Odisha University of Agriculture & Technology (OUAT) will conduct OUAT 2021 for admission in UG, PG, Ph.D, Diploma and Doctoral level courses. The exam is held in offline mode and candidates of respective course have to fulfill eligibility criteria before applying. Candidates who apply, get admit card and then they have to appear for the exam. Candidates who qualify OUAT 2021 are called for counselling and are granted admission based on allocated rank, in OUAT and affiliated colleges.
OUAT stands for Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology. The university level exam is also called by the same name. It is conducted separately for UG, PG, Ph.D admission. There are 07 UG programmes, 16 Master’s programmes in Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry, 16 disciplines in Agriculture, 1 discipline in Fishery Science, 3 disciplines in Agricultural Engineering, 1 discipline in Community Science, and 5 disciplines in Forestry Science. In case of Doctoral programmes, course credit system are available in 14 disciplines in Agriculture, 12 disciplines in Veterinary Sciences and AH, 1 discipline in Fishery Sciences, and 03 disciplines in Agril Engg. Check more details on OUAT 2021 below.
OUAT 2021 Exam Dates
|Availability of application form||1st week of Feb 2021||4th week of May 2021||4th week of Jul 2021|
|Last date to submit Form (Form A only for UG courses)||2nd week of Apr 2021||4th week of Jun 2021||2nd week of Aug 2021|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of May 2021||4th week of Jun 2021||3rd week of Aug 2021|
|OUAT 2021 exam date||3rd week of May 2021||4th week of Jun 2021||4th week of Aug 2021|
|Declaration of entrance rank||2nd week of Jun 2021||–||–|
|Submission of application Form B||2nd week of May 2021||–||–|
|Availability of rank card||2nd week of Jul 2021||3rd week of Jul 2021||1st week of Sep 2021|
|Commencement of counselling||3rd week of Jul 2021||3rd week of Jul 2021||2nd week of Sep 2021|
|Admission to state govt.|
|4th week of Jul 2021||–||–|
|Admission to balance seat if any||–||–||–|
|Orientation programme||4th week of Jul 2021||4th week of Jul 2021||–|
|Beginning of classes||1st week of Aug 2021||4th week of Jul 2021||3rd week of Sep 2021|
Dates for College of Basic Science & Humanities For Doctoral Programmes
|Availability of form||4th week of Nov 2021|
|Last date to submit the form||1st week of Dec 2021|
|Uploading of qualifying exam marks||1st week of Dec 2021|
|Availability of admit card||2nd week of Dec 2021|
|Exam date||3rd week of Dec 2021|
|Availability of rank card||4th week of Dec 2021|
|Commencement of counselling||4th week of Dec 2021|
|Beginning of classes||4th week of Dec 2021|
OUAT 2021 Expected Exam Date
As we know OUAT entrance exam is conducted for various UG, PG and Doctoral courses. The dates for all the entrance exams are different. Check the expected dates for OUAT 2021 given below.
|Courses||Expected Exam Date|
|UG||3rd week of May 2021|
|PG||4th week of Jun 201|
|Doctoral||4th week of Aug 2021|
These expected dates are on the basis of last to last year. Due to the pandemic, last year, the exams were delayed. Hence, this year, it is expected to be held in usual timeline.
|2020||11 Oct 2020||11 Oct 2020||15 Nov 2020|
|2019||19 May 2019||30 Jun 2019||24 Aug 2019|
Courses Offered via OUAT 2021
The candidates who qualify OUAT 2021 can take admission into following courses:
- UG programme (Except B.V.Sc & AH) – 4 years
- B.V.Sc & AH – 5.5 years (including 1 year internship)
- Master’s programme – 2 years
- Doctoral programmes – 3 years (Includes course work and research work for thesis)
|UG Courses Offered via OUAT 2021||PG Courses Offered Via OUAT 2021||Doctoral Programmes Offered Via OUAT 2021|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture||M.Sc (Ag)||Ph.D (Agriculture)|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Horticulture||M.Sc (Ag) Statistics||Ph.D (Vety Science)|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Forestry||M.Sc (Ag) Biotechnology||Ph.D (Agril Engg)|
|B.V.Sc & AH||M.V.Sc||Ph.D (Fishery Science)|
|B.Tech (Agri Engineering)||M.Tech (Agri Engineering)||Ph.D Physics|
|B.F.Sc||M.F.Sc (Aquaculture)||Ph.D Chemistry|
|B.Sc Hons. Community Science||M.Sc (Community Science)||Ph.D Mathematics|
|–||M.Sc (Forestry)||Ph.D Botany|
OUAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern given below for OUAT 2021.
The exam pattern mentioned below is according to the last year’s information
Type of questions: There are multiple-choice questions in the test
Medium of exam: The medium of instruction of examination is English only
Duration: The candidates are given 2 hours to complete the test
Maximum marks: The test is of 200 marks in total
- Each question is of 01 marks
- There is no negative marking in case of wrong answers
Distribution of questions
|Mathematics / Biology||68|
For PG and Ph.D
Duration: The duration of the exam is 2 hours
Type of questions: The test is objective in nature for both PG / Ph.D level. In other words, the test consists of multiple-choice questions
No. of questions: There are 200 questions
Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 02 marks are awarded. There is no negative marking and every un-attempted question leads to 0 marks.
Note: For M.Sc (Ag) programme, the question paper is divided into 2 parts; Part A and Part B. There are total 180 MCQs in Part A (Non-Crop Specific) and 40 questions in Part B (Crop Specific). The candidates have to attempt all questions in Part A and any 20 questions in Part B.
OUAT 2021 Application Form
The candidates can fill OUAT 2021 application form at ouat.nic.in. Check the important points that are expected to apply related to the application form given below.
- The candidates must enter the correct email id and mobile number in the application form as all the information regarding the admission will be conveyed on these platforms.
- Before submitting the application form, make sure to check all the particulars entered in the application form. Make correction if needed.
- The application fee payment is an important step to submit OUAT 2021 application form. Without the fee payment, the applicants will be rejected and candidates cannot appear for the entrance examination. Also, he / she will be out of the admission process.
- Once the application fee has been submitted, a message will be sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number and email id.
- After the payment of application fee, the candidates can take the printout of the submitted application form.
- The candidates are not advised to send the hardcopy of the submitted application form or any other documents to the university.
For UG Courses: There are 2 parts of OUAT application form 2021 (Form A & B) for UG courses. The Form B is submitted after the conduct of entrance examination. The submission of Form B is compulsory for the candidates seeking admission in UG courses.
Application Fee: The candidates are required to pay Rs 1400 (amount as per last year). It can be submitted using debit card / credit card / net banking.
Note: For admission into Diploma in Polytechnic courses, the candidates have to pay Rs 750.
OUAT 2021 Admit Card
The important points related to OUAT 2021 admit card are given below.
- OUAT admit card releases at ouat.nic.in and ouat-lokaseba-odisha.in.
- In order to download OUAT 2021 admit card via online mode, the candidates have to enter their application number and date of birth.
- Alternatively, it can be downloaded via student’s login by entering the email, mobile number, OTP, application number and captcha.
- The admit card releases via online mode at the official website only. No admit card is sent to the candidates via post.
- All the candidates appearing for OUAT 2021 need to take the printed copy of the admit card positively to the exam centre.
Note: Along with OUAT 2021 admit card, please bring a valid id proof and a black / blue ball point pen. The acceptable id proofs are (PAN card / passport / voter id card / driving license / aadhar card with latest photograph / students’ id card issued by college / school last attended / nationalised bank passbook with photograph)
OUAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria with Courses
Before filling the application form, the candidates must meet all the eligibility requirements specified by the official authority for courses available at UG, PG, Doctoral level. Check the eligibility criteria given below.
For UG Courses
Age Limit: The candidates must be 17 years of age, as on 31 Dec 2021.
|Course name||Min. qualification||Subject in +2 Science or|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture||– 10+2 in science / equivalent with 50% aggregate marks.|
– SC / ST / PwD / PMSSS (For B.Sc (Hons.) Ag at CA,BBSR, / Kashmiri Migrant / Kashmiri Pundit (Non Migrant) / Kashmiri Hindu Families, 40% aggregate marks are needed
|PCM or PCB|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Forestry||-do-||-do-|
|B.V.Sc & AH||-do-||PCB|
|B.Tech (Agril Engg)||-do-||PCM|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Community|
|-do-||PCM or PCB|
For Diploma in Agro Polytechnic
|Course||Min Eligibility||Subjects in +2 Science / Equivalent|
|Agriculture Science||– The candidates must have completed|
+2 Science with min 45% aggregate marks (40% for SC / ST)
|PCM or PCB|
For PG Courses
- The candidates who have passed HSSC or equivalent exam with Odia as MIL from any school of Odisha are not required to submit a Residential certificate.
- The candidates who did not have Odia as MIL but their parents are permanent residents of Odisha must submit the Residential certificate issued by the concerned Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar/ Assistant Tehsildar / District Magistrate / Their employer concerned.
- The candidates who did not have Odia as MIL and their parents are also not permanent residents of Odisha but are serving under Govt of Odisha / Central Govt. / Public Undertaking or any university in Odisha must submit a certificate to this effect from the Head of institution where their parents are working.
- Odia candidates who are permanently living outside Odisha must submit a relevant certificate proving their Odisha origin either from the employer of their parents / Tahsildar / District Magistrate of the district in which they are residing. Alternatively, a Certificate to this effect can also be submitted from the Additional Tashildar / District Magistrate of their native place in Odisha.
- Other state candidates have to submit the domicile certificate of their native states.
Note: The 1st and 4th point are not applicable to ICAR / VCI Foreign Candidates / State Govt. sponsored candidates / Candidates under Kashmiri Migrants / Kashmiri Pandit (Non- Migrant) / Kashmiri Hindu (Non-Migrant) Families.
|Name of course||College name||Min requirements|
|M.Sc (Ag)||College of Agriculture, Bhubaneshwar||B.Sc (Ag) / B.Sc (Hons.) Agril / B.Sc (Hort) / |
B.Sc (Hons.) Hort from the university recognized by Central State govt
|M.Sc (Forestry)||College of Forestry, Bhubaneshwar||B.Sc (Forestry) / B.Sc (Hons.) Forestry from the universities|
recognized by Central govt.
|M.Sc (Community Science)||College of Community Science, Bhubaneshwar||B.Sc (Home Science), B.Sc (Hons.) Home Science from the universities recognized by Central govt|
|M.F.Sc (Aqauaculture)||College of Fisheries (Rangeilunda, Berhampur)||B.F.Sc from the recognized State / Central govt.|
|M.Tech (Agril Engg)||College of Agricultural Engineering & Technology, Bhubaneshwar||B.Tech (Agril Engg) / B.Sc (Agril Engg & Tech) from the universities recognized by Central / State Govt|
|M.V.Sc||College of Veterinary Science, AH,|
|B.V.Sc & AH from the universities recognized by State / Central Govt.|
|M.Sc (Ag.) Biotechnology||College of Agriculture, Bhubaneshwar||B.Sc (Ag) / B.Sc (Hons.) Agril / B.Sc (Hort) /|
B.Sc (Hons.) Hort / B.Sc (Forestry) / B.Sc (Hons.) Forestry from the universities recognized by State / Central Govt.
|College of Agriculture, Bhubaneshwar||B.Sc (Ag) / B.Sc (Hons.) Agril / B.Sc (Hort) /|
B.Sc (Hons.) Hort / B.V.Sc & AH / B.Tech (Agril Engg)from the universities recognized by Central / State Govt
Minimum marks required for entry into Master’s programmes
Eligibility Criteria for Doctoral Programmes
Minimum marks: The candidates must have minimum 65% in Master’s degree.
|Ph.D (Agriculture)||College of Agriculture, Bhubaneshwar||B.Sc (Ag) / B.Sc (Hort) / M.Sc (Ag) / |
M.Sc (Hort) from the universities recognized by Central / State Govt
|Ph.D (Vety. Science)||College of Veterinary Science & AH, Bhubaneshwar||B.V.Sc & AH, M.V.Sc & AH from the universities recognized by Central / State Govt|
|Ph.D (Fishery Science)||College of Fisheries (Rangeilunda, Berhampur)||B.F.Sc and M.F.Sc from the universities recognized by Central / State Govt|
|Ph.D (Agril Engg)||College of Agricultural Engg &|
|B.Tech (Agril Engg) / B.Sc (Agril Engg & Tech) / M.Tech (Agril Engg) / M.Sc (Agril Engg & Tech) from universities recognized by State / Central Govt.|
For Doctoral Programmes in the College of Basic Sciences and Humanities
|Ph.D in Physics, Chemistry,|
Mathematics, Botany, Zoology
|– The candidates must have completed M.Sc in the relevant discipline with min 55% marks from any recognized university|
|Ph.D in Microbiology||– The candidates must have done M.Sc in Microbiology from any of the UGC recognized universities with at least 65% or OGPA of 6.5 from 10.0 point scale|
OUAT 2021 Exam Centre
Check the exam centre for OUAT 2021 given below.
The list given below is as per last year’s information brochure
|OUAT 2021 Exam Centre|
Important Books for OUAT 2021
Check the list of the books for the preparation of OUAT 2021
|OUAT Entrance Guide||Check Price Here|
|B.Sc. Agriculture Pravesh Pariksha 2020 (Old edition)||Check Price Here|
|OUAT||Check Price Here|
|OUAT Entrance guide for BSC & Btech||Check Price Here|
|A Competitive Book of Agriculture for UPSC, PSCs ARS/SRF/JRF, Pre PG & Ph.D||Check Price Here|
Exam Day Guidelines
The candidates are required to follow the below-given instructions on the day of the examination.
- The candidates must report to the test centre according to the reporting time mentioned in their admit card.
- No candidates shall be allowed to enter the examination 15 minutes after the starting of the exam.
- OMR sheets consists of 2 copies ie. original copy and candidate’s copy. The candidates must not fold the OMR answer sheet and separate them while answering.
- Before leaving the examination hall, make sure the original OMR sheet has been handed to the invigilator. You can take the candidate’s copy with yourself at the end of the examination.
- Be cautious while darkening the circles for the roll number as any mistake in darkening the roll number shall lead to loss of identity and the candidate will be liable for rejection.
- The candidates can do rough work in the space provided in the question booklet. Rough work must not be done in the OMR answer sheet.
- Make sure to not bring any prohibited materials like mobile phone, papers, any other electronic devices.
- The candidates have to put their full signatures in the attendance sheet and have to enter their question booklet series as well.
- Before answering any questions, make sure that the quastion booklet / OMR answer sheet is complete. If any mistake is there, report to the invigilator immediately and ask for a fresh question booklet or OMR answer sheet.
- Do not put any sign or identification mark etc in OMR answer sheet. If candidates do this, they will be liable for rejection.
- The candidates must cooperate with the invigilators and obey the instructions.
- If any unfair means is adopted by the candidate during the examination, then he / she will be liable to be debarred from the entrance examination.
OUAT 2021 Result
Result for OUAT releases in the online mode only at ouat.nic.in or ouat-lokaseba-odisha.in. Some important points related to OUAT 2021 result are given below.
- The result is declared in the form of a rank card at the candidate’s login.
- The rank card is not sent via post. However, in case of Doctoral entrance test, a SMS is sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number about the declaration of the result.
- To check OUAT 2021 result, the candidates are required to enter their application number and date of birth.
OUAT 2021 Selection Process
OUAT entrance examination is conducted for the admission into UG, PG and Ph.D programmes. Check the selection process for every degree level given below.
- There is a single common entrance examination for the admission into UG courses such as B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture, B.Sc (Hons.) Horticulture, B.Sc (Hons.) Forestry etc.
- For the admission into UG courses, the admission is done on the basis of the merit (weighted score). This weighted score is calculated according to the candidate’s performance in academic career and entrance examination.
If two or more candidates have the same weighted score, then the following tie-breaking criteria will be followed to resolve the ties:
- Firstly of all, the candidates with higher marks in the entrance exam will be considered
- Then, percentage in class 10+2 Science or equivalent shall be taken into account
- Next, percentage of HSC marks will be taken into account
- Then, higher marks in PCB / PCM will be taken into account
Calculation of weighted score for UG courses
|Particulars||Percentage of reservation|
|HSC or equivalent||25%|
|+2 Science or equivalent (PCB / PCM)||25%|
- The admission into PG programmes will be done on the basis of the merit.
- There shall be a common merit list for admission into master’s programme of a specific faculty.
- The merit list for PG programme shall be prepared as per the marks of the entrance exam + weightage on extracurricular activities
If there is a tie, the following order shall be followed to resolve the tie:
- Highest entrance marks followed by highest OGPA (Overall Grade Point Average) or percentage of marks in the qualifying exam (Graduation)
- Then, percentage in 10+2 Science or equivalent will be considered
- Next, highest percentage of marks in class 10th shall be considered
For Doctoral Programmes
- The selection of the doctoral programme shall be done according to the merit of the candidates.
- Separate merit lists will be published for different programmes.
- The merit list shall be prepared according to the performance of the candidates in the entrance exam.
- Highest entrance mark in Master’s level
- Next, the marks at Graduation level are considered
- Then, the marks in +2 Science / equivalent are considered
For Admission into Diploma Agro-Polytechnic
- The selection is done according to the percentage of marks in HSC or equivalent and +2 Science or equivalent exam as per 50:50 basis.
OUAT 2021 Counselling
The candidates who are included in the merit list are required to participate in OUAT 2021 counselling. The details for counselling are released online at ouat.nic.in. The counselling is conducted via online mode.
The counselling process is given below (For UG courses)
- Registration for online counselling
- Choice filling
- Seat allocation
- Locking of seat allotted / Upgradation of seats
- Payment for accepting the seat
- Verification of documents
OUAT 2021 Seat Intake
Check the seat intake given below for the courses offered via OUAT 2021.
For UG Courses
- Click here to check UG courses breakup of seats.
- Click here to check PG and Doctoral programme seat intake.
OUAT 2021 Fee Structure
Check the fee structure given below for OUAT 2021.
For UG Courses
|Registration Fee||Rs 250|
|Recognition Fee||Rs 130|
|Identity Card and Library Card||Rs 60 + 60|
|Library Caution Money||Rs 610|
|Laboratory Caution Money||Rs 1210|
|Cultural Fee||Rs 730|
|Fee for sports including Yoga||Rs 730|
|Orientation Programme||Rs 300|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture / B.Sc (Hons. Hort) / |
B.Sc (Hons.) Forestry / B.F.Sc / B.Tech (Agril Engg)
|B.V.Sc & AH||Rs 50,820|
|B.Sc (Community Science)||Rs 12,100|
Fee Structure for Master’s and Doctoral Programme
|Only once at the time of admission||Master’s programme||Ph.D programme|
|Counselling Fee||Rs 500||Rs 500|
|Registration Fee||Rs 220||Rs 220|
|Recognition Free||Rs 110||Rs 110|
|Identity Card||Rs 60||Rs 60|
|Library Card (Rs 55 for Doctoral programmes offered at|
College of Basic Science and Himanities)
|Rs 60||Rs 60|
|Library Caution Money||Rs 1100||Rs 1100|
|Laboratory Caution Money||Rs 1100||Rs 1100|
|Development Fee and Computer Lab Fee||Rs 13,200||Rs 19,800|
|Cultural Fee||Rs 660||Rs 660|
|Sports Fee with Yoga||Rs 660||Rs 660|
For Diploma Courses at Agro-Polytechnic
|Fee to be paid once at the time of admission||Amount|
|Registration Fee||Rs 220|
|Recognition Fee||Rs 110|
|Identity Card||Rs 110|
|Laboratory Caution Money||Rs 550|
|Development Fee||Rs 2200|
Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology was set up in the year 1962. It was established under the provisions of Orissa Act, 1961. The university offers education in Horticulture, Agriculture, Veterniary Science and Animal Husbandry, Forestry, Fishery Science etc.
The university offers courses at UG, PG, Diploma and Doctoral levels. The university 11 constitutent colleges. OUAT has 4 academic campuses across Odisha situated at Bhubaneshwar, Sambalpur, Chiplima, Rangeilunda.
Official Website: ouat.nic.in
Odisha University of Agriculture & Technology Bhubaneswar-751003 Odisha, India.
PBX Phone -: (0674)-2397970/2397818/ 2397719/ 2397669 / 2397719 / 2397919 / 2397868
FAQs for OUAT 2021
Ans. The official website for OUAT 2021 is ouat.nic.in.
Ans. UG entrance exam is conducted in the offline mode.
Ans. OUAT takes place for many programmes at UG, PG, Doctoral and Diploma level.
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in OUAT 2021.
Ans. OUAT 2021 application form cannot be filled via offline mode. It can be filled only via online mode.
Ans. You are required to carry a valid id proof along with OUAT 2021 admit card.
Ans. You are required to fill Form B at the time of applying for UG programmes.
Ans. You can check the result for the entrance examination by entering the application number and date of birth.