|NEET PG 2021||Date||Syllabus||Application Form||Edit Window|
|NMC Notice||Best Books||High Yield Topics||Result||Admit Card|
NEET PG 2021 – Exam date of NEET PG 2021 has been announced; the exam will be held on April 18, 2021. It will be a computer based test. Those completing their internships by 30th June can appear in the exam. Next, the much awaited registration for NBE NEET PG will begin shortly.
National Board of Examinations will conduct National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for PG medical (NEET PG) 2021 as the single window medical entrance exam for MD, MS, PG Diploma admissions. Get here complete details and latest news on NEET PG 2021 including date, registration, application form, syllabus, exam pattern, preparation tips, admit card, result, colleges.
NEET PG 2021
Latest – NEET PG 2021 exam date announced. Check here
NEET PG 2021 Exam Date Announced
It is hereby notified that the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET PG) 2021 for MD, MS, PG Diploma exams will be held on Sunday, April 18, 2021. Click here to download the notification.
Important Dates for NEET PG Exam 2021
|NEET PG 2021||Important Dates|
|NEET PG 2021 registration, application form start||Jan 2021 (expected)|
|Last date to apply||Feb 2021 (expected)|
|Admit card download start||March / Apr 2021 (expected)|
|NEET PG 2021 Exam Date||18 Apr 2021|
NEET PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria – REVISED
The NBE sets out some criteria to determine the eligibility of a candidate to take part in the NEET PG 2021 exam. In order to be eligible to apply for the NEET PG 2021 exam,
- Applicants must be holding an MBBS degree/Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate from a Medical Colleges/Institute recognized by the Indian Medical Council Act
- It is a must to have a permanent or provisional registration of MBBS or equivalent qualification with the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council.
- Applicants must have completed one year of internship by June 30, 2021.
Eligibility for foreign medical candidates
- Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualifications from Medical Colleges outside India should have qualified the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (Screening Test).
- They should have been registered with MCI / SMC and should have completed their internship or likely to complete their internship on or before (date to be available).
- Foreign Medical Graduates are required to bring their FMGE Pass certificate issued by NBE on their testing day.
NEET PG 2021 Application Form
The application process for NEET PG is conducted online through the official website of the NBE i.e. nbe.edu.in. Eligible and intending candidates will be able to apply online for the NEET PG 2021 examination as soon as the online process commences. The NBE is expected to notify the same through the official website. Based on the application process for NEET PG last year, we have an indicative list of examination fees required to be paid to apply for the NEET PG 2021 exam.
|SC/ST, PWD||Rs 2750|
Steps to Apply for NEET PG 2021
In order to download and fill the Application Form the candidate can follow the Steps provided below:
Step 1: Fresh Registration – The candidate need to register themselves, in order to do so the candidate would 1st need to click on the link which is provided above. After clicking the candidate would be redirect to new window where they will be asked to fill details like name, date of birth, category, email id, mobile number, etc. as shown below and press on “Submit” button.
Step 2: Fill Application Form – After the candidate has submitted the above-mentioned details, the candidate will get their Login details. The candidate would then need to enter the details on the “Applicant Login” page. After logging the new screen will appear where the candidate will see “Go to application form” button on the top of the screen. The candidate will see three different categories filling areas like Personal details, qualification details, and test centre details. After successfully filling all the details the candidate need to click on ” Save & Next” button.
Step 3: Upload Images and Select Test centre – The next step is to upload the image keeping in mind specification and format. After the candidate has uploaded the image, the option to select the test centre will appear on the same screen.
Step 4: Application Fee Payment – After the candidate filled and submit all the information asked above the only thing left is fee payment. Which they can do by selecting the mode of payment and paying the asked fee.
Courses offered through NEET PG 2021
As per the last year notification of NEET PG exam, the following courses are expected to be offered for admission through NEET PG 2021.
- Post Graduate Diploma Courses
NEET PG 2021 Syllabus
NEET PG 2021 syllabus is based on the latest Graduate Medical Education Regulations as per provisions of the Medical Council of India with prior approval of the Government of India. The syllabus is given below as PDF:
Topics covered in NEET PG 2021 syllabus
- Forensic medicine
- Social and Preventive medicine
- General medicine including dermatology and venerology and Psychiatry
- General Surgery including orthopedics, anesthesia, and radio diagnosis
- Obstetrics AND Gynaecology
Exam Pattern of NEET PG 2021
The exam pattern of NEET PG 2021 is given below:
- Mode of the exam: NBE conducts a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Number of questions: Candidates have to answer 300 MCQ type questions.
- Duration of the exam: The duration of exam is 03 hours and 30 minutes.
- Language of the exam: The paper is set in English language only.
- Marking scheme of the exam: Incorrect answers in the NEET PG exam incur 25% negative marks although no marks are deducted for unattended questions. Correct answers are awarded 04 marks.
The distribution of the questions is shown below:
|Social and Preventive medicine||25|
|General Medicine including Dermatology, Venereology & Psychiatry||45|
|General Surgery including Orthopedics, Anaesthesia & Radio Diagnosis||45|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||30|
NEET PG 2021 Books
The candidates can check the books that can be helpful for the preparation on NEET PG 2021:
|Name of the book||Buy here|
|DBMCI TO THE POINT (TTP) – 2020 (REVIEW & QUESTION BANK FOR NEET & AIIMS PG PATTERN)||Buy here|
|The Next Level of Preparation NEET PG Crystal Clear||Buy here|
|REVIEW OF NEET PG PATTERN – 2020||Buy here|
Get complete list of best books for NEET PG 2021 preparation here.
How To Prepare For NEET PG 2021?
The strategy to prepare for the NEET PG 2021 exam varies from candidate to candidate based on one’s strengths and weaknesses. It is more of an ad-hoc approach when it comes to adopting a study strategy for the exam. However, we have provided a list of unfailing tips and tricks that are useful in cracking the exam in the first attempt.
#1: Know the syllabus first. The syllabus is as per the undergraduate medicine degree as per the provisions of the MCI. Know about the important subject, topics and sub-topics so that the candidates don’t miss out on anything.
#2: Categorize similar subjects in groups and study in a manner so as to finish one group in a predetermined time period.
#3: Focus on the most important subjects first including Patho, Pharmacology, PSM, OBG, Medicine and Surgery.
#4: Complete the preparations for memorizing parts at first. For example, there is a lot to memorize in subjects like Anatomy, Osteology and Histology.
#5: Solve MCQs as much as possible. Refer to solved papers and question banks for typical questions. As per previous NEET PG Toppers, solving MCQs early on helped them mark the difference.
#6: Make time for daily revision of studied topics. Make short notes and bookmark important sections. Refer to these notes and ensure that every topic/subject studied is revised at least 2-3 times.
#7: Refer to the previous year question papers of NEET PG exam. Include them in a study plan to cover the preparations for high scoring sections efficiently.
#8: Make a note of questions that have been repeated frequently in the recent few years.
#9: Solve mock tests online and offline and improve time management capabilities so as to attempt a higher number of questions accurately in the exam.
Scope of NEET PG 2021 Exam
As per the last year information brochure of NEET PG, the exam is for admission to fill up post-graduate medical seats in the following institutions.
- Government/Corporation/Government Aided Medical Colleges.
- Unaided Private and Minority Medical Colleges.
The seats to which admission through NEET 2021 will be made will be reportedly available in the following:
- 50% quota seats in all State and UTs.
- State quota seats (including Union Territories.
- Private Medical Colleges, Institutions and Universities/Deemed Universities.
- Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- DNB Post MBBS Courses.
Admission Process via NEET PG 2021
The admission process via NEET PG 2021 is shown below:
NEET scores is used for filling 2 types of seats:
- 50% all India quota seats at national level
- Rest of the seats are filled at the state level
NEET PG 2021 Cut Off Marks
In order to qualify through the NEET PG 2021 exam, candidates must secure a score that is either equal to or more than the specified cut-off marks The cut-offs are however announced after the exam has been completed.
Minimum Qualifying Marks – Only those who get marks corresponding to the following percentile are declared as qualified.
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Last Year’s Qualifying Percentile||Last Year’s Cut Off Mark|
|SC, ST, OBC||40th||20th||230|
Note – Last year, NBE initially announced the cut off to be 366, 319, 342, and 319 for General, SC / ST / OBC, UR PWD, SC/ST/OBC-PWD. But then it revised the cut off and reduced them by 20 percentile.
NEET PG 2021 Admit Card
Based on the previous year NEET PG exam trends, the NBE is expected to issue admit cards for appearing in the 2021 exam. NEET PG 2021 admit card is issued through the official website of the National Examination Board (NBE).
It is mandatory to download the NEET PG 2021 Admit Card from nbe.edu.in as per schedule and generate a print out for producing at the exam centre. Candidates failing to produce the admit card are not allowed to sit for the NEET 2021 exam.
NEET PG 2021 Admit Card & Test Day Documentary Requirements
The NEET PG 2021 admit card will indicate the allotted test centre which will be informed to the candidates approximately 7 days before the exam.
After downloading the admit card, candidates have to affix a latest passport sized photograph on the admit card.. Photograph should be of the dimension of 35x45mm with at least 75% coverage of face & head.
Background of the photo must be white. Candidates must look directly into the camera while getting the photograph clicked as it must display the full front view of the candidate’s face.
Based on the previous year’s exam day guidelines, the following documents must be carried to the exam centre of NEET PG 2021.
- Print out of NEET PG 2021 Admit Card with affixed recent passport sized photograph.
- Photocopy of Permanent/Provisional SMC/MCI registration .
- Any authorized photo identity proof (original, valid and non-expired) viz. PAN card, Driving license, Voter Card, Passport, Aadhaar Card (with photograph).
- Indian/OCI citizen who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualification outside India and do not have SMC/MCI registration have to produce original screening test pass certificate issued on NBE Letterhead.
NEET PG 2021 Test Centres
As per the previous year NEET PG exam, the following tentative test centres are expected to be available for NEET PG 2021.
NEET PG 2021 Exam Day Procedures
The NBE indicated certain exam day procedures for NEET PG exam in the prevoous year information brochure. Candidates can expect such guidelines to be prevalent in the NEET PG 2021 exam. Check out the details below.
- Candidates are escorted to the designated computer terminal after the verification of identity and biometrics. All candidates are checked in by an invigilator.
- Candidates must keep the admit card and photo ID handy at all times during the exam.
- Before the test begins, the invigilator is expected to give certain instructions which must be carefully followed.
- There is no provision to provide any rough paper for rough work.
- Designated computers will be blocked on three sides. Candidates attempting to peep into other workstations may be disqualified on grounds of use of unfair means.
- Candidates are allowed to raise their hands to notify the invigilator about any issues during the conduct of the test.
NEET PG 2021 Result
NBE declares the NEET PG result online. The score of NEET PG 2021 remains valid for the current academic session only. The result of NEET PG 2021 is announced as follows:
- NEET PG Rank List for 50% All India Quota Seats.
- NEET PG Result Cum Score Card.
First, NBE calculates the raw score of NEET PG. To do so, it following the marking scheme, i.e.
- For each correct answer, the candidate gets 4 mark.
- For each incorrect answer, 1 mark is deducted.
- If the question is unattended, marks neither added or deducted.
The raw marks of the candidates are then used to prepare the rank of the candidates. The candidates who qualify for the 50% AIQ are included in the merit list for admission against the 50% AIQ counselling. The board prepares merit based on the raw score and checks the marks of the 50th / 40th / 45th percentile candidate. The marks secured by that candidate becomes the cutoff score for that year. Candidates who score more than or upto the cut off marks, qualify for all India 50% quota seats.
What is All India 50% Quota Seats: Out of the total, 50% PG medical seats in India are filled via MCC counselling. Hence, candidates who fall under this category have a chance to get admission in any college across India and are not bound by state quota.
Tie breaking in NEET PG 2021: If there is tie while allocating rank, the following method is used ti resolved it:
- Negative marks in part A, B, C are checked and candidates having less negative marks is allocated the rank.
- Next, marks in part C are checked. Candidates with better marks gets a better rank.
- Lesser number of negative attempts in part C are considered.
- If the above don’t work, then higher marks in part B are considered.
- Tie is still not broken, then less number of negative attempts in part B is checked.
- Following above, higher marks is part A is used for breaking the tie.
- Lastly, less number of negative responses in part A is used.
- If none of the above works, then older candidate gets preference.
NEET PG 2021 Counselling
NBE is only responsible for conducting the examination and announcing the result. Counselling and seat allotment process is carried out by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). The committee holds the counselling in 2 rounds and also hold one mop-up round. Only all India 50% quota seats are filled via NEET PG counselling. The rest of the seats are filled via state counselling.
The process of 2 rounds is as follows:
- Online registration and payment of counselling fee.
- Choice filling and locking of choices for the courses and colleges.
- Announcement of seat allotment on the basis of candidates’s NEET PG merit and locked choices.
- Reporting and document verification of the candidates who got the seat.
Mop-up round of counselling is the last round. MCC conducts it when all the rounds of counselling are over.
Institutes Accepting NEET PG 2021 Scores
The NEET PG 2021 scores are accepted by the below given institutes:
- A P Singh University
- Adesh University, Bhatinda
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University
- Annamalai University
- Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna
- Assam University
- AYUSH and Health Sciences University, Raipur
- B N Mandal University
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot
Overview of NEET PG 2021
As per Section 10 (D) of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956, a single entrance exam is to be conducted, based on the score of which, eligible candidates will be provided admission to various MD/MS and Post Graduate Diploma courses in the field of Medicine. The provisions of the Act state that there shall be no other entrance examination at the state or institution level which can be used as a determining entrance exam for admission to the aforementioned courses in medical education in India. Even foreign nationals seeking admission to medical courses in Indian medical institutes must clear the NEET PG exam, the scores of which, is to be treated as the basis for acceptance of admission to the MD/MD/PG Diploma courses.
Note – NEET PG 2021 rank will also be used for DNB admissions!
NBE no longer conducts DNB CET. Instead, NBE will allot seats as per NEET PG score. Details of DNB admissions are at nbe.edu.in.
Application Form Correction
- While filling the NEET PG 2021 application form, make sure that all details are correct.
- NBE usually looks at deficiency in form and informs candidates through their registered email and sms.
- If candidates receive any communication from NBE about NEET PG application form correction 2021, then they must rectify the defects within the NEET PG 2021 edit window.
- As per schedule, candidates can access the form and make corrections in NEET PG application form 2021 other than the deficiencies that NBE informs them.
The following fields of information are usually NON-EDITABLE in the NEET PG application form: (1) Name, (2) Mobile No., (3) Email address, (4) Exam center, (5) Gender, (6) Date of Birth, (7) Nationality, (8) Category.
Best wishes to all MBBS students out there! May you come out with flying colors in the NEET PG 2021 exam!
If you have any queries on NEET PG 2021, then please feel free to ask in comments below.
To know what to expect in NEET PG 2021, check the information brochure from last year – click here