|Details - TANCET 2021, Result, Login, Registration, Application Form Status, Admit Card, Answer Key, Analysis, Counselling|
|Preparation - Syllabus, Past Year Question Papers|
TANCET 2021 – Anna University (AU), Chennai, has declared TANCET result 2021 and released score card at tancet.annauniv.edu. Anna University was conducted the TANCET 2021 exam on 20, and 21 March. Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) is the state-level common entrance test to offer admission in MBA, MCA, M.E., M.Tech., M.Arch., and M.Plan. Upon qualifying the entrance test, candidates are eligible to seek admission in Anna University, Annamalai University, govt and govt aided colleges, self-financing colleges under govt quota offering the courses. Get here all the latest updates on TANCET 2021 exam date, registration, syllabus, admit card, answer key, result.
TANCET 2021 Exam Date and other important dates
Anna University has published the complete schedule for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. It is as follows.
|TANCET 2021||Important Dates|
|Registration begins on||19 Jan 2021 (10.00 am)|
|Registration ends on||16 Feb 2021 (05.00 pm)|
|Displaying the status of the application||23 Feb 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||5 Mar 2021|
|TANCET 2021 Exam||20 Mar 2021 (for MCA and MBA courses)21 Mar 2021 (for M.E./ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan)|
|Declaration of Result||01 Apr 2021|
|Availability of Marksheet on||08 Apr 2021|
|Counseling starts from||May 2021|
The schedule of TANCET 2021 examination for all the courses is as follows:
|TANCET Course||Exam Date||Exam Time|
|MCA||20 Mar 2021||10.00 am to 12.00 noon|
|MBA||20 Mar 2021||02.30 pm To 04.30 pm|
|M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan||21 Mar 2021||10.00 am to 12.00 noon|
After the exam, you can check TANCET 2021 answer key.
TANCET 2021 Result
Check TANCET 2021 Result is out now
The result of TANCET 2021 is declared online mode on its official website tancet.annauniv.edu. Candidates who appeared in the exam are required to enter login details to get results. After the result will be declared candidates will be able to download the scorecard within 10 days of result declaration. The scorecard should be produced at the time of admission, so the candidate must keep it safe.
In case the scorecard is lost, a candidate can obtain a duplicate scorecard on payment of 100/- in the form of a Demand Draft, with a written request to
The Secretary (TANCET),
Anna University, Chennai – 600 025.
It is important to draw the DD in favor of “The Secretary (TANCET), Anna University” payable at Chennai.
The scorecard will consist of the following information
- Overall marks
- Sectional marks
- Percentile score
The rank list will be released selecting the qualified candidates for the further admission process.
TANCET 2021 Counselling
The counseling of TANCET is called as TANCA. During the counselling, candidates are allocated seat in the course and college on the basis of rank secured in the exam. Selected candidates get a call letter for the counselling, in which details are mentioned.
The list of documents needed during the counselling of TANCET 2021 are as follows:
- TANCET Scorecard
- Class 10th Mark sheet
- Graduation Mark sheet
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Address proof
- Requisite fee in form of DD or cash
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Passport size photographs, etc.
TANCET 2021 Answer Key
Check TANCET answer key 2021 after exam.
After the examination, the answer keys will be available on the official website at tancet.annauniv.edu. The answer key is published in the form of pdfs. The candidates can calculate their probable marks using the answer keys, and a candidate copy of the OMR sheet. To do so, add 1 mark for correct answer and deduct marks as per negative marking.
Candidates will get a chance to raise objections/ suggest suggestions to the answers. In case they don’t satisfied with any answer, they will be able to submit suggestions or file objections against the answer key in case of mistakes in the answer key. After the suggestions will be considered by Anna University, the final answer key will be released.
Via TANCET, admission is granted to MBA, MCA, M.E, M.TECH, M.Arch., M.Plan following type of colleges which are in the state of Tamil Nadu.
- University Departments of Anna University
- Annamalai University.
- Government & Government Aided Engineering Colleges and Arts & Science Colleges.
- Self-financing Colleges under Government Quota and seats voluntarily surrendered by the Self-financing
- Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- Other Universities functioning under the state Act in Tamil Nadu and self-financing colleges
Number of Applications Received in TANCET 2021
Anna University has received a total of 38,858 application forms for TANCET 2021.
Recommended: TANCET Previous Year Question Papers PDF
TANCET 2021 Hall Ticket – Released on 05 March
The hall ticket of TANCET 2021 is made available for download at tancet.annauniv.edu on March 5, 2021.
Only registered and eligible candidates can able to download the admit card using the login credentials.
- Candidates shall not receive admit card via any offline mode.
- In the TANCET admit card, a “registration number” is mentioned. It is a unique number and is important. Candidates need to enter it in the admission application form. So, keep the admit card safe.
- Candidates must carry hall ticket at the time of the entrance exam.
- If the hall ticket is lost, then the candidates can request for a duplicate hall ticket. To obtain it, candidates need to pay Rs. 100.
- To get a duplicate hall ticket, payment can be made via Demand Draft It has to be written to The Secretary (TANCET), Anna University, Chennai – 600 025. Make sure to mention Registration No. / Application No. and the name of the exam center in it.
- In case any detail in the admit card is incorrect, candidates must contact the officials to rectify the details before the exam.
The candidates can reach out to the examination authority for seeking any help in regards to the examination. Candidates need to visit the Chennai center in person at the given address: Chennai Centre for Entrance Examinations, Anna University, Chennai – 25.
TANCET 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam will be held in pen and paper mode. The duration of the entrance test is 2 hours. For each correct answer, candidates get 1 mark and for each incorrect answer negative marking of 1/3 mark is done. For multiple shading, negative marking is applicable.
Note: Candidates can get TANCET 2020 question booklet from the Centre for Entrance Examinations. To get it, candidates need to pay Rs.25. The amount can be paid via by DD or cash). To get the question booklet via post, contact the centre through phone.
Exam Pattern for MCA / MBA Courses
|Courses||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Exam Pattern for M.E. / M.Tech / M.Plan / M.Arch Courses
|Sections||Number of Ques.||Max. Marks|
TANCET 2021 Syllabus
Candidates can check the syllabus of TANCET 2021 from here.
For M.E./M.Arch./Plan/M.Tech: For Section 1 the topics will be from Engineering Mathematics. It will be related to
- Calculus and Differential Equations
- Vector Calculus
- Numerical Methods
- Applied Probability.
In section 2, topics will be based on Basic Engineering and Sciences. In section 3, topics will be from various specialized subjects.
For MBA Programme: The questions in the paper will be included for testing the candidate’s ability & skills. Various sections will:
- Quantitative Ability
- Logical reasoning
- English Comprehension
For MCA Programme: The questions will be asked from
- Analytic Reasoning
- Quantitative Ability
- Computer Awareness
- Logical Reasoning
TANCET 2021 Application Form Status
The application form status for TANCET 2021 will be released on February 23, 2021, at tancet.annauniv.edu. Check here.
Anna University displays the final status of a candidate’s application form in their status. All candidates who have applied for the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test can check their final status by logging in with email id and password, at the status check link.
TANCET 2021 Application Form
The application form for TANCET 2021 was released in online mode from January 19, 2021, at tancet.annauniv.edu. Check here.
To fill the application form, candidates need to visit the website and click on “TANCET Registration” link. Few things that candidates need to keep in mind while applying are as follows:
- While registering, use authentic e-mail id and mobile number.
- Candidates must remember their registered email, registered mobile number and the password until the end of the registration process.
- Also, do make sure that all the details entered in the application form are authentic. At the end of filling the application form, the systems asks if the details are correct. Before the final submit, candidates should cross check details and ensure it is all correct.
- SC/ST/SCA candidates who wish to avail fee concession need to upload community certificates.
- If at the end of the application process candidates can take out printout then the registration has been successful.
- If candidates cannot take out printout then they must check the application status.
- Candidates who wish to apply for two courses in TANCET need not fill the separate application form. Candidates can apply for two examinations with a single application,.
- To apply for 2 courses, candidates just need to use the Status Check & Additional Examination link
- After adding the details of the second examination please take a fresh printout of the application form.
Availing of the fee concession
On submission of the details, candidates are redirected to the payment gateway. There, candidates belonging to SC/ST/SCA categories from Tamilnadu can opt for fee concession. To do so, candidates have to upload the community certificate(mandatory), otherwise they can opt-out skip option.
Application Fee: The amount of TANCET 2021 application fee is as given below. Candidates can pay it via debit/ credit card/ net banking.
- General category candidates have to pay Rs. 600/- as application fee.
- ST/ SC/ SCA category candidates have to pay Rs. 300/- to submit the form.
Eligibility Criteria for TANCET 2021
To apply for the examination, the candidates should meet the eligibility criteria laid down by Anna university.
Nationality: Only Indian citizens can apply.
State Candidates: Other state candidates will be also eligible to apply if they fulfill the required qualification.
GATE Score: Those who have GATE Scores can directly apply for admission without appearing for an entrance exam. However, candidates with valid scores in Engineering Science & Life Sciences have to appear for a test to get admission.
Education Qualification: Candidates must fulfill the following education criteria for TANCET 2021.
Note: The candidates who are in their final year/ semester of bachelor’s degree, are also eligible for the test.
|M.E. /M.Tech /M. Arch /M. Plan||A. 3 year Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks (45% for reserved category). The degree can be in: |
B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. Degree Programmes
B.Pharm. Degree Programmes
Master’s Degree in the relevant branch of Science / Arts
B. 10 + 2 + AMIE
10 + 3 years diploma
|MBA||3 year Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks (45% for reserved category) in:|
10 + 2 + 3 / 4 /5 years pattern
10 + 3 years Diploma +3 years pattern
B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. / B.Pharm
10 + 2 + AMIE
10 + 3 years diploma
|MCA||3 year Bachelor’s degree in B.C.A. or B.Sc.|
3 year Bachelor’s degree in any disciple, except from the 2 mentioned above, with Maths at 10+2 level
Graduation degree with 50 % (45 % for reserved category) in the qualifyingdegree examinations, which can be:
10 + 2 + 3 / 4 / 5 years Pattern10 + 3 years Diploma + 3 years Pattern 10 + 2 + AMIE10 + 3 years diploma
- To check the discipline wise eligibility in AU affiliated colleges click here
Category Definitions For M.E., M.Tech., M.Arch., M.Plan.
Apart from the eligibility criteria, candidates must also know the categories for TANCET 2021. So basically there are 3 category of TANCET for M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. aspirants. These are:
1. GATE Category: Those who have a valid GATE score for any of the year 2019, 2020, 2021 need not appear for TANCET. But note that candidates who have a GATE score in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) papers have to appear for TANCET 2021 also.
2. TANCET Category: Under this category those candidates are included who have not taken the GATE paper and shall be appearing for TANCET 2021.
3. Sponsored Category (Admission only in University Departments of Anna University,
Under this category, the candidates employed and sponsored by the Government Organisations and Government Aided Educational Institutions will be put. Such candidates will be provided admission into CEG, ACT, SAP, and MIT Campuses of Anna University. Such candidates are required to appear to TANCET 2021 to seek admission.
TANCET 2021 Exam Centers
Anna University will conduct the test in the following cities.
Post: The Secretary (TANCET)
Centre for Entrance Examinations
Anna University, Chennai 600025
Phone: +91-44-22358289 (call between 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM on working days)
For complete information of TANCET 2021, refer the following documents.
If you have any queries on TANCET 2021, then please ask in comments below.