|Details - NEET 2021, Exam Date, Application Form, Login, Eligibility, Admit Card, Answer Key, Result|
|Preparation - Syllabus, Chapter Wise Weightage, Exam Pattern, Previous Year Qs Papers, Notes, Sample Papers|
Know NEET 2021 eligibility criteria here. The eligibility criteria for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is probably the most complex and important part of the exam. Every candidate has to satisfy eligibility clause of NEET which are related to age, education qualification, nationality, number of attempts, etc. The most basic eligibility criteria for NEET 2021 is that the exam is for class 12th studied students only. However, apart from this also, candidate also have to satisfy various other factors of NEET eligibility. Know complete NEET eligibility criteria 2021 from this page.
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of NEET is as prescribed by the Regulations on Graduate Medical Education, 1997. The admission to 15% All India Quota is done as per the provisions of the Statutory Regulation of MCI / NMC / DCI, judgments of Supreme Court of India and the procedure specified by MCC under DGHS.
On the other hand, the admission to 85% to State Quota as per the provisions of the Statutory Regulation of MCI / NMC / DCI, judgments of Supreme Court of India and regulations by the State / Union Govt. or its designated authority.
NEET 2021 Age Limit
To apply for NEET 2021, the candidates must have be of the following age:
Minimum Age Limit: The candidates must be 17 years of age at the time of admission or on 31st December of the year their admission.
Maximum Age Limit: As of now, the Supreme Court of India has not taken any decision on the upper age limit. It is still in the pipeline and the final verdict is yet to be announced. However, according to the NTA’s information brochure, the upper age limit is 25 years on the date of examination.
Relaxation: 5 years of relaxation for the candidates belonging to SC / ST / PwD / OBC-NCL candidates is given in case of the upper age limit.
Accordingly, the lower age limit shall be as follows:
|Category||Born on or before|
|For candidates of General (UR) / General – EWS||31st Dec 2004|
|For candidates of SC / ST / OBC – NCL / PwD Category||31st Dec 2004|
The candidates who fulfill the following criteria are eligible to appear for NEET 2021.
- Indian Nationals
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- Foreign Nationals
Note: Foreign Nationals are required to confirm their eligibility from the concerned Medical / Dental / College / State.
Eligibility of OCI card holders:
- The OCI card holder (including a PIO card holder) is a foreign national who has a passport of foreign country and is not a citizen of India.
- Furthermore, the PIO cardholder and foreign nationals are not eligible for admission for any seat reserved for Indian citizens.
NEET 2021 Educational Qualification
- The candidates must have cleared class 12th.
- The candidates must have studied English, Biology / Biotechnology, Physics and Chemistry subjects.
- Also, the candidates must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English individually and with minimum 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology.
Minimum Qualifying Percentage
|Category||Min Percentage Needed in 10+2|
|GEN, GEN – EWS||50%|
|OBC / SC / ST||40%|
NEET 2021 Attempt Limit: As of now, there is no attempt limit for NEET 2021.
Qualifications and Qualifying Examination Codes
In order to be eligible for NEET 2021, the candidates must have passed any one of the following examinations:
- The candidates who are in class 12 and their results are awaited can apply for NEET 2021. However, they shall not eligible to pursue UG Medical Courses if they do not pass the qualifying examination with the minimum percentage at the time of 1st round of counselling.
- The candidates who have appeared or are appearing in the qualifying exam with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the main subjects and are expecting to pass the qualifying exam with the required percentage can also apply. However, their candidature of such candidates shall only be considered if they provide documentary proof of qualifying the exam with these subjects and with the required minimum percentage of marks.
- The candidates must have passed Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination that is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after 12 years of study where the last 2 years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology, and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English as prescribed by NCERT have been studied.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open School or as private candidates shall not be eligible to appear for the ‘National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test’.
- Furthermore, the candidates who had Biology / Biotechnology as an additional subject at 10+2 level will be eligible for MBBS entrance exam.
- The candidates must have passed Intermediate / Pre-Degree Examination in Science of an Indian University / Board or other recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology (must include practical subjects) and English as compulsory subjects.
- The candidates should have passed Pre-Professional / Pre-Medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English after passing either Higher Secondary Examination or the Pre-University or any other equivalent examination.
- The Pre-Professional / Pre-Medical Examination must include practical tests in the above-given subjects and English as a compulsory subject.
- All those candidates who have passed the first year of 3-year degree course from a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology with practical tests.
- The candidates must have passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology with English at a level not less than a core course.
- The candidates must have passed B.Sc examination from an Indian University with not less than two subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) / Biotechnology.
- Also, the candidates must have passed their earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- All those candidates who have passed any other examination that is found to be equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian / University Board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology including practical tests in these subjects and English.
Other important information
- The Pre-Medical course shall be conducted either at a Medical College or a Science College
- Marks secured in Mathematics are not considered for the eligibility for admission to Undergraduate Medical Courses.
Educational Qualification for Foreign Nationals:
All those candidates who have received education in Abroad and are willing to take admission in colleges situated in India must have passed Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology and English with 50% marks in class 12th.
Their equivalency must be determined by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as per regulations of the Medical Council of India and the Concerned University.
NEET 2021 Eligibility for 15% All India Quota
All the successful candidates who have qualified NEET 2021 and want to avail 15% All India Quota seats then they must have obtained more than the following cut-off percentile score.
|GEN, GEN-EWS||50th percentile|
|SC / ST / OBC- NCL||40th percentile|
|GEN PH||45th percentile|
|SC / ST / OBC – NCL PwBD||40th percentile|
Participation of UT of J&K and Ladakh for 15% All India Quota seats
NEET 2021 Reservation Criteria
The candidates can check the reservation criteria given below.
|EWS||10% only in National Institutes / Central Universities|
|OBC – NCL||27% only in National Institutes / Central Universities|
|PwBD||5% Horizontal Reservation|
About NEET 2021
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a pen-paper based test that is conducted for the admission into MMBS, BDS and UG Ayush courses. It is a 3 hour duration test. In the test, there are 180 multiple-choice questions test that are asked from the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology). Each question is of 04 marks and there is negative marking of 01 marks in case of negative marking.
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria FAQs
The candidates must be 17 years of age at the time of admission or on 31st December of the year their admission.
There are no attempt limit for NEET. You can give NEET as many times you want.
The upper age limit to apply for NEET2021 is 25 years. But this criteria has been challenged in the Supreme Court of India. The candidates who are older than 25 years of age, can apply for NEET 2021. However, their admission shall depend on the final outcome of the SC’s judgement.
You must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English individually and with minimum 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology.