NIMCET 2021 – The NIMCET 2021 exam is hereby postponed due to the pandemic. NIT Raipur has announced that they will publish the new exam date at least 15 days before the exam. Application form submission is over. The admit card is supposed to be released on May 15, 2021. However, if the exam remains postponed then the hall ticket release may be delayed. The exam was supposed to be held on May 23, 2021. NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) is the national level entrance test for MCA admissions in NITs. In total 11 NITs participate in the exam. Know NIMCET 2021 syllabus, exam pattern, application process, eligibility criteria, and more details here.
Latest – NIMCET 2021 Postponed
About Course Offered – NIMCET 2021 is the national level MCA entrance exam. The duration of MCA programme at NIT Patna is 2 years. In the case of NIT Warangal, MCA is of 3 year duration, however, the candidates can exit after 2 years and then the programme will be termed as Post-Graduate Advanced Diploma in Computer Applications. In the rest of the participating institutes, the duration of MCA programme is 3 years.
NIMCET 2021 Exam Dates
Check all the important and events of NIMCET 2021 from the table below:
|NIMCET 2021||Important Dates|
|Publication of Advertisement in Press and Web||6 Mar 2021|
|Opening date for online Registration||11 Mar 2021|
|Last date for online submission of Application Form||7 Apr 2021|
|Form Correction||02 – 07 Apr 2021|
|Generated application form can be downloaded till||30 Apr 2021|
|Availability of Admit card on web for download|
|Date of Publication of Result (Tentative)|
|First Round of Allotment|
|First round of remote reporting in person in any of the Participating NIT’s|
|Second round of Allotment / upgradation|
|Second round of remote reporting in person|
|Third round of allotment / upgradation|
|Third round of reporting in person at the allotted institute and Surrendering the allotted seats|
|Announcement of vacant seats|
|Fresh Choice Filling|
|Final round of Seat allotment|
|Final round of reporting at allotted institute|
NIMCET 2021 Admit Card
The eligible applicants are issued NIMCET 2021 admit card at nimcet.in. The applicants can download the admit card by entering the email and password.
- The candidates shall have to produce the admit card to the exam centre.
- The candidates must take a printout of the admit card on precision printers only such as Laser Printers. Do not take printout on Inkjet printers.
- If there is any issue while downloading the hall ticket then contact authorities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is advised to keep their admit card in safe custody. It has to be produced at the counselling centre / remote reporting center and participating institutes.
NIMCET will be held in 1 session, on Sunday. The schedule is as follows:
|Last entry in the exam||1.30 pm|
|NIMCET 2021 starts at||2.00 pm|
|The exam ends at||4.00 pm|
NIMCET 2021 Syllabus
Check the syllabus of NIMCET 2021 given below.
|Mathematics|| > Set Theory|
> Probability and Statistics
> Coordinate Geometry
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||> Questions shall cover logical situation and will be based on passage|
|Computer Awareness||> Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, and back-up devices|
> Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, binary arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams
|General English||> Comprehension|
> Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles)
> Word Power
> Synonyms and Antonyms
> Meaning of Words and Phrases
> Technical Writing
Check the exam pattern of NIMCET 2021 given below.
- NIMCET is a computer-based test
- The test is of 2 hours duration
- The question paper consists of 120 multiple-choice questions
- The question paper will be available in English language only
- Each question is of 04 marks
- 01 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
Distribution of questions
|Topics||No. of questions|
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40|
Recommended Books for NIMCET 2021
Check the books given below to prepare for NIMCET 2021.
|MCA ENTRANCES: Useful for NIMCET, 15 Years’ Solved |
Papers & 5 Model Papers (With Explanations)
|A Complete Study Package for MCA Entrances||Buy Here|
|A Complete Study Package for MCA Entrances(Old Edition)||Buy Here|
|Solved Papers For MCA Entrances 2020(Old Edition)||Buy Here|
|Solved Papers For MCA Entrances 2021||Buy Here|
Important Instructions for NIMCET 2021
Check the important instructions for NIMCET 2021 given below.
- The candidates have to report at least 30 minutes before the starting of the test.
- Calculators, mobile phones, electronic gadgets must not be taken at the exam centre.
- All rough work has to be done in the test booklet only. No separate sheet shall be provided for the rough work.
NIMCET 2021 Test Centres
Check the list of NIMCET 2021 test centres given below.
|Test Centre||Center code||Test Centre||Center code|
NIMCET 2021 Result
The candidates can check NIMCET 2021 result at nimcet.in. The successful candidates are also sent an email conveying that their result has been announced.
- To download the rank card, the candidates have to enter the username and password.
- The candidates who obtain the qualifying marks are declared as qualified. Such candidates have to take part in the counselling process.
- Only those candidates who have obtained a rank in NIMCET-2021 can take admission into MCA programme at participating institutes.
Qualifying Marks for NIMCET 2021
The qualifying criteria for NIMCET 2021 is applicable for the candidates. It is important all the candidates should know it. The rank is allocated on the basis of marks secured in the exam. The important points for allocation of rank are as follows:
- Marks obtained in Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, English, are multiplied by a factor of 3, 1.5, 2 and 1 respectively.
- Hence, the maximum marks in the exam is 1000.
- Ranking is based on total weighted marks.
In case of tie – weighted marks in Mathematics, followed by weighted marks in Analytical Ability & Logical reasoning and then on weighted marks in Computer Awareness are used. If the tie is resolves via these, then older candidate get the higher rank.
- If a candidate get zero (0) or negative marks in Mathematics or in the Exam then they are disqualified.
NIMCET 2021 Counselling
After the declaration of the result, the qualified candidates are awarded a rank. After qualifying NIMCET 2021, the candidates have to do choice-filling of the institutes by logging into their account.
Seat Allotment: After the submission of the order of preferences of choices, the candidates are allotted seats as per their rank in NIMCET 2021. There are 3 rounds of seat allotment.
- The candidates who are allotted seats in the first two rounds have to pay an initial fee of Rs 10,000 online and take the seat allotment letter.
- Candidates who get the seats in the 1st or 2nd round of allotment have to report to the respective institute.
- Then, the 3rd round of allotment is held.
After the third round of reporting, the vacant seats in all the participating NITs are published at the official website, nimcet.in. All those candidates who have surrendered the seats and who were not allotted any seats are eligible to fill up the fresh choices for the final round of seat allotment.
Seat Intake at NITs
Check the seat intake at NITs given below.
|NITs||No. of seats|
|NIT Kurukshetra (Self-Financing)||32|
|NIT Patna (Self-Financing)||40|
The detailed seat distribution is as follows:
NIMCET 2021 Participating Institutes
The 11 NITS that shall take admission based on NIMCET 2021 scores are:
- National Institute of Technology, Agartala
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
- National Institute of Technology, Patna
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur
- National Institute of Technology, Karnataka, Surathkal
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli (Trichy)
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
NIMCET 2021 Application Form
The NIMCET 2021 application form has been released on 11th March.
The candidates can fill application form online at nimcet.in. Multiple user logins must not be created while filling the application form. Also, note that the hardcopy of the applications and any supporting documents must not be sent to NIT Raipur.
Candidates can also access the NIMCET 2021 application form correction window from 2 to 7 April 2021. To do the same, candidates have to send unlock request via email for editing the NIMCET Application Form.
How to apply?
- Register: First of all, click on the link of registration given above on this page. A new page will open. Here, click on the ‘New registration’ link to create a new account. Enter the email id, password, security question and answer, mobile number.
- Fill the application form: Then, fill the application form. Enter all the personal and academic information. Choose the test centres in the order of preferences.
- Upload the documents: After entering all the details, upload the documents and mark sheets.
- Pay the application fee: Then, pay the application fee.
- Take a printout of the application form: Download the PDF version of the completed application form. Lastly, take its printout for future reference.
Application Fee: The application fee is non-refundable.
|OPEN / OPEN-EWS / OBC||Rs. 2500|
|SC / ST / PwD||Rs. 1250|
The eligibility criteria of NIMCET 2021 is as follows and all the candidates need to fulfill it.
Indian Nationals are eligible to appear NIMCET 2021. Check the eligibility criteria given below.
Minimum percentage: The candidates must have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale (55% for SC / ST / PwD).
- The candidates must have passed B.Sc / B.Sc (Hons.) / BCA / BIT / B.Voc (Computer Science / Computer Applications) / BBA (Computer Applications) of minimum 3 year full-time programme from a recognized university with Mathematics / Statistics as one of the subjects.
- The candidates who have passed B.E / B.Tech from a recognized university are eligible to appear for NIMCET 2021.
Note: The candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination can also apply for NIMCET 2021. Such candidates have to submit proof of the candidature at the time of counselling.
The candidates who have completed / completing B.Sc / B.Sc (Hons.) / BCA/ BIT programme of 3 years from Open Universities are also eligible to apply if the programme is approved by UGC / AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India.
Official Website: nimcet.in
The Chairman / Secretary,
National Institute of Technology Raipur, Raipur
G. E. Road, Raipur – 492010, Chhattisgarh
Contact No.: +91 72900 95838
|Information Brochure||Download here|
|Important dates||Download here|
|Seat Matrix||Download here|
|Participating institute||Download here|
FAQs on NIMCET 2021
Ans. NIMCET 2021 will be held in the online mode.
Ans. Yes, you can apply for NIMCET 2021.
Ans. No, you have to appear for NIMCET from the allotted test center only.
Ans. No, you cannot apply for NIMCET via offline mode. You have to apply via online mode at nimcet.in only.
Ans. Yes, 01 mark shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
Ans. No, the admit card will not be sent via post.
Official website – nimcet.in.