|NIFT 2021||Syllabus||Application Form|
|Correction||Sample Papers||Exam Pattern|
|Admit Card||Answer Key||Result|
NIFT 2021 Syllabus – Check and download here NIFT syllabus for CAT, GAT, Situation Test, GD / PI. The syllabus has been prescribed by the National Institute of Fashion Technology. It contains details and topics from which questions are asked in the exam. Candidates preparing for NIFT 2021 entrance exam can check check the syllabus and prepare as per it. The syllabus of NIFT 2021 is available as pdf. Know more details on NIFT 2021 syllabus from below.
NIFT 2021 Syllabus
As per the syllabus mentioned in the NIFT prospectus 2021, the topics that are asked in NIFT CAT, GAT and situation tests are given in the following pdf files:
Recommended: NIFT 2021 admit card
Detailed NIFT Syllabus 2021
You can check out the important topics for NIFT 2021 Syllabus from down below.
For General Aptitude Test: This test is applicable to all programmes like B.Des / M.Des / MFtech / MFM / M.Des.
- Quantitative Ability: The questions will be asked from Addition, Multiplication, Ratio and Proportion, Rate of Interest, Work and Test.
- Communication Ability and English Comprehension: The students have to answer questions on plural, antonyms, synonym, idioms, phrases, correct spelling, phrases.
- Analytical and Logical Ability: The candidates logic, problem solving, inferring ability is assessed.
- General Knowledge: Candidates should have a knowledge of current affairs and daily updates.
- Case Study: The questions are asked from the situation of industry environment and candidates managerial ability.
Important: NIFT 2021 form correction
For Creative Ability Test: In this the power of observation, concept of development, color and illustration skills are assessed.
For Situation Test: Shortlisted candidates from B.Des. have to give a situation test. In which the candidate’s skills in material handling, finesse of the model and overall presentation and composition of elements, colour scheme, construction skill are taken into consideration.
For Group Discussion: Candidates have to participate in 15-20 minutes of group discussion based on following topics.
- Knowledge of the topic assigned
- Contribution made to the topic
- Interpersonal skills
- Conceptual clarity
- Ability to generate new ideas
- Problem solving approach
- Leadership qualities
- Effective communication
For Personal Interview: Students are assessed based on the following parameters.
Related: NIFT 2021 application form
- Career orientation
- Aptness for the course
- Overall personal achievements in academics and co-curricular activities
- General awareness and aptitude, creative and lateral thinking
NIFT 2021 Exam Pattern
The candidates need to learn and understand the NIFT exam pattern as the very step to prepare for the NIFT examination. It is as follows.
- Mode of Test: NIFT exam is conducted in offline mode.
- Type of Questions: NIFT consists of MCQ Type Questions.
- Duration of exam: NIFT exam for B.Des and M.Des is held for 120 minutes and for BFTech/ MFTech/ MFM is of 180 minutes.
- Number of Sections: There are 5 section in the GAT exam.
- Language: NIFT is held in English and Hindi language
- Number of Questions: The distribution of questions is as follows.
GAT exam pattern for UG and PG Design Courses:
|Language of Written Test||English /Hindi||English /Hindi|
|Duration||120 minutes||120 minutes|
|Sections||Number of Questions||Number of Questions|
|General Knowledge and|
GAT exam pattern for BFTech / MFTech / MFM:
|Duration||180 minutes||180 minutes||180 minutes|
Ability & English
|Analytical & Logical|
And Current Affair
NIFT 2021 Selection Process
- For B.Des course you have to prepare for GAT, CAT, and a situation test.
- If you are aiming to take admission in the M.Des at the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), then you have to prepare for General Ability Test (GAT), Creative Ability Test (CAT), and GD / PI.
- While for Bachelor of Fashion Technology candidates have to take the GAT only.
- For the Master of Fashion Technology, and Master of Fashion Management courses you have to appear for GAT and GD / PI.
The Weightages of CAT and GAT in NIFT 2021:
|Program||CAT||GAT||Situation Test / GD-PI|
|B.Des||50%||30%||Situation Test – 20%|
|M.Des||40%||30%||GD / PI – 30%|
|MFTech||NA||70%||GD / PI – 30%|
|MFM||NA||70%||GD / PI – 30%|
How to Prepare for NIFT 2021 Exam as per Syllabus?
The applicants can refer to the following tips on how to prepare for NIFT 2021 examination.
Try and Sketch anything you come cross: NIFT is actually a design aptitude exam. It is very important to draw and sketch each and everything you come across. This helps in acing good marks in creative aptitude test.
Read newspapers, focus on banners and posters: You should take ideas from the banners, poster and newspaper illustrations. This helps in inculcating innovative ideas.
Make less of eraser while sketching: You have to literally a sketch a lot, but if you use a lot of erasing then, a lot of time will go in the same. So, practice sketching with less of erasing instances.
Solve a lot of sample / previous year papers: A lot of questions are asked indirectly every year. Hence it is important that you practice atleast 2-3 papers every day. It will also help to analyse strengths and weakness.
Learn the basic colour theory: There are 3 types of colours schemes. You should know a lot about it for getting good marks in NIFT.
Prepare from Class 10 and Class 12 subjects: You should study Maths, English subjects for getting marks in the NIFT.
Read News Paper Daily: You should be updated about what is happening around you to ace the General Knowledge And Current Affairs section.
Important Books for NIFT 2021 Exam
The candidates can refer to the following books for the NIFT exam:
|Name of Book||Link to Purchase|
|NIFT Exam Full Package||Buy Here|
|NIFT / NID (Admission Test) Previous Years’ Papers||Buy Here|
|General Knowledge Capsule 2020 with Current Affairs||Buy Here|
|NIFT Situation Test Booklet||Buy Here|
|NIFT PG (M.Des) Study Pack for 2020: 15 books with Previous year Question||Buy Here|
|Nift/Nid/Nata/Ceed/Uceed Entrance Books-Analytical Ability||Buy Here|
|NID-NIFT-UCEED-CEED Workbook||Buy Here|
About NIFT 2021
NIFT 2021 exam is held by the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT). It is conducted in the pen and paper mode. The seats are allotted into the B.Des / M.Des / MFTech / BFtech and MFM courses in the NIFT colleges and other result sharing institutes. The selection criteria includes the Creative Ability Test, General Ability Test (GAT) exam, Situation Test and GD / PI as per the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions on NIFT 2021 Syllabus
Ans. NIFT CAT tests the candidates observation power, design ability, creativity in thought development.
Ans. NIFT GAT comprises of the questions framed from the topics like Quantitative Ability, GK and Current Affairs, Analytical and Logical Ability, Communication Ability and English Comprehension, Case Study.
Ans. In NIFT Situation Test, the following parameters of the candidates like their skills in material handling, colour scheme, construction skill, finesse of the model and overall presentation and composition of elements are considered.
Ans. NIFT entrance exam is held in the offline mode.