|UCEED 2021||Question Paper 2021||Answer Key|
|Preparation||Admit Card||Previous Year Qs Papers|
UCEED 2021 Result – IIT Bombay has declared the UCEED result. Candidates who have appeared in the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED 2021) can check their results at uceed.in. To check the UCEED result, click the direct link below. Then login with email id and password. Then download the scorecard. Admission to B.Des program in IITs and result sharing institutes will be on the basis of this result. Know UCEED results date, time, link, how to download score card, cut off, and other details here.
UCEED 2021 Result
Direct link to check result – Click here to check UCEED 2021 result.
Result has been announced on the basis of UCEED 2021 final answer key.
Revised Date of UCEED 2021 Seat Allotment
The dates of seat allotment has been revised and it is as follows:
- Round 1 – April 10, 2021
- Round 2 – May 10, 2021
- Round 3 – June 10, 2021
- Supplementary Round 1 – July 30, 2021
- Supplementary Round 2 (Final Round) – August 18, 2021
UCEED 2021 Seat Matrix
The seat matrix of B.Des course is as follows:
How to Check UCEED 2021 Result?
The result of UCEED 2021 is only announced online, on the official login. The candidates can check it by following the process below:
1st step: Click on the link available on this page.
2nd step: The link leads to a new portal, which looks as shown below.
3rd step: To access the login, the candidates need to enter following details as received at the time of registration:
- E-mail id
4th step: Once all the details have been entered, the candidates need to click on blue ‘login’ button.
5th step: Following this, the result of UCEED 2021 is displayed on the screen.
- After checking the result, the candidates should download it and keep a copy of it for future reference.
Details Given on UCEED 2021 Scorecard
UCEED 2021 Scorecard contains the following details:
- Marks in section 1 of Part A
- Part A Section 2 marks
- Part A Section 3 marks
- Category-wise rank.
- Part A total score
- Part B total score
- Total score
UCEED Result 2021 Date and Time
IIT Bombay, the exam conducting body of Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design, has announced the result as per the schedule below:
|UCEED 2021 exam||17 Jan 2021|
|Issuance of answer key and response sheet||21 Jan 2021|
|Final answer key was released on||31 Jan 2021|
|Declaration of UCEED 2021 result||10 Mar 2021|
Calculation of Score and Rank
To know how IIT Bombay prepare and compiles the UCEED result follow the content below:
Evaluation of marks: The score of the examination is calculated on the basis of the marking scheme. Marks in part A are used for shortlisting candidates. To do so, a cut off is determined for this section.
The cut off for Part A is decided on the basis of the formula below:
UCEED 2021 Part A Cut Off = X + yΣ
- X is the average marks obtained by all the candidates in Part A.
- Σ is the standard deviation.
- y is total number of seats.
Based on the cutoff score decided for Part A, the candidates are shortlisted.
Evaluation of Part B scores: Now, shortlisted candidates are evaluated based on Part B of the examination. The evaluation of Part-B will be done manually by at least two evaluators separately and independently
- If the difference <= 12 marks (20%), a simple average of the two examiners will be considered.
- If the difference > 12 marks (20%), the answer sheet of Part-B will be evaluated by a third examiner (and so on until the difference <= 20%).
- A simple average of the closest of 2 evaluators will be selected as the final marks.
Total score and rank: Total UCEED score is calculated by adding the marks obtained in Part-A and Part-B. This total score is used to prepare the final result/rank. All candidates who get rank, are UCEED 2021 qualified.
UCEED 2021 Tie Breaking
At times it happens that while determining rank for UCEED, two or more candidates get the same total marks. In such cases, the tie is broken by following the below given steps:
- Candidates who gets higher marks in part B, gets higher rank.
- If the tie is not broken then candidates with higher marks in section 2 of Part A is allocated higher rank.
- Tie still prevails, then candidates with higher marks in Part A section 1, is allocated better rank.
- However, if none of the method above works then the same rank is allocated to both the candidates.
UCEED 2021 Rank List
The overall rank is the position of the candidates among all the test takers. Whereas, the category wise rank is the position of the candidates within the category. There is only one rank list in UCEED 2021. However, in the scorecard, candidates can check their:
- Overall rank.
- Category wise rank.
The rank of candidates is determined on the basis of score secured by the candidates in Part A and B. Only those candidates are included in the rank list, who clear cut off for the exam.
UCEED 2021 Cutoff
IIT Bombay shall release the UCEED 2021 cutoff after the result declaration. Till then, you can check the cutoff marks from last year to get an idea:
|Category||Part A / Section 1||Part A / Section 2||Part A / Section 3||Part A Total Cutoff||Part B Total Cutoff||Minimum total marks|
Re-evaluation and Re-totaling of UCEED 2021 Result
There is no provision for re-totaling for UCEED 2021 result. Part A of the exam is evaluated by machine, hence, there is no scope for error. On the other hand, Part B is evaluated manually, yet there is no provision for scope for re-totaling or rechecking.
UCEED 2021 Reservation
The reservation criteria for UCEED 2021 is as follows:
Admission On Basis of UCEED Results
The selection of the candidates who took the exam is based on their performance in Part A of the exam.
Here is the process:
- IIT B decides the cutoff marks for Part A of UCEED exam.
- Students who pass Part A as per the cutoff marks, are shortlisted for evaluation of Part B of their answer sheet.
- Based on marks of the candidates in part A and part B, a final UCEED score is prepared.
- All shortlisted candidates shall get rank, and based on the ranks allotment of seat is done. All shortlisted candidates are considered as qualified candidates in UCEED 2021.
The candidates who get rank in UCEED 2021, have to appear for Joint Seat Allocation Process for filling B.Des seats. The candidates have to apply for it and on the basis of their score eligibility admission is granted. The details about the B.Des admission process are as follows:
Eligibility for B.Des Admission Based on UCEED 2021 Result
Criterion 1 – Age limit: The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1996 if belonging to the OPEN / EWS / OBC-NCL category and, on or after October 1, 1991 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
Criterion 2 – UCEED qualification: The candidate should have qualified, i.e., obtained a rank, in UCEED 2021.
Criterion 3 – Qualifying examination: The candidate should have passed in all subjects in the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2020 or 2021. Those who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination in 2019 or earlier are NOT eligible.
- Candidates from the Science Stream with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as subjects are eligible to apply to all the four institutes.
- Candidates from any other stream (Science without Maths or Physics or Chemistry, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible to apply to IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur.
Candidates who appeared for 10+2 exams in 2021 must ensure that their final exam are completed before admission and they must possess proof of passing the exam by September 30, 2021.
Application Process for B.Des Admission via UCEED 2021 Result
To participate in Joint Seat Allocation process, the candidates need to fill the admission application form. There is a common application form for all the 4 IITs. It is released by IIT Bombay, which also carry out the Joint admission process.
- IIT Bombay releases the form at the IIT Bombay seat allocation portal.
- In the application form, candidates can submit their choices for institute and course in which they want to take admission.
- Candidates have to pay fee for the form.
B.Des admission application form fee:
- The amount of application fee is Rs. 2000 for all category and gender.
Candidates have to submit following documents with the admission form for B.Des:
- Scanned copies of photo.
- Scanned copy of signature.
- UCEED score card.
- Qualifying exam mark sheet.
- OBC-NCL / SC / ST / PwD / EWS Certificate (if applicable).
- OCI / PIO Card.
Seat Allotment For B.Des Courses
The allocation for seats is done on the basis of following:
- UCEED rank
- Preference or the institute.
The candidates who are selected as per the details submitted in the application form. The candidates who are selected get a provisional allotment letter. It is sent directly at the registered e-mail id of the candidate.
In the e-mail a link for online payment system is also given. Candidates have to pay:
- Rs. 60,000 as seat acceptance fee – for GEN / EWS / OBC-NCL.
- Rs. 15,000 as seat acceptance fee – for SC / ST / PwD.
Candidates have to pay fee amount before the lapse of the deadline or the allotment stands cancelled. To accept the seat, candidates have to choose ‘freeze’ option.
Candidates can also opt for ‘float’ option. In this case, it means that the candidate has accepted the option to be considered for upward movement. This option means that if the candidates will get their first priority as option then they take that seat, else they will accept admission in this seat only.
Withdrawal – If the candidate has paid the seat acceptance fee amount and wants to withdraw from the admission process, then refund is given. However, seat cancellation charges of Rs. 3000 are applicable. Also, refund is only possible after 1st and 2nd round. After end of the last round, no refund is done.
B.Des Seats Available in IITs
In total 179 seats are available in B.Des courses, in all the 4 Indian Institute of Technology (IITs), as per last year. Check the table below:
|Name of the IIT||Open||EWS||OBC-NCL||SC||ST||Total|
- PwD reservations @ 5% will be horizontal. PwD candidates will consume seats from their birth category quota.
UCEED 2021 Participating Institutes
The following institute consider score of UCEED 2021 for granting admission:
IITs which consider score of UCEED 2021 for admission
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur
UCEED 2021 Result Sharing Institutes
- World University of Design, Sonepat, Haryana
- UPES School of Design, Dehradun
- JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur
- Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab
- Department of Design, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Vishwaniketan Institute of Design, Khalapur, Maharashtra
- MIT-WPU School of Design, Pune
- Swarrnim Institute of Designs, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Symbiosis School of Planning Architecture and Design, Nagpur
- Anant National University, Ahmedabad
- CEPT University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Central Institute of Technology, Kokrajhar
- VIT School of Design (V-SIGN), VIT, Vellore
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi (formerly Delhi College of Engineering)
- Jain (Deemed-to-be-University), Bangalore
Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) is a national level entrance examination conducted for admission into the B.Des course. The UCEED exam was first conducted in the year 2015 to fill the B.Design seats at IIT Bombay. Since then the UCEED Committee of IIT Bombay conducts the UCEED exam every year and carries out the application process, question paper preparation, result declaration and publishes an all India rank list.
Over the years other institutes have become the participating institutes of UCEED exam. The newest addition to the UCEED participating institutes is IIT Hyderabad. There are other institutes who also participate in the UCEED Rank sharing process and accept the UCEED score as eligibility for filling B.Design seats at their respective institutes.
UCEED 2021 Result FAQs
The UCEED result is prepared on the basis of the marking scheme. It comes in the form of a Rank card. Candidates are allotted a rank as per the total marks obtained by them.
The minimum qualifying cut off releases after the declaration of the result. If you have secured the minimum qualifying marks then you have passed the UCEED 2021 exam.
It refers to your Rank among all the students who have qualified the UCEED 2021. It is not used in admissions, it is just mentioned to give you an idea about where you stand. Only the Category Ranks are used for Seat Allotment.
UCEED 2021 score is valid only for admission to the programmes in the academic year 2021 – 2022.
You have to apply for the Joint Counselling conducted by the participating IITs if you want to get admission into IITs. To apply at the Result Sharing universities/ colleges, you have to apply for the counselling/ admission process separately on their official website.
The score of UCEED 2021 is accepted by the four Participating Institutes – IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur. Other well known institutes also accept UCEED 2021 score for admission. These colleges do not participate in the Joint Counselling held by only the participating institutes. Candidates have to apply for admission/ counselling separately to each of them.
Official website: uceed.iitb.ac.in