NEET 2022 – National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET UG) for admission into MBBS / BDS / BAMS / BSMS / BUMS / BHMS and other UG medical courses. It is one of the biggest medical entrance exams that is held at a national level. The exam is held in offline mode. Generally, NEET is conducted on the First Sunday of May, however, because of the COVID-19, it is being held in the month of September for the past two years. NEET UG comprises multiple-choice questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology. After the conduct of the exam, the candidates are required to participate in the counselling. Through this exam, the candidates can take admission into approved or recognized medical / dental / AYUSH and other colleges / Deemed Universities / Institutes (AIIMS & JIPMER) in India. Know more about NEET 2022 from this page such as exam pattern, preparation tips, syllabus etc.
Latest – If we go by the previous years trends, then the notification for NEET UG 2022 is expected to be out in November or December 2021. This is if, the admission process of the academic session 2021-22 is complete on time. The timeline will depend on the release of NEET 2021 result. Know details on NEET 2021 result here.
However, if we go by the previous year’s dates specifically, then it is expected that the registration will start in the 2nd week of July 2022.
Latest News on NEET 2022
November 12, 2021 – NEET 2022: Will Physics Be Removed? Exam 2 Times? Key Things Students Want To Know!. Read More.
November 11, 2021 – NEET UG 2022 Exam Date Latest News – When Will NTA Hold Medical Entrance Exam and How To Start Preparing For It?. Read More.
NEET 2022 Important Dates
The NTA will announce the dates soon on its official website. However, candidates can check the tentative dates below –
|Release of the notification||to be announced|
|NEET 2022 Application Form||to be announced|
|Last date of the application form||to be announced|
|Availability of admit card||3rd week of Apr 2022|
|NEET 2022 Exam Date||1st week of May 2022|
|Declaration of result||1st week of Jun 2022|
When will NEET UG 2022 be Held?
If we look at the previous years data, then NEET UG is generally held on the 1st Sunday of May every year. But, because of the COVID-19 pandemic that hit India in late 2019, it has been observed that the exam was conducted in the month of September in the past two years.
The two significant factors that will be responsible for deciding NEET UG 2022 exam date will be the timely completion of the admission process of the previous year and the COVID-19 situation. If the admission process is completed on time and the COVID-19 situation is not grim, then it is much likely that the exam will be held in May 2022. But, if the academic session is delayed, then the exam will also be delayed.
Let us have a look at the previous years NEET UG exam dates.
Scope of NEET 2022
Candidates qualifying NTA NEET will be able to get admissions in the following –
- 15% All India Quota Seats.
- 85% State Quota Seats
- Central and Demmed Universities
- State, Management, and NRI Quota seats in Private Colleges.
- Central Pool Quota Seats
- Seats in private unaided, aided minority, and non-minority medical colleges.
- Mandatory qualification for candidates willing to pursue MBBS/BDS from a foreign medical institute.
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
Aspirants who are appearing in the exam must be familiar with the examination pattern. This will help them to prepare well for the exam. So, the NEET 2022 Exam Scheme is as follows-
- The NEET is conducted offline (pen paper mode).
- The exam paper is divided into three subjects – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The time duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- The total number of marks 720 marks.
- For each correct +4 marks is awarded and for every wrong answer -1 mark is deducted.
Last year, in each subject there were 2 sections; Section A and B. This was uniform for Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology subjects. Section A had 35 questions, whereas Section B had total 15 questions. Out of these 15 questions in Section B, the candidates had to attempt any 10 questions. Check the distribution of questions from the table given below.
|Subjects||Sections||No. of questions||Marks|
NEET 2022 Syllabus
The Health Ministry has announced that there will be no change in the NEET 2022 Syllabus. So, the exam syllabus will be based on the 11th and 12th-course curriculum. Therefore, the aspirants must go through the chapters/topics properly while preparing for the exam.
Before starting to prepare for the NEET Exam, you must go through the complete NEET exam syllabus. It shall help in the preparation. Through the syllabus, candidates get to know the subject-wise topics to be studied. Moreover, by looking at the syllabus, you can decide what topics need more of your attention and time. Thus, the subject-wise important topics are mentioned below.
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Laws Of Motion
- Electronic Devices
- The behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Energy
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- P-Block Elements
- Phenols and Ethers
- Surface Chemistry
- Diversity in Living World
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Ecology & Environment
- Human Physiology
- Plant Physiology
- Cell Structure & Function
Preparation Tips for NEET 2022
- The students preparing for the exam should have complete knowledge of the exam syllabus. In addition, it helps students in formulating a strategy, which can help them in getting a good score.
- Then as soon as you have the complete details, prepare a proper time-table. Wherein, you need to set short term goals. Make sure that you mention all the details, as to how much time you can finish the syllabus.
- Further, make sure that you do not refer to a lot of books as that may confuse you.
- Candidates must start their preparation with NCERT Books first.
- Moreover, students should try and study for at least 5-6 hours every day.
- Candidates should also take care of other things. In addition, make sure that you eat right and take proper sleep.
- In addition, students should try and solve as many question papers. It shall help you in understanding the exam pattern better.
- Candidates should also try to finish the complete syllabus at least 2-3 months before the exam date.
Recommended: How to Prepare for NEET 2022
Best Books for NEET 2022
As per reports, last year, a total of 16.14 candidates registered for NEET UG 2021 and in the test. Out of which, over 95% of candidates appeared for the test. To qualify NEET UG 2022, the candidates can refer the books given below.
|NTA NEET 14 Previous Years Solved Papers||Check Price Here|
|Objective Physics for NEET Vol 2 2022||Check Price Here|
|Objective Physics for NEET Vol 1 2022||Check Price Here|
|Objective Biology for NEET – Vol – II||Check Price Here|
|MTG Complete NEET Guide Biology, Best NEET Preparation Books-2022||Check Price Here|
|MTG Complete NEET Guide Chemistry, Best NEET Preparation Books-2022||Check Price Here|
|Objective NCERT Gear Up Chemistry for 11th, 12th & NEET 2022||Check Price Here|
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2022
It is necessary that each NEET applicant satisfies the eligibility conditions. The eligibility criteria are prescribed by the National Testing Agency. In addition, the authorities only accept the applications of students who fulfill the eligibility criteria. Hence, candidates must go through it before applying for the exam. For your reference, the eligibility criteria of NEET are explained in detail below.
- The applicant should have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.
- In addition, the candidate should have passed with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology and English as core subjects.
- The Qualifying Marks for UR is 50%. Whereas, for Reserved Category it is 40%.
Nationality and Age-Criteria
- The Nationality of the Candidate must be Indian/ NRI/ OCI/ PIOs or Foreign Nationals.
- The minimum required age is 17 years as of 31st December 2022.
- Further, there is no upper age limit.
Number of Attempts
- There is no restriction, thus students can appear for the exam as many times as they want.
NEET 2022 Application Form
The NTA NEET Application Form releases on the NTA NEET Official Website, neet.nta.nic.in Aspirants can access the application form via online mode only. However, to apply candidates must meet the above criteria-
Steps to fill NEET Online Form 2022
- Online Registration: The first stage of application process is the registration. Candidates need to provide some basic information in order to register successfully. Further, after registration the Login ID and Password is sent either over mail or SMS.
- Filling the Online Form: After registration, enter the login credentials and start filling the application form. In the form, candidates have to enter some basic information, qualification details, exam centre preference, etc.
- Upload Scanned Image of Photograph & Signature: Further, upload the scanned image of signature and a recent passport size photograph. The prescribed specification for uploading documents is further mentioned below.
- Payment of Application Fee: After uploading the documents, the payment portal shall appear on the screen. Candidates can make a payment through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking or through E-Challan. If the fee is not paid, then the form is considered incomplete.
- Submission of the application form: After completing the above steps, submit the form and take two to printout of the application form.
Image Specifications for NEET Photograph and Signature
The image and the documents must be scanned properly and must be in the following sizes.
- Passport Size Photo (10kb to 200 kb)
- Post Card Size Photo (50kb-300kb)
- Signature (4kb to 30kb)
- Left-Hand Thumb Impression (10kb to 50kb)
- Class X Certificate (100 kb to 400kb)
NEET 2022 Application Fee
|General (EWS/ OBC – NCL)||Rs 1400/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs 800/-|
NEET Application Form Correction 2022
The NTA allows candidates to edit and correct the errors in the submitted application form. However, only the students who have submitted the form successfully can make changes in the NEET application form. NTA NEET Form Correction facility is further provided for a limited period of time. Hence, it is important to review the form, correct the errors, and submit it before the due date. Moreover, only a few fields are editable during the correction process such as Gender, Nationality, Category, etc.
Exam Centres of NEET 2022
- Candidates can choose their exam centre preferences during the application process. The students have to choose 3 exam cities.
- The allotted NEET 2022 Exam Centre details are printed on the Admit Card. Moreover, after the issuance of hall ticket, the exam centre cannot be changed under any circumstances. Furthermore, the list of exam centres is published on NTA NEET Website as well in the information bulletin.
NEET 2022 Admit Card
The Admit Card is the entry pass to the exam hall. Candidates have to carry a copy of the NEET 2022 admit card to the exam center. In addition, the details such as the candidates’ name, registration number, roll number, exam center address, etc. are mentioned in it. Furthermore, candidates have to visit the NTA NEET Official Website to download it. Candidates must check for discrepancies before downloading the admit card. In case of any discrepancies, immediately report them to the authorities.
NTA NEET 2022 Result
Soon after the completion of the examination, the NTA releases the NEET 2022 Result. Candidates who have appeared for the exam can check the result by visiting the official website. The result determines the qualification status of the applicant. To check the result, the aspirants have to enter their username and password.
As per last years’ records, the result was declared one month after the examination. In addition, the score is announced in the form of percentile. Candidates can view their NEET 2022 Scorecard via online mode.
NEET 2022 Reservation Criteria
The reservation of the seats is provided in the terms of age relaxations, category, and cutoff marks.
|Reserved Category||Percentage of reservation of seats|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) Non-Creamy Layer||27%|
NEET Scorecard and Merit List 2022
The NEET 2022 Scorecard indicates the qualifying status, percentile, and other such details. Candidates can download the scorecard online on NTA official website. Moreover, a merit list is also prepared for ranking students in order of merit. The merit students are further called for counseling as per the merit list. Furthermore, the seats are allotted on the basis of counseling. The NEET Counselling is the last stage of the NEET Admission Process. Selected applicants have to register and report to the alloted institutes along with the required documents.
FAQs on NEET 2022
Answer- The application form is expected to release in the month of January.
Answer – The applicant should be 17 years of age as of 31 December 2021
Answer- The National Testing Agency is responsible for conducting admissions.
Answer- The mode of filling the application form is online.
Answer- Yes, it is mandatory to fill in the NEET Application Form.
Answer- The stages for filling the JEE Main Application Form is as follows- (Registration, Filling the personal, educational, and contact details, uploading the documents, and payment of the fees).
Answer- The Application Fee for each category is – General/ OBC (INR 1500), General-EWS/ OBC-NCL (INR 1400), and SC/ ST/ PH (INR 800).
Answer- Yes, a correction facility is available after the registration ends.
Answer- The image size of Passport Size Photo must be between (10kb to 200 kb), Post Card Size Photo (50kb-300kb), Signature (4kb to 30kb). The image must be scanned properly in JPG format.