NMAT Syllabus 2021 – NMAT consists of 3 different sections: Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, Logical Reasoning, and syllabus is provided for each. NMAT Syllabus 2021 is released on its official website – mba.com. Each section will have 36 questions. Candidates who wish to appear for NMAT 2021 have to make familiarize themselves with all three sections. Each section consists of a variety of topics to cover. NMAT 2021 will be conducted from 14 Oct 2021 to 27 Dec 2021.
NMAT Syllabus 2021
Latest – NMAT 2021 Application Form is released. Apply here.
NMAT Syllabus 2021 for Language Skills
This section of NMAT 2021 tests the candidate’s understanding of the English Language. The candidate will be given 28 minutes to answer the questions of this section. The language skills section consist of various topics, which are:
|Reading Comprehension||Para Forming||Error Identification|
- Reading Comprehension – In reading comprehension candidate has to read a paragraph and then answer the questions only with the information of the paragraph.
- Para Forming – In this the candidate has to arrange the sentences logically to form a reasonable paragraph.
- Error Identification – In this candidate has to find the grammatical errors in a sentence.
- Prepositions – The candidate needs to find the correct preposition in the sentence.
- Sentence Completion – THe candidate needs to complete the sentence with the help of the correct option.
- Analogies – In these types of questions candidates need to find a relationship with the help of the relationship already provided.
Candidates need to master these concepts to achieve good scores in this section – Tenses, Articles, Subject-Verb Agreement, Articles, nouns, and pronouns. To prepare for this section candidates can refer to the NMAT Official Guide 2021 and the list of books mentioned on this page.
NMAT Syllabus 2021 for Quantitative Skills
This section of NMAT 2021 tests the candidate’s understanding of the various mathematical concepts. The candidate will be given 52 minutes to answer the questions of this section. The quantitative skills section consists of various topics which are:
|Number Properties||Algebra and Probability||DI Graphs and Charts|
|Arithmetic||DI Caselets and Tables||Data Sufficiency|
- Number Properties – Question with concepts like Multiples, Factors, LCM, HCF, Perfect Squares, Prime Factorization, Factorials are asked.
- Algebra and Probability – Question with concepts like Linear/quadratic/higher degree equations, inequalities, logarithms, functions, probability are asked.
- DI Graphs and Charts – The candidates will be given a chart or a graph, and they have to answer the questions by interpreting the data.
- DI Caselets and Tables – In this a statement will be given, it has to be converted into a table. And then candidates have to answer them by interpreting the data.
- Arithmetic – Question with concepts like averages, mean/mode/median, percentages, HCF, Perfect Squares, Prime Factorization, Factorials, Ratio/Proportion, Profit/Loss, Speed/Time/Distance are asked.
- Data Sufficiency – In these questions, the candidate needs to check whether the data given in the question is sufficient enough to answer the question.
To make the calculations easy in these sections candidates can strengthen these concepts – basic percentage formulas, multiplication tables, squares/square roots/cube/cube roots of numbers. Besides this to prepare for this section candidates can refer to the NMAT Official Guide 2021, books mentioned on this page, and practice a lot of questions.
NMAT Syllabus 2021 for Logical Reasoning
This section of NMAT 2021 tests the candidate’s decision-making skills and critical thinking abilities. The candidate will be given 40 minutes to answer the questions of this section. The quantitative skills section consists of various topics which are:
|Critical Reasoning||Analytical Puzzles|
- Critical Reasoning – In this candidates are asked questions that test their thinking skills over problems that require critical analysis.
- Analytical Puzzles – In this section questions on concepts like blood relations, arrangements, inequalities are asked.
- Deductions – Questions with the concept of deductive reasoning are asked in this section.
The best way to prepare for this section is to follow the NMAT Official Guide 2021.
NMAT Official Guide 2021
NMAT Official Guide is a resource material released by GMAC to assist the interested candidates for NMAT. Features of NMAT Official GUide 2021 can be found in below points:
- It is created by the creators of NMAT exam
- Detailed information about NMAT 2021 format and structure
- Includes a 6-week study plan to assist in exam preparation
- 220 questions from past NMAT exams with explanations and answers
- 475 practice questions with explanations and answers to assist the students
NMAT 2021 Books
The best way to prepare for NMAT 2021 is with the help of the NMAT 2021 Official Guide. Interested candidates can also refer to these books besides the official Guide.
|Quantitative Aptitude for CAT – Arun Sharma||Click Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations – R.S. Aggarwal||Click Here|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT – Nishit Sinha||Click Here|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT – Arun Sharma||Click Here|
|Word Power Made Easy – Norman Lewis||Click Here|
|High School English Grammar & Composition – Wren & Martin||Click Here|
FAQs about NMAT Syllabus 2021
A. NMAT 2021 consists of 3 sections – Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, Logical Reasoning.
A. One of the best ways to prepare for NMAT 2021 is with the help of NMAT Official Guide 2021.
A. NMAT syllabus is almost similar to CAT. Data sufficiency is a topic that is not present in CAT.
A. Word Power Made Easy – Norman Lewis and High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin are some of the books you can consider for verbal reasoning.
A. Syllabus of NMAT is almost the same for the last few years.
A. NMAT syllabus is released by GMAC and is available on its official website.