|Details - TISSNET 2021, Analysis, Answer Key, Question Paper, Result, Login, Cut Off, Selection|
|Pre-Exam details: Eligibility, Application Form, Admit Card|
|Preparation - GK, Books, Syllabus, Previous Year Question Papers|
TISSNET 2021 GK Preparation is must be taken seriously as this is the “do or die” section in the exam. It is the only section in TISSNET 2021 out of all the 3, that requires a minimum marks to pass. Not only that, the candidates not qualifying the GK section cannot qualify TISSNET. The minimum prescribed marks in this section are 35% for the Gen, EWS, KM, AF category candidates, and 30% marks for the OBC (NC), PWD candidates. However, the SC / ST candidates are excluded from the cutoff requirements.
Therefore, the candidates have to give more weightage to the GK section while preparing for TISSNET 2021. Here is how to prepare for TISSNET GK:
TISSNET 2021 GK Preparation
Why is GK given so much weightage in TISSNET 2021?
This is because unlike the MBA entrance exams, TISSNET is held for admission in MA courses offered by TISS. The GK section in TISSNET is important as this section is aimed at assessing awareness about current affairs, developmental, and socio-political issues. These are the topics that the candidates must have keen knowledge of to take admission in The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS). Thus, the GK section is given more importance in TISSNET out of all the 3 sections.
General Awareness (GA) / General Knowledge (GK) section is overlooked by the candidates in most of the other entrance exams. However, TISSNET does not allow you to do so. Therefore a good preparation strategy for TISSNET 2021 GK section is given here to help you out.
TISSNET 2021 GK Preparation Tip #1 – Know the Syllabus
So the syllabus is one of the first things to be noted for GK. General Knowledge is limitless. There is so much to know about the world around us, therefore it is important to know what to study for TISSNET 2021 GK. TISS has prescribed the syllabus for TISSNET 2021 GK section, and hence the problem is solved here. We are listing the topics as prescribed by TISS for the GK section below:
- Social Studies
- Science & Technology
- Art & Culture
- Indian History
These are the topics that the candidates must gather general knowledge about for TISSNET 2021.
TISSNET 2021 GK Preparation Tip #2 – Important Topics
The candidates need to focus on the topics that are from static GK and current GK as well for TISSNET GK section preparation. Here are the important topics:
|Important Topics for Static GK||Important Topics for Current GK|
|History||State and Central Government Project|
|Geography||National and International news|
|Indian Polity||Government schemes|
|Indian Economy||Important meeting and summits|
|Miscellaneous||Films and awards|
|Indian Culture||Latest Science and Technology Developments|
TISSNET 2021 GK Preparation Tip #3 – Resources
General knowledge is everywhere. The candidates can learn about all the topics in TISSNET GK syllabus from many sources. But here are the best ones for you:
- Manorama yearbook or other yearly / monthly general awareness magazines
- GK mock tests
- TISSNET previous year GK questions
- Online alerts
These are some of the sources that can update you about the general knowledge as well as the current affairs all around the nation.
TISSNET 2021 GK Preparation Tip #4 – Some Important Books, Magazines, and Newspapers
To held you out in a better way, we are giving below names and links of some good books, magazines and newspapers to follow for TISSNET GK preparations:
Books for TISSNET 2021 GK preparations:
|Book name||Buying link|
|Manorama Yearbook||Buy here|
|General Knowledge Digest||Buy here|
|Chandresh Agrawal’s Study Package book on TISSNET||Buy here|
|Wiley’s ExamXpert GK and Issues of Social Concern – IRMA & TISS – NET||Buy here|
Magazines for TISSNET 2021 GK preparations:
- Yojana – This magazine deals with socio-economic issues, which are significant from the Indian perspective.
- Kurukshetra – Kurukshetra is a monthly journal published by the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India. It solely deals with Rural Development.
- Economic and Political Weekly – This magazine covers economic issues, but it is a multidisciplinary publication covering sociology, political science, history, and environmental studies.
Newspapers that can be referred: The Hindu, Times of India, Economic Times, Financial Express
TISSNET 2021 GK Preparation Tip #5 – Know the Target
Not only the GK section has the cutoff marks, but it is also the section with maximum weightage, the marks distribution can be checked below:
|Section||No. of Qs||Marks|
|Mathematical Skills and Logical Reasoning||30||30|
Sectional cutoff for the GA section is as follows:
- 35% (14 / 40 Marks) for Gen, EWS, KM, and AF
- 30% (12 / 40 Marks) for OBC (NC) and PWD
- No Sectional Cut off for SC / ST
Target: Thus the Gen, EWS, KM, and AF candidates have to score more than 14 marks and the OBC (NC) and PWD have to score more than 12 marks to qualify in the exam.
GK Questions asked in TISSNET in the Past Years
To get an idea of what sort of questions come in the GK section, we are giving below the past year questions that have been asked in this section:
1. The ozone layer is found in ____________________.
c. Stratosphere – ✓
d. Earth crust
2. The Sachar committee was formed in 2005 to report on the social, economic, and educational conditions of _________________________.
d. Muslims – ✓
3. Which is a regenerative organ in human body?
c. Lever – ✓
4. Dipa Karmakar is an Indian sportswoman associated with the following sport:-
a. Gymnastics – ✓
5. Voices Against 377 is a movement that addresses issues around:-
b. Acid attack victims
c. Homosexuality – ✓
6. Ottan Thullal and Chakyar koothu are folk dances of which particular Indian State?
b. Tamil Nadu
c. Kerala – ✓
7. BCG vaccine is commonly given to infants to immunize them against which particular disease?
d. Tuberculosis – ✓
8. The Biological Diversity Authority Act 2002 was essentially enacted to protect Indian agriculture but the ambit of the act essentially includes all, EXCEPT:-
a. Traditional uses of Indian biological resources and associated knowledge when used in collaborative research projects with government approval – ✓
b. Commercial use of Indian Biological resources and associated knowledge
c. Bio-survey and Bio-utilisation
d. Transfer or research results and application for Intellectual Property Rights
9. “Boko Haram” an Islamic extremist group is based in this African country and carried out mass abductions including the kidnapping of 276 schoolgirls in April 2014. Which African country is it based in?
d. Nigeria – ✓
10. The MUDRA Bank (Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency) was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently. What is the aim of this financial institution?
a. To detect duplicate currency and to print better quality currency notes
b. To invite international business in India to increase FDI
c. To provide financing to small entrepreneurs – ✓
d. To keep an eye on illegal money transactions and to bring ‘black money’ back in India
Here are some questions ad topics for TISSNET 2021 GK sections:
Analysis of TISSNET GK Section From the Past Year
In TISSNET GK the candidates get to face 2 types of GK questions:
- Static GK
- Current affairs
In the last year, here are the topics form static and current GK that came in the paper:
|Static GK||No. of Qs||Current GK||No. of Qs|
|Important Organisations||1||Science and Technology||1|
|Indian Geography||2||Important World News||3|
|Census||1||State and Central Government Projects||3|
|Science and Technology||2||Government Schemes||2|
|Finance and Economy||2||National News||4|
|Important Books, Author, Person, Movie||3||Miscellaneous||3|
For more details check the video below:
Tata Institute of Social Sciences conducts the Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test. It is a national level examination. All the interested and eligible candidates are required to register for appearing to TISSNET 2021 and then they can download their admit card to appear for the test as per the given schedule. The language of the paper will be English. TISSNET 2021 is a Computer Based Test. There are a total of 3 sections in TISSNET 2021. After the TISSNET 2021 examination TISS releases a merit list with the names of all the selected candidates. All the qualified candidates are required to complete the admission process and appear for the seat allotment round.