be a tangent- Asymptotes.
- Integration as the inverse process of differentiation- Standard forms – properties of integrals.
- Method of substitution- integration of Algebraic, exponential, logarithmic, trigonometric and inverse trigonometric functions, Integration by parts.
- Integration- Partial fractions method.
- Reduction formulae.
- Definite Integral as the limit of a sum.
- Interpretation of Definite Integral as an area.
- The fundamental theorem of Integral Calculus.
- Reduction formulae.
- Application of Definite integral to areas.
- Formation of differential equation-Degree and order of an ordinary differential
- Solving a differential equation by
- a) Variables separable method.
- b) Homogeneous differential equation.
- c) Non – Homogeneous differential equation.
- d) Linear differential equations.
Vignan VSAT 2021 Physics Syllabus
- Transverse and longitudinal waves
- Displacement relation in a progressive wave
- The speed of a travelling wave
- The principle of superposition of waves
- Reflection of waves
- Doppler effect
RAY OPTICS AND OPTICAL INSTRUMENTS
- Reflection of Light by Spherical Mirrors
- Total Internal Reflection
- Refraction at Spherical Surfaces and by Lenses
- Refraction through a Prism
- Dispersion by a Prism
- Some Natural Phenomena due to Sunlight
- Huygens Principle
- Refraction and reflection of plane waves using Huygens Principle
- Coherent and Incoherent Addition of Waves
- Interference of Light Waves and Young’s Experiment
ELECTRIC CHARGES AND FIELDS
- Electric Charges
- Conductors and Insulators
- Charging by Induction
- Basic Properties of Electric Charge
- Coulomb’s Law
- Forces between Multiple Charges
- Electric Field
- Electric Field Lines
- Electric Flux
- Electric Dipole
- Dipole in a Uniform External Field
- Continuous Charge Distribution
- Gauss’s Law
- Application of Gauss’s Law
ELECTROSTATIC POTENTIAL AND CAPACITANCE
- Electrostatic Potential
- Potential due to a Point Charge
- Potential due to an Electric Dipole
- Potential due to a System of Charges
- Equipotential Surfaces
- Potential Energy of a System of Charges
- Potential Energy in an External Field
- Electrostatics of Conductors
- Dielectrics and Polarisation
- Capacitors and Capacitance
- The Parallel Plate Capacitor
- Effect of Dielectric on Capacitance
- Combination of Capacitors
- Energy Stored in a Capacitor
- Van de Graaff Generator
- Electric Current
- Electric Currents in Conductors
- Ohm’s law
- Drift of Electrons and the Origin of Resistivity
- Limitations of Ohm’s Law
- The resistivity of various materials
- Temperature Dependence of Resistivity
- Electrical Energy, Power
- Combination of Resistors – Series and Parallel
- Cells, emf, Internal Resistance
- Cells in Series and Parallel
- Kirchhoff’s Laws
- Wheatstone Bridge
- Meter Bridge
MOVING CHARGES AND MAGNETISM
- Magnetic Force
- Motion in a Magnetic Field
- Motion in Combined Electric and Magnetic Fields
- Magnetic Field due to a Current Element, Biot-Savart Law
- Magnetic Field on the Axis of a Circular Current Loop
- Ampere’s Circuital Law
- The Solenoid and the Toroid
- The force between Two Parallel Currents, the Ampere
- Torque on Current Loop, Magnetic Dipole
- The Moving Coil Galvanometer
MAGNETISM AND MATTER
- The Bar Magnet
- Magnetism and Gauss’s Law
- The Earth’s Magnetism
- Magnetisation and Magnetic Intensity
- Magnetic Properties of Materials
- Permanent Magnets and Electromagnets
- The Experiments of Faraday and Henry
- Magnetic Flux
- Faraday’s Law of Induction
- Lenz’s Law and Conservation of Energy
- Motional Electromotive Force
- Energy Consideration: A Quantitative Study
- Eddy Currents
- AC Generator
- AC Voltage Applied to a Resistor
- Representation of AC Current and Voltage by Rotating Vectors — Phasors
- AC Voltage Applied to an Inductor
- AC Voltage Applied to a Capacitor
- AC Voltage Applied to a Series LCR Circuit
- Power in AC Circuit: The Power Factor
- LC Oscillations
- Displacement Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Electromagnetic Spectrum
DUAL NATURE OF RADIATION AND MATTER
- Electron Emission
- Photoelectric Effect
- Experimental Study of Photoelectric Effect
- Photoelectric Effect and Wave Theory of Light
- Einstein’s Photoelectric Equation: Energy Quantum of Radiation
- Particle Nature of Light: The Photon
- Wave Nature of Matter
- Davisson and Germer Experiment
- Alpha-particle Scattering and Rutherford’s Nuclear Model of Atom
- Atomic Spectra
- Bohr Model of the Hydrogen Atom
- The Line Spectra of the Hydrogen Atom
- DE Broglie’s Explanation of Bohr’s Second Postulate of Quantisation
- Atomic Masses and Composition of Nucleus
- Size of the Nucleus
- Mass-Energy and Nuclear Binding Energy
- Nuclear Force
- Nuclear Energy
SEMICONDUCTOR ELECTRONICS: MATERIALS, DEVICES and SIMPLE CIRCUITS
- Classification of Metals, Conductors and Semiconductors
- Intrinsic Semiconductor
- Extrinsic Semiconductor
- p-n Junction
- Semiconductor diode
- Application of Junction Diode as a Rectifier
- Special Purpose p-n Junction Diodes
- Junction Transistor
- Digital Electronics and Logic Gates
- Integrated Circuits
- Elements of a Communication System
- Basic Terminology Used in Electronic Communication Systems
- Bandwidth of Signals
- Bandwidth of Transmission Medium
- Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves
- Modulation and its Necessity
- Amplitude Modulation
- Production of Amplitude Modulated Wave
- Detection of Amplitude Modulated Wave
Vignan VSAT 2021 Chemistry Syllabus
- Solid States
- Electrochemistry and Chemical Kinetic Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principle of Metallurgy
- p-block Elements
- Group 15 Elements
- Group 16 Elements
- Group 18 Elements
- d & f block Elements
- Coordination Compound
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Halo Alkanes
- Halo Arenes
- Organic Compound containing CHO
- Alcohol, Phenol & Ether
- Aldehydes & Ketones
- Carboxylic Acid
- Organic Compound containing N
- Diazonium Salts
- Cyanides & Isocynaides
Vignan VSAT 2021 Zoology Syllabus
Human Anatomy and Physiology-I
Digestion and Absorption:
- Alimentary canal and digestive glands
- Role of digestive enzymes and gastrointestinal hormones
- Peristalsis, digestion, absorption and assimilation of proteins, carbohydrates and fats
- egestion, Calorific value of proteins, carbohydrates and fats (for box item- not to be evaluated)
- Nutritional disorders: Protein Energy Malnutrition (PEM), indigestion, constipation, vomiting, jaundice, diarrhoea, Kwashiorkor.
- Breathing and Respiration- Respiratory organs in animals, Respiratory system in humans
- Mechanism of breathing and its regulation in humans – Exchange of gases, transport of gases and regulation of respiration Respiratory volumes
- Respiratory disorders – Asthma, Emphysema
- Occupational respiratory disorders – Asbestosis, Silicosis, Siderosis, Black Lung Disease in coal miners
Human Anatomy and Physiology-II
Body Fluids and Circulation:
- Covered in I year composition of lymph and functions.
- Clotting of blood.
- Human circulatory system – the structure of the human heart and blood vessels.
- Cardiac cycle, cardiac output, double circulation, regulation of cardiac activity.
- Disorders of the circulatory system- Hypertension, coronary artery disease, angina pectoris, heart failure.
- Excretory Products and their elimination Modes of excretion – Ammonotelism, Ureotelism, Uricotelism.
- Human excretory system – the structure of kidney and nephron
- Urine formation, osmoregulation
- Regulation of kidney function – Renin
- Angiotensin – Aldosterone system, Atrial Natriuretic Factor, ADH and diabetes insipidus
- Role of other organs in excretion Disorders- Uraemia, renal failure, renal calculi, nephritis, dialysis using an artificial kidney
Human Anatomy and Physiology-III
Muscular and Skeletal system:
- Skeletal muscle – ultrastructure
- Contractile proteins & muscle contraction
- Skeletal system and its functions
- Joints. (to be dealt with relevance to practical syllabus)
- Disorders of the muscular and skeletal system: myasthenia gravis, tetany, muscular dystrophy, arthritis, osteoporosis, gout, rigour Mortis.
Neural control and coordination:
- The nervous system in human beings – Central nervous system, Peripheral nervous system and Visceral nervous system
- Generation and conduction of nerve impulse
- Reflex action
- Sensory perception
- Sense organs
- Brief description of other receptors
- Elementary structure and functioning of eye and ear.
Human Anatomy and Physiology-IV
- Endocrine system and chemical coordination Endocrine glands and hormones; Human endocrine system – Hypothalamus, Pituitary, Pineal, Thyroid, Parathyroid, Adrenal, Pancreas, Gonads.
- Mechanism of hormone action (Elementary idea only)
- Role of hormones as messengers and regulators
- Hypo and Hyperactivity and related disorders: Common disorders – Dwarfism, acromegaly, cretinism, goitre, exophthalmic goitre, diabetes, Addison’s disease, Cushing’s syndrome. (Diseases & disorders to be dealt with in brief).
- Basic concepts of Immunology
- Types of Immunity – Innate Immunity, Acquired Immunity, Active and Passive Immunity, Cell-mediated Immunity and Humoral Immunity
- HIV and AIDS.
Human Reproductive System:
- Male and female reproductive systems
- Microscopic anatomy of testis & ovary
- Gametogenesis “Spermatogenesis & Oogenesis
- Menstrual cycle
- Fertilization, Embryo development up to blastocyst formation, Implantation
- Pregnancy, placenta formation, Parturition, Lactation (elementary idea).
- Need for reproductive health and prevention of sexually transmitted diseases (STD)
- Birth control – Need and methods, contraception and medical termination of pregnancy (MTP)
- Infertility and assisted reproductive technologies – IVF-ET, ZIFT, GIFT (Elementary idea for general awareness).
Heredity and Variation:
Mendel’s laws of inheritance regarding Drosophila. (Drosophila melanogaster Grey, Black body colour, Long, Vestigial wings), Pleiotropy.
- Inheritance of blood groups and Rh-factor
- Codominance (Blood groups as an example)
- Elementary idea of polygenic inheritance
- Skin colour in humans (refer Sinnott, Dunn and Dobzhansky)
- Sex determination – in humans, birds, Fumea moth, genic balance theory of sex determination in Drosophila melanogaster and honey bees
- Sex-linked inheritance – Haemophilia, Colour blindness
Mendelian disorders in Humans:
- Thalassemia, Haemophilia, Sickle cell anaemia, cystic fibrosis PKU, Alkaptonuria
- Chromosomal disorders – Down’s syndrome, Turner’s syndrome and Klinefelter syndrome
- Genome, Human Genome Project and DNA Fingerprinting.
- Origin of Life, Biological evolution and Evidence for biological evolution (palaeontological, comparative anatomical, embryological and molecular evidence)
- Theories of evolution- Lamarckism (in brief), Darwin’s theory of Evolution – Natural Selection with example (Kettlewell’s experiments on Biston betularia), Mutation Theory of Hugo De Vries
- Modern synthetic theory of Evolution – Hardy-Weinberg law
- Types of Natural Selection
- Gene flow and genetic drift
- Variations (mutations and genetic recombination)
- Adaptive radiation – viz., Darwin’s finches and adaptive radiation in marsupials
- Human evolution
- Speciation – Allopatric, sympatric; Reproductive isolation.
- Animal Husbandry: Pisciculture, Poultry management, Dairy management
- Animal breeding
- Bio-medical Technology: Diagnostic Imaging (X-ray, CT scan, MRI), ECG, EEG
- Application of Biotechnology in health: Human insulin and vaccine production
- Gene Therapy
- Transgenic animals
- Vaccines, MABs, Cancer biology, stem cells.
Vignan VSAT 2021 Botany Syllabus
Transport in Plants:
Means of Transport- Diffusion, Facilitated Diffusion, Passive symports and antiports, Active Transport, Comparison of Different Transport Processes.
Plant-Water Relations- Water Potential, Osmosis, Plasmolysis, Imbibition.
Long Distance Transport of Water- Water Movement up a Plant, Root Pressure, Transpiration pull.
Transpiration- Opening and Closing of Stomata, Transpiration and Photosynthesis, Uptake and Transport of Mineral Nutrients Uptake of Mineral Ions, Translocation of Mineral Ions, Phloem Transport.
Methods to Study the Mineral Requirements of Plants.
Essential Mineral Elements-Criteria for Essentiality, Macronutrients, Micronutrients, Role of Macro- and Micronutrients, Deficiency Symptoms of Essential Elements, Toxicity of Micronutrients.
Mechanism of Absorption of Elements, Translocation of Solutes, Soil as Reservoir of Essential Elements, Metabolism of Nitrogen-Nitrogen Cycle, Biological Nitrogen Fixation, Symbiotic nitrogen fixation, Nodule Formation.
Chemical Reactions, Enzymatic Conversions, Nature of Enzyme Action, Factors Affecting Enzyme Activity, Temperature and pH, Concentration of Substrate, Classification and Nomenclature of Enzymes, Co-factors.
Photosynthesis in Higher Plants:
Early Experiments, Site of Photosynthesis, Pigments Involved in Photosynthesis, Light Reaction, The Electron TransportSplitting of Water, Cyclic and Non- cyclic Photo-phosphorylation, Chemiosmotic Hypothesis.
Biosynthetic phase- The Primary Acceptor of CO2, The Calvin Cycle, The C4 Pathway, Photorespiration, Factors affecting Photosynthesis.
Respiration of Plants:
Cellular respiration, Glycolysis, Fermentation.
Aerobic Respiration- Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle, Electron Transport System (ETS) and Oxidative Phosphorylation, The Respiratory Balance Sheet.
Plant Growth and Development:
Growth- Plant Growth, Phases of Growth, Growth Rates, Conditions for Growth.
Differentiation, Dedifferentiation and Redifferentiation, Development.
Plant Growth Regulators- Physiological Effects of Plant Growth Regulators, Auxins, Gibberellins, Cytokinins, Ethylene, Abscisic acid, Seed Dormancy, Photoperiodism, Vernalisation.
Morphology of Bacteria, Bacterial cell structure- Nutrition.
Reproduction- Sexual Reproduction, Conjugation, Transformation, Transduction.
The importance of Bacteria to Humans.
Discovery, Classification of Viruses, the structure of Viruses.
Multiplication of Bacteriophages- The Lysogenic Cycle, Viral diseases in Plants, Viral diseases in Humans.
Principles of Inheritance and Variation:
Mendel’s Experiments, Inheritance of one gene (Monohybrid Cross)-Back cross and Test cross, Law of Dominance, Law of Segregation or Law of purity of gametes, Deviations from Mendelian
Concept of dominance- Incomplete Dominance, Codominance, Explanation of the concept of dominance.
Inheritance of two genes Law of Independent Assortment.
Chromosomal Theory of Inheritance, Linkage and Recombination.
Mutations- Significance of mutations.
Molecular Basis of Inheritance:
The DNA- Structure of Polynucleotide Chain, Packaging of DNA Helix.
The Search for Genetic Material, Transforming Principle, Biochemical Characterisation of Transforming Principle.
The Genetic Material is DNA, Properties of Genetic Material (DNA versus RNA), RNA World, Replication-The Experimental Proof, The Machinery and the Enzymes.
Transcription-Transcription Unit, Transcription Unit and the Gene, Types of RNA and the process of Transcription, Genetic Code, Mutations and Genetic Code, tRNA– the Adapter Molecule, Translation, Regulation of Gene Expression-The Lac operon.
Principles and processes of Biotechnology:
Principles of Biotechnology-Construction of the first artificial recombinant DNA molecule.
Tools of Recombinant DNA Technology-Restriction Enzymes, Cloning Vectors, Competent Host (For Transformation with Recombinant DNA).
Processes of Recombinant DNA Technology- Isolation of the Genetic Material (DNA), Cutting of DNA at Specific Locations, Separation and isolation of DNA fragments, Insertion of the isolated gene into a suitable vector.
Amplification of Gene of Interest using PCR, Insertion of Recombinant DNA into the Host, Cell/Organism, Selection of Transformed host cells, Obtaining the Foreign Gene Product, Downstream Processing
Biotechnology and its Applications:
Biotechnological Applications In Agriculture-Bt Cotton, Pest Resistant Plants, Other applications of Biotechnology Insulin, Gene therapy, Molecular Diagnosis, ELISA, DNA fingerprinting, Transgenic plants, Biosafety and Ethical issues- Biopiracy Plants, Microbes and Human welfare.
Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production:
Plant Breeding- What is Plant Breeding?, Wheat and Rice, Sugarcane, Millets, Plant Breeding for Disease Resistance, Methods of breeding for disease resistance, Mutation, Plant Breeding for Developing Resistance to Insect Pests, Plant Breeding for Improved Food Quality.
Single Cell Protein (SCP), Tissue Culture.
Microbes in Human Welfare:
Microbes in Household Products, Microbes in Industrial Products Fermented Beverages, Antibiotics, Chemicals, Enzymes and other Bioactive Molecules, Microbes in Sewage Treatment, Primary treatment, Secondary treatment or Biological treatment, Microbes in Production of Biogas.
Microbes as Biocontrol Agents, Biological control of pests and diseases, Microbes as Bio fertilisers, Challenges posed by Microbes.
Vignan VSAT 2021 English Aptitude Test Syllabus
- Reading & Comprehension Skills
- Verbal & Deductive Reasoning
- Writing Skills
- Grammar & Vocabulary
- Speed, Time & Distance
- Allegation of Mixture
- Decimal Fractions, etc.
Vignan VSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||CBT (Online Mode)|
|Date of Exam||24th May 2021 to 30th May 2021.3 slots every day during the exam dates as:Slot – 1: 8:00 AM to 10:30 AMSlot – 2: 11:00 AM to 1:30 PMSlot – 3: 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM|
|Language of Exam||English|
|Types of Question||Multiple Choice Type|
|Marking Scheme||+1 mark for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||NO negative marking|
|Total Questions||120 Questions|
|Total Marks||120 Marks|
|Exam Duration||150 minutes|
|1||Mathematics or Biology||30||30|
FAQs on Vignan VSAT 2021 Syllabus
Ans: The syllabus is designed the same as the AP state board syllabus.
Ans: Yes you can. And this is enough for preparation.
Ans: Yes, the CBSE syllabus is enough.
Ans: No, there is not any difference in both of the state board syllabus.
Ans: You can prepare from your state board syllabus.
Read the above article to get details about Vignan VSAT 2021 syllabus.
Source of Vignan VSAT Syllabus 2021: https://vignan.ac.in/ug.php >> On this page, in how to apply navigation, click on the “apply through DD”, then you will find the pdf links.