NMAT 2022 Syllabus – The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) has released the NMAT syllabus 2022 on its official website at mba.org/nmat. The NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (NMAT) is held for admission into the two-year MBA courses offered by the participating universities. The admission of students will be on the basis of the scores obtained in NMAT 2022. Hence, candidates must have proper knowledge of the NMAT 2022 syllabus and exam pattern to prepare thoroughly for the examination. Knowing the complete syllabus would help the students cover the important and major topics properly. The NMAT 2022 detailed syllabus is given in the article below for students’ reference.
NMAT 2022 Syllabus
The NMAT 2022 Syllabus includes topics from 3 sections which are logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude, and language skills. Candidates must know the syllabus of the NMAT exam thoroughly before starting their preparation. Every topic is crucial and must be covered before solving the mock test and sample papers. Candidates interested can check the syllabus of NMAT 2022 given below –
NMAT 2022 Syllabus for Logical Reasoning
- Linear and Circular Arrangements
- Blood Relation Questions
- Coding Questions
- Series Questions
- Direction Questions
- Alphabet Test Questions
- Input Output questions
- Matrix Type Questions
- Symbol Based Questions
- Other Reasoning Questions
- Statement and Argument Questions
- Statement and Assumption Questions
- Statement and Inference Questions
- Decision making and Course of Action
- Critical Reasoning
NMAT 2022 Syllabus for Quantitative Skills
- Time & Work
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Other Questions on Arithmetic
- Permutation & Combination
- Coordinate Geometry
- Progression-Arithmetic, Geometric, Harmonic, Relationship
- Set Theory
- Venn Diagrams
- Bar Chart
- Pie Chart
- Line Graphs
- Linear EquationsQuadratic Equation
- Absolute Value
- Other questions on Algebra
- Geometry & Mensuration
NMAT 2022 Syllabus for Language Skills
- Fill in the Blanks
- Cloze Test
- Identify the Error
- Choose the Correct Preposition
- Reading Comprehension
- Sequence of Ideas
- Applied Grammar
- Error Detection
NMAT 2022 Exam Pattern
To prepare better for NMAT 2022, candidates need to know the NMAT exam pattern after knowing the syllabus of the NMAT 2022 exam. The NMAT 2022 exam will be held in the online remote proctored based mode only. Students can check the detailed exam pattern given below –
- Exam mode – Online remote proctored based mode
- Total no. of questions – 108 multiple-choice questions (MCQs)
- Duration of the Exam – 120 minutes
- Language of Exam – English
- Marking Scheme – Students will be awarded 1 mark for every correct/right answer and no mark will be deducted for every incorrect/wrong answer. Sectional timing is present. Students have to complete each section within the given time limit.
The question distribution for each of the three sections is given below for student’s reference:
|Subjects||No. of questions||Score Range||Time Limit(min)|
|Total||108 questions||36-360||120 minutes|
Books Recommended to Prepare for NMAT 2022
Candidates appearing for the exam must select good and recommended books for their NMAT 2022 preparation. A good reference book covers all the important and major topics. A lot of reference books are available online as well as in local book stores but students should stick to 1 or 2 recommended books only as a lot of study material can confuse them. Following are the books shared by the toppers and experts for the proper and thorough preparation of NMAT 2022:
|Quantitative Aptitude for CAT – Arun Sharma||Click Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations – R.S. Aggarwal||Click Here|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT – Nishit Sinha||Click Here|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT – Arun Sharma||Click Here|
|Word Power Made Easy – Norman Lewis||Click Here|
|High School English Grammar & Composition – Wren & Martin||Click Here|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal||Click Here|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning by Ashok Gupta||Click Here|
Preparation Tips for NMAT 2022
In order to score good marks, the candidates should have excellent knowledge in all subjects ranging from logical Reasoning to Quantitative skills. Students appearing for the exam must practice and work hard to ace the exam. The candidate can follow the given NMAT preparation tips recommended by toppers and analysts for thorough and complete preparation for the upcoming NMAT 2022 entrance exam.
- After going through the detailed syllabus, take a copy and write down the lengthy and difficult topics of NMAT. Note down the subject-wise topics in these notes. Now make a plan accordingly.
- After writing down the syllabus, mark the topics that have to be studied from the starting and circle those topics that need just basic revision.
- Select the best books available in the market for each section. Do not refer to a lot of books for the preparation as they can confuse you. Make sure to stick to 2-3 main books and you will be fine.
- Solve a number of questions in Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning as those sections can get trickier and lengthier. While for language skills, constant practice of the grammar concepts and reading newspapers daily is the key.
- Solve numerous mock tests after you are done preparing for the exam. This will enable you to know at what speed you have to solve all the 108 questions in 120 minutes.
- Clarify all your conceptual doubts from your teachers or respective mentors beforehand. Make sure your concepts are crystal clear by practicing questions of different difficulty levels.
NMAT 2022 Syllabus – FAQs
Ans. The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) releases the syllabus of the NMAT 2022 exam along with various sample papers on its official website at register.nmat.org.
Ans. The NMAT 2022 Paper is of a total of 360 marks with 108 questions to be answered.
And. Yes, the NMAT 2022 examination will be conducted in three phases in an online remote proctored mode only. The dates for the three phases has been released by the university on its official website
Ans. Total 1 mark will be awarded for answering the right answer while no marks will be deducted for any wrong or incorrect answer. Negative marking is absent and sectional timing is present.
Ans. Follow all the preparation tips and revise whatever you have studied in the past days at least 3 times for proper retention. Do not refer to many books and make a study plan or timetable for managing your time.