PAU CET 2022 – The Punjab Agricultural University is about to begin PAU CET 2022 admission process soon. PAU CET 2022 will be held to permit candidates to take admission into Bachelors’ Degree and integrated courses after completion of their (10+2). PAU CET is an agricultural entrance exam conducted by the Punjab Agricultural University of Ludhiana, Punjab. PAU CET 2022 is a Common Entrance Test that is undertaken by the University to grant admission to students who wish to pursue their graduation in Agriculture courses. In this article all the details regarding the PAU CET will be discussed in details.
PAU CET 2022
Though the University authorities have not yet declared the final dates for the PAU CET 2022. Whatever assumed dates are being represented here are all Tentative in nature, and will be subject to change according to the circular of the University.
|Registration Start Date||May 2022|
|Last date for Registration||June 2022|
|Admit Card Release Date||June 2022|
|Date of the CET Exam||August 2022|
|Result Date||To be announced soon|
|Date of First round of counselling||3rd Week of August 2022|
|Counselling for vacant seats of CET||September 2022|
- PAU CET Exam Date
- PAU CET Syllabus 2022
- PAU CAT Application Form 2022
- PAU CET Exam Pattern 2022
- PAU CET Admit Card 2022
PAU CET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criterias are different for the different courses. The same will be mentioned here;
|BSc (Hons) Agriculture||10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology/Agriculture with 50% marks in aggregate/2-year Diploma in Agriculture|
|BTech Biotechnology||10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology/Agriculture with a minimum of 50% mark in aggregate|
|BTech Food Technology||10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology/Agriculture with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate/Certificate course in Food Processing and Preservation from SLIET, Longowal|
|BSc Horticulture||10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology/Agriculture with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate|
|Integrated MSc (Hons) Programs in Biochemistry, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Microbiology||10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology/Agriculture with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate|
|BSc Hons. Community Science||10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology/Agriculture with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate|
|BSc Hons. Nutrition and Dietetics|
PAU CET 2022 Application Form
The process of application for PAU CET 2022 is quite different for different courses. Candidates can apply either in online or offline mode as the processes of which are totally different, which will be discussed here.
- The candidates have to fill up the application form with entering all their official details, like personal details, family background, educational qualification details and etc.
- Candidates themselves and their parents must sign the application form.
PAU CET 2022 Application Fees
The modes of application are different. Candidates can apply in either Online or Offline mode. In case of candidates cross the date of application, they may have to pay late application fees or fine, which mentioned below.
Note : Candidates who apply Offline must understand that the total ₹4200 in the application of the entrance test will have to pay a addition fees of INR ₹2120 at counter and ₹2260 at post to get the prospectus.
|Application with Late Fee||₹ 1000|
For steps to fill the application form, where to send the form, and documents required for the form, visit : PAU CET Application Form 2022
PAU CET 2022 Syllabus
At the due course of the preparation of the PAU CET 2022, the syllabus is an important component, that is the key to all the preparation strategies, which will be discussed here.
PAU CET Syllabus for Physics
|Communication Systems||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Optics||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|Current Electricity||Oscillation & Waves|
|Work, Energy and Power||Kinematics|
|Electronic Devices||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Electromagnetic Waves||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Electrostatics||The Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Motion System of Practices and Rigid Body|
|Laws of Motion||Physics World and Measurement|
PAU CET Syllabus for Chemistry
|Alcohol, Phenols and Ehters||‘d’ and ‘f’ Block Elements|
|Organic Chemistry||p-Block Elements|
|S-Block Elements||Redox reactions|
|Thermodynamics||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Sturcture|
|Structure of Atom||Solid State|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life||Polymers|
|Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen||Coordination Compounds|
|General Principle and Process of Isolation of Elements||Chemical Kintetics|
|Hydrocarbons||Group 14 Elements|
|Preparation and Properties of Important Compounds||Hydrogen|
|Equilibrium||States of Matter: Gases and Liquid|
|Classification in Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Solutions|
|basic Components of Chemistry||–|
PAU CET Syllabus for Agriculture
|Crop Production||Agrometeorology, Genetics and Plant Breeding, Biochemistry and Microbiology|
For detailed syllabus, visit : PAU CET Syllabus
PAU CET Past years Question Papers with Answer Keys
In order to prepare effectively, candidates have to consult the past years question papers as well in oder to understand the paper patterns.
In order to get the answer keys candidates must click here.
Preparation books for PAU CET 2022
Having the right text and references books also forms a part of employing the right strategy to crack any kind of exams. So, here’s a list of books candidates can refer in their preperation process.
|B.Sc. Agriculture Entrance Exam 2022||Arihant Experts||Arihant||Click Here|
|NTA ICAR: AIEEA- UG Exam Guide||RPH Editorial Board||RPH Editorial Board||Click Here|
|NCERT General Science and Science and Technology- Civil and state services preliminary exam||Sheelwant Singh, Kriti Rastogi, Sarika||Mc Graw Hill||Click Here|
|Trueman’s UGC NET Home Science||Anju Khosla, Ruchi||Truman||Click Here|
|B.Tech/B.E./B.Sc./B.Sc. (Hons.) Biotechnology Entrance Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide)||R. Gupta||RPH Editorial Board||Click Here|
- Follow websites like Quora, blogs and anykind of related platforms that contains details related to the syllabus and the tips and tricks to attempt them.
- Candidates must also follow topper’s interviews, tips and their suggestions on how they attempted the exam and cracked it.
- Follow the reference books mentioned above or can also gather more materials if they want.
- But it is solely dependent on how compact is the level of preperation a candidate undertakes.
- Candidates must also refer to past years question papers of PAU CET, the link of which has been attached above.
PAU CET 2022 Seat Reservations
In terms of the General Resevation of Seats that is ensured by the Punjab Univeristy of Agriculture in its Colleges is mentioned brielfy here.
College of Agriculture-
|Course||Total Number of Seats||Seats for General and Reserved Candidates||Seats nominated by ICAR|
|BSc (Hons) Agricukture, 4 years||94||80||14|
|B.Tech (Biotechnology), 4 years||60||60||—|
|B.Tech (Food Technology), 4 years||60||60||—|
College of Horticulture and Forestry-
|Course||Total Number of Seats||Seats for General and Reserved candidates||Seats nomiated by ICAR|
|BSc Hons. (Horticulture), 4 years||60||60||0|
College of Basic Science and Humanities-
|Course||Total Number of Seats||Seats for General and Reserved Candidates||Seats nominated by ICAR|
|BSc. Hons (Agribusiness Management)- 4 years||40||40||—|
|5 years Integrated Msc. Hons.-|
College of Community Science-
|Course||Total No. of Seats||Seats for General and Reserved Candidates||Seats nominated by ICAR|
|BSc. Hons. Community Science- 4 years||59||50||9|
|BSc. Hons. Nutrition and Dietetics- 4 years||60||60||—|
PAU CET Admit Card
- PAU CET admit card 2022 is released in pau.edu.
- Only candidates who registered and paid the application fees of the Exam, can only download the admit card.
- The Admit Card will contain a candidate’s personal details like date of birth, address, educational details, course preference details, Roll number, registration ID and along with an Unique ID for candidates who registered online.
- The date of birth and prospectus number will also be mentioned for candidates who registered offline.
- A recent photograph of the candidate will be also there in the admit card.
- The Exam Centre and the Exam Dates are also clearly mentioned in the Admit Card.
- The offical identity proof of the candidates will also be mentioned in the admit card with which they had applied for the course of their choice, the official document can be-
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID Card
- Original Passport copy
- Candidates must carry a hard copy of their downloaded admit card, either in colour or black and white printed format on the day of the exam.
- The admit card for PAU CET 2022 Exam will be released in pau.edu.
- The date of release of the Admit Card for PAU-CET 2022 Entrance Exam is considered as June 2022, which is Tentative.
- It is advised to all the candidates to keep their details like, official ID Proofs, the Login ID and Password or any other required details that will be required to login for downloading the admit card.
- The admit card will be only required to be kept safe and secure by the candidates for attending the exam and also in post-exam days for further reference if required in the course of the admission process.
- Candidates must keep track of the offical website of the Punjab Agricultural University for getting the final downloading link of the admit card.
- In the exam hall candidates will not be allowed to take any electronic devices or wrist watch, goggles, cap, etc.
PAU CET 2022 Exam Centers-
As PAU CET is a state level entrance exam, the candidates will have a choice of taking the exam in only cities of Punjab, which are-
- Sri Mukhtsar Sahib
PAU CET Answer Key 2022
The Answer Key of PAU CET is generally released once after the all the entrance examinations conducted by the University gets over. As a matter of the dates there are no dates released yet. as all the dates that are there are all Tentative in nature and will be subjected to change. All the details related to the answer key of the PAU CET 2022 will be declared in the offical website of the Punjab Agricultural University – pau.edu.
Result and the Counselling process of PAU CET 2022–
- The final result of the entrance exam will be notified by the University Registrar and published at pau.edu .
- The application form for the PAU CET Entrance Counselling will be provided alongwith the final result.
- The candidates need to download this form and fill this according to the details required and must bring with them on the day of the counselling along with all the original documents mentioned, as per the details mentioned in the University Website.
- Candidates called for the cunselling session must reach the venue on time and the schedule, as per the details and instructions mentioned in the prospectus.
- The univeristy will not be paying any expenses on behlaf of the candidates for attending the counselling session.
- Candidates must pay the fees of admission in cash on the spot of counselling day only.
- In the final result the marks scored by the candidate along with the rank secured will only be mentioned.
- If there is tie-breaking, naturally the person scoring more marks will be considered for admission.
- Candidates must keep the result safe and secured in case if it may be required for further references.
PAU CET 2022 Participating Institutes
As a part of the PAU CET 2022, there are are a list of colleges affiliated to the Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana will be taking part in the admission process, which can be mentioned as-
- College of Agriculture
- College of Agricultural Egnieneering and Technology
- College of Basic Sciences and Humanities
- College of Community Science
- College of Horticulture and Forestry
About Punjab Agricultural University
The Punjab Agricultural Univeristy also known as the PAU in short is located at Ludhiana, Punjab. It was established in 1962. The PAU mainly undertakes and conducts courses on Agriculture Technology, Horticulture and Forestry, Biotechnology, General Sciences and Integrated Courses as well for Undergraduates, Post Graduates, Diploma and PhD. The Entrance Exams are conducted every year like the CET, MET, BSET, AAT, PET and etc, by the Punjab Agricultural University.
Frequently Asked Questions about PAU CET 2022
Yes, the details are much elaborate, candidates can access all the details in the Official Website.
2. Are the course fees same for all the courses of PAU CET 2022?
– No, the course fees amounts are absolutely different, which the candidates can access from the link attached above.
3. Does, PAU have courses on MBA?
– Yes, PAU has MBA courses as well, but the entrance exam is not covered under the CET Exam.
4. Is PAU CET going to be postponed?
– There are no indications yet, as the admission process is yet to begin.
5. Do all candidates need to pay the price of PAU CET 2022 prospectus while paying the final application form?
– Yes, the prospectus also has a price and all candidates have to pay for it, as the prospectus will be needed as a guide to be refered during the admission process.
6. What things are the candidates prohibited to bring in PAU CET 2022 exam hall?
-Candidates must not bring any electronic devices.
7. Does candidates from other states allowed to apply for PAU CET ?
-Yes, they can but for taking the entrance exam, they have to come to Punjab.
8. When are the candidates required to pay the final admission fees after PAU CET 2022?
-Candidates can pay the final admission fees on the day of the counselling process itself.