NEST Counselling 2021
Candidates who seek admission in 5 year Integrated MSc. Course at NISER and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences have to apply for it before the last date. Candidates who qualify the entrance examination have to take part in the counselling rounds. The counselling and admission for NISER, Bhubaneswar and CBS Mumbai, will take place at NISER, Bhubaneswar and CBS Bhubaneswar. Candidates can reared the article to know more about NEST 2021 Counselling.
Candidates can check below some important dates related to the National Entrance Screening Test 2021.
|Date of NEST 2021||to be announced|
|Announcement of Result||to be announced|
|First Counselling of NISER Bhubaneswar||to be announced|
|First Counselling of NISER Mumbai||to be announced|
Cut Off for NEST 2021 Counselling
Cut-off Ranks for FIRST Counselling – NISER Bhubaneswar
- General – 800
- OBC – 280
- SC – 150
- ST – 30
- PwD – 06
- JK – 03
Cut-off Ranks for FIRST Counselling – NISER Mumbai
- General – 350
- OBC – 60
- SC – 50
- ST – 15
- PwD – 10
- JK – 05
Instructions for NEST Counselling 2021 Round 1
- The registered candidates must be present at the counselling venue of their choice on the counselling day. Failing to appear on the given date and time of counselling will result in forfeiting your claim of admission.
- Attendance of all the candidates present at the counselling venues will be taken. Based on the attendance of the students present both at NISER and CBS, and the original merit list, a combined ‘modified’ merit list will be prepared. Admission to NISER, CBS and ISERC will be strictly based on this ‘modified’ merit list.
- Please note that appearing for counselling does not guarantee admission to any of the three participating institutes. The offer for admission will be made at the time of counselling strictly according to the ‘modified’ merit list prepared based on attendance on the day of counselling, taking various reserved category seats into account and till all seats are filled.
- Documents (and photocopies) required during counselling are listed in the next section.
- First round of counselling will continue until all seats are filled or the merit list prepared based on attendance is exhausted, whichever is earlier.
Certain things are different for the three different institutes: Date of registration, starting date of the first semester classes, documents / declarations required during registration and fees to be paid. Please check with the website of the concerned institute for such details.
For details of the participating institutes, please visit the respective websites:
List of documents required during NEST 2021 counselling
- Original mark sheet of Class X board examination + 1 photocopy
- Original mark sheet of Class XII board examination + 1 photocopy
- Proof of date of birth (original birth certificate or school leaving certificate) + 1 photocopy
- Original caste certificate (if applicable) + 1 photocopy
- (Caste certificate as per central government format certifies two things: caste of the candidate and the fact that said caste is included in respective category. However, formats of some states only mention the former in the caste certificate. Only in such cases, a separate caste verification certificate certifying the latter is needed.)
- Original Non-creamy layer OBC certificate (if applicable) + 1 photocopy
- Original disability certificate (for Physically Disabled candidates) + 1 photocopy
- Proof of Indian citizenship, if born outside India + 1 photocopy
- 4 passport size colour photographs
- Demand Draft in favour of NISER, payable at Bhubaneswar, or in favour of CBS, payable at Mumbai, depending where the candidates are appearing for counselling.
- In case the candidate has submitted original certificates to another institute for admission, she/he must bring official letter (undertaking) from that institute stating so.
In case of any doubts or clarification, please send email to email@example.com.
Note on submission of original documents:
- Please note that the candidates have to deposit original certificates, at least Class 12th mark sheet, to the admission committee during counselling and those will be kept for one semester. Those who do not have original documents, but are in custody of another institutes admission, must produce official letter from the concerned institute stating so and that they will return the testimonials if demanded by the candidate.
- In such cases, the original documents must be submitted to the institute admission committee on the day of registration, and failing to do so without any valid reason may result in cancellation of admission.
Withdrawal of admission and second counselling (if required)
Candidates who have been admitted to any of the participating institutes — NISER and CBS — may withdraw their admission by July mid either by coming in person or by sending email stating name, date of birth, roll and application numbers, choice of counselling venue and XIIth board exam percentage. The details of refund of deposited amount and return of original documents will be intimated at the time of withdrawal.
After the first round of counselling and withdrawal deadline, each participating institute will prepare their own waiting list. The seats that fall vacant at a particular institute will be filled in accordance to its waiting list. The name of the wait-listed candidates will be announced on the websites of the respective institutes. The second counselling and admission will take place at the concerned institute where the seats are vacant. This second counselling will not be joint counselling.
The corresponding dates for CBS will be announced on the website of the respective institutes. Please also get in touch with the admission committee of the participating institutes for details.