TISSNET 2021 Selection Procedure
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) has unveiled a brand new selection procedure for TISSNET 2021; or rather for TISS MA admission 2021-22. Candidates who are applying for the TISS National Entrance Test, or have applied, can check the process here. It is important to know what you will face, and which hurdles to cross, to finally get a seat in the coveted TISS.
Courses Offered: Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (M.Sc), B.Ed-M.Ed Integrated.
Broadly, there are two (2) stages in the selection to TISS masters programs. They are:
- TISS NET 2021: National Entrance Test
- TISS PAT 2021: Programme Aptitude Test, along with TISS OPI (Online Personal Interview)
Level 1: TISS NET 2021
Anyone and everyone who applies to TISSNET 2021 / TISS Masters admission 2021-22, will have to appear in the TISS National Entrance Test. Here are the key points on it.
- TISSNET 2021 is compulsory for all candidates.
- This will be a screening exam.
- It is a computer based test.
- The test will be of 100 minutes.
- There will be 100 MCQs.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for next level on the basis of their performance in TISS-NET exam 2021.
- No reservation rules apply to this level.
Level 2: TISS PAT 2021
(A) TISS PAT 2021
All candidates who qualify TISS NET 2021 will appear in TISS PAT 2021. Details of the level are as follows.
- TISS PAT is for each program.
- The test will be of 45 minutes.
- Those who select one program have to appear in one test of 45 minutes.
- Those who select two programs have to appear in PAT of 90 minutes.
- And those who select three programs have to appear in PAT of 135 minutes.
(On the day of release of TISSNET 2021 application form, TISS said that they will release more details of TISS PAT 2021 in some time. Candidates can check tiss.edu regularly for updates on this new exam).
(A) (for HRM& LR, ODCL) TISS MAT 2021
The TISS PAT 2021 for candidates who opt for HRM & LR, and ODCL programs has been named as TISS MAT 2021. The details are as follows.
- TISS MAT 2021 is only for those who opt for TISS MA HRM LR (Human Resource Management & Labour Relations), and TISS MA ODCL (Organisation Development, Change and Leadership).
- The exam will be of 45 minutes.
- This test will have MCQs.
- TISS MAT 2021 will be of 50 marks.
(B) TISS OPI 2021
This is the Online Personal Interview. It will happen after TISS NET 2021, and TISS PAT / MAT 2021. Details of the same are as follows.
- TISS will do OPI separately for each program.
- The schedule for OPI will be announced once shortlisted candidates list is out.
Weightage and Marks for Each Level in TISSNET 2021
|Level||Exam / Process||Marks and Weightage|
|Stage I||TISS-NET||100 marks|
|Stage II (A)||TISS-MAT or TISS-PAT||50 marks|
|Stage II (B)||OPI||100 marks|
TISSNET 2021 Merit List Preparation (TISS Admission Merit List Preparation)
Referring to this as TISSNET 2021 merit list preparation would be a misnomer, coz technically the selection is on the basis of all levels, and not just TISSNET. Anywho, the process is as follows.
OML: Open (Unreserved) Merit List – This list is as per aggregate mark of candidate in a specific program. There is no consideration of reservation in this.
CML: Category wise Merit List – This list is for each category, as per reservation norms.
Tie Breaking – In case of a tie, the tie breaking happens in this order:
- Final score
- OPI mark
- TISS PAT or TISS MAT marks
- TISS NET marks
Merit lists will be of types final, and wait list. Choice preferences are taken at the time of filling up of TISSNET 2021 application form.
If you have any queries on TISSNET 2021 selection procedure, then please ask in comments below.
Official website: tiss.edu.