TS EDCET 2021 – TSCHE has released the TS EDCET 2021 application form on April 19, 2021, at edcet.tsche.ac.in. Candidates can submit the TS EDCET application form till June 15, 2021. Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test (TS EDCET) will be conducted online from August 24 to 25, 2021. Osmania University is conducting TS EDCET on behalf of TSCHE as the state level education entrance exam. It is for admission into 2 year B.Ed regular course. The candidates who qualify the examination are offered admission in the Colleges of Education of Telangana. Check more details about TS EDCET 2021 from this page such as syllabus, exam pattern, application process, qualifying marks etc.
TS EDCET 2021
TS EdCET 2021 Exam Dates
Schedule is out. Check the important dates of TS EDCET 2021 given below.
|TS EDCET 2021||Dates|
|Availability of notification||16 Apr 2021|
|Release of detailed notification||16 Apr 2021|
|Commencement of registration||19 Apr 2021|
|Last date to submit the form without late fee||15 Jun 2021|
|Last date to submit the form with late fee||25 Jun to 20 Jul 2021|
|Availability of hall ticket||10 Aug 2021|
|Exam date||24 to 25 Aug 2021|
|Release of answer key, question paper and response sheet||31 Aug 2021|
|Last date for Receiving objections on Answer key||03 Sep 2021|
|Declaration of result||12 Sep 2021|
|Commencement of counselling||to be announced|
TS EDCET 2021 Application Form
The TS EDCET 2021 application form has released on April 19.
TS EDCET 2021 application form can be filled at edcet.tsche.ac.in. Before submitting the application form, cross-check all the details entered in the form are correct as false information may lead to the rejection of the form.
TS EDCET 2021 application process
- Application fee payment: First of all, click on the direct link of the form given above on this page.Now, enter the qualifying exam hall ticket number, name, date of birth, mobile number etc and pay the application fee.
- Know the payment status: After submitting the application fee, check the payment status by entering the qualifying exam hall ticket number and mobile number.
- Fill the application form: Then, fill the application form. Login by entering the payment reference id, qualifying exam hall ticket number, mobile number and date of birth. Next, enter candidate’s details, category details, address details, academic details, exam details. Also, select the exam centre.
- Upload the documents: After entering the details, upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
- Preview the form and take its printout: Lastly, preview the form and cross-check all the details in it. Then, submit it and take its printout for future reference.
|Fee without late fee|
|For other candidates||Rs 650|
|For SC / ST / PH||Rs 450|
Application Fee (With Late Fee) – Following amounts are per last year’s details, this year’s late fee will be available soon
|5 days after the last date of submission||Application fee + Rs 500|
|10 days after the last date of submission||Application fee + Rs 1000|
|20 days after the last date of submission||Application fee + Rs 2000|
Mode of Payment: The candidates can pay the application fee using Debit card / Credit card / Net bankingTS / AP Online Centers.
Major Changes in TS EDCET 2021
According to the meeting held for TS EDCET 2021, following changes were made by the officials. The test committee has approved below-given changes.
- New exam pattern is announced
- Syllabus has been changed
- Eligibility Criteria changed (not yet disclosed)
Books Recommended for TS EdCET 2021
TS EDCET 2021 Syllabus
According to the official notification, the questions is TS EDCET will be asked from the following subjects.
Subject / Content – Maths, Science, Social Studies: In this subject, the questions will be drawn from class 1st to 10th syllabus of Telangana state curriculum where the focus will be majorly on Reasoning and Problem Solving.
Teaching Aptitude: The questions shall be aimed to understand the following things:
- Teaching – learning process
- Classroom management
- Mentoring with special reference to teacher-pupil relationship
- Reading Comprehension
- Spelling Errors
- Phrase Replacement
- Error Detection
- Word Association
- Current Affairs (India and International)
- Contemporary Educational Issues
TS EDCET 2021 Exam Pattern
For the year 2021, TS EDCET pattern has been changed. TSCHE has also approved the new exam pattern. Check the details given below.
- Duration: The duration of the exam is 2 hours
- No. of questions: There are total 150 questions in the test
- Maximum marks: The test is of 150 marks
- Marking Scheme: Each question is of 01 marks
Distribution of questions
|Subjects||No. of questions|
|Subject / Content||60|
Maths – 20
Science – 20
Social Studies – 20
|General Knowledge & Educational Issues||30|
TS EDCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
As per the official notification, changes will be made in the eligibility criteria of TS EDCET 2021. Some more subjects will be added in the eligibility criteria so that candidates of different disciplines can take admission in B.Ed course via TS EDCET 2021. Till the detailed notification is released, candidates can check the eligibility criteria given below.
Last year, the eligibility criteria was as follows. This year’s eligibility criteria will be out on 28 March.
- The candidates must be of Indian Nationality
- The candidates must satisfy Local / Non-Local requirements as specified by Telanagana Educational Institutions.
Age Limit: The candidates must be 19 years of age as on 1st July 2021. There is no maximum age limit.
- The candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree BA, BA (Oriental Languages), B.Com, B.Sc, B.Sc (Home Science), BCA, BBM / BBA or any Master’s degree with at least 50% marks.
- The candidates who have Bachelor’s in Engineering & Technology with specialization in Maths and Science with at least 55% marks can also apply.
- Any other equivalent qualification
Reserved category qualification: The candidates belonging to SC / ST / BC category and other reserved categories must have secured 40% in the qualifying examination.
Who are not eligible?
– The candidates having MBBS / BSC (AG) / BVSC / BHMT / B.Pharm and other professional courses like LLB are not eligible.
– The candidates who have Master’s degree without having obtained the Bachelor’s degree are also not eligible.
Subject-Wise Eligibility Criteria
|Mathematics||Must have completed BA / B.Sc with Maths as one of the group subjects|
Must have done BCA with Maths at Intermediate level as group subject
|Physical Sciences||Must have done B.Sc with Physics and Chemistry or allied subjects|
Part II Group subjects
B.E. / B.Tech with Physics and Chemistry subjects and BCA candidates with
Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) at intermediate level as group subject
|Biological Sciences||Must have done B.Sc / B.Sc (Home Science) who have studied Botany and Zoology or Allied subjects under Part II subjects|
BCA with Biological Sciences at intermediate level as group subject
|Social Studies||Must have completed BA / B.Com / BBM / BBA / BCA |
Candidates must have studied Social Studies at Intermediate level as a group subject
|English||Must have done BA in Special English / Optional English / English Literature or MA. English|
|Oriental Languages||Must have done BA (with Oriental Languages)|
TS EDCET 2021 Hall Ticket
The candidates can download TS EDCET 2021 hall ticket from edcet.tsche.ac.in. To download the hall ticket, enter the following details:
- Registration number
- Date of birth
No hall ticket is sent via post. On the day of the examination, the candidates have to carry the printed copy of the admit card. It is advised to candidates to preserve the hall ticket till the end of the admission process.
TS EDCET 2021 Answer Key
Osmania University releases TS EDCET answer key at edcet.tsche.ac.in. The answer key is released along with the question paper and response sheet. The candidates can calculate the scores using the question paper and answer key.
- TS EDCET answer key is released in pdf format.
- The answer key and question paper are also mailed to the students on their respective mail ids.
- The university releases the preliminary answer key first. It can be challenged by the candidates if they find any error in it. The objections have to be sent to the email id specified by the official authority.
- The candidates have to send the challenges in the proper format specified by the official authority. While challenging the answer key, following things have to be entered hall ticket number, exam date, question number and id, answer given in key, suggested answer, justification for the suggested answer.
- After reviewing the errors, a final answer key is also released.
TS EDCET 2021 Response Sheet
Along with the answer key and question paper, TS EDCET response sheet is released. It can be downloaded from edcet.tsche.ac.in. The response sheet displays the student’s responses marked during the examination. The response sheet is also mailed to the concerned candidate’s email id.
To download TS EDCET 2021 response sheet, enter EDCET hall ticket number, registration number and date of birth. The candidates can use the response sheet and answer key together to cross-check the answers.
Qualifying Criteria for TS EDCET 2021
The candidates appearing for TS EDCET have to obtain the minimum marks as specified by the official authority to be declared as qualified. So, as per last year, there were no minimum qualifying marks for the candidates belonging to SC / ST category.
However, for other category candidates, following marks must be secured in TS EDCET.
|Particulars||Marks / Percentage|
|All candidates ( Except SC / ST)||38|
|Percentage||25% of the aggregate maeks|
Note: The candidates belonging to SC / ST category must secure 25% marks in TS EDCET in order to claim a seat under NCC / Sports and Games / Physically Handicapped / Children of Armed Personnel quota.
TS EDCET 2021 Result
TS EDCET 2021 result can be checked from edcet.tsche.ac.in. The result is announced in the form of a rank card. To download the rank card, enter the EDCET hall ticket number and date of birth.
- According to the merit in TS EDCET, the candidates are awarded rank.
- Note that there is no provision to apply for re-totaling or revaluation or personal identification of the scripts.
- The rank obtained in TS EDCET 2021 is valid for admission into B.Ed course for the academic year 2021-22 only.
- The candidates who have qualified the exam are required to appear for the counselling.
TS EDCET 2021 Counselling
The qualified candidates of TS EDCET have to take part in the counselling process. The counselling details are released at edcetadm.tsche.ac.in. Check the counselling process given below.
- Registration: The candidates have to first register online and pay the registration fee. The candidates have to upload scanned copies of the necessary documents.
- Display of list of the eligible candidates: After the registration, the list of the eligible candidates is released.
- Exercising web options: Then, options of the colleges have to be submitted.
- Seat allotment: Next, the list of selected candidates is published on the website.
- Reporting: Lastly, the selected candidates have to then report to the allotted colleges for the verification of original documents. The candidates have to pay the tuition fee as well.
Reservation Criteria for TS EDCET 2021
The candidates are offered admission according to their local areas status and otherwise. Check the reservation percentage given below.
According to the last year’s details
|Particulars||Percentage of reservation|
|For other candidates||15%|
Who are included in the Local Area?
- Telangana state comprising the districts Adilabad, Hyderabad (including twin cities), RangaReddy, Karimnagar, Mahbubnagar, Medak, Nalgonda, Nizamabad, Khammam, Warangal shall be regarded as Osmania University – Local Area.
- AP state comprising the districts of Srikakulum, Vizianagaram, East Godavari, vishakaptnam, West Godavari, Krishna, Guntur and Prakasam will be treated as Andhra University – Local Area.
- SP districts comprising Anantapur, Kurnool, Chitoor, Kadapa and Nellore shall be regarded as Shree Venkateswara University – Local Area.
TS EDCET 2021 Participating Institutes
Check the list of the colleges / institutes that accept TS EDCET scores.
|Govt. Institute of Advanced Study in Education||University College of Education, OU Campus, |
|David Memorial College of Education for Women, Yacharam||Deccan College of Education, Pamulaparthy, Wargal|
|Gandhian College of Education||GMR College of Education|
|Holy Trinity Tec College of Education||Islamia College of Education|
|JEC College of Education||KRK Reddy College of Education|
|Noble College of Education||Princeton School of Education|
|Rabindranath Tagore College of Education||Shadan College of Education|
|Srinidhi College of Education||SRM College of Education|
|YPR College of Education||DRS College of Education|
|Islamia College of Education||Lal Bahadur College of Education, Warangal|
- Click here to check the list of all the colleges.
About Osmania University
Osmania University is a public state university located in Hyderabad, Telangana. The university was established in the year 1918. It is the first Indian University to have Urdu as a medium of instruction. It is one of the largest university in the world with over 3,00,000 students in its campuses and affiliated colleges.
Some of its constituent colleges are:
- Nizam College
- University College for Women
- University College of Science
Affiliated Engineering Colleges
- Deccan College of Egineering and Technology
- Vasavi College of Engineering
- Islamia Engineering College
- Osmania University has been ranked at 301-350 among universities in Asia category by the QS Asia Ranking 2020.
- NIRF ranked it 29 among universities in 2020.
|TS EDCET 2021 Notification||Download Here|
|TS EDCET 2021 Information Brochure||Download Here|
|TS EDCET 2021 Important Dates||Download Here|
|TS EDCET 2021 Syllabus||Download Here|
FAQs of TS EDCET 2021
Ans. TS EDCET will be conducted from August 24 to 25, 2021.
Ans. No, the application form cannot be submitted via offline mode. It has to be submitted via online mode only.
Ans. The total duration of the exam is 2 hours.
Ans. The test is of total 150 marks.
Ans. You must be 19 years as on 1st July 2021.
Ans. The candidates (Except SC / ST) need to get minimum 38 marks (25% of the aggregate marks).