PAU CET 2022 Syllabus – In this particular article we will be looking into the PAU CET Syllabus 2022. For beginning the preparation of any exam, it is necessary to have prior knowledge of the syllabus. PAU CET consists of questions on Physics, Chemistry and, depending on the course preference of a student, any one subject from Mathematics/ Biology/ Agriculture/ Home science questions. In PAU CET 2022 exam, there are going to be 66 questions each from Physics and Chemistry and 34 Questions from Mathematics and 68 from other optional subjects. In this particular article PAU CET Syllabus 2022 will be explained in detail as any candidate preparing for an exam needs to have a clear knowledge of the Syllabus.
PAU CET Syllabus
The Syllabus of PAU CET is usually same as the syllabus 10+2 of CBSE, ICSE and Punjab or other state Boards. While preparing for the exam the candidates can follow other reference books too. Candidates must thoroughly prepare the following topics.
PAU CET Syllabus for Physics
|Communication Systems||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Optics||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|Current Electricity||Oscillation & Waves|
|Work, Energy and Power||Kinematics|
|Electronic Devices||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Electromagnetic Waves||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Electrostatics||The Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Motion System of Practices and Rigid Body|
|Laws of Motion||Physics World and Measurement|
PAU CET Syllabus for Chemistry
|Alcohol, Phenols and Ehters||‘d’ and ‘f’ Block Elements|
|Organic Chemistry||p-Block Elements|
|S-Block Elements||Redox reactions|
|Thermodynamics||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Sturcture|
|Structure of Atom||Solid State|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life||Polymers|
|Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen||Coordination Compounds|
|General Principle and Process of Isolation of Elements||Chemical Kintetics|
|Hydrocarbons||Group 14 Elements|
|Preparation and Properties of Important Compounds||Hydrogen|
|Equilibrium||States of Matter: Gases and Liquid|
|Classification in Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Solutions|
|Basic Components of Chemistry||–|
PAU CET Syllabus for Agriculture
|Crop Production||Agrometeorology, Genetics and Plant Breeding, Biochemistry and Microbiology|
Additional Topics to be Covered for PAU CET Exam
Although these topics are not explicitly stated in the official status, candidates must have a rudimentary knowledge about them to help solve the paper faster.
- Candidates must also have prior knowledge about General Science Topics like those that have been taught at their classes 9th and 10th in CBSE, ICSE and state boards.
- Vernacular languages about land measurement
- Cultivation of crops, fruits and vegetables
- Farm hand tools
- General Agriculture and allied activities
PAU CET Exam Pattern 2022
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Conducting Body||Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen & Paper)|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|Sections in Exam||I- Physics- 66 Questions of 1 mark each|
II- Chemistry- 66 questions of 1 mark each
* Both of which are compulsory to attend for each candidate
III- Optional- Biology, Agriculture, Home Science- 68 Questions with one mark each
Mathematics- 34 questions of 2 marks each
- Each correct answer will carry one mark and a wrong answers will deduct 1/4th of marks.
- Candidates who opt for Physics, Chemistry and Home Science in the CET exam can only appear for B.Sc. (Hons.) in Community Science and Nutrition & Dietetics.
- Candidates can opt for any of the four options. But when the candidate who will appear for a particular paper must must mention their preferences in Serial Number 6 while filling the application form.
PAU CET 2022: Recommended Books
For any exam preparation, references and books and study materials hold a prime importance as well. So here we would be discussing a list of some books that can be helpful for Candidates to prepare.
|B.Sc. Agriculture Entrance Exam 2022||Arihant Experts||Arihant||Click Here|
|NTA ICAR: AIEEA- UG Exam Guide||RPH Editorial Board||RPH Editorial Board||Click Here|
|NCERT General Science and Science and Technology- Civil and state services preliminary exam||Sheelwant Singh, Kriti Rastogi, Sarika||Mc Graw Hill||Click Here|
|Trueman’s UGC NET Home Science||Anju Khosla, Ruchi||Truman||Click Here|
|B.Tech/B.E./B.Sc./B.Sc. (Hons.) Biotechnology Entrance Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide)||R. Gupta||RPH Editorial Board||Click Here|
PAU CET 2022: Preparation Tips
- Every candidate preparing for this exam must firstly be well aware of the syllabus of the course they are preparing for.
- In order to maintain regular grip and preparedness over the syllabus, candidates must practice sample or past years question papers.
- If aspiring candidates want they can join a coaching institute of their choice.
- Candidates should be careful of time management factors.
- Every candidate must be having all those study materials that can be helpful for them and regularly carry on their preparation.
- Also in order to understand heavy concepts in an easy manner, candidates can prepare personal notes and revise them at a regular basis.
- Candidates should stay fit, healthy and not take upon too much of stress or be overconfident as it can spoil all their efforts.
PAU CET 2022: Courses Offered
The PAU CET Exam of 2022 will be conducted to grant admission to candidates who are seeking to take admission into the courses of;
- B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture- 4 years
- B.Sc. (Hons) Horticulture- 4 yeas
- B.Tech in Biotechnology- 4 years
- B.Tech Food Technology- 4 years
- B.Sc. (Hons) Agribusiness Management- 4 years
- 5 years integrated M.Sc. (Hons) Programmes in Botany, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Microbiology, Physics, Zoology;
- B.Sc. (Hons) Community Science- 4 years
- B.Sc. (Hons) Nutrition and Dietetics- 4 years
FAQs on PAU CET 2022 Syllabus
The exam is easy to moderate in terms of difficulty level. As it seeks to test a candidate’s general ability and basic understanding of concepts on the subjects.
Can the candidates refer to NCERT Text Books for PAU CET 2022?
Yes, a candidate can refer to any kind of textbooks starting from JEE, AIEEA or NCERT Books as they contain very easy and simple explanation of concepts.
Is state board syllabus enough for PAU CET 2022 preparation?
Yes, in case of this PAU CET Exam 2022, State Board Syllabuses are also quite helpful. Candidates who hail from their 10+2 Background of Punjab Board have an edge in terms of their preparation.
Is the PAU CET Exam 2022 going to be held online or offline?
The PAU CET Exam has been held offline, till date and there is no clear conformation regarding the mode as of now tentatively.
How important is 10th syllabus from the point of view of PAU CET 2022 preparations?
General topics from class 10th are quite essential in terms of basic understanding of a subject, where every candidate must have a clear knowledge of their subject, as a lot of short questions are also asked.
There are Optionals on Mathematics, Biology, Agriculture and Home Science. Candidates can choose each of the subjects according to their course preference.
Mathematics section only carries 2 marks for each questions, rest are all of 1 marks each.
Yes, in any portion if a candidate has thier strength then its good. But it is advised to all candidates for giving special attention to prepare the whole syllabus thoroughly.