NIMCET 2021 Syllabus – NIT Raipur has released NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) 2021 syllabus. The syllabus has been released along with the official brochure of the exam. After knowing the syllabus, the candidates get to know the exact topics from which questions are framed in the exam. The question paper consists of the questions from Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness and General English. Read below to know about NIMCET 2021 syllabus.
NIMCET 2021 Syllabus
NIMCET is a computer-based test held for admission into MCA programme at NIT Patna, NIT Warangal, NIT Jamshedpur, NIT Calicut etc. Check the section-wise syllabus given below.
NIMCET 2021 Syllabus for Mathematics
- Set Theory: Concept of Sets – Union, Intersection, Cardinality, Elementary Counting, Permuations and Combinations
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of Probability Theory, Averages, Dependent and Independent Events, Frequency Distributions, Measures of Central Tendencies and Dispersions
- Algebra: Fundamental Operations in Algebra, Factorization, Simultaneous Linear / Quadratic Equations, Indices, Logarithms, Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic Progressions, Dterminants and Matrices
- Co-ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian Coordinates, Distance Formulae, Equation of a Line, Intersection of Lines, Pair of Straight Lines, Equations of a Circle, Parabola, Ellipse and Hyperbola.
- Vectors: Position Vector, Addition and Subtraction of Vectors, Scalar and Vector Products and their applications to Simple geometrical problems and mechanics
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, general solutions of trigonometric equations
- Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous function, differentiation of a function, tangents and normals, simple example of maxima and minima, Integration of function by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integrals, application of definite integrals to areas
NIMCET 2021 Syllabus for Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- The questions in this section shall cover logical situation and questions based on the given facts on the passage
NIMCET 2021 Syllabus for Computer Awareness
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, Input / Output devices, Computer Memory, and back-up devices
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, binary arithmetic; addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating-point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn Diagrams
NIMCET 2021 Syllabus for General English
- Basic English Grammar (usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions, and articles)
- Word Power
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Meaning of Words and Phrases
- Technical Writing
Exam Pattern of NIMCET 2021
NIMCET has a one-question paper that has 120 multiple-choice questions. The question paper is available in the English language only. In all, 2 hours are given to complete the test.
Each question in the test carries 04 marks. There is a deduction of 01 marks in case of each wrong answer. More than one answer marked will also be negatively marked. Un-answered questions will lead to 0 marks.
Distribution of questions:
- Mathematics – 50
- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning: 40
- Computer Awareness: 10
- General English: 20
Recommended Books to Prepare for NIMCET 2021
Given below are some books that can be referred for NIMCET 2021.
|Complete General English Book||Buy Here|
|Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams||Buy Here|
|A Complete Study Package for MCA Entrances||Buy Here|
|Solved Papers For MCA Entrances 2021||Buy Here|
|A Complete Study Package for MCA Entrances(Old Edition)||Buy Here|
Preparation Tips for NIMCET 2021
Check the preparation tips for NIMCET 2021 given below.
Understand the syllabus: Start the preparation by checking the topics from the syllabus. By knowing the syllabus, one can know the important topics from which questions are generally asked in the exam.
Make notes: It is advised to make notes specifying all the important points of the difficult topics. Making notes helps in the revision of topics. So, make a habit of making notes.
Solve previous year question papers: The candidates must solve the previous year question papers to know what type of questions usually come in the exam, their difficulty level, weightage of topics etc.
Revision: Do not leave the revision part for the last few days. Keep revising the studied concepts regularly to help in memorizing the topics.
FAQs on NIMCET 2021 Syllabus
Ans. NIT Raipur will conduct NIMCET 2021.
Ans. Yes, the syllabus for NIMCET is officially released.
Ans. For each incorrect answer, 01 marks are deducted. More than one answer indicated to a question will also be negatively marked.
Ans. There are total 120 questions in the test.