|Details - TS POLYCET 2021, Application Form, Hall Ticket, Answer Key, Results|
|Preparation - Syllabus|
TS POLYCET 2021 – State Board of Technical Education and Training (SBTET) has open the TS POLYCET 2021 slot booking and fees payment. TS POLYCET 2021 was held on July 17, 2021. The candidates can submit the challenges against the answer key on or before July 22, 2021.
Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (TS POLYCET) is a state-level polytechnic entrance exam. It comprises multiple-choice questions. Admission into Diploma courses in Engineering & Non-Engineering, Agricultural courses, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries courses and 6-years Integrated B.Tech course is granted on the basis of TS POLYCET 2021 scores. The candidates who qualify the test are then required to take part in the counselling. Know more about TS POLYCET 2021 such as answer key, result, counselling from this page.
TS POLYCET 2021
Latest – TS POLYCET 2021 official answer key is now available. Click here to download.
Latest News Stories on TS POLYCET 2021 Exam
29 July 2021 – TS POLYCET 2021 Counselling Dates Announced, Registration and Slot Booking from 5 August. Read More
28 July 2021 – TS Polycet 2021 Results Declared, Download Rank Card at polycetts.nic.in. Read More
Overview of TS POLYCET 2021 Exam
|Name of Exam||TS POLYCET 2021|
|Full Form||Telangana Polytechnic Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||State Board of Technical Education & Training Telangana|
|Programs Offered||Diploma in Engineering (Polytechnic) by SBTET|
Diploma in Agriculture by PJTSAU
Diploma in Animal Husbandry & Fisheries by PV Narsimha Rao Telangana Veterinary University
More than one lakh candidates apply for the TS POLYCET exam every year. In the previous year, these figures were curbed down to less than 75000 due to the pandemic.
TS POLYCET 2021 Exam Dates
Check out the schedule of events related to TS POLYCET 2021 in the table below.
|TS POLYCET 2021 Events||Dates|
|Start of online registrations||24 May 2021|
|Last date to register without paying any late fee||30 Jun 2021|
|Last date to register by paying a late fee of Rs 100|
|Last date for tatkal online registration by paying a late fee of Rs 300|
|TS POLYCET 2021 Exam Date||17 Jul 2021|
(11:00 am – 01:30 pm)
|Availability of answer key||20 Jul 2021|
|Last date to submit the objections||22 Jul 2021 (By 8.00 PM)|
|Download Rank Card||28 Jul 2021|
|Result Declaration||After 10 days of Exam|
TS POLYCET 2021 Answer Key
SBTET releases TS POLYCET answer key at polycetts.nic.in. The official answer key is released set-wise. After the exam, many coaching institutes also release the answer keys. These are memory-based answer keys and can be used to calculate the scores.
TS POLYCET 2021 Admit Card
TS POLYCET 2021 hall ticket has been released at polycetts.nic.in. The candidates can download it by selecting the qualifying exam and by entering the 10th exam hall ticket number, date of birth, 10th appearing / passing year. The candidates must carry the printed copy of the admit card to the exam centre.
- It is an important document and must be preserved till the end of the admission process.
- Hall ticket must be checked carefully. If there is any mistake in it, contact the coordinating centre immediately.
TS POLYCET 2021 Application Form
The TS POLYCET 2021 Application Form can be filled up to June 30, 2021 without a late fee. Apply Online Here
The application process for TS POLYCET 2021 registration is to be conducted as per schedule at polycetts.nic.in. Check out the step by step procedure to apply online for TS POLYCET 2021 below.
- Open the website polycetts.nic.in using any compatible internet browser.
- At the homepage of the website, look for the link to apply online and click on it.
- Fill up the application form by entering details of Class 10 Hall Ticket No., DOB, Name, Address, Contact Details etc.
- Upload scanned images of photograph & signature.
- Pay the application fee using the available modes.
- Submit the application form and take a printout for future reference.
TS POLYCET 2021 Application Fee
An application fee as specified in the information brochure must be paid by candidates to successfully complete the application process. The updated fee amount can be checked here.
Books Recommended for TS POLYCET 2021
POLYCET – (SBTET) Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry, Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (Common to AP & TS)
Telangana State POLYCET [ ENGLISH MEDIUM ]
Andhra Pradesh POLYCET [ ENGLISH MEDIUM ]
POLYCET – Polytechnic Entrance [ TELUGU MEDIUM ]
TS POLYCET 2021 Syllabus
Syllabus for Diploma in Engineering – Syllabus is as per SSC topics taught in 2020-2021 in Mathematics, Physical Sciences.
Syllabus for Diploma in Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries- Syllabus is as per SSC topics taught in 2020-2021 in Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Biology.
The subject wise syllabus is as follows:
Mathematics: Real numbers, Sets, Polynomials, Pair of linear equations in two variables, quadratic equations, Progressions, Coordinate geometry, Similar triangles, Tangents and secants to a circle, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Applications of trigonometry, Probability, Statistics.
Chemistry: Chemical equations, Acids bases and salts, Structure of atoms, Classification of elements – the periodic table, Principles of metallurgy.
Physics: Reflection of light at curved surfaces, Refraction of light at curved surfaces, Human eye and colorful world, Electric current.
Biology: Nutrition, Respiration, Transportation, Excretion, Coordination, Reproduction, Heredity and Evolution.
TS POLYCET 2021 Exam Pattern
The updated scheme and pattern of the TS POLYCET 2021 exam is notified through the information brochure. We will update the section with the latest pattern as soon as the information brochure for TS POLYCET 2021 releases. Till then, candidates can follow the pattern as per previous year trend below.
|Exam Mode||Offline (OMR Based)|
|Duration||02 hours 30 minutes|
|Sections||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry (for Diploma in Engg)|
Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology (for Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries Diploma only)
|Type of Questions||MCQ with four options|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Marking Scheme||1 marks for each correct answer|
No negative marking
Check out the distribution of questions/section below.
|Section||No. Of Questions||Total Marks|
For admission to Engineering (Polytechnics) evaluation is done on the basis of marks scored in Mathematics (60) + Physics (30) and Chemistry (30).
For admission to Agriculture Diploma, evaluation is done on the basis of marks scored in Mathematics (60/2=30), Physics (30), Chemistry (30) and Biology (30).
TS POLYCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
For admission to Diploma courses in Engineering, Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Fisheries, candidates must at first, fulfil the specified minimum eligibility criteria.
The updated details of eligibility can be checked here for the 2021 exam as soon as the SBTET release the official information brochure for the exam. However, the following conditions of eligibility are as per the previous year information brochure of TS POLYCET.
Eligibility for Polytechnic Diploma Courses
- Applicants must be an Indian national and a resident of Telangana/Andhra Pradesh.
- Candidates must have passed the Class 10 exam.
- All applicants must have studied the subject of Mathematics & passed by scoring an aggregate of 35% marks or more in Class 10.
- Candidates who have passed Class 10 from NIOS/TOSS/APOSS/CBSE/ICSE/other board recognized as equivalent must have passed individually in the subjects of Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry with 35% or more marks in each subject.
- Those who are appearing/appeared in Class 10 Board exams in 2021 are also eligible to apply.
- There is no age restriction to apply for TS POLYCET 2021.
Eligibility for Agriculture Course of PJTSAU
- Applicants must be within the age of 15 to 22 years.
- Only Indian nationals who are from Telangana/Andhra Pradesh are eligible to apply.
- Candidates have to produce a certificate from the Head of Institution indicating that they have studied in a Non-Municipal area for a minimum period of 04 years during Class 1 to Class 10.
- Applicants must have passed the Class 10 exam from an institution recognized by the State Board of Secondary Education Andhra Pradesh/Telangana.
- Candidates from NIOS/TOSS/APOSS/CBSE/ICSE/other board recognized as equivalent must have passed individually in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics with 35% or more marks in each subject.
TS POLYCET 2021 Result
The TS POLYCET 2021 result will be announced after exam.
SBTET releases the result of the TS POLYCET exam at the website polycetts.nic.in as per schedule after the exam (17 July). Separate merit lists are released for admission to Polytechnic and Agriculture Diploma courses. Candidates who take the test are also issued rank cards on the basis of their score in the examination.
TS POLYCET 2021 merit lists indicate the list of shortlisted candidates. Candidates must secure at least 36 marks out of 120 in order to get shortlisted. Candidates are also issued rank cards. The rank cards are issued through the polycetts.nic.in. Based on the merit in the TS POLYCET exam, candidates are provided admission as per the availability of seats.
The establishment of the State Board of Technical Education & Training Telangana was done to serve the purpose of being an adjunct office to the Department of Technical Education in the state. The difference in operations of the SBTET from the DTE is that the Department is more focused on administrative & developmental aspects. SBTET is however expected to exhibit some of the following activities:
- Framing of policies for Technical Education.
- Making necessary revisions in the syllabus.
- Oversee teaching activities in technical institutes.
- Conduct examinations and award certificates.
- Development of new courses and implementing them at polytechnics of the state.
Besides the aforementioned objectives of SBTET, the Board also functions as an advisory body to the State Government in the context of the development of Technical Education. Some of the major areas in which, the Board cover its functions include curriculum & academic standards, examinations, inspection & affiliation, liaison with industry and growth & development of technical education.
|Latest TS POLYCET 2021 Circular (includes latest syllabus)||Click Here|
|Information brochure||Click Here|
|Detailed Admission Notice||Click Here|
FAQs on TS POLYCET 2021
Ans. The exam is conducted by the State Board of Technical Education & Training, Telangana.
Ans. Through the TS POLYCET 2021 rank, candidates are offered admission to Diploma in Polytechnic, Agriculture Diploma and Animal Husbandry & Fisheries courses.
Ans. Candidates must have at least passed Class 10 exam.
Ans. The minimum marks is 36 out of 120.
Ans. The fee amount is Rs 400 for UR candidates & Rs 250 for SC/ST.