PAU CET Exam Pattern – PAU CET Exam is conducted in Offline, Pen and Paper mode with the medium of instructions being English. There are 200 questions for papers having Biology/ Home science/Agriculture as subjects and 166 questions in the paper having Mathematics as subject . PAU CET 2022 is usually held for 3 hours where candidates have to attempt 3 sections as per the subjects chosen by them. Questions in the Mathematics section will carry 2 marks and rest all subjects will carry 1 mark for a questions. In case of wrong any answers marked by the candidate in PU CET 2022, 1/4th marks will be deducted. In this article, we will be having a look at the detailed PU CET 2022 Exam pattern.
PAU CET 2022 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||Offline Pen and Paper|
|Language of Instruction||English|
|Time/ Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Number of Questions||200 Questions for papers that have Biology, Agriculture and Home Science as selected options. |
166 Questions for the paper with Mathematics as the selected option
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Marking Scheme||Each Questions carry 1 marks and each correct answer will receive 1 mark.|
|Negative Marking||Incorrect answers will be given a deduction of 1/4th marks, but for Mathematics section every correct or incorrect answer will be given double marks.|
PAU CET Sectional Marking Scheme
The question paper of PAU CET 2022 Exam can be understood in the following manner.
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Negative Marking|
|Section 1||Physics||1 mark each||-1/4 for each wrong attempt|
|Section 2||Chemistry||1 mark each||-1/4 for each wrong attempt|
|Section 3||Mathematics/ Biology/ Agriculture/ Home Science||1 mark each for all sections, excepting for Mathematics which is of 2 marks for each question||-1/4 for each wrong attempt ; -1/2 for each wrong attempt in Mathematics|
PAU CET Syllabus 2022
The Syllabus of PAU CET Exam 2022 covers basic topics of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agriculture, Home Science and Mathematics. Candidates taking the exam will have to have a good knowledge of all the basic topics that they have studied in their (10+2) Science stream in all boards.
CLICK HERE to view PAU CET Syllabus
PAU CET Previous Year Question Papers
Previous Year question papers are a great way to get acquainted with the exam pattern of PAU CET 2022. Aglasem has provided downloadable PDFs of Question paper in the link below.
PAU CET Exam 2022: Difficulty Level
The general difficulty level of PAU CET ranges from easy to moderate, as the exam is aimed and conducted in a manner where a candidate’s suitability and general academic knowledge on their area of study is being tested.
Important preparation books for PAU CET 2022
In order to attempt for the exam of PAU CET 2022, aspiring candidates can refer to any kind of books. Candidates can also refer to books of JEE, Medical or Engineering to prepare for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as well along with their normal school text books and NCERT books that they had to refer for their (10+2).
|B.Sc. Agriculture Entrance Exam 2022||Arihant Experts||Arihant||Click Here|
|NTA ICAR: AIEEA- UG Exam Guide||RPH Editorial Board||RPH Editorial Board||Click Here|
|NCERT General Science and Science and Technology- Civil and state services preliminary exam||Sheelwant Singh, Kriti Rastogi, Sarika||Mc Graw Hill||Click Here|
|Trueman’s UGC NET Home Science||Anju Khosla, Ruchi||Truman||Click Here|
|B.Tech/B.E./B.Sc./B.Sc. (Hons.) Biotechnology Entrance Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide)||R. Gupta||RPH Editorial Board||Click Here|
PAUCET 2022 Preparation Tips
- Before starting off with final preparation all candidates must gather their required listed reference books, study materials and test papers.
- A candidate must have a clear understanding and a copy of the entire syllabus along with a determined plan to organize their study.
- Candidates must take weekly and later on daily mock tests with setting the due time according to the original exam format.
- Also they can take sectional mock tests, as it will help them to understand and prepare their strengths and weakness over a particular section.
- Aspiring candidates can join a coaching institute for organized training and guidance to prepare for the exam.
- Candidates must, if they feel can make short notes of the concepts and theories to understand them well and have a clear knowledge of the same.
- Candidates should be through and well prepared and informed regarding the exam pattern and must target a set goal to cover more than 90 per cent of the paper well.
- On the day of the exam candidates must carry all their essential documents like a hard copy of the admit card that will be downloaded from the website and any identity proof with which have been used to fill the registration form of the Exam.
- All candidates should reach exam venue on or before time prior to the beginning of the examination.
- All instructions and guidelines mentioned in the admit cards must be read clearly and thoroughly by all the candidates before they reach the exam venue, as if any mistake can lead to a massive blunder.
- All candidates must stay fit, healthy and clam, as over-tension or overconfidence can spoil all their efforts.
- So, all the aspiring candidates should follow these instructions well and carry on their preparations accordingly.
PAU CET 2022: Instructions for OMR Filling
- A candidate must carefully read all the instructions that will be mentioned in the OMR Sheet and fill them according by entering the required details.
- Candidates must be alert and careful while filling the OMR Sheets, as a single mistake can be quite penalizing.
- Candidates must pay attention to the instructions of the Invigilator while filling the OMR Sheet and work accordingly.
- Candidates must carry a blue or black ball point pen and a pencil to fill in the OMR sheets.
- So, there must be due attention and special care form the side of every candidate while filling the OMR Sheets, as a mistake in filling might get the entire sheet rejected, or in that case another spare OMR Sheet might not be available.
FAQs on PAU CET 2022
The Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana is the conducting body of the exam.
Where is the possible exam center of the PAU CET Exam 2022?
The PAU CET is a State Level Exam, so the Center can either be the University or any other cities of Punjab.
Can reference books or study materials of JEE help in the preparation process of PAU CET?
Yes, a candidate can freely refer the text books or reference materials of JEE mains, as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology is covered over there to a great extent.
How to download the admit card for PAU CET 2022 Exam?
Registered Candidates have to regularly check the website for any details and notification that will be posted and wait until the final date is being declared.
Is PAU CET tough?
Exam pattern of the PAU CET has remained the same and candidates have to be sure of the fact that PAU CET will cover questions that are basic in nature, but still questions can be tricky at times. So all candidates must thoroughly prepare.
What is the medium of instruction for PAU CET Exam 2022, can the exam be taken in other languages?
The medium of instruction generally remains English and it is so.
How is the pattern of PAU CET different from other entrance exam papers of PAU?
The PAU CET is a Exam that is only conducted for granting admission to candidates who wish to pursue their graduation after completion of the (10+2). So all the questions relating to the topics will be framed keeping in mind of the concept and knowledge of school level.
Is PAU CET 2022 Exam’s eligibility only concerned for students from (10+2) Science background?
PAU has courses and the entrance exam for the courses designed in a manner that covers topics from Science background only. So, students who are from Science background will have an added advantage to clear the exam