SOFT CET 2022 Syllabus – To bag good marks in the examination, candidates should be well aware of the SOFT CET 2022 syllabus and its important topics. School of Fashion Technology (SOFT), conducts SOFT CAT 2022, in computer based mode. By having a thorough knowledge of the syllabus, candidates get to know about the chapters, units, topics, subtopics, important sections, etc. The SOFT CAT will comprise of sections like creative ability, verbal and non-verbal reasoning, analytical ability, and Quantitative aptitude. Read the full article below to know more about SOFT CET Syllabus.
SOFT CET 2022 Syllabus
Download Here – Candidates can download SOFT CET 2022 syllabus as per schedule from soft.ac.in.
Important Topics for SOFT CET 2022 Syllabus
Below we have provided the syllabus of SOFT CAT subject-wise as per the last year. Candidates can check for the same from below.
Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
The topics from the syllabus of quantitative aptitude are :
- Ratio and proportion
- Percentage and its application
- Geometry and its application
- Number and its application
Syllabus for Analytical Ability
Given below are the topics from the syllabus of analytical ability:
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Data Structures
- Calenders and clock
Syllabus for Verbal/Non-verbal Reasoning
The following topics are to be studied for verbal and non-verbal reasoning.
- Sequence Puzzles
- Mathematical Operations
- Verification of True Statement
- Assertion & Reason
- Series Completion
- Direction Sense Test
- Cause & Effect Reasoning
- Arithmetic Reasoning
- Theme Detection
- Statement Assumptions
- Inserting the Missing Character
- Logical Venn Diagram
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Construction of Squares & Triangles
- Mirror and Water Images
- Rule Detection
- Completing Incomplete Pattern
- Cubes and Dice
- Paper Folding
Syllabus for Creative Ability
For the Creative Ability section, candidates will be judged on their capabilities to generate new designs, and illustrations, and creativity skills.
SOFT CET 2022 Exam Pattern
In order to prepare well for the exam, it is important to be well aware of the SOFT CET exam pattern. Knowing the exam pattern helps in understanding the duration of the exam, no. of questions, types of questions, distribution of marks in each section, total no. of marks, etc. Check the exam pattern for the SOFT CET from below.
- Examination Name: School of Fashion Technology Common Entrance Test (SOFT CET)
- Mode of the exam: The examination will be held in online mode only.
- Medium of the exam: The medium of the CET is english.
- Duration of the exam : The CET will be of 2 hours and 30 mins.
- Total No. of Questions: A total of 60 questions will be asked in the CET.
- Total No. of Sections: There will be total of four sections in the exam.
Distribution of Marks in SOFT CET 2022 Syllabus
The below table shows the number of questions and marks for each section for SOFT CAT. Candidates can check the subject-wise distribution of marks and the number of questions in each section.
|S.No.||Sections||No. of Ques.||Marks|
|3.||Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||15||15|
Important Books for SOFT CET 2022
The exam pattern of the SOFT CAT will be similar to that of the other exams of the national and state level. The question in this test is designed to check the creative ability and design-related skills of the candidates. At times, candidates get confused about the selection of the books that they should refer to for the preparation. There are no separate books that they need to search or select for this. Given below are some of the reference books for SOFT CAT that candidates may take help from.
|Books and Author Name||Links|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning by A K Gupta||Buy Here|
|Objective Mathematics by R.D. Sharma||Buy Here|
|Objective General English by R.S. Agrawal||Buy Here|
|Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey||Buy Here|
How to Prepare for SOFT CET 2022 Syllabus?
Knowing the syllabus alone is not enough. For scoring good marks, it is important to have proper planning for preparation. Some of the tips are given below that may help the students to score well.
- Thourough knowledge of Syllabus: Candidates must be well versed with the syllabus of the exam they are planning to appear for. A good knowledge of syllabus makes the preparation part much easier.
- Making a schedule: It is essential to have a good time table in order to have a effective preparation. By making time table, the candidates are able to grant equal amount of time to each topics and section.
- Focus on the important topics: The candidates should concentrate more on the important topics of the SOFT CAT that will help them fetch them good marks in the exam.
- Solving Mock Test and Previous Year Paper: The mock test are replica of how the actual exam will be conducted. By solving the mock test, one gets to know how the actual exam will be conducted. Likewise, the previous year question papers are aslo key to good preparation. While solving the previous year qusetion papers, candidates also get to know about th level of their preparation and how much they need to improve more.
- Be aware of the current happening: The SOFT CAT also judges the knowledge reagrding the curent affairs. Therefore, it is highly advisable to the candidates that they should be updated about the current happenings on the daily basis. This will help them in fetching good marks.
About SOFT CET
School of Fashion Technology (SOFT) is a university-level exam that gives admission to candidates into its various courses of UG, PG, and Diploma courses. SOFT, Pune is a notable fashion institute assisted technically by the National Institute Of Fashion Technology (NIFT). The origins of the Maharishi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha (MKSSS) School of Fashion Technology, Pune dates back to the year 1988. Candidates are allotted seats on the basis of the merit.
FAQs on SOFT CET Syllabus 2022
Ans. Passed BDes from any UGC recognized University or its equivalent specialized in Fashion Design, Fashion Communication, Textile Design, Jewellery Design, Graphic Design, etc.
Ans. The syllabus for SOFT will be released by the authorities on the official website.
Ans. SOFT CAT judges candidates based on their creative ability and design-related skills.