UCEED 2021 Syllabus
The Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination i.e UCEED 2021 tests the creativity, communication and observation skills of the students. The syllabus for the same is exhaustive in nature, candidates need to have a wide eyed perspective for attempting the UCEED 2021 examination. Download UCEED 2021 syllabus from down below.
The conducting body i.e IIT, Bombay has prescribed the following important topics for UCEED 2021 syllabus.
Recommended: Admit card of UCEED 2021
UCEED 2021 Part A Syllabus
- Visualization and spatial ability: The question paper consists of the pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
- Observation and design sensitivity: The tests also analyses the ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
- Environmental and social awareness: Candidates should have a general awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
- Analytical and logical reasoning: They should have an ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
- Language and creativity: Candidates should understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and to think out of the box.
- Design thinking and problem solving: Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify problems, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.
Also read: UCEED 2021 answer key
UCEED 2021 Part B Syllabus
- Drawing: Candidates should have the ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective and shading.
Important: UCEED 2021 results
UCEED 2021 Exam Pattern
The question paper for UCEED 2021 is divided into 2 parts. While the Part A is held in the computer based mode, the Part B is held in the pen and paper based mode only. The exam pattern for UCEED 2021 is as follows.
For Part A:
Mode of Exam: It is held in the computer base mode.
Duration: The duration of same is 2 hours and 30 minutes
Number of Questions: There are 240 questions.
Types of Questions The question paper consists of the MCQ type questions of the following types.
- Numerical Answer Type
- Multiple Select Question
- Multiple Choice Question
Distribution of Questions: THe following distribution and marking scheme is set for UCEED 2021.
|Type of Question||For correct answer||For incorrect answer|
|Numerical Answer Type||4 marks||None|
|Multiple Select Question||4 marks||0.19 mark|
|Multiple Choice Question||3 marks||0.71 mark|
Must Read: UCEED 2021 Preparation
For Part B
Mode of Test: It is held in pen and paper mode.
Type of Questions: There is one question for drawing
Marks per question: It of 60 marks
Duration: The exam is held for 30 minutes
How to prepare for UCEED 2021 exam?
As per experts and toppers opinion, candidates should work on their imagination and creativity. They should keep an eye on detailing and have a knack to see each and every object around them with creativity. Shown below are more tips on how to prepare for UCEED 2020 examination.
- Practice a lot of UCEED previous year question papers.
- Candidates must sketch 3-D artworks and have a good hand on them.
- The UCEED question paper also has a lot of general knowledge questions. Hence, the applicants should read newspaper daily.
- They should practice from the sample questions mentioned in previous papers. There is 50% chance that they are asked in an indirect ay.
- Draw natural objects,i.e flowers, tree, scenery etc with 3-D [perspective/
- See everything around oneself with an sketcher / architect’s eye view.
Relevant for your: UCEED 2021 question paper
Important Books for UCEED 2021 Exam
The candidates can read and prepare from the following set of books for UCEED 2021 examination.
|Name of Book||Purchase Link|
|Cracking CEED & UCEED||Buy Here|
|UCEED mock test series||Buy Here|
|UCEED B.Des entrance test||Buy Here|
|NIFT , NID & UCEED UG||Buy Here|
UCEED 2021 Participating Institutes
Candidates are allotted seats into the following IIT’s. However, there are more result sharing institutes.
- IIT Bombay,
- IIT Guwahati,
- IIT Hyderabad,
- IIITDM Jabalpur
About UCEED 2021
UCEED 2021 exam is held in the computer based mode by IIT. Bombay. The question paper is made up of 2 parts one is the online test and other is a drawing test. The qualified candidates have to appear in the UCEED seat allotment round to get admission into the 4 IIT’s. The admission is subject to merit in the UCEED exam, category and further tests conducted by the universities.