NATA Syllabus 2021 – The candidates can check NATA syllabus 2021 from this page. To prepare for the exam, one must know the syllabus as it specifies the topics from which questions come in the exam. This year, CoA has not mentioned the specific syllabus for NATA 2021 rather, it has mentioned the methods and techniques that will be used to test the ability of the candidates.
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is a national-level test that is conducted twice a year. It is held for admission into 5-year B.Arch course. In all, NATA is an aptitude test that assesses a candidate’s innate ability through a variety of testing formats. It basically measures the aptitude of the candidates to study Architecture through the assessment of cognitive skills, visual perception and aesthetic sensitivity tests, logical reasoning and critical thinking ability etc. Know more details about NATA syllabus 2021 from this page.
Latest: Apart from the techniques that will be used to test the candidate’s aptitude, CoA has prescribed some topics as well from which can be asked at the time of examination.
NATA Syllabus 2021
Check the methods and techniques that shall be used to test the candidate’s aptitude.
- Diagrammatic Reasoning: Tests the logical reasoning ability, using diagrams and scenarios
- Numerical Reasoning: Tests the mathematical ability through simple problems
- Verbal Reasoning: Judges the candidates on their ability to assess verbal logic
- Inductive Reasoning: Tests the ability of the candidates to see patterns and analyze the given data
- Situational Judgement: Tests the candidate’s problem-solving ability
- Logical Reasoning: Tests the ability of the candidates to recognize patterns, sequences or relationships between shapes and imagery
- Abstract Reasoning: Tests the candidate’s general knowledge and ability to utilize knowledge in new situations
Questions will also be asked from various topics that assesses the candidate’s understanding of basic concepts in:
- Language and Perception
- Elements and Principles of Design
- Aesthetic Sensitivity
- Colour Theory
- Lateral Thinking and Logical Reasoning
- Visual Perception and Cognition
- Graphics and Imagery
- Building Anatomy and Architectural Vocabulary
- Basic Techniques of Building Construction and Knowledge of Material
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs etc
Note: The questions are not limited to be framed from the above-mentioned topics and can differ at the time of examination.
Some Important Points of NATA 2021
– Drawing test is not a component of NATA 2021
– Knowledge gained in the required subjects of study such as Mathematics, Physics, Geometry over the years of schooling (10+2 or 10+3 diploma examination) as well as in the areas of logical reasoning and general aptitude will be tested.
– There will be no Part A and Part B in NATA 2021
NATA 2021 Exam Pattern
NATA is a computer-based test. Check the other details of the exam given below.
- Duration: The duration of the test is 3 hours
- Type of questions: There test will have multiple-choice questions, multiple-select questions, preferential choice type questions, and numerical answer type questions
- No. of questions: There are total 125 questions in the test
- Maximum marks: The test is of total 200 marks
- Medium of test: The question paper will be available in English language
- Marking Scheme: The questions will be of either 01 mark / 2 marks / 3 marks
Distribution of questions
|No. of questions||Marks for each question||Total marks|
|Total = 125||200|
Recommended Books for NATA 2021 Preparation
We have listed some of the books given below that can be referred for the preparation of NATA 2021.
|NATA/B.ARCH. Architecture Entrance Question Bank |
(Revised 2021 Edition)
|Check Price Here|
|Architecture Entrance Bank for NATA||Check Price Here|
|Study Guide for B.Arch 2021||Check Price Here|
|HIGHER ALGEBRA||Check Price Here|
|B.Arch. NATA: Self Study Guide||Check Price Here|
NATA 2021 Preparation Tips
Check the preparation tips given below to prepare for NATA 2021.
- Know the exam pattern and syllabus: First of all, check the pattern of exam carefully. Check what type of questions will be asked in the exam, number of questions, marking scheme etc. Then, check the syllabus of the exam and note down the topics from which questions can be asked from the exam.
- Select the best study material: It is important to prepare from the books that have the concepts clearly stated in them. So, pick the best study material that is available out there. It is advised to not refer too many books for the preparation.
- Practice previous year question papers: Though the exam pattern and syllabus have been changed this year, practicing previous year question papers will still help the candidates to know the topics from which questions were previously asked.
- Solve mock tests: Give mock tests frequently once the syllabus has been completed. Mock tests help the candidates to figure out the best possible strategy to complete the paper on time. With the help of mock tests, the candidates can also know the topics that need to be understood again and the topics that need revision only.
FAQs on NATA Syllabus 2021
Ans. You can check NATA syllabus 2021 from nata.in.
Ans. The question paper will have multiple-choice questions, multiple-select questions, preferential type questions, numerical answer type questions.
Ans. The aptitude test will test the candidate’s ability through various techniques like Diagrammatic Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Numerical Reasoning, Inductive Reasoning, Situational Judgement, Logical Reasoning etc. The questions in the test will test the candidate’s understanding of basic concepts in Mathematics, Physics, Geometry, Language and Perception, Aesthetic Sensitivity, Colour Theory etc.
Ans. To prepare for NATA 2021, start your preparation by analyzing the exam pattern and syllabus of the exam. Check the previous year question paper and check the type of questions that are asked in the exam. Solve mock tests to understand the basics of computer-based test.