NIFT 2021 result will be announced in February or March. The National Institute of Fashion and Technology shall declare the NIFT result for B.Des, B.F.Tech, MFM, M.Des, M.F.Tech one by one. All candidates who appeared in the NIFT 2021 entrance exams CAT (creative ability test) and GAT (general ability test) can check their results from direct link that will be provided on this page, for the official website nift.ac.in. To check results, candidates need to login with their application number, date of birth, and roll number. The date, time, link, how to check, process of admission, counselling and other details related to NIFT result 2021 are available and explained here.
NIFT Result Date 2021
First, NIFT will conduct the GAT exam ie. General Ability Test and CAT exam i.e. Creative Ability Test on February 14, 2020. Then, the answer key and objection for GAT will be available from February 17 to 20, 2021 on the website nift.ac.in. After that the institute will compile final answers on the basis of objections received and compile the results. On the basis of that, the result of NIFT 2021 will be announced.
India’s premier fashion and design institutes has released the NIFT result dates for all the selection rounds. Candidates are given admission based on the final result. Hence, the applicants can check the scheduled dates below.
|NIFT 2021 written exam date (UG and PG Courses)||14 Feb 2021|
|Result of the written entrance test||February/March 2021|
|Situation test/group discussion/personal interview||April/May 2021|
|Announcement of the NIFT 2021 final result||End Week of May/June 2021|
|Counselling session begins||End Week of May/June 2021 (onwards)|
How to Check NIFT Result 2021?
The National Institute of Fashion and Technology releases the entrance test result separately for the written and situation test. Applicants can check their result by visiting the official website. So, the step by step process to check the NIFT 2021 result are as follows-
- Firstly, visit the official website of NIFT i.e, nift.ac.in
- Then click on the result link available on the homepage of the website.
- Now, the candidates have to submit any two of the following details- roll Number, date of birth, and application number.
- Soon after submitting the details, the result appears on the screen. Check all the details carefully and download the NIFT BFTech/B.Des result.
Details Printed on NIFT UG and PG Result Scorecard 2021
Soon after downloading the nift.ac.in result candidates have to check that the following details are printed on the scorecard/mark sheet of NIFT.
- Name of the candidate
- Course applied for
- Application form number
- Roll number of the candidate
- Category of the candidate
- Total marks (out of 80 marks)
- Common Merit Rank
- Category Merit Rank
NIFT Merit List 2021
The NIFT 2021 merit list is prepared based on the ranks and marks scored by the candidate along with the category. The Institute also releases separate merit lists category-wise) and Foreign Nationals.
Merit List for Foreign National/SAARC/NRI/OCI and Domicile Categories
The program and campus is allotted based on the Merit List as per the scores obtained by the candidates-
|Bachelor’s Programme (B.Des and B.FTech)||SAT Score|
|M.F.M Course||GMAT Score|
|Master’s Programme (M.Des and M.FTech)||GRE Score|
Note: Candidates who have appeared multiple GRE/SAT/GMAT exams before 30th April 2021 are eligible for the selection process. The highest score among these tests is considered for the allotment of the seat. The test scores should not have been declared before 1st January 2019 and should be received by the NIFT latest by 30th April 2021
Selection Procedure of NIFT Admissions 2021
The selection procedure of the NIFT is different for each course – (B.Des, B.FTech, M.Des, M.F.M, and M.Ftech)
B.Des Selection Procedure
For Undergraduate Design Programs, the selection process comprises the following process-
- Creative Ability Test (CAT)
- General Ability Test (GAT)
- Situation test (only for the candidates who are shortlisted in the written test)
B.FTech Selection Process
The selection procedure to the UG Fashion Technology comprises the written exam, GAT 2021.
NIFT M.Des Selection Process
The selection procedure comprises the written test- CAT and GAT followed by a group discussion and personal interview (GD/PI) for shortlisted candidates in written test only.
M.F.M Course Program Selection Process
The selection process of the M.F.M Program comprises the General Ability Test (GAT) followed by a group discussion and personal interview (shortlisted candidates in written test only).
NIFT M.FTech Selection Procedure
The selection of the candidates is done based on the General Ability Test (GAT) followed by a personal interview for the shortlisted candidates in the written test.
NIFT Admission 2021: Weightage for each component of the selection process is as follows.
|NIFT 2021 Admission Courses||Test Process||Test Weightage|
Bachelor of Design
Master of Design
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology||GAT||100%|
|Master of Fashion Technology||GAT||70%|
|Master of Fashion Management||GAT||70%|
Reservation Policy of NIFT 2021
The National Institute of Fashion and Technology offers reservations to various categories in the final admission process. The reservation criteria of nift.nic.in result are-
What After the Declaration of NIFT CAT and GAT Result?
Soon after the declaration of the GAT and CAT result, the shortlisted candidates have to appear in the situation test/group discussion/personal interview, as per the selection procedure of the respective courses. Hence, based on that, later the final result is announced on the website.
Later, the shortlisted candidates have to attend the counselling and document verification Round
NIFT 2021 Counselling
The National Institute of Fashion and Technology releases the counselling schedule on its official website. The counselling process is the final stage of the admission process. So, candidates whose name is on the NIFT 2021 merit list have to report the allotted centre on the mentioned date and time. The counselling process includes Document Verification Round, where the NIFT authorities will verify every document. Lastly, after the complete NIFT document verification process, candidates are allotted seats for admission.
Required Documents at the time of Counselling
The applicants have to carry the following documents along with the photocopies after qualifying for the NIFT entrance test.
- Class 12th mark sheet and passing Certificate
- For admission into PG Courses, the candidates have to carry their degree certificates and mark sheet. If the candidate has appeared in the final semester/final exam, then he/she has to carry the original mark sheet of previous years/semesters.
- Applicants who have appeared for the qualifying exam/compartment where the result is due, then candidates must bring their date sheet/admit card.
- Bank Draft of the Fee Amount done in favour of “NIFT HO”. Applicants have to mention their name, date of counselling, mobile number, program name, category, Rank, and Roll Number at the back of the demand draft.
- Proof of Birth Certificates such as secondary school mark sheet and certificate (Original and Photocopy)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Parent’s Income Certificate, such as Income Tax Return, Salary Certificate of March 2021.
- Medical fitness certificate signed by a Registered Medical Practitioner. The certificate must be in the prescribed format.
- If the result of the qualifying exam is yet to be released, then the candidate must carry an affidavit on Non-Judicial Stamp Paper of Rs 10/-.
- Anti-Ragging and refund of fee Undertaking.
Hence, the National Institute of Fashion and Technology is responsible for the NIFT Admission Process. The Authority releases both provisional and final Result. Therefore, we advise all the candidates to check the website frequently for the latest updates.
Official website: nift.ac.in.