NEET SS 2021: NBE will conduct National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test Super Specialty (NEET SS) 2021 on November 13 and 14, 2021. Application forms will be available from September 22, 2021. Last date to apply the form till October 13, 2021. National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS) conducts NEET SS 2021 annually, at various examination centers across the country. NEET SS 2021 is the national level medical entrance exam for admission to DM, MCh, DNB Super Specialty courses. Medical professionals who have completed MD / MS / DNB, registered with medical council, can appear in the exam. The entrance exam is based on PG exit level. Candidates can apply for two super specialties. Get here complete details of NEET SS 2021 exam date, application form, syllabus, exam pattern, and more.
Latest News Stories on NEET SS 2021 Exam
01 Sep 2021 – NEET SS 2021 Information Bulletin Released; Application Form, Exam Details Available. Read More
NEET SS 2021
NEET SS 2021 is an eligibility cum ranking exam. It is held for offering admission to DM, MCh, DNB Super Specialty courses in all medical colleges that offer these programs in India, except AIIMS, PGIMER, JIPMER, NIMHANS, SCTIMST.
NEET SS 2021 Exam Date
National Board of Examinations (NBE) has announced the exam date for NEET SS 202. The timeline for the exam is follows.
|Release of the Official Notification||31 Aug 2021|
|Application Form Release||22 Sep 2021|
|Last Date of Online Form||12 Oct 2021|
|Application Form Correction Window||16 Oct 2021|
|Last Date of Submission of the Edited Application Form||18 Oct 2021|
|Final Edit Window to rectify Deficient|
|26 – 28 Oct 2021|
|NEET SS Hall Ticket||05 Nov 2021|
|Exam Date of NEET SS 2021 (Tentative)||13 & 14 Nov 2021|
|Cut Off Date for qualifying MD/MS/|
|30 Nov 2021|
|Result Declaration||by 30 Nov 2021|
|First Round of Counselling||To be Announced|
|Last Date of Reporting (Round-1)||To be Announced|
|Second Round of Counselling||To be Announced|
|Last Date of Reporting (Round-2)||To be Announced|
|Commencement of the Academic Session||1 Jan 2022|
|Last date up to which students can be|
|28 Feb 2022|
Eligibility Criteria for NEET SS 2021
The eligibility criteria of NEET-SS 2021 indicates the conditions that must be satisfied by all the applicants. In addition, the admit card will be issued to the eligible students only. The eligibility criteria prescribed by the NBE is further mentioned below.
- Candidates with a post-graduate medical degree (MD / MS / DNB), Provisional Pass Certificate or an equivalent certificate are eligible for admission.
- The candidates who get the results of their MD / MS / DNB exams before July 2021 are eligible to appear for the examination.
- Further, the registration with MCI or State Medical Council is a must. Applicants will have to provide the relevant documents as well on the day of the entrance exam.
- The cutoff date for qualifying DM / MS / DNB Broad specialty qualification for appearing in NEET-SS shall be as prescribed in the brochure.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Nationals
- Foreign Nationals without the MCI Registration can also appear for the examination. However, they must be registered with the appropriate authority of their respective country.
- Candidates who qualify for the NEET-SS 2021, will be granted a temporary registration for the duration of the postdoctoral course.
- This registration, however, be limited to the medical college/ Institute to which he/ she is admitted for pursuing postdoctoral studies.
Furthermore, the candidates who have left the DNB Super Specialty Programme after joining are ineligible for admission to DNB SS Courses for the next 3 admission sessions.
NEET SS 2021 Application Form
NBE will release NEET SS 2021 application form on September 14, 2021. The application form will be available at nbe.edu.in. Candidates who are eligible for the exam can fill and submit the form online. Registration process will comprise of entering details in the online form, uploading documents, and paying fee. There shall be no need to send hard copy of the form anywhere.
Guidelines for Uploading Photograph, Thumb Impression & Signature
|Dimension||3.5cm x 4.5 cm||3.5cm x 4.5 cm||6cm X 3cm|
|Maximum File Size||80kb||80kb||80kb|
|Format||.jpg / .jpeg|
|Other Specifications||Recent Passport-Size Photograph – 35mm X 45mm (Width X Height)White Background||It should be inside a box of size 1.5 cm (height) X 3.5 cm (width).Use a fresh Blue/ Black Ink Color Pad||It should be inside a box of size 1.5 cm (height) X 3.5 cm (width).Use a Black or Blue Ink Pen|
How to apply for NEET SS 2021?
- Visit the Official Website of the National Board of Examinations (NBE). – http://www.nbe.edu.in
- On the NEET-SS 2021 Portal, click on the New Registration button and enter the asked details.
- Then the registration ID will appear on the screen. Candidates must remember the registration ID and Password.
- Further, enter ID and Password to login. After logging in, start filling the application form.
- Then you will have to upload a few documents. These documents must be uploaded as per the prescribed dimensions.
- After uploading the documents, the payment portal will appear on the screen. Candidates can pay the application fee by Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- After a successful transaction, the confirmation page will be displayed. Do take a printout of the confirmation page for future references.
Examination Fee – The NEET-SS Application Fee is mentioned below. Note that some of the payment gateways may add additional charges during the online payment.
Examination Fee – Rs. 4250 (Excluding charges as may be applicable by various payment gateways).
NEET SS 2021 Admit Card
The NEET SS 2021 admit card will be released via online mode. Candidates will have to visit the NBE NEET SS Official Website (http://www.nbe.edu.in) and login to download it. The hall ticket will be available in pdf format. Thus, it can be downloaded easily. Do not forget to check all the details carefully before downloading it. In case of any discrepancy, immediately contact the authorities. Furthermore, candidates need to take a printout of the hall ticket. A passport size photograph needs to be affixed in the provided space. Moreover, the invigilator wouldn’t allow any student to sit for the exam without the admit card.
Details mentioned in the NEET-SS Hall Ticket
- Candidates’ Name
- Registration Number
- Roll Number
- Exam Date and Time
- Test Centre Address
- Chosen Speciality
NEET SS Exam Pattern 2021
Before starting to prepare for the examination, a candidate must gather all the information regarding the exam pattern. It tells about the duration, mode, medium, and marking scheme of the exam. The question paper will have in total of 100 questions. In addition, the test paper will be divided into two parts. The other particular details are mentioned in the table below.
Note – There will be separate question papers for different super specialties. However some super specialties will be clubbed together.
|Particulars of Exam||Details|
|Mode of Entrance Examination||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Medium of Question Paper||English|
|No. of sections in papers||2 – Part A, Part B|
|Part A||40% weightage in the exam. Questions will be from eligible Feeder Broad Specialty/ Specialties for a particular super specialty|
|Part B||60% weightage in the exam. Questions from the concerned super specialty or group of clubbed super specialties (At PG Exit level)|
|Duration of 1 Superspecialty Exam/ Clubbed Super Specialty||1 hour 45 minutes|
|NEET SS Marking Scheme||+4 for each correct answer-1 for each incorrect answer|
|Total no. of Questions||100|
- Cardiac Anaesthesia, Organ Transplant Anaesthesia & Critical Care, Paediatric and Neonatal Anaesthesia
- Neonatology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Pediatric Cardiology, Paediatric Nephrology, Paediatric Oncology, Paediatric Hepatology
- Surgical Gastroenterology/G.I. Surgery, Hepato Pancreato Biliary Surgery
- Vascular Surgery, Cardio vascular and Thoracic Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Paediatric Cardio-thoracic Vascular Surgery
- Neurology, Paediatric Neurology
- Neuroradiology, Interventional Radiology
- Gynaecological Oncology, Reproductive Medicine and Surgery
NEET SS 2021 Syllabus
Candidates must go through the exam syllabus before starting the preparation. The syllabus of Part-A and Part-B of the question paper is different. Thus, the part-wise NEET-SS Exam Syllabus is mentioned below. Through the syllabus, candidates will get to know the important topics.
Syllabus of Part-A
- For any super specialty course, the questions will be asked from the feeder broad specialty course.
- If the student has opted for a single feeder broad specialty course for a specific super specialty, then the questions will be asked from one broad specialty.
- The questions will be asked from all the eligible feeder broad specialty courses for NEET-SS courses with multiple feeder broad specialty courses.
Syllabus of Part-B
- The questions will be of the standard of PG Exit Level. Thus, the topics covered will be related to Basic Sciences and Clinical Practices.
- Furthermore, majorly the questions will be from the concerned super specialty.
NEET Super Speciality 2021 Result
The candidates can check their qualifying status through the NEET SS 2021 result. Moreover, the result will be available in the form of a merit list as well. A separate merit list will be released for each super specialty course. The merit list is prepared for ranking the students in order of merit. Hence, only the students who score the qualifying marks will make it to the list. Candidates will have to login to check the results. Only the merit students will further be eligible to participate in counselling. Furthermore, in case two students will end up scoring the same marks, then the tie-breaking criteria will be taken into consideration.
- Candidates with lesser incorrect responses will be given preference.
- In case of a further tie, the candidate who has scored more marked in Part-B will be ranked higher.
- If there is still a tie, then the candidate who answered less incorrect questions in Part-B will be ranked higher.
- Further, if the tie still exists, then the candidate older in age will be given preference.
NBE NEET SS 2021 CutOff
The cutoff marks for each super specialty course will be announced separately. The minimum qualifying cutoff is 50th Percentile. In addition, the cutoff is basically the minimum score that the students must have scored in the exam for qualifying for admission. NEET SS Cutoff List releases after the result declaration. The National Board of Examination will prescribe the cutoff by considering the difficulty level of the exam, no. of students who appeared for the exam, and the seat matrix. Furthermore, for reference, the 2020 Cutoff list is provided below.
NEET SS 2020 Cutoff
|Specialty Courses||CutOff Marks|
|Cardiac Anesthesia/Organ Transplant Anaesthesia/Paediatric and Neonatal Anaesthesia/Neuroanaesthesia||219|
|Critical Care Medicine||178|
|Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology||185|
|Geriatric Mental Health||210|
|Gynaecological Oncology/Reproductive Medicine and Surgery||250|
|Head and Neck Surgery||218|
|Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Surgery/Surgical Gastroenterology||196|
|Paediatric Cardiology/Neonatology/Paediatric Gasteroenterology/Paediatric Hepatology/Paediatric Nephrology/Paediatric Oncology/Paediatric Intensive Unit||199|
|Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery||166|
|Vascular Surgery/ Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery/ Thoracic Surgery/ Paediatric Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery||205|
Scope of NEET SS 2021
NEET Super Specialty is a single eligibility cum entrance test for admission to Super Specialty Courses. Thus, the admission to all the medical colleges offering this course will be through NEET SS only. Moreover, the aspirants qualifying for the admission will be eligible for the following:
- All DM / MCh courses in the country, which includes all Private Medical Colleges / Institutions / Universities / Deemed Universities.
- For all DNB SS Courses
- All DM / MCh Courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions
Medical Institutions Not Covered under NEET Super Specialty
There are a few medical institutions that are not covered for admission under NEET-SS. Moreover, no state government / private medical college / universities shall be conducting any separate examination for DM / MCh courses. Furthermore, the medical institutes that are not covered under NEET Super Specialty are as follows:
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
Note that the provided list of medical colleges is in accordance with the last session information brochure.
NEET SS Counselling 2021
The rounds of NBE NEET SS Counselling will be conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services(DGHS). Candidates will be called for counselling in accordance with the merit list. It is conducted mainly for the verification process. Therefore, the students will have to provide the relevant documents during counselling. The seats will be allotted on the day of counselling. A seat allotment list will be made available. Candidates will then have to report to the allotted institute to confirm their seats. The photocopies and original documents that will be required are mentioned below.
- Graduation Passing Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Caste Certificate(If Applicable)
- Passport Size Photograph X 2
- NEET SS 2021 ScoreCard
- Copy of Hall Ticket
NEET SS 2021 FAQs
Ans: The National Board of Examinations(NBE) conducts the NEET SS exam annually.
Ans: The exam is conducted in online mode, i.e it is a computer-based test.
Ans: No, only the students who have completed the course are eligible.
Ans: No, the application form will be available on the NBE official website only.
Ans: There are no seats reserved for any category.