NEET 2022 Exam Pattern – NTA conducts the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG) every year for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, and BHMS courses and other UG medical courses. NEET is a pen and paper-based examination in which the candidates have to mark their answers on an OMR sheet. The exam comprises 2 sections in each subject. There are multiple-choice questions in the test. NEET 2022 comprises questions from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology subjects. It is important to be aware of the exam pattern as it helps the candidates to know about the number of questions, duration of the exam, marking scheme etc. Check the detailed NEET 2022 exam pattern from this page.
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
In 2021, the exam pattern had changed. Since 2021, each section has been divided into two sections; Sections A and B. In Section A, there are 35 questions, whereas, in Section B, there are 15 questions in total. Out of these 15 questions, the candidates can attempt 10 questions. Section A Questions of all subjects are all compulsory.
Question Type and Languages of Question Paper
- The question are objective type.
- The question will be provided in 13 languages English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, and Punjabi.
- Every correct chosen answer will yield a 4 mark.
- Wrong chosen answer will give a negative 1 mark.
- Candidates are advised to answer the question they are sure of to avoid negative marking, Unanswered questions give a zero.
- The duration of the test is 3 hours.
The test is of total 720 marks.
|Subject||Sections||Total Number of questions||Marks|
How to Prepare for NEET 2022?
Follow the preparation tips given below to ace NEET 2022.
- NEET syllabus consists the topics of the 11th and 12th class, hence focus on understanding the basic concepts.
- Chemistry concepts are vast but simple, hence learn all the key points.
- For Physics learn all the equations thoroughly so that you can apply them instantly when needed.
- Go through all the previous year question papers in order to understand the pattern of questions properly.
- To make sure you can manage time well give as many mock tests as possible in the given time which is three hours.
Best Books for NEET 2022
Given below are some of the books that can be referred to prepare for NEET 2022.
|Name of the books||Links|
|34 Years NTA NEET (UG) PHYSICS Chapterwise & |
Topicwise Solved Papers (2021 – 1988) By Disha Experts
|Check Price Here|
|Objective NCERT at your FINGERTIPS for NEET Biology||Check Price Here|
|Super 10 Mock Tests for New Pattern NTA NEET (UG) 2022||Check Price Here|
|Errorless Physics NEET 2022||Check Price Here|
|MTG Complete NEET Guide Physics, Best NEET Preparation Books-2022||Check Price Here|
|14 Years Solved Papers NEET 2022||Check Price Here|
FAQs for NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
Ans. There are 4 subjects with two sections each in the exam.
Ans. The question paper will be available in 13 languages.
Ans. The duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
Ans. The date has not been announced yet.