NEET MDS 2021 – Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) has open the 1st round registration of NEET MDS couselling 2021 on August 20, 2021, for NEET 50% AIQ, Deemed, Central University and FMS (MDS) Seats 2021. NBE has released the NEET MDS result 2021 for All India 50% Quota on June 22, 2021. The score card of the National Eligibility Entrance Test for MDS admissions can be downloaded from 12th January 2021. NBE announced NEET MDS 2021 result on 31st December. The result is available in the form of merit list, with cut offs. The exam was held on 16th December. After the exam, recall based question paper and answer key were made available.
On the basis of NEET MDS exam, dental colleges across India will grant admission to Master of Dental Surgery program. NEET MDS is the national level entrance exam for admission to MDS courses in India. Get here latest news on NEET MDS 2021 exam date, registration, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, result, cut offs.
NEET MDS 2021
National Eligibility Entrance Test for MDS (NEET MDS) 2021 is the single eligibility cum ranking entrance examination for admission into MDS courses at government, state and private dental colleges. It is a computer based test with 240 MCQ questions.
Important Dates of NEET MDS 2021 Exam
|NEET MDS 2021||Dates|
|Registration starts at nbe.edu.in||26 Oct 2020 (5 PM)|
|Last date to apply||15 Nov 2020 (11:55 PM)|
|Editing of application forms||17 – 19 Nov 2020|
|Final edit window to rectify deficient or incorrect images photographs, signatures, thumb impressions||29 – 30 Nov 2020|
|Download NEET MDS 2021 admit card from||09 Dec 2020|
|NEET MDS 2021 exam date||16 Dec 2020|
|NEET MDS 2021 Result declaration date||31 Dec 2020|
|NEET MDS 2021 Score Card release date||12 Jan 2021|
Important Dates of NEET MDS 2021 Counselling
|Important Dates of NEET MDS 2021 Counselling||1st Round||2nd Round|
|Registration andPayment||20 – 24 Aug 2021||06 – 09 Sep 2021|
|Choice Filling||21 – 24 Aug 2021||07 – 10 Sep 2021|
|Choice Locking||24 Aug 2021||10 Sep 2021|
|25 – 26 Aug 2021||11 – 12 Sep 2021|
|Result||27 Aug 2021||13 Sep 2021|
|Reporting||28 Aug to 01 Sep 2021||14 – 18 Sep 2021|
NEET MDS 2021 Result
The result of NEET MDS 2021 exam is announced by NBE. Key details of the same are as follows.
NEET MDS Result 2021 date: The result merit list has been published on 31st December. The score card will be released on 12th January.
NEET MDS result 2021 is published in two forms – Merit List, score card.
- NEET MDS 2021 Merit List – This is published first. It contains details of all candidates who have qualified.
- NEET MDS 2021 Score Card – All candidates who appear in NEET MDS exam 2021 can download score card by logging in, to check their score and percentile.
How to check NEET MDS 2021 result?
- To check NEET MDS merit list, simply click and open / download the pdf file.
- To check score card, login with user id and password.
Tie breaking for merit list and rank
- Candidate with lesser incorrect answers in overall paper gets higher rank.
- If tie persists then candidate with higher score in Part B gets better rank.
- If tie still remains then one with lesser number of wrong answers in part B gets better rank.
- However if tie still remains then one who is older in age gets better rank.
NEET MDS 2021 Cut Off – Qualification Criteria
The applicants need to secure marks corresponding to the cut off percentile in order to qualify. The cut off percentile are as follows.
|General, EWS||50th Percentile|
|SC, ST, OBC|
th (including PWD of SC, ST, OBC)
|UR PWD||45th Percentile|
NEET MDS 2021 Counselling
The NEET MDS 2021 Counselling is held by the Directorate General of Health Services, Government of India for All India 50% quota seats and for state quota seats, it is held by State Government or authority.Candidates can check the schedule of the same on the official website ie mcc.nic.in and of state authorities.
|Seat Type||Counselling Body|
|All India 50% quota dental educational institutions of Central|
Govt. Universities established by an Act of Parliament, Deemed Universities
|Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India|
|State quota seats in All Dental Institutions in a State and seats in institutions established by State Govt.,|
Universities established by Act of State/Union Territory Legislature, Municipal Bodies Trust, Society, Company or Minority Institutions
|State Government or authority designated by the State Government|
NEET MDS 2021 Admit Card
Those who apply for NEET MDS 2021 can download admit card before exam. Here are the important details on it.
- NBE releases NEET MDS 2021 admit card.
- It is released in online mode at nbe.edu.in.
- Candidates who are found ineligible do not get the admit card.
- All candidates who are issued hall tickets also get SMS / Email alerts.
- Candidates need to download the hall tickets by logging in.
How to download NEET MDS admit card 2021?
- Go to nbe.edu.in.
- Click on the link for NEET MDS 2021.
- On the official website, click the login link or admit card download link.
- Then, a login page opens. Here, enter user ID and password and click login.
- Once in the dashboard, locate the admit card tab, then admit card link and download it.
Important instructions on NEET MDS 2021 admit card: Take a printout of it. And then paste a latest passport size photograph in the space provided in it. Size of the photo should be 35×45 mm and should have 75% face covering it. It should be color with white background.
NEET MDS 2021 Exam Pattern and Details
Candidates who want to pass the NEET MDS 2021 exam with flying colors, should understand the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly. It is as follows.
- Mode of Conduct: It is conducted in Computer Based Mode.
- Duration of Exam: The exam time is 3 hours.
- Number of Shifts: NEET MDS is a single shift examination
- Number of Questions: The Part – A comprises 100 questions and Part B comprises 140 questions.
- Type of Questions: Only MCQ type questions are asked in the exam.
- Negative Marking: There is negative marking of 1 mark in the examination.
NEET MDS 2021 Syllabus
As per the official prospectus, the questions asked in the NEET MDS exam are of BDS standard. Cover all topics of BDS as prescribed in the DCI Revised BDS Course Regulations, 2007 as amended from time to time.
Scroll below to know more details about the NEET MDS syllabus.
PART A – 100 Questions, 400 Marks
|S.No.||Subject||No. of Qs|
|1||General Anatomy including embryology and histology||14|
|2||General Human Physiology and Biochemistry||14|
|3||Dental Anatomy, Embryology & Oral Histology||14|
|4||General Pathology and Microbiology||14|
|5||General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||14|
PART B – 140 Questions, 560 Marks
|2||Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||14|
|3||Oral Medicine and Radiology||14|
|4||Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||14|
|5||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||14|
|7||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||14|
|8||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||14|
|9||Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||14|
|10||Public Health Dentistry||14|
NEET MDS 2021 Exam Day Guidelines with Social Distancing
Candidates should know about the exam day standard operating procedures. They are as follows.
Things to take to exam center –
- NEET MDS 2021 admit card printout with bar code / QR code and photograph pasted on it
- Any one original, valid, non-expired govt id proof such as PAN card, DL, voter ID, passport, aadhaar card with photograph.
Some more items are permitted, they include –
- Face masks
- Personal transparent water bottle
- Personal hand sanitizer 50 ml
Social Distanced – Computer Based Test (SD-CBT) – NBE will follow touch free processes, and provide a safe and secure environment to the test takers.
Entry timings – Candidates must check the entry timings in their admit cards and strictly follow it. Also they will get timings on their SMS. There will be security checks, identity verification at the center.
Barcode/QR Code Reader at Entry Points – Candidates need to show their admit card and ID proof to the exam official across a table, with barcode / QR code.
Thermo guns – There will be thermo guns at the exam centers. All candidates will have their temperatures checked with it. Those above 99.14 degrees or displaying symptoms of COVID-19 will be allowed to take the test in a separate isolation lab.
Finger biometric – No finger print will be captured in the social distanced computer based test (SD-CBT). But face id will be verified at time of registration for test and at each bio break.
NEET MDS 2021 Exam Centres, Cities
NBE is conducting NEET MDS 2021 at increased number of cities. There are 79 cities this time as opposed to less than 60 of last time. The cities are as follows. The center allotted to candidate is displayed in his/her admit card.
Note – NBE allots exam centers on first-come first-serve basis.
During submission of online application form, candidate will be able to see only those cities where testing seats are available. While the city will be chosen by the candidate himself / herself at the time of online submission of application form, allotment of test centre/venue in the chosen city shall be done by NBE.
NEET MDS 2021 Deficiency Correction Window
After the NEET MDS edit window closes, the window to correct deficiencies opens. In this duration, candidates should check email, sms, status from NBE about the deficiencies in images.
If there is any deficiency, candidates should correct them by uploading correct documents in the window.
NEET MDS 2021 Edit Window
Those who successfully fill and submit the application form of NEET MDS 2021 can access the edit window as per dates given above in the dates table.
Only editable fields can be edited.
Following details CANNOT be edited during NEET MDS edit window 2021
- Name of the Candidate
- Email ID
- Test City
|Information Brochure||Get Here|
NEET MDS 2021 Registration, Application Form
NBE invites eligible and interested candidates to do NEET MDS 2021 registration. Here are the key points for it.
NEET MDS 2021 registration – Candidates need to register online at nbe.edu.in. Registering for NEET MDS exam 2021 generates an user id and password – which you should keep safely for future use.
Candidates cannot withdraw submitted NEET MDS 2021 application form.
Application Fee – Pay through credit card, or debit card
|Category||Exam Fee||GST @ 18%||Total Amount|
|SC, ST, PWD||Rs. 2750||Rs 495||Rs 3245|
|General, OBC||Rs. 3750||Rs 675||Rs 4425|
Details and documents for NEET MDS 2021 Application Form
|Details to fill||Documents to upload|
|Name as per BDS qualification certificate|
Names of father and mother
Select test city
How to apply for NEET MDS 2021?
To apply for the NEET MDS 2021 exam, carry out the following steps:
- Go to nbe.edu.in.
- Click NEET MDS 2021.
- Then click the link for Registration.
- Enter basic details asked for registration to form your online profile.
- Check user id and password received on email and sms.
- Now once again go to the official website of NEET MDS 2021 and now click on applicant login.
- Login with the credentials received.
- Now enter other details asked in the form and upload documents.
- Pay application fee and submit it.
- Take a print out of the filled Application form with Transaction ID printed on it for records.
NEET MDS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The NEET MDS 2021 eligibility criteria is as per the MDS Course Regulations 2017 notified by Dental Council of India with prior approval of MoHFW.
For Indian Nationals:
- Degree: Candidate must possess BDS degree from the recognised college / university.
- Registration: They should be registered with the State Dental Council.
- Internship: Candidate must have completed their compulsory rotatory internship of a year. If a candidate is still undergoing through the internship and is going to finish it on or before March 31, 2021 can also apply.
Eligibility Criteria for AIQ 50% admissions
- Those who have studied BDS from UT of JnK are not eligible for 50% All India Quota. But those nominated by GOI under central pool seats to do BDS from JnK are eligible – they have to submit affidavit regarding the same.
For Foreign Nationals:
As per MDS course Regulations 2017, it is not mandatory for foreign nationals to have temporary registration with DCI at the time of writing NEET-MDS. Foreign Nationals can write NEETMDS without DCI registration.Candidates need a temporary registration from the dental college / institution,currently studying at.
Provided that in the case of a foreign national, the following procedure shall be followed: The Council may, on payment of the prescribed fee for registration, grant temporary registration for the duration of the post-graduate training restricted to the dental college/institution to which he or she is admitted for the time being exclusively for post-graduate studies.
Provided further that temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subject to the condition that such person is duly registered as medical practitioner in his/her own country from which he/she has obtained his/her basics dental
qualification and that his/her degree is recognized by the corresponding state dental council or concerned authority.
Helpline Number : 022 – 61087595
Email : email@example.com
Official Website : http://www.nbe.edu.in
National Board of Examinations,
New Delhi -110029
The preferred mode for handling the NEET-MDS 2021 related queries shall be by email. The emails may be sent to dedicated NEET-MDS help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following Information must be provided in emails addressed to
NBE regarding NEET-MDS 2021:
• Name of Candidate
• Email ID
• Mobile Number
• Correspondence Address
• Application ID/Roll Number for NEET-MDS 2021
• Session of Examination
Official Website – nbe.edu.in
Other exams by NBE – NEET PG 2021