SCERT Assam 2022 – The State Council of Education Research and Training, Assam (SCERT) organizes the Pre Elementary Test (PET). It is a state-level education entrance examination conducted to offer admission in the 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education course. Candidates willing to take part in the exam will have to fill the application form for the same on the official website, scertassam.co.in. Candidates who qualify for the entrance exam have to appear for the counseling session further. The Assam PER will be organized in the month of June 2022. Scroll down below to know more about the application form, eligibility criteria, admit card, exam pattern, important dates, etc.
SCERT Assam 2022
The SCERT Assam PET is an offline exam and the question will be asked in MCQ type.
SCERT PET 2022 Overview
|Name of the exam||SCERT Assam PET 2022|
|Conducting Body||State Council of Education Research and Training|
|Level Of Exam||State-level exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Offline (pen and paper)|
|Type of question||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Total No. of questions||100|
Assam SCERT Important Dates 2022
In the table below, for the help of candidates, we have provided the tentative dates for the events of Assam SCERT. The actual dates will be updated here, as soon as the authorities will announce them.
|Application Form Starting Date||1st week of May 2022|
|Last Date to Fill the Application Form||4th week of May 2022|
|Admit Card Releasing Date||4th week of 2022|
|Examination Date||June 2022|
|Result Declaration Date||To Be Announced|
|Counselling Starting Date||To Be Announced|
Assam SCERT Application Form 2022
The Assam PET application Form 2022 can be filled in online mode only, on the official website. Candidates should be well aware of the events and important dates related to the whole process. The application fee for the Assam PET will be 400/-. The steps to follow the application process are as follows:
Step 1: Visit the official website, scertasaam.co.in.
Step 2: On visiting the official website, find the link to fill the application form for Assam PET and click on it.
Step 3: On clicking on it, a page will pop up, where you need to read all the instructions before filling up the application form.
Step 4: After reading all the instructions, you may find an Apply Now button. Click on it.
Step 5: After clicking on it, now the application form will appear in front of you. Here, you need to fill in details like name, father/mother name, gender, address, email id, contact details, etc.
Step 6:After filling in all the details, enter the educational details and select the exam center.
Step 7: In the next step you need to upload the scanned photograph and signature.
Step 8: Next, verify and check all the details entered by you. Click on the ‘Confirm Application’ button after verifying all the details.
Step 9: After confirming and filling the application form a message of confirmation will appear in front of you.
Step 10: Lastly, click on the ‘confirm payment’ button and pay the application fee.
Assam SCERT Eligibility Criteria 2022
The candidates need to qualify for some eligibility criteria in order to apply for Assam PET 2022. Some of the eligibility criteria as set by the authorities are:
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have scored 50% of marks (45% in case of SC/ST category candidates) in their 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Residence: Applicant must be Indian National and a permanent resident of Assam.
- Age: The candidate should be 18 years of age and should not be more than 34 years (36 years in case of SC/ST category) as on July 01, 2021.
Assam SCERT Syllabus 2022
The Assam PET syllabus 2022 will have two sections majorly:
|Section – I||Section – II|
|General English||General Mathematics|
|General Knowledge||General Science & EVS|
|Language (Assamese / Bangla / Bodo)|
Find the detailed syllabus of each section below:
Syllabus for English
Syllabus for General Knowledge:
- Current affairs
- Who is who
- The constitution of India
- History of Assam
- Inventions and discoveries
- Art and culture
- Every day Science
- World Organizations
- Geography of India
- Educational Commissions and Committees,
- New Educational Initiatives
- Educational Organizations
Syllabus for Reasoning:
The sections to be covered in reasoning are:
- Logical and analytical reasoning
Syllabus for Mathematics:
- Numbers: Natural, Whole, even, and odd numbers, prime and composite numbers, place
value, four fundamental operations of number, factors, and multiples, prime factors, LCM and
HCF, ascending and descending order.
- Fractions : Concept of fraction and its uses.
- Percentage : Concept of percentage, solving problems involving percentage, profit, and loss.
Money: Concept of money, solving problems involving money.
- Geometry: Angles, types of angles, types of triangle, types of quadrilateral, circle.
- Measurement : Length, area, volume, and perimeter of different geometrical figures,
- Measurement of weight and time.
- Data handling: Representation of data, Bar diagram, Pie diagram.
- Square & square root: Concept of square root, solving problems involving square root.
- Ratio and proportion
- Simple algebraic equation
Syllabus for General Science & EVS
- Natural and Social Environment
- Factors influencing the environment.
- Causes of environmental degradation: Air, water, sound, and soil pollution.
- Environmental Issues: Flood, erosion, earthquake, deforestation, population explosion.
- Environmental protection- Constitutional provision, Protection Acts, Role of individual and
- local bodies, NGOs, and Government.
- Different states and characteristics of matter, physical and chemical change,
- Chemical reaction,
- Force, energy, motion
- Cell–Plant and animal cell, structures
- Adaptation in plants, reproduction in plants
- Heat and temperature, measurement of temperature
- Acid, Bases, and Salt
- Light and Reflections
- Weather and climate
- Respiration in organisms and in plants
Syllabus for science:
- Natural and human resources
- The atmosphere and its different layers
- The freedom movement of India and the role of India
- Constitution of India and its importance
- Democracy and its principles
- Rise and fall of Ahom kingdom
- Ancient urban civilization
- Government: State and Central
- Earth and its structure
- Consumer protection and right
- Role of financial institutions in the socio-economic development of the society
- Transport and communication
- Agricultural and Industrial development
- India after independence
- Contribution of medieval administrators on socio-economic development in Assam
Syllabus for Language:
- Objectives of Language learning
- Importance of language learning
- Application of phrases and idioms
- Skills of language learning (listening, speaking, reading and writing skill).
- Methods of language teaching
- Difference between home language and mother tongue
- Suffix, prefix, gender, coalescence of two words according to rules of grammar(sandhi)
- The verb and number (singular and plural)
- Reading Comprehension Test
- Nattabidhi , Sattabidhi
Assam SCERT Exam Pattern 2022
Candidates planning to appear for Assam PET must be thorough with Assam SCERT Exam Pattern 2022. Find below the exam pattern for Assam PET:
- Exam Duration: Assam PET will be of two hours.
- Mode of exam: The exam will be held in offline mode.
- Number of questions: A total of 100 question will be asked in the exam.
- Type of questions: The question will be asked in Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
- Sections:There shall be two sections in the PET exam.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will be given 01 mark for every correct answer and 0.25 mark is deducted for every incorrect answer. If more than one response is marked by the candidate, it will be treated as incorrect response and hence 0.25 marks shall be deducted.
The section-wise distribution of marks is as follows:
|General English||10 marks|
|General Knowledge||15 marks|
|General Mathematics||15 marks|
|General Science & EVS||15 marks|
|Social Science||20 marks|
|Language (Assamese/Bangla/Bodo)||15 marks|
Assam SCERT Admit Card 2022
The SCERT Assam admit card 2022 will be released by scertassam.co.in. The admit card will be available to students who successfully fill and submit the application form. Keep in mind that it is important to carry the admit card to the exam center as candidates shall be allowed entry without it. The admit card shall carry the name, roll number, exam date and time, venue address, photograph and address, exam day guidelines, etc. Along with the admit card, one valid id proof is also needed to be taken to the exam center. The steps to download the admit card are as follows:
- Visit the official website, scertassam.co.in.
- On the home page of the website, you will see the link to download the admit card for Assam SCERT PET 2022.
- Click on the link.
- After clicking on it, you shall be redirected to the page whwre you need to login to downlaod the admit card for Assam PET 2022.
- On this login page, you need to enter the login credentials that will be created at the time of filing the application form.
- After entering the loging deatils, the admit card shall appear on the screen.
- You can now download the admit card and keep it safe with you.
Important Books for SCERT Assam PET 2022
It is very important to prepare well for the exam and take into consideration some of the good books and study material available. Listed below are some of the books that the candidates can refer to for preparing for Assam SCERT PET 2022.
|Environmental Studies (EVS) Exam||Buy Here|
|General Knowledge 2022||Buy Here|
|Objective General English||Buy Here|
|Shortcuts in Reasoning||Buy Here|
|Magbook General Science 2021||Buy Here|
|Rapid Environmental Studies English medium Book for All teaching Exams||Buy Here|
|Objective English for General Competitive Examinations| Seventh Edition| By Pearson||Buy Here|
|General Knowledge||Buy Here|
|A Modern Approach To Logical Reasoning (2 Colour Edition)||Buy Here|
SCERT Assam Answer Key 2022
Once the exam will be completed, the answer key for the SCERT Assam PET will be released on the official website. Using the Assam PET exam answer key and solutions, candidates can analyze their answers and calculate their probable marks for the PET exam.
SCERT Assam Result 2022
After the completion of the exam, the official authorities will announce the SCERT Asam result 2022 on its official website. The result will be announced in the form of a scorecard and can be downloaded in PDF format. SCERT Assam releases the merit list of candidates who have qualified for the Counselling. Candidates who qualify for the exam will have to appear for the counseling process. The result will display name, roll number, category, course, section-wise marks, and overall scores.
SCERT Assam Counseling 2022
Candidates who clear the exam will have to appear for the counseling rounds. Candidates who will have their name on the merit list will be eligible to take part in the counseling. The counseling will be held in online mode. Candidates will have to carry a mark sheet and pass certificate of 10th and 12th PG/Graduation, age proof certificate, caste certificate, testimonials in original
SCERT Assam 2022 Test Centers
The PET exam will be held at the following test centers:
- Karbi Anglong
- Dima Hasao
SCERT Assam Course Fee Details 2022
The fee information related to the Assam SCERT course fee is provided below. Candidates can check the Assam D.El.Ed fee structure 2022. The same shall be provided in the official brochure. Candidates can check it from there.
|Fee to be paid for||Fee charges|
|Admission fee||Rs.50/- to be paid at the time of admission.|
|Monthly fee||Rs.50/- to be paid monthly by 10th of each month.|
|Examination fee||Rs.800/- per semester. To be paid at the beginning of each of the 4 (four) semesters.|
|Electricity charges & others||Rs.35/- per month for the candidates staying in the hostel.25/- per month for the candidates staying outside|
About SCERT Assam 2022
Assam PET is organized by SCERT Assam. It is a state-level exam organized to give admission into a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education course. The exam will be conducted in an offline mode. The exam will be organized in the month of June 2022. Only the permanent residents of Assam states can take part in Assam SCERT PET.
FAQs On Assam SCERT
Ans. Assam SCERT is a state-level exam organized to give admission into a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education course.
Ans, Assam SCERT is expected to take place in the month of June 2022.
Ans. The application fee for SCERT is 400 for all categories.
Ans. The Assam SCERT will be held in offline, pen and paper mode.
Ans. The question will be asked in MCQ type.