UCEED 2022 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, has extended the last date to submit the UCEED 2022 application form with a late fee of Rs. 500 till November 18, 2021. Candidates can fill the UCEED 2022 application form online at uceed.iitb.ac.in. The class 12th passed / appearing candidates in any stream (art, science, and commerce) can apply for UCEED 2022. The Part A of the paper will be CBT, whereas, in Part B will have just 1 question in which drawing skills and subjective evaluation shall be done.
It is a national level entrance exam which will held for admission in Bachelor of Design (B.Des) course. Based on the performance in the exam, admission is granted in around 179 seats, by IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIITDM Jabalpur. However, various other colleges and universities also use the UCEED scores. Know more such facts about UCEED 2022 exam date, registration, syllabus, eligibility, etc. from this page.
Latest News on UCEED 2022
17 November 2021 – IIT Bombay Extends UCEED 2022, CEED 2022 Registration Deadline, Check New Last Date. Read More.
11 November 2021 – UCEED 2022 Application Form Last Date is Today, Late Fee Registration Shall Continue Till 16th. Read More.
UCEED 2022 Dates
Applicants can check the tentative schedule of the UCEED Examination below.
|Online registration starts on||9 Sep 2021|
|Last date to submit the form with regular fee||11 Nov 2021|
|Last date to submit the form with late fee of Rs. 500|
18 Nov 2021
|Admit card downloading starts from||08 Jan 2022 onwards|
|Last date to rectify errors in the admit card||14 Jan 2022 (05:00 pm)|
|UCEED 2022 exam dates||23 Jan 2022 09:00 am to 12:00 noon|
|Answer key will release on||25 Jan 2022|
|Last date for uploading comments on the draft answer key||27 Jan 2022 (05:00 pm)|
|Final answer key will release on||31 Jan 2022|
|Announcement of cut-off marks for Part-A||10 Feb 2022|
|Declaration of result||10 Mar 2022|
|Score card downloading starts at||14 Mar 2022|
|Last date to download the score card||14 Jun 2022|
|Submission of Online Application for BDes Programme||14 to 31 Mar 2022|
|Seat allotment round 1||10 Apr 2022|
|Seat allotment round 2||10 May 2022|
|Seat allotment round 3||10 Jun 2022|
Here is an overview of UCEED 2022 exam:
|Full Form||Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Conducting Body||IIT Bombay|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based (Part B is Offline)|
|No. of Questions||Part A – 240 |
Part B – 01
|Type of Questions||Part A – NAT, MSQ, and MCQs|
Part B – Drawing Question
|Total Duration||Part A – 2 Hour 30 Minutes|
Part B – 30 Minutes
|Competition||Around 10000-15000 Students Apply|
|Participating Institutes||IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIITDM Jabalpur.|
|UCEED Result Sharing Institute||WUD Sonepat | UPES | JKLU Jaipur | LPU University | NIRMA | |
VID Maharashtra | MIT-WPU Pune | SIDesigns Gandhinagar |
Symbiosis Nagpur | ANU Ahmedabad | CEPT | CIT Kokrajhar|
VIT Vellore | DTU | Jain Bangalore | UPID Noida |
Srishti Manipal Bengaluru | D Y Patil University
UCEED 2022 Application Form
The application form for UCEED are only released online, at uceed.iitb.ac.in. During the form filling, candidates have to register and create a login. Then by accessing that login, candidates can fill the form, upload image, and pay fee.
The steps to fill and submit UCEED 2022 application form are as follows:
- Firstly, visit the official website of UCEED – uceed.iitb.ac.in
- Then, click on the application link.
- Register by providing the required details such as name, date of birth, mobile number, e-mail id etc.
- Once the registration is completed, the applicant will receive a user id and password for future logins.
- Then fill in personal and education details correctly.
- Upload the scanned image of the photograph and signature.
- Make the payment of the application fee.
- Submit the form and download the application form for future purpose.
Registration Fees of UCEED 2022
The registration fee for UCEED exam was as follows:
- It is expected to remain the same this year.
|Category||Fee for Centers in India||Fee for Centers in Outside India|
|Females||Rs. 1750||USD $350|
|SC, ST, PwD||Rs. 1750||USD $350|
|Other Category||Rs. 3500||USD $350|
|Candidates from SAARC countries||USD $350||USD $350|
|Candidates from rest of the countries||USD $450||USD $450|
Mode for payment: Candidates can pay the fee via net banking, debit card, credit card, etc.
UCEED 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria of UCEED plays a very important role in the admission process If a candidate qualifies all the criteria only then they should apply. The UCEED 2022 eligibility criteria comprise various parameters such as age, nationality, education qualification etc. Therefore the criteria for the examination are as follows-
- National and foreign national, both can apply.
- The PIO / OCI are categorized whose parents are not citizens of India fall under foreign category.
For foreign national, there are supernumerary seats with a cap of 10%. The availability of these shall be announced later on.
- The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1997, if belonging to the OPEN/EWS/OBC-NCL category and on or after October 1, 1992 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
- OPEN / EWS / OBC-NCL category candidates must have been born after October 01, 1997.
- SC, ST, PwD category candidates must have been born after October 01, 1992.
Number of Attempts
- One candidates can only take UCEED 2 times.
- The exam has to be taken in consecutive years.
- Candidates must have passed class 12th or equivalent in 2021.
- Students appearing for the qualifying exam 2022 are also eligible for admission.
- Applicants from all streams (Science, Arts, and Commerce) are eligible.
- Candidates who have appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination (Class XII) in 2020, are not eligible.
Note: If candidates are unable to submit valid EWS certificate and OBC-NCL certificate issued after April 01, 2021, they may submit the signed self-declaration and complete your registration for UCEED-2022.
UCEED 2022 Exam Pattern
Students who are appearing for the exam must be aware of the exam pattern. So, the UCEED 2022 exam pattern is as follows:
- First of all, candidates need to know that UCEED is divided in to Part A and Part B.
- The total duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- The exam is of 300 marks.
- The question paper is only available in the English language.
It is compulsory to attempt Part A and Part B.
Details of UCEED 2022 Part A
The details of UCEED Part A is as follows
|UCEED 2022 Section A||Details|
|Total time||2 hour 30 min|
|Total marks||240 marks|
|Mode of Part A||Computer based test.|
|Total section||3: Section 1, Section 2, Section 3|
|Type of Questions||NAT, MSQ, MCQ|
UCEED 2022 Part A – Section 1: In this section, all the questions are NAT (Numerical Answer Type).
UCEED 2022 Part A – Section 2: In this section, all the question are of MSQ (Multiple Select Questions) type. Each MSQ has one or more correct answer(s) out of the four given choices.
UCEED 2022 Part A – Section 3: Here, all the questions are of MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) type. Each MCQ has four choices out of which only one is the correct answer.
The number of questions and marking scheme in all the 3 sections is as follows:
|Part A Sections||Total Qs.||Marks Per Qs.||Negative Marks Per Qs.|
|Section 1||18 NAT Question||4 marks||None|
|Section 2||18 MSQs Questions||4 Marks||0.19 Marks|
|Section 3||32 MCQs Questions||3 Marks||0.71 Marks|
Details of UCEED 2022 Part B
The part B is a subjective section. It is of total 60 marks and the maximum time duration of the exam is 30 minutes. In this section, candidates only need to attempt 1 question. This question is to be attempted in answer booklet.
- In this question candidate’s drawing skills are evaluated.
- The question shall be displayed on the computer screen but the answer is to be drawn in the answer book.
- Scribe for Part-B exam is not permitted. The answer booklets will be collected at the end of the exam.
- Attempting this section is mandatory.
UCEED 2022 Syllabus
Applicants who are appearing for the exam must be aware of the syllabus. UCEED 2022 is divided into two parts- A, and B. Based on the syllabus, the paper will have the questions in the exam. So, here the candidates can check UCEED 2022 Syllabus below.
UCEED 2022 Part A Syllabus is as follows:
- Visual and Spatial Ability.
- Observation and design sensitivity.
- Environmental and Social Awareness
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning.
- Language and creativity.
- Design thinking and problem solving.
UCEED 2022 Part B Syllabus is as follows:
- Drawing: Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective and shading.
UCCED 2022 Previous Year Question Paper
IIT Bombay provides UCEED past year question paper and answer key. Candidates can use these for preparation purpose. The links for these is as follows:
|Year||UCEED Past Year QP|
UCEED 2022 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully submitted the application form can download the admit card. The UCEED 2022 admit card is released at uceed.iitb.ac.in. To download the admit card, candidates have to provide their e-mail id and password.
The hall ticket carries the details of the exam and the applicant like exam time, center address, instructions, etc. Applicants should carefully examine all the entries on the admit card. In case there is any discrepancy, then contact the UCEED 2022 Office at IIT Bombay before the exam date. If in case, the admit card is not available, then immediately contact the office.
- Candidates can contact the authority at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UCEED 2022 Exam Centres
Last time, UCEED was held in 24 cities in India. These were:
- Candidates can select the exam cities during application process. Each candidate can select 3 cities. Candidates can only submit their choice for the center via UCEED 2022 login.
UCEED Exam 2022 Evaluation Process
The Part-A of the exam is computer-based, hence there is no requirement of evaluation. Whereas, Part-B of the question paper carries only one question. This will be manually evaluated by the examiners. There is no process of revaluation for UCEED.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on marks scored in Part-A.
- The candidates belonging to the reserved categories shall have to fulfil a relaxed cut-off mark.
- Part-B paper of those candidates who do not get shortlisted, shall not be evaluated further.
- All the shortlisted candidates will get a rank.
- The evaluation of Part-B is done manually.
UCEED Question Paper and Answer Key
Soon after the evaluation process, the solution key and question paper is released. Candidates can get the question paper and UCEED 2022 answer key from its official website. If an applicant is willing to raise objections must send the answer to the following mail address- email@example.com within 3 days. The responses of the candidates for Part-A of UCEED 2022 will be available for download after the declaration of the result. The final decision regarding the answer key will be released by the UCI Committee after receiving the objections of the answer key.
UCEED Result 2022
The result will release soon after the release of the answer key. Candidates can check the answer key by visiting the official website. They can download the scorecard. The shortlisted applicants will receive a common merit rank. The UCEED 2022 Result determines the qualifying status of the candidates.
UCEED Rank List
The rank list will be prepared based on the total marks (Part-A marks and Part-B marks combined) in UCEED 2022. However, if two or more candidates secure the same marks, then tie-breaking criteria are used. Hence, the factors based on which the tie-breaking method is applied is as follows-
- Higher marks are assigned to the candidate who has obtained more marks in Part-B.
- If the tie still remains, then a higher rank is assigned to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Part-A’s (Section 2).
- If the tie still remains the same, then a higher rank is assigned to the applicants who have obtained more marks in Part-A (Section-I).
- Lastly, if the tie remains the same, then the candidates or assigned the same marks.
UCEED 2022 B.Des Admission
After the exam is over, admission process for B. Des admission in the participating institute starts. In this, only those candidates can participate who fulling the following eligibility criteria:
- Fulfil the above given age criteria.
- Have qualified UCEED 2022.
- Candidates must have passed in all the subjects in class 12th.
- Candidates from science stream must have studied maths, physics, and chemistry.
Note: Arts and commerce stream candidates are only eligible for admission in IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur.
B.Des. Admission Process: To get the admission, eligible candidates have to fill the admission form. A common form is released for admission and the entire process is called as joint seat allocation. The admission form is released at IIT Bombay Admissions Portal and shall also be available on the official website of UCEED 2022.
Seats in UCEED 2022
The actual number of is announced with the brochure. However, the expected number of seats for UCEED 2022 is as follows:
|Institutes||Total Seats||Seats for |
UCEED 2022 Reservation Criteria
There is reservation of seats under UCEED for Indian nationals who belong to following category:
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
UCEED 2022 – FAQs
Ans- Students from any academic stream (science, arts & humanities, commerce etc.) in their XII standard (or equivalent), are eligible to apply for UCEED.
Ans- The application form takes place online. The registration starts from September 9, 2022.
Ans- Candidates can opt for three examination centres. Once the application form is submitted, candidates cannot change their centres.
The exam pattern of the CEED Exam 2022 are as follows-
The exam time duration is 3 Hours.
The question paper will be available in the English language.
The total number of marks is 300 marks.
The question paper will consist of two parts: Part-A and Part-B. It is compulsory to attempt questions from both parts.
Ans- If you do not have a birth certificate you can upload a copy of your passport or copy of your Aadhaar Card or a copy of X class mark sheet/school leaving certificate showing your date of birth.
Ans- No, UCEED does not provide any facility for the revaluation. However, the authorities offer raising objections if they are not satisfied with the answers.