TISSNET 2022 – Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Mumbai has announced TISS NET 2022 result. The result has been announced at tiss.edu. Link to check it is also given below. TISS conducted TISSNET 2022 on 26 Feb 2022. The exam is held for admission of candidates in MA, M.Sc, MHA, MPH, Law courses. These courses are offered in Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad campuses. In the test, there were objective-type questions. It was held in the computer-based mode at the various test centres of India. Check more details about TISSNET 2022 from this page such as admit card, syllabus, preparation etc.
Latest – TISSNET 2022 result is out. Click here to check.
Latest – TISS Previous Year Question Papers available for Practice. Click here to Download.
Latest – Check out TISSNET Books for preparation. Click Here to view.
Latest – Check out TISSNET Syllabus for preparation . Click here to view.
Latest – TISS Admit Card 2022 Released. Click here to Download.
Latest – TISS Mumbai has released the result date for TISSNET 2022. With this, the dates for further admission process have also been released. You can check the same from the table given below or from tiss.edu.
- Exam Date
- Exam Pattern
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admit Card
- Best Books
- Previous Year Question Papers
- How to Prepare?
TISSNET Dates 2022
The candidates can refer to the below-mentioned table for important dates related to TISSNET 2022.
|TISSNET 2022 Event||Dates|
|Registration start date||17 Dec 2021|
|Registration end date|
|Form can be submitted till||11 Feb 2022 (Till 11.59 PM)|
|Release date of admit card|
|Last date to download TISS admit card||21 Feb 2022|
|Online pre-admission orientation for SC/ST/OBC/Minority/PwD candidates||12 – 13 Feb 2022|
|TISSNET 2022 Exam Date||26 Feb 2022 (2.00 pm – 3.40 pm)|
|Result announcement||26 Mar 2022|
|Online DAF Opening date||25 Apr 2022|
|Closing date of DAF||20 May 2022|
|Online Assessment – Stage II (OA) start date||24 May 2022|
|Online Assessment – Stage II (OA) end date||11 Jun 2022|
|Merit List Announcement||to be announced!|
|Documents uploading and Fee Payment of selected candidates (start date)||to be announced!|
|Documents uploading and Fee Payment of selected candidates (end-date)||to be announced!|
TISS Admit Card 2022
TISS, Mumbai releases the TISS 2022 admit card online at tiss.edu It is mandatory to carry TISS admit card on exam day. Admit Card will consist of all the details like Name, application number, exam date, exam time, test center address. Candidates may follow this step-by-step process to download their TISSNET admit card.
- Visit the official TISS online application system
- Log in to the portal usning credentials created during registration process.
- Admit card will be avaialble on the screen
- Download the admit card and take a print-out for future reference.
- Check all the details and if there is any discrepancy contact the help-desk.
TISSNET Selection Procedure 2022
TISS Mumbai conducts admission into various programs of four campuses of TISS in 2 stages. The first Stage consists of TISSNET 2022 and the second stage consists of Online Assessment. Candidates clearing Stage 1 are only eligible to appear for Stage 2.
Stage 1 – TISSNET 2022
TISSNET 2022 is a Computer-based test conducted for 50 post-graduate programs across all 4 TISS campuses. Candidates selected in TISSNET are allowed to appear for stage 2. After the announcement of TISSNET result, selected candidates need to fill the form for Online Assessment.
Stage 2 – Online Assessment
Online assessment is conducted of selected candidates from TISSNET 2022. Online assessment is conducted by 3-panel members for mainly 20-30 minutes. Online assessment is divided into 2 parts:
- Extempore reflection on a given topic – In this candidate will be given topic relevant to program and candidate will be asked to present on the same topic for 2-3 minutes.
- Online personal Interview – Panel memebers will ask questions from candidate to understand candidate’s preparedness, basic subject knowledge of its bachelor degree, understanding of social and economic factors.
TISSNET 2022 Final Merit Preparation
Merit List for Open Category will be created according to the final aggregate score obtained by the candidate. The final score will be calculated with the combination of both stages. Candidates can refer to follow the below table for more information.
|Name of Test||Maximum Marks||Weightage|
|Extempore reflection on a given topic||100||20%|
|Online Personal Interview (OPI)||100||30%|
- After preparation of merit list for Open candidates, merit list for seperate categories will be created according to the reservation of seats.
- After preparation of open-category merit list and merit list for each reserved category, A final merit list will be released on the official website.
TISSNET Exam Pattern 2022
TISSNET 2022 is a computer-based test held on a single day across different test centers in India. Candidates who applied to multiple programs need only to appear for one test. Candidates interested in the TISSNET exam pattern can refer to the information given below.
Mode of Exam: Online mode CBT
Number of Questions: 100 Multiple choice questions
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Negative Marking: There is no negative marking in the exam.
Medium of Exam: The TISSNET will be held in English medium only.
Number of Sections: The TISSNET 2022 question paper is divided into the following sections.
|Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Mathematics and Logical reasoning||30||30|
TISSNET Syllabus 2022
Candidates interested in appearing for TISSNET 2022 should be aware of its syllabus. The syllabus for the TISSNET exam is available on its official website. Candidates can also refer to the below-mentioned information for the syllabus.
|English Proficiency||Indicative and not restrictive)|
Word Choice / sentence correction
Synonyms & Antonyms
|Mathematical and Logical Reasoning||Basic Arithmetic|
Science & Technology
Art & Culture
TISSNET Exam Preparation 2022
Candidates who wish to prepare for TISSNET 2022 should prepare every topic of each section separately. Candidates who have also prepared for other exams such as CAT, XAT, MAT they need not prepare differently for English Proficiency, Mathematical and Logical Reasoning. For General awareness, preparation can be divided into 2 parts – Current Affairs and Static GK.
- Political news such as newly appointed PM, Presidents, CMs of Indian states, office holders in GOI.
- Sports news such as major tournaments, new milestones of Indian sportsperson
- Global Awards – Noble Awards, Oscars, Booker Prize, Pulitzer Prize, National Awards etc.
- Information about recent scams, elections. News related to defence, Indian Army, IAF, and Indian Navy.
- Recent state and central government policies.
- Any major global event like G20 summit, UN summit, G7, BRICS. Any global tragidies and information related to that tragedy.
- Any Indian organization that has reached globally. MAjor Indian and World Space events.
- Stats related to geography, demography, agriculture of India.
- Major national parks, sancutaries, nuclear power plants in India.
- Important events of Indian Independence movements and stats related to them.
- Important articles, laws, events of Indian Constitution.
TISSNET Books 2022
Candidates can refer to the following resources to prepare for the TISSNET 2022 examination.
TISSNET Books for English Proficiency
|Book Name||Buying Link|
|Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis||Click Here|
|High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin||Click Here|
|30 Days To More Powerful Vocabulary by Norman Lewis||Click Here|
TISSNET Books for Mathematics and Logical Reasoning
|Book name||Buying Link|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT by Nishit K Sinha||Click Here|
|How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT by Arun Sharma||Click Here|
|Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency by Sandeep Bajaj & Ananta Ashisha||Click Here|
TISSNET Books for General Awareness
|Books Name||Buying Link|
|Manorma Yearbook 2021||Click Here|
|General Knowledge 2022 by Manohar Pandey||Click Here|
TISSNET Result 2022
Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS), Mumbai, publishes the TISSNET 2022 merit list on the official website i.e. tiss.edu. Candidates need to log in with the email id and password to download the same. After the completion of TISSNET 2022, TISS will announce its results. The selected students from TISSNET 2022 will be eligible to appear for stage 2. After the completion of Stage 2, TISS Mumbai will release a final merit list.
In the final merit list, there are two types of merit list, one is the Open (Unreserved) Merit List (OML) and the other is Category Wise Merit List. The TISSNET 2022 result comprises important details TISSNET score, name, preference, the program selected Shortlist status of PI, Category / Domicile, and cut-off marks.
- Open (Unreserved) Merit List (OML); This merit list is prepared on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained in the selection procedure both test and interview round. The reservation criteria is not considered while preparing the OML list.
- Category Wise Merit List: After the OML list, the category wise list is prepared as per the reservation criteria and conditions. This list is considered for final allotment of seats.
TISSNET Cut Off 2022
There are no minimum qualification criteria for English Proficiency and Mathematical / Logical Reasoning section. However, the minimum cut-off is set for the General Awareness section. It is as follows.
|Name of Category||Cut off|
|Gen, EWS, KM, and AF||35%|
|OBC (NC) and PWD||30%|
|SC or ST||None|
TISSNET 2022 Admission / Document Verification
The final status of Stage 1 and Stage 2 results, is uploaded on the candidate’s respective login. Candidates who get selected for further admission process, have to report to the allotted campus for the document verification process. They have to carry the documents in original format only.
- Original Mark Sheets
- Grade sheets / Certificates of the qualifying examination at the time of reporting for admission
- Migration Certificate
- Employer Permission Letter, if working
- Provisional Certificate if course has not been completed.
The admission of the candidates can be canceled or forfeited, in case of the following reasons.
- Candidates not fulfilling the eligibility criteria, are disqualified.
- In case, there is any error or discrepancy in the application form.
- In case, the candidates has submitted false or forged documents
TISSNET 2022 Reservation Policy
TISS Mumbai has prescribed the following reservation policy for the admission process.
|Other Backward Classes OBC (Non-Creamy Layers)||27%|
TISS Guwahati reserves 66% of its seats for the students of 8 north-eastern states. Seat allotment is governed by the reservation policy of that respective state. The remaining 34% of seats are for candidates from the rest of India. The reservation policy of the Government of India is applicable to the 34% remaining seats for the rest of India.
TISSNET Eligibility Criteria 2022
Eligibility criteria are one of the most important factors in the TISSNET admission process. Interested candidates must go through the eligibility criteria before applying. TISS, Mumbai which is conducting the TISSNET 2022 has laid down eligibility criteria for every course. Candidates can click on the link given below to go through course-specific eligibility criteria while TISSNET 2022 general eligibility criteria can be referred from the below points.
- Candidates should have completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a recognized university/college.
- The course pattern of candidates study should be 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1. If candidates study pattern does not meet this criteria, they should have complete at least 15 years of formal education.
- Candidates who are in their final year and their degree will be completed by last week of september 2022 are also eligible to appear for TISSNET 2022.
- If candidates are unable to submit the degree by last week of september 2022, their provisional admission will be automatically cancelled.
- Till the the time of applying, the candidates of 3 year degree program should have cleared all the subjects from 1-4 semesters. And those of 4 year degree program should have cleared all the subjects from 1-6 semesters.
- If the information provided by the candidates found to be incorrect at the time of selection process, their admission will be summarily cancelled.
TISSNET Registration 2022
TISS Mumbai has released the TISSNET application form. Interested students can visit the TISS online application system – appln.tiss.edu. Candidates need a valid email id, a valid phone number to register.
How to fill TISSNET 2022 Application Form?.
- 1st step: First visit the TISS online application system
- 2nd step: Then, the registration form opens. Enter a valid email id and fill in the basic information.
- 3rd step: After doing so, you will receive a verification link on the registred email id. Click on the link to verify for the same.
- 4th step: After verification, set a new password and login with email id an password.
- 5th step: Now, add your personal information, academic qualifications.
- 6th step: Thereafter, Candidates may require to attach Photograph, Signature, Caste/ Tribe Certificate.
- 7th step: At last, pay the application fee from any of the given methods and complete the application process.
- 8th Step: Take a print out of application form for future reference.
TISSNET Registration 2022 Important Instructions
During the TISSNET 2022 registration candidates should keep these below-mentioned instructions in mind.
- Candidates are allowed to apply for a maximum of 3 programs across 2 TISS campuses.
- Candidates would not be allowed to make changes once application is completed.
- Interested candidates need to go through the eligibility criteria once before filling the form.
- Candidates need to upload documents only in the format mentioned.
- The candidates need to pay fees for each programs they applied to.
- To apply for a maximum of 3 programs candidates only need to fill 1 form. If any candidate is found to have filled more than one application form, all the application of that candidate will be cancelled.
TISSNET 2022 Registration Fees
Interested candidates need to make the payment to complete the registration process. Details for TISSNET 2022 application form fee can be found below.
For online payment methods:
As online payment methods candidates can choose any of these modes – Credit Card/Debit Card/Net-Banking. Fee details for the online payment method are:
|Number of Programs applied for||General||Eligible Govt. of India Post-Metric Scholarship SC/ST/OBC(NC)||Not-Eligible Govt. of India Post-Metric Scholarship SC/ST (only)|
|1||Rs 1030||Rs 260||Rs 510|
|2||Rs 2060||Rs 520||Rs 1020|
|3||Rs 3090||Rs 780||Rs 1530|
If Paying Through Cash Deposit:
The candidate must visit the nearest SBI Bank and make the payment wherein an e-challan is generated, candidate must save the e-challan as they will be required to upload it during document submission.
|Number of Programs applied for||General||Eligible Govt. of India Post-Metric Scholarship SC/ST/OBC(NC)||Not-Eligible Govt. of India Post-Metric Scholarship SC/ST (only)|
|1||Rs 1000 + Bank Charges||Rs 250 + Bank Charges||Rs 500 + Bank Charges|
|2||Rs 2000 + Bank Charges||Rs 500 + Bank Charges||Rs 1000 + Bank Charges|
|3||Rs 3000 + Bank Charges||Rs 750 + Bank Charges||Rs 1500 + Bank Charges|
Documents Required during TISSNET Registration 2022
Candidates interested in TISSNET 2022 will be required to upload some documents. The list of documents can be found in the below table.
|General/Un-Reserved||Photograph, Signature, Copy of Challan(if paid by cash)|
|SC/ST (Annual income<Rs 2.5 Lakhs)||Photograph, Signature, Copy of Challan(if paid by cash), Caste Certificate, Income certificate for 2020-2021|
|SC/ST (Annual income>Rs 2.5 Lakhs)||Photograph, Signature, Copy of Challan(if paid by cash), Caste Certificate|
|OBC – NCL (Annual income<Rs 1 Lakhs)||Photograph, Signature, Copy of Challan(if paid by cash), Caste Certificate issued after 01 Apr 2020 by DM/DC/Tahsildar, Income certificate for 2020-2021|
|OBC – NCL (Annual income>Rs 1 Lakhs)||Photograph, Signature, Copy of Challan(if paid by cash), Caste Certificate issued after 01 Apr 2020 by DM/DC/Tahsildar|
|PwD||Photograph, Signature, Copy of Challan(if paid by cash), PwD certificate|
|Kashmiri Migrant||Photograph, Signature, Copy of Challan(if paid by cash), Kashmiri migrant certificate|
|Armed Forces||Photograph, Signature, Copy of Challan(if paid by cash), Armed forces certificate|
Candidates having any queries related to admissions including technical problems can call the helpline or email on the below-provided details:
- Admissions Helpline Number: 022 – 2552 5252
- Availability: (Monday to Saturday – Timing 10:00 am to 6:00 pm)
- Email Id: [email protected]
FAQ’s for TISSNET 2022
A. Yes TISSNET 2022 is going to be conducted on 26 February 2022.
A. TISS Mumbai provides MA in HRM & Labour Relations. Candidates who wish to appear can fill the application form on its official website.
A. No, it is held in the online mode Computer Based Test.
A. Questions are asked to candidates about the understanding of their academic qualifications, social and economic factors.
A. Candidates have to appear for TISSNET CBT, then online assessment which consists of a personal interview.
A. No, there is no age limit in TISSNET
A. You can apply for TISSNET 2022 at tiss.edu.
A. No, there is no negative marking.
A. You can check the status of selection in the candidate dashboard.
A. You need to log in with your email id and password on the TISS Online Application system.