PU MET 2022 – Panjab University conducts Panjab University Management Entrance Test (PU MET) 2022 for those candidates who want to seek admission in MBA programs at UIAMS or University Institute of Applied Management Sciences. This management entrance test is conducted as an offline test. This examination is conducted yearly at the University Level. The time duration is 120 minutes of this examination. The candidate needs to give an answer to a total number of 200 questions. All questions of this examination are multiple-choice (MCQ) based. Check out the full article to know all the details about the PU MET exam syllabus 2022.
PU MET 2022
Candidates who want to apply for PU MET 2022 must know all the important dates. PU MET 2022 examination date has not been released yet. According to the previous year, we are providing the expected dates on this page below.
|PU MET 2022||Dates|
|Online application starting date||4th Week of Feb 2022|
|Last date to Register||2nd Week of Jul 2022|
|Last date of payment in any branch of State bank of India using |
website generated challan & via online
|3rd Week of Jul 2022|
|Last date to upload photograph & signature||3rd Week of Jul 2022|
|Last date for receiving of filled Application Form printout copy with the requisite documents (if any) at UIAMS by registered post/speed post or by hand||3rd Week of Jul 2022|
|Admit card Release||3rd Week of Jul 2022|
|Exam date||4th Week of Jul 2022|
|Result declaration||2nd Week of Aug 2022|
PU MET 2022 Overview
To know the complete details in minutes, you can have a look at the overview of the PUMET 2022 examination is as follows.
|Examination Name||Panjab University Management Entrance Test (PUMET)|
|University Name||Panjab University, Chandigarh|
|Type of questions||MCQ|
|No. of questions||110|
|Mode of exam||Offline mode|
|Duration of the exam||120 min|
PU MET 2022 Syllabus
PUMET examination is mainly based on six subjects which are General Knowledge, Economics and Business Environment Awareness, Data interpretation and problem solving, Numerical Ability, Verbal Ability/ Reasoning, and English Comprehension. We are provided below all the topics in the PUMET examination syllabus.
General Knowledge – Awards and winners, Economy, Science, Business, Government and Politics, Famous Personalities, Current affairs, History, Important happenings around the World, Geography, Static GK.
Data interpretation and problem solving – Table, Pie Chart, Bar Graph, Line Chart, Data Sufficiency.
Numerical Ability – Percentages and its applications, Numbers and its applications, Ratio and its applications, HCF & LCM, Time-Speed-Distance, Geometry, and its applications, Algebra, Percentages.
Verbal Ability/ Reasoning – Clocks and Calendars, Blood Relations, Coding-Decoding, Direction Sense, Data Structures, Puzzles, Series, Arrangements.
English – Grammar, Contextual usage, Vocabulary, Sentence correction, Reading Comprehension, Idioms, and Phrases, Para Completion and inference, Antonyms, and Synonyms.
Preparation Tips for PUMET 2022
Here we are providing some preparation tips for PUMET 2022 for your better improvement.
- At the beginning of the preparation, all the aspirants have to follow the proper time table. If you have a prepared schedule, you can easily achieve your goals.
- You have to explore the entire syllabus of PU MET 2022. Proper knowledge of the syllabus will help the students to study the right topics for the exam and also they will have an idea of what has to be studied for the exam.
- Its essential to start study to cover your entire program within a few days of the examination. If any aspirant start their study earlier, they will only have time for the review before the exam.
- You have to focus on your concepts of the examination. If your concepts are clear, you can easily solve the basic questions of the examination.
- Candidates should practice more and more sample papers and attend more mock test which will help the candidates to analyze their performances.
- You have to allot proper time for revision in your study plan. Otherwise there have chances that they may forget some small topics.
Exam Pattern of PUMET 2022
All the aspirants can check the PU MET 2022 exam pattern for the entrance exam mentioned below. The candidates are advised to keep visiting the page for the latest updates on the exam pattern. The examination will be in Pen and Paper mode only. The total duration is 120 Minutes (2 Hours) of this examination. A total 120 number of questions shall be asked in this examination. This examination is Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) based. In this examination, there will be 6 sections each consisting of 20 questions. 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer in this examination. This Examination’s language will be English medium.
PU MET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
All the aspirants have to check their PUMET 2022 eligibility criteria before filling the application form below.
MBA in Banking and Insurance Management (Retail Management):
- Must secure at least 50% marks in bachelor’s degree or master’s degree from Punjab University or any other recognized university for this course.
- Must have passed the final exam which is conducted by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or conducted by England.
- Must have passed AIME exam with 50% or more after passing the diploma with 60% marks.
- Should have 5 years of research / education or professional experience.
MBA in Hospital Management
- Must have passed MBBS / BAMS / BHMS / BDS / B. Pharmacy / BSc (Nursing) / BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy) from Punjab University or any other recognized University.
- You should get 50% marks for general and 45% marks for SC / ST / PwD / BC.
MBA in Infrastructural Management (IT and Telecommunication Management)
- You should get 50% marks for their undergraduate general and 45% marks for SC / ST / BC / PwD.
- Must have passed B.E / B. Tech or Bachelor’s degree in any science including Physics / Mathematics or BCA from Punjab University or any recognized University.
- Must have passed AIEM exam with 50% marks followed by Diploma with 60% marks.
MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
- You should get 50% marks for their undergraduate general and 45% marks for SC / ST / BC / PwD.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or Diploma in Pharmacy or Bachelor’s degree in any science or MBBS from Punjab University or any other university.
PU MET 2022 Application Form
The application form releases through online mode on the official website. According to the previous year, it is expected that the application form will be released in the 4th week of Feb 2022. All the aspirants have to fill the application form very carefully as there won’t be any correction facility in the application form such as Phone No. and Email id. It is advised for all aspirants keep the printout of the filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
PU MET 2022 Application Fees
Candidates can check the PUMET 2022 application fees given below. Applicants have to pay fees by using a website-generated fee slip at any branch of SBI.
|Category Application Fees||Application Fee|
|General Category||Rs. 2175/-|
|SC/ST/PwD Category||Rs. 1087/-|
Documents needed to fill PU MET 2022 application form
Applicants will be needed to keep all the following documents are needed in the PUMET 2022 application form.
- Caste Certificate
- Pwd Certificate
- Self-attested photocopy of sports certificates.
- NRI candidates have to required to submit scores of GMAT, Princeton (USA)
PU MET 2022 Seats
Check the Category Wise Breakup of Seats for various MBA Sectoral Programme of PU MET 2022 below. This information is based on the data available for last year.
(Banking & Insurance)
(IT & Tel)
|Terrorist/ Riot Victim||1||1||0||0||0||0||0|
PU MET 2022 Reservation Criteria
Candidates can check the reservation criteria of PU MET 2022 below.
- 53.5% of the seats in each course for the General Category.
- 15% of the seats for Scheduled Castes category.
- 7.5% of the seats for the Scheduled Tribes category.
- 5% of the seats for the Backward Classes.
- 5% of the seats for the Persons with Disability (PwD) category.
PU MET 2022 Admit Card
PUMET 2022 Admit card will be available in the online mode on the official website i.e. met.puchd.ac.in. Students have to log in with their login id and password to download the hall ticket. Keep in mind that you have to bring a hard copy of their admit card to the examination center.
PU MET Admit card will comprise of the following details:
- Candidate Name
- Registration Number
- Exam date and Center
- Roll Number
- Time and Session
PU MET 2022 Result
PU MET 2022 Result will be announced in online mode. According to the previous year, the PU MET 2022 result will be released in the 2nd week of August 2022. This University basically declares the result for the MET in the form of a merit list after the students have successfully given the examination. The entrance test will behold the overall weightage of 85% while preparing the merit list followed by Group Discussion (7.5% weightage) and ultimately Personal Interview (7.5% weightage). Only the eligible candidates will be able to check their results and download their scorecard by using their application number and date of birth.
PU MET 2022 Selection Process
Students shall be selected on the basis of marks attained in written tests, Group discussions, and Personal Interviews. All the candidate’s Final admission to the management program is the basis on cumulative marks in PU MET, GD, and PI. The University of PU MET is provided the given below weightage to the admission components:
- Written test – 85%
- Group Discussion – 7.5 %
- Personal Interview – 7.5 %
PU MET 2022 Counselling
After the candidate has qualified for the PU MET 2022, the candidate can proceed to the next round which is counseling. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in the counseling process where they can offer their choice for courses and institutes. While this, candidates shall have to carry their documents in original for verification purposes. Students shall be allotted their seats after successful verification on the basis of ranking and preference.
Important Instructions of PU MET 2022
The important instruction has to follow by every candidate of PU MET 2022. Check the important instruction below.
- Candidates will be allowed to enter the examination center only if there is an admission card in the examination center. Under no circumstances will any candidate be allowed to appear for the examination without admission.
- Candidates will test their eligibility at their own risk and responsibility and the University will not be liable in any way if they are found to be ineligible, which in turn leads to rejection. Their result or any other consequence (s) arising from the same.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall / room before half of the time allotted for the relevant paper.
- Candidates have to hand over their OMR answer sheets and question papers in full to the Central Superintendent. No page / part of the question paper / OMR answer sheet can be torn out, in which case the candidates may be declared ineligible from the complete entrance test.
- Students must bring their own stationery items such as Black Gel Pen / Ballpoint Pen. Borrowing materials inside the examination center is strictly prohibited.
- In the objective type question papers, the space provided for this purpose should be fairly worked. Under no circumstances can any rough work be done on the OMR answer sheet.
- If there is OMR sheet in case of objective type of question paper, there will be negative marking for incorrect answer i.e. number will be deducted for incorrect answer. To give 1 number for each right answer, 1/4 number will be deducted for incorrect answer.
- In the Objective Type Question Papers, the candidate must make sure that the answers to the questions are sought only in the prescribed OMR answer sheets.
- Carrying communication equipment like mobile phone / pager / wireless set, scanner, camera or any such electronic / digital gadget etc. during the test is not allowed and will lead to disqualification. The use of calculators in the test is prohibited.
- Candidates should not carry food, drink etc. at the test center. Smoking is not permitted in and around the center.
- Any candidate causing any kind of chaos during the examination or otherwise abusing or in the vicinity of the examination or refusing to accept the Superintendent / Deputy Superintendent / Assistant Superintendent / any other officer in charge of the examination or changing or occupying his seat with another candidate He will be expelled from the examination hall for any seat other than the allotted seat.
- If a candidate possesses a book or note from which he may be assisted or assisted in copying, he will be disqualified from the examination if he uses or attempts to use or misbehave during the examination or in any other manner.
- In the event of any dispute arising before, during or after the entrance examination, the decision of the Controller of Examinations, Punjab University shall be final.
- If a candidate shows an answer sheet or otherwise it is established that he / she has received or tried to get help from any source in any way or has helped or tried to help any other candidate in any way, then the relevant answer sheet will be discarded.
- If a candidate writes his name or puts any kind of identification mark or reveals his identity in any way on the cover of question book / answer sheet or anywhere else, then it will be considered as invalid.
- Anyone who wears a candidate’s disguise will be disqualified from participating in any university examination including this examination for five years, if that person is a student of a recognized school or college or university.
- If a candidate is found to have knowingly or intentionally concealed or suppressed any information / data which disqualifies him / her from appearing for the entrance examination, his / her examination results and admission in the University Institute of Applied Management Science (UIAMS).
- If a student does not submit his / her application in the online application form within the stipulated date, his / her application for appearing in the entrance examination will be briefly rejected, he / she will not be allowed to take it.
About Panjab University
Panjab University is ranked at 38 in Asia according to the 2015 Times Higher Education Asian University Rankings. It was established in 1882. It has been included to provide arts, letters, science, and education. Academic professions and the advancement of education, the judgment of core research, capacity to appoint university professors, readers, and lecturers, educational donations and management, the establishment of university colleges, libraries, laboratories, and museums, equipping and maintenance, student accommodation, and conduct regulations To formulate and do all such work to encourage study and research.
FAQs for PU MET 2022
Ans: Retail Management Banking and Insurance Management I.T. & Telecommunications Management Infrastructural Management Pharmaceutical Management Hospital Management.
Ans: University Institute of Applied Management Sciences.
Ans: Offline (Pen & Paper) mode.
Ans: It is expected that the PU MET 2022 will be conducted in July 2022.
Ans: Panjab University Management Entrance Test.
Ans. Yes. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer in PU MWT 2022.
Ans. In the test, multiple-choice questions are asked.
Ans. No, you can fill the application form via online mode only.