NBE FET 2021 – National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS) has released the application form for NBE FET 2021. With this, the brochure and the details for the exam have also been released. The direct link to apply is given below. The fellowship entrance test is held for admission into FNB / FNB – PD courses. The exam is being held for Indian as well as International students. NBE FET 2021 will be held on January 11, 2022 in the computer-based mode. After the conduct of the examination, the official authority will conduct Centralized merit based counselling. Check more details about NBE FET 2021 from this page such as application process, important dates, eligibility criteria etc.
NBE FET 2021
The NBE conducts the Fellowship Entrance Test (FET) exam for admission to Fellowship Programs. The entrance examination is conducted for International Students only for admission to various Fellowship (FNB) courses. Apart from International locations, the examination is also conducted at one national centre i.e. New Delhi.
Get the complete schedule of events related to NBE FET 2021 in the table below.
|Events of NBE FET 2021||Dates|
|Release of information brochure||Released|
|Start of online applications||Started|
|Last date to apply online||13 Dec 2021|
|Application Form Editing can be done from||16-19 Dec 2021|
|Final edit window to correct images||24-26 Dec 2021|
|Admit Card download||04 Jan 2022|
|NBE FET 2021 Exam Date||11 Jan 2022|
|Result declaration||31 Jan 2022|
|Score Card Release||to be announced|
NBE FET 2021 Application Form
Interested candidates have to register online at the official website and apply online for FET 2021. After registering, candidates are provided with the User ID and Password which must be used for logging in to the website for subsequent procedures. In addition, an application fee, as specified in the official information brochure must also be paid by all applicants. Check out the complete procedure to register and apply online below.
How to Register & Apply Online?
- Go to the official website i.e. nbe.edu.in.
- Click FET 2021 FPIS.
- Now click on New Registration and fill up the registration form. Candidates are given the User ID and Password upon successful registration.
- Thereafter, candidates can log in to the website to fill up the application form and submit online.
- Fill up the application form and upload scanned copies of photograph and signature.
- Select the Test country and make the payment of the fee.
- Applicants can now submit the application form to complete the process.
NBE FET 2021 Application Fee
- For Indian students – Rs 4250
- For International students – Rs 44250
NBE FET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
As per the last official information brochure of NBE FET 2021, applicants from countries other than India are eligible to apply for NBE FET 2021. The complete details of the eligibility criteria can be checked below.
- Applicants must be holding a Post Graduate Medical Qualification as required for respective NBE Fellowship. (The list of fellowship and PG Medical Qualification required for each can be checked from the image below).
- Candidates must have obtained the PG Medical Qualification certificate.
- The PG Medical Qualification must be registered in the applicant’s own country.
- PG Medical Qualification must be included in the National Medical Commission Act/ the Second Schedule or Part II of Third Schedule of the repealed Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
- There is no age limit for admission to Fellowship courses through FET 2021.
Important Points About NBE FET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- NBE FET 2021 is only for candidates who are not citizens of India. Indians are not required to appear in this exam.
- Applicants must be a registered practitioner in their own country.
- After qualifying the FET entrance examination, candidates have to obtain clearance from relevant authorities such as the Ministry of External Affairs, Ministry of Home Affairs, Local Police etc.).
- Candidates also have to obtain temporary registration with the National Medical Council after which, they can be permitted to get admission in any FNB course.
- International students are required to obtain a No Objection Certificate from relevant Medical Council/Government. This is required in order to get permission for practicing in India.
NBE FET 2021 Application Form Correction
Candidates are allowed one chance to edit certain details in the online application form. NBE FET application form correction window can be used to log in to nbe.edu.in and edit any information except the following.
- Email ID
No editing in the information provided shall be permissible in the application form, once the edit window is over. NBE shall disclaim any liability that may arise due to incorrect information provided by the applicants during form submission.
Subsequent to the closure of the correction window, In case, deficiency related to images uploaded in the application form, if any, shall be communicated to concerned students. NBE shall be allowed the candidates to make correction related to images uploaded (photograph and Signatures) can be corrected during the final edit window i.e. March 04 to 05, 2021.
Applicants, who unable to submit duly completed forms with required documents before the last date for rectification shall be declared ineligible. Admit Card shall not be issued to candidates who are declared ineligible. In such cases, the entire fees will be forfeited.
NBE FET 2021 Admit Card
National Board of Examination releases the admit card for NBE FET online at the official website only. Registered candidates have to log in using the User ID and Password to download the admit card. It is mandatory to report to the centre as per schedule mentioned on the admit card along with a printed copy of the admit card downloaded from NBE website. Ineligible applicants are however not issued any admit card to appear in the exam.
Intimation of the release of admit card is sent to the registered candidates through SMS/Email. Candidates must note that the admit card is not sent through post or any other means.
Important Points to Note About NBE FET 2021 Admit Card
- After downloading the admit card, candidates have to affix the latest passport sized photograph on it.
- The photograph must be at least 35×45 mm in dimensions.
- 75% of the photograph must be occupied with the face & head of the candidate.
- The photograph must be coloured with a white background.
- Candidates are also advised to carry valid photo identification to the exam centre along with the admit card.
NBE FET 2021 Exam Pattern
The Fellowship Entrance Test (FET) is conducted as a MCQ based exam on computers. Candidates can check out the exam pattern below.
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|Sections||Part A – 45 mins|
Part B – 60 mins
|Number of Questions||100|
|Type of Questions||MCQ type|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks per correct answer|
|Negative Marking||1 mark per wrong answer|
NBE FET 2021 Syllabus
The FET 2021 exam consist of two papers i.e. Part A & Part B. Part A consist of questions from eligible feeder broad/super specialty course. Part B of the paper consist of questions from the concerned fellowship course.
General Test Day Guidelines for NBE FET 2021
The National Board of Examination has specified certain exam day protocols to be followed by applicants. Candidates can check out the details below.
- Candidates have to report to the designated centre as per time indicated on the admit card.
- Reporting counter closes 30 minutes before the exam start time.
- Candidates have to report to the exact location and address of the test centre as designated on the admit card.
- All candidates are to be check with Thermo Guns at the entry points. Candidates having body temperature of more than 99.14 degree Farenheit will have to take the test in an isolated lab.
Items and Documents to be carried to the NBE FET 2021 Exam Centre
- Admit Card
- Photo identity
- Face Mask
- Water Bottle
- Hand Sanitizer
NBE FET 2021 Result
The NBE FET 2021 result will be released by the board after the conduction of examination. Candidates who qualify in the Computer Based Test by securing the minimum qualifying marks are declared as qualified. The result can be checked from the official website i.e. nbe.edu.in. Candidates can also download individual score cards by logging in with the User ID and Password.
NBE issues separate permit lists for each fellowship course. Merit lists are prepared on the basis of marks secured in the entrance examination only. Candidates must secure at least 50th percentile in the entrance test to qualify.
NBE FET 2021 Counselling
Counselling for admission to Fellowship courses in accredited hospitals is conducted by NBE. Candidates who qualify in the written test are eligible to appear in the counselling session. Merit based counselling is done and the details of the counselling process are to be imtimated in due course of time.
List of documents to be produced at the time of counselling
- Primary Medical Qualification Degree Certificate.
- PG Medical Qualification certificate.
- PG Medical Qualification Registration Certificate.
- No Objection Certificate
- Temporary Registration with NMC.
- Valid passport & visa.
Click here to visit the official website of NBE
Click Here for last NBE FET 2021 Information Brochure (Announced on Jan 2021)
The purpose of the National Board of Examination is to enhance the quality of medical education by increasing the level and setting benchmarks for post graduate medical examinations. The NBE was established in 1975. NBE conducts postgraduate and postdoctoral examinations across 54 different discipline for DNB. Degree awarded by the NBE is called Diplomate of National Board. For further details of the NBE, candidates can check out the official website.
Ans. No, NBE FET is only for foreign candidates.
Ans. Yes, the only test centre is in New Delhi.
Ans. For NBE FET 2021, the application fee if 500 USD.
And. No it is not possible to get the admit card by post.
Ans. No, candidates are not allowed to change nationality, name, email etc.
Official website: nbe.edu.in.