|Details - NEET 2021, Exam Date, Application Form, Eligibility, Admit Card, Answer Key, Result|
|Preparation - Syllabus, Chapter Wise Weightage, Exam Pattern, Previous Year Qs Papers, Notes, Sample Papers|
15 Boards in India have announced the date sheets for class 12 board exams 2021. PCB / BiPC students of class 12, or as it is referred to as 2nd PUC, or Inter 2nd year, HS, plus two in different states, will be appearing for their board exams as well as NEET 2021. With this in mind, the National Testing Agency and other bodies involved will have to ensure that the exam date of NEET UG does not clash with board exams of any state.
NEET 2021 Exam Date vs CBSE, State Board Class 12 Date Sheets
Avoiding date clash between board exam dates and NEET exam dates has never been a problem before. Unfortunately, this year is an exception. Every year, boards usually conclude their exams by April-end, leaving the first Sunday of May free for NEET exam. However this year, most boards are conducting final exams in May-June.
This leaves end of June as one possibility for NEET 2021 exam date. However even that week is occupied by the exam dates of West Bengal Board, and 1st week of July is reserved by MP board for their exams.
In this scenario, it is a little difficult to fathom a plausible date for the NEET 2021 exam. Take a look at the announced board exam date sheets 2021 for yourself.
Class 12 Board Exam Dates 2021 Announced
- CBSE 12th Date Sheet 2021: Central Board of Secondary Education will conduct exams for class 12th students from 4th May to 11th June.
- AP Inter Time Table 2021: Class 12 board exams, that is inter 2nd year, in Andhra Pradesh will be held from 6th May to 23rd May.
- Assam HS Routine 2021: Assam board will hold exams for class 12th students from 12th May. However the exact time table is yet to be released.
- Bihar Board 12th Date Sheet 2021: Bihar is the only state where board exams have already started. The exams are from 1st to 13th February.
- CG Board 12th Time Table 2021: Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education will conduct board exams for class 12 students from 3rd to 24th May.
- Goa Board Class 12 Date Sheet 2021: The Goa Board Secondary and Higher Secondary Education has decided to hold board exams for class 12 students from 26th April to 15th May.
- HP Board 12th Date Sheet 2021: Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education (HPBOSE) will conduct the board exams for 12th class students from 4th to 29th May.
- JAC 12th Date Sheet 2021: The Jharkhand Academic Council has announced that exams will be held from 9th March. Nevertheless the exact dates are yet to be disclosed.
- Karnataka PUC Time Table 2021: 2nd PUC exams are going to be conducted from 24th May to 10th June.
- Kerala Plus Two Time Table 2021: Department of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala (DHSE) shall hold the 12th class exams from 17th to 30th March.
- MP Board 12th Time Table 2021: This year the board will hold exams twice. First exam are from 1st to 18th May, and the second exam are from 1st to 15th July.
- Maharashtra HSC Time Table 2021: Varsha Gaikwad, Education Minister of the state, has announced that class 12 exams will be from 23rd April to 29th May.
- PSEB 12th Date Sheet 2021: Punjab School Education Board will conduct board exams from 9th April to 1st May.
- TS Inter 2nd Year Time Table 2021: Telangana State Board of Intermediate Education will conduct exams from 2nd to 20th May.
- West Bengal HS Routine 2021: West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) shall hold the class 12 board exams from 15th to 30th June.
Possible NEET Exam Date 2021 As Per Announced Board Exam Time Tables
As you can see above, board exams are in February, March, April, May, as well as June. No particular week is absolutely free from any class 12 exam date. And even if any one week was free, it is difficult to hold a critical exam like NEET between any exam dates as it will lead to issues for the students.
This brings us to the following possible scenarios:
#1. NEET 2021 could be held in June-end. As of now West Bengal board has announced exam dates to be in June. If NTA decides to hold NEET in the same month, then there could be revision of West Bengal board exam dates. However chances of board exam dates revision are very less. Therefore, second case seems more probable.
#2. NEET 2021 can be held in July. This is the most probable scenario, now that we see board exams lined up till June end. The only problem in this is that the exam result will have to be announced quickly to avoid delay in opening of MBBS session 2021-22.
#3. NTA can hold NEET UG 2021 twice. NTA is already holding JEE Main 2021 four times this year. And one of the biggest reasons behind deciding to do so was to ensure that even if dates clash with board exams, students can skip that chance and take another one. The same can be done with NEET. Ergo, even if NEET is not held four times, it can be done twice. One exam can be in May or June, and the other in June or July. In this case, candidates will get multiple attempts and also avoid board exams date clash with a single attempt.
Ultimately, the final decision on what to do remains in the hands of the bodies that can take the call – National Testing Agency (NTA), Ministry of Education, and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW). A decision on NEET 2021 exam date is expected soon. And thereafter, NEET 2021 application form should be released in February.