TS POLYCET 2022: The State Board of Technical Education and Training (SBTET) conducts the Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (TS POLYCET) every year. It is held for admission to Polytechnic Diploma courses in various fields. It is a state level polytechnic diploma entrance test. Admission through TS POLYCET 2022 is given into Diploma courses in Engineering, Non-Engineering, Agricultural, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries courses, and 6 year Integrated B.Tech courses. The exam is held in the offline mode (OMR based test). Based on the rank obtained in the exam, the admission will be carried out. Check more details about TS POLYCET 2022 from this page such as eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus etc.
TS POLYCET 2022
Latest – The details for TS POLYCET 2022 will be made available soon at polycetts.nic.in.
Overview of TS POLYCET 2022
Here is an Overview for TS POLYCET 2022. Candidates can refer to this for Important Information about the Exam.
|Name of the Exam||TS POLYCET 2022|
|Full-Form of Exam||Telangana Polytechnic Common Entrance Test|
|Exam Conducting Body||State Board of Technical Education & Training, Telangana|
|Courses offered||Diploma in Engineering, Non- Engineering and Technology fields, Diploma in Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Fisheries, 6-year Integrated B.tech, etc.|
|Official Website of the Board||sbtet.telangana.gov.in|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Syllabus Subjects||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology|
TS POLYCET 2022 Important Dates
Candidates can keep an eye on the Important Dates for TS POLYCET 2022 from here.
|Online Registration start||4th week of May 2022|
|Online Registration end (without late fee)||4th week of Jun 2022|
|Online Registration end (with late fee of 100/-)||to be announced|
|Admit Card Release||Jul 2022|
|TS POLYCET 2022||Jul 2022|
|Answer Key||to be announced|
|Raising of Objections||to be announced|
|Rank Card available||to be announced|
|Result Declaration||to be announced|
|Counseling and Allotment of seats||to be announced|
TS POLYCET 2022 Syllabus
The candidates will have only one question paper for TS POLYCET 2022. The Question paper will have questions as per Xth (S.S.C.) Exam held in 2021-22, as prescribed by the Board of Secondary Education, Telangana State. The Subjects for the Exam are mentioned below:
Only the candidates who are willing to take admission to Agriculture and Veterinary Diploma offered by PJTSAU & PVNRTVU have to attempt the Biology Section. Candidates who wish to take admission to other courses have to attempt the Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry sections only.
TS POLYCET 2022 Exam Pattern
The Question Paper for TS POLYCET 2022 will have the following Exam Pattern. Candidates can refer to this Exam Pattern and prepare accordingly. Candidates should note that the Exam will be held Offline, and will have Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Candidates have to mark the correct answer on the OMR Sheet.
- Mode of exam: The Examination will be held in Offline mode. Candidates will have to answer questions on OMR sheet.
- Duration: TS POLYCET 2022 will be of 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Type of questions: All questions will be Multiple Choice Type (MCQs).
- Who has to attempt which section: Only Agriculture and Veterinary Diploma course candidates have to attempt Biology section.
- Marking scheme: For every correct answer, 1 mark will be given to the candidate. There will be no negetive marking in the Exam.
Distribution of questions
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks|
Best Books for TS POLYCET 2022
Here are some books which the candidates can refer to while preparing for TS POLYCET 2022. These Books will prepare candidates as per the Syllabus of the Exam. Candidates can read through these Books, solve practice questions, and revise just before the Exam.
|Telangana State POLYCET [ ENGLISH MEDIUM ]||Check Price Here|
|POLYCET – Polytechnic Entrance [ TELUGU MEDIUM ]||Check Price Here|
|NCERT BOOK IN MATHEMATICS FOR CLASS X||Check Price Here|
TS POLYCET 2022 Application Form
Candidates can apply for TS POLYCET 2022 by going to polycetts.nic.in. Candidates will have to fill out the Application form. They have to enter details such as their Name, Class 10 Hall Ticket Number, Date of Birth, etc., and then pay the Application Fee to complete their Application Form. Here is how to apply for TS POLYCET 2022.
Step 1– Go to polycetts.nic.in.
Step 2– Click on ‘fill application’ button from the home page. You will be directed to a new window.
Step 3– Here, select your qualifying exam, and enter Hall Ticket Number of 10th Class, Date of Birth, 10th passing appearing year, etc.
Step 4– Fill in other details and upload your Scanned Photograph and Signature. Now, choose your method of payment and pay the application fee.
Step 5– Go to the home page of the Exam and click on ‘View and Print’. Here, click on ‘Application Status’ and enter the required details.
Step 6– Click on ‘Download Application’.
TS POLYCET 2022 Application Fee
Candidates have to submit the Application Fee to complete the Application Form of TS POLYCET 2022. The Application Fee is as follows:
- General Candidates: 400/-
- SC/ ST Candidates: 250/-
Mode of payment: Candidates can apply online and pay the application fee via online mode. They can also go with TS online with cash payment.
TS POLYCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Here are the Eligibility criteria for candidates who wish to appear for TS POLYCET 2022. Candidates can appear for the exam and get admission in Engineering, Non- Engineering, Agricultural, Animal Husbandry courses in the state of Telangana.
Eligibility for Polytechnic Diploma courses offered by SBTET
- The Candidate should be an Indian.
- The Candidates should be from Telangana or Andhra Pradesh.
- He/she should have passed SSC Exam conducted by State Board of Secondary Education, AP / Telangana or any other exam recognized as equivalent recognised by Board of Secondary Education, AP / TS with Mathematics as one of the subjects. The candidates must have obtained at least 35% marks in the qualifying exam.
- If any candidate has passed from NIOS/TOSS/APOSS/CBSE/ICSE/OTHER Board for SSC, he/she should have passed all subjects (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry) with atleast 35% marks.
- Candidates appearing for SSC Exam or equivalent can also apply for TS POLYCET 2022.
- All age candidates are allowed. Though, Social Welfare (Edn.) Department applies an age limit for candidates for scholarships.
Eligibility for Agricultural Courses offered by PJTSAU and Veterinary Courses offered by PVNRTVU
- The Candidate should be an Indian.
- Candidates should present a certificate from the Heads of Instituition stating that he/she has studied in Non-municipal areas for atleast 4 years from classes 1 to 10.
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 from State Board of Secondary Education, TS / AP or any other equivalent exam recognized by Board of Secondary Education, TS / AP with Science as one of the subjects and obtained at least 35% marks in the qualifying exam.
- The age of the appearing candidate should be between 15 and 22.
- The candidate should have passed 10th from any recognised Board with a miminum percentage of 35% in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology individually.
Eligibility for 6-year Integrated B.Tech course offered by RGUKT
- Candidates should have passed 10th (S.S.C.) or any other equivalent exam which is recognised by the Governments of Telangana State & AP State.
- The Candidate should have passed 10th in one attempt of 2022.
- The candidate should be an Indian Citizen/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders.
- Candidate should have not completed 18 years of age as on 31 Dec 2022.
TS POLYCET 2022 Admit Card
The Admit Card for TS POLYCET 2022 will be released on polycetts.nic.in. Candidates can download it by selecting their qualifying exam, Date of Birth, and 10th passing/appearing year. The Admit Card is very important for the Exam.
- Signifance of admit card: Candidates would not get entry to the Exam Hall without their Admit Card.
- What to do after downloading the admit card: After downloading the TS POLYCET 2022 Admit Card, in case candidates find any error in it regrading their information, they should contact the Board.
- Instructions for admit card: The Board specifies that the Hall Ticket for TS POLYCET 2022 is not transferable.
- Keep the admit card in a good condition after downloading: If any candidate’s Hall Ticket is found tampered, spoiled, it torn, it may lead to disqualification of the candidate.
- Details mentioned in admit card: The Admit Card for TS POLYCET 2022 will contain candidate’s important information like Center and time of exam, date of exam, etc.
Qualifying Marks for TS POLYCET 2022
Here is the Qualifying percentage for different courses in TS POLYCET 2022. Candidates should score at least this much to get admission to any Polytechnic course in Government or Private Institute of Telangana.
|Polytechnics Courses officer by SBTET and|
Courses offered by RGUKT
|30% out of 120 marks (Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry)|
|Agricultural Polytechnics of Prof.|
Jayashankar Agricultural University,
Hyderabad, and Veterinary Polytechnics of
P.V. Narasimha Rao Veterinary University,
|30% out of 120 marks (Mathematics(60/2), Physics, Chemistry, Biology)|
TS POLYCET 2022 Answer Key
The Answer key will be out after the TS POLYCET 2022 Exam. It will be available on the official site mentioned in this article. The Answer Key will be released by the Board as per the Question Paper Sets.
- Significance of answer key: Candidates can refer to it and calculate their estimated score for the Exam.
- What to if there is error in answer key: In case, candidates find any error in the Answer Key, they can contact the Board and raise objections. This can be done by sending a mail to [email protected]. The objection raising should be done within a specific time period after the Answer key is out.
TS POLYCET 2022 Result
The Result for TS POLYCET 2022 will be released within 15 days after the Exam.
- Official Website to check result: It will be available to the candidates on polycetts.nic.in. The result for the Examination will be in form of a Rank card.
- Qualifying marks: Candidates have to score atleast 30% in Exam to qualify it, i.e. 36 marks out of 120.
- Re-evaluation details: Any request for re-evaluation will not be taken by the Board.
TS POLYCET 2022 Counseling
After the Result of TS POLYCET 2022 is out, a separate notification for the counseling will be announced by SBTET. A prospectus and fee-related notification will be given out along with the counseling notification.
- 85% of the seats will be for the state candidates who belong to Andhra University Area, Osmania University Area, and Sri Venkateswara University Area.
- 15% of the seats will be given to local/non-local candidates based on their Rank in the Exam.
- Candidates can find important details related to counseling on tspolycet.nic.in.
- At the time of counseling, candidates should have their original documents and certificates.
- Candidates should prepare for all college-course combinations. These are called as ‘Options’.
- Candidates should save and keep a record of the options they enter at the time of counseling.
- Candidates have to stay at their own cost at time of counseling.
Documents Required at time of admission
Here is a list of documents required at the time of admission for TS POLYCET 2022.
- TS POLYCET 2022 Hall Ticket
- Certificate mentioning Date of Birth
- Marks Memo of SSC or equivalent
- Community Certificate from Revenue Authorities, issued by officers not below the rank of Mandal Revenue Officer (MRO) in respect of BC, SC and ST candidates
- Medical Certificate
- Participation Certificate in International Youth Exchange Programme, Republic day Parade at Delhi, State level competition, if any.
Reservation Criteria for TS POLYCET 2022
Some seats in TS POLYCET 2022 will be reserved for candidates of various categories. Candidates should note that 33% reservation will be given to all-girl candidates of unreserved categories.
For Non-Minority Institutes
For the EWS category, reservations will be as per the Government Orders of Telangana.
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
For Residential Polytechnics at Gajwel (For Boys) and Karimnagar (For Girls) Telangana
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
For Residential Polytechnics at Utnoor
|Category||Percentage of Reservation (Seats for Boy candidates only)|
FAQs on TS POLYCET 2022
Ans. Candidates can go to polycetts.nic.in to apply for TS POLYCET 2022.
Ans. TS POLYCET 2022 offers admission to various Polytechnic Diploma courses in the state of Telangana. This includes Diploma in Engineering and Non-engineering fields, Animal Husbandry & Fisheries, Agriculture, 6 year Integrated B.Tech courses
Ans. For the General/ unreserved category, the Application fee is 400/- and for SC/ST, it is 250/-.
Ans. Candidates have to score at least 30%, i.e. 36 marks out of 120 in TS POLYCET 2022 to qualify.
Ans. State Board of Technical Education & Training, Telangana conducts TS POLYCET Exam every year.
Ans. For every correct answer, candidates will be awarded 1 mark. There is no negative marking in the Exam.