TISSNET Syllabus 2022 – TISS Mumbai releases the syllabus for TISSNET 2022. Exam aspirants need to follow the latest syllabus to get admission into the various MA programs across 4 TISS campuses. TISSNET 2022 is divided into 3 sections – English Proficiency, Mathematics & Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness. The syllabus for all 3 sections can be found on this page. Candidates can refer to other information such as exam patterns, preparation tips, and important books.
TISSNET 2022 Registration is yet to be released by TISS Mumbai. Interested candidates can click on the above link to get more information about the TISSNET application form.
TISSNET Syllabus 2022
Candidates can refer to the information mentioned below for TISSNET Syllabus. Though there is no definite syllabus for the exam, TISS has provided some major topics for each section.
Candidates only need to prepare the English Proficiency, Mathematics, and Logical Reasoning at an X standard preparation level.
TISSNET Syllabus 2022 for English Proficiency
These topics mentioned in the below points broadly cover the English proficiency section of TISSNET. The main objective of this section is to evaluate the candidate’s English language comprehension and its usage.
- Word Choice/Sentence Correction
- Verbal Reasoning
- Reading Comprehension
TISSNET Syllabus 2022 for Mathematics and Logical Reasoning
These topics mentioned in the below points broadly cover the Mathematics and Logical reasoning section of TISSNET. The main objective of this section is to evaluate the candidate’s quantitative and logical reasoning skills.
- Basic Arithmetic
- Number Series
- Basic Geometry
- Basic Trigonometry
- Data Interpretation
- Basic Statistics
- Logical Reasoning
TISSNET Syllabus 2022 for General Awareness
These topics mentioned in the below points broadly cover the General Awareness section of TISSNET. The main objective of this section is to evaluate the candidate’s awareness about current affairs, various developmental and socio-political issues.
- Social studies
- Science and Technology
- Art and Culture
- Indian History
TISSMAT and TISSPAT are conducted by TISS for admission into various MA programs. Candidates who are selected in TISSNET have to give TISSMAT/TISSPAT according to the MA program they have selected.
- Aspirants who choose MA (HRM & LR) and MA (ODCL) at TISS Mumbai have to appear in TISSMAT.
- Candidates who choose all other programs except MA (HRM & LR) and MA (ODCL) across all campuses have to appear for TISSPAT.
Note: Due to the current COVID-19 situation across the country, TISSMAT/TISSPAT stands canceled. Though there is no information about whether these will be conducted for the 2022 session. Candidates can refer to their syllabus in case TISS Mumbai conducts them in the 2022 session.
TISSMAT Syllabus 2022
TISS could conduct TISSMAT 2022 for the candidates selected in TISSNET 2022. TISSMAT consists of 4 sections – Data Interpretation, Descriptive Writing, and Comprehension Syllabus, and Business Awareness. Topics that broadly cover these 4 sections are mentioned below.
- Data Interpretation – Interpreting graphs and charts, interpreting data across multiple sources.
- Descriptive Writing – Candidate could be asked to write a content about any current social events, economic events, political events, business events
- Comprehension Syllabus – Candidate could be given a paragraph on a topic related to management. And then has to answer the question from that paragraph.
- Business Awareness – Questions will be asked from these topics, knowledge of contemporary events, latest news, news related to the economy, latest topics related to business, human resource management, labour studies.
Candidates need to prepare for TISSMAT 2022 at the preparation level of Graduation.
TISSPAT Syllabus 2022
TISS could conduct TISSPAT 2022 for the candidates selected in TISSNET 2022. TISSPAT syllabus is a very program-specific syllabus that means its syllabus differs from program to program.
TISSNET Books 2022
Interested candidates can refer to these books for the preparation of TISSNET 2022.
|Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis||Click Here|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension for CAT by Arun Sharma||Click Here|
|Manorama Yearbook 2021||Click Here|
|How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT||Click Here|
|Chandresh Agrawal’s Study Package book on TISSNET||Click Here|
|High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin||Click Here|
How to Prepare for TISSNET 2022?
A candidate who wishes to appear for TISSNET 2022 may refer to these below-mentioned preparation tips.
- To prepare for maths and logical reasoning candidates can refer to any aptitude books or books mentioned above.
- They need to practice daily for maths till the exam day because regular practice helps in faster calculation which will eventually benefits on exam day.
- For GK candidates should know all the major events happened in the country in last 1.5-2 years.
- For current affairs, newspapers are the best source.
- Prepare a notebook with all the stats, information related to current affairs.
- TISS releases a mock test few days before the TISSNET, candidate must attempt that mock test once.
- On exam day, candidates should attempt the section which they are very good at. It increases the confidence level.
TISSNET Exam Pattern 2022
Candidates can refer to the below table for the TISSNET Exam Pattern 2022.
|Number of Questions||100|
|No. of Questions in English proficiency||30|
|No. of Questions in Mathematics and Logical reasoning||30|
|No. of Questions in General Awareness(GA)||40|
|Exam Duration||1 hour 40 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for the correct answer|
0 for incorrect answer
|Mode of Examination||Online mode computer-based test|
Given below is the table that provides the section-wise number of questions and the allocated marks.
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|English Proficiency||30 questions||30 marks|
|Mathematics and Logical Reasoning||30 questions||30 marks|
|General Awareness||40 questions||40 marks|
|Total||100 questions||100 marks|
FAQs about TISSNET Syllabus 2022
A. It is very tough to prepare for TISSNET in 2 months, but with proper planning and practicing questions it can be done.
A. TISSNET 2022 consists of 3 sections i.e. English Proficiency, Mathematical and Logical Reasoning, and general awareness.
A. Preparation for English Proficiency, Mathematical and Logical Reasoning can be done with the help of books. For general awareness, it is best to read newspapers to gain knowledge about current affairs. For static GK candidates can refer to Manorama Yearbook.
A. There will be no negative marking in TISSNET 2021.
A. 30 questions are asked in the English proficiency section.