NATA 2022 – Council of Architecture (CoA) has released the application form for NATA 2022. A direct link to fill the application form is provided below. Apart from this, the brochure has also been released at nata.in. In it, the details for the exam and phase-wise events dates are specified clearly. The exam is being conducted thrice a year. The exam dates for NATA are 12 Jun, 03 Jul, and 24 Jul 2022. Each day, the exam will take place in 2 slots.
Council of Architecture (CoA) conducts NATA 2022 for admission of candidates in 5 year B.Arch course. It is one of the biggest architecture entrance exam, which is held at national level. The exam is held in computer based mode. There are in 125 questions in the exam and candidates can 3 hours to attempt the paper. Know more details on NATA 2022 from this page.
Latest – NATA 2022 application form has been released. Click here to apply.
Latest – NATA 2022 brochure has been released. Click here to download.
Latest – CFTIs will not take admission based on NATA. Instead will use JEE Main Paper 2 result for admission.
Latest – Official notice for NATA 2022 is out. It is attached below.
NATA 2022 Exam Dates
This year, NATA 2022 will be held in 3 sessions. The important dates for these are as follows:
|Events||1st Attempt||2nd Attempt||3rd Attempt|
|Official notification released on||14 Mar 2022||14 Mar 2022||14 Mar 2022|
|Online application form release date||08 Apr 2022||08 Apr 2022||08 Apr 2022|
|Last date to apply||23 May 2022||20 Jun 2022||11 Jul 2022|
|Correction window||19 – 23 May 2022||18 – 20 Jun 2022||09 – 11 Jul 2022|
|Admit card release date||07 Jun 2022||30 Jun 2022||21 Jul 2022|
|NATA 2022 Exam Date||12 Jun 2022||03 Jul 2022||24 Jul 2022|
|Result declaration date||20 Jun 2022||13 Jul 2022||03 Aug 2022|
NATA 2022 Overview
|Name of the examination||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|Type of Examination||UG Level National Entrance Exam conducted for admission in Architecture.|
|Conducting Body||Council of Architecture (COA)|
|Frequency of the examination||Twice a year usually but will be held thrice in 2022|
|Mode of the exam||Online|
NATA 2022 Application Form
NATA 2022 Application Form will release on its official website in the first week of March 2022. Candidates who meet the criteria can fill the form online. Interested candidates can register for both phases of the NATA exam at the same time. The application link will remain active for a short period of time. Therefore, applicants are advised to fill and submit the form before the due date.
How to apply for NATA 2022 Form?
This is the first stage of the NATA Admission Process. The mode of the application form is online. The steps of filling the application form consist of personal details, education qualifications, uploading the documents, and payment of fees. The steps to fill the NATA 2022 registration is as follows-
- Visit the official website of NATA and click on online application link.
- Fill in the following details mentioned below –
- Personal Details
- Name of the candidate
- Parent’s Name
- Date of birth
- Place of Residence
- Category (PwD)
- Valid Identity Proof
- Choice of the Examination Center
- Candidates have to select at least three exam centres as per their preferences.
- Educational Qualifications
- Educational Qualification
- Board Name
- Year of passing
- Marks obtained
- Institute Name and Address
- Communication Address
- Residence Address
- State and District of Domicile
- Pin Code
- e-mail id
- Mobile number
- Personal Details
After providing the above details, create a password, and select a security question and answer.
- Now preview the information entered. Soon after the registration is complete, an application number and password is generated.
- Login using the credentials and upload the documents as per the specifications.
- Make the payment of the application fees through debit/credit card, and netbanking.
- Soon after making the payment, a confirmation page will be generated. Download the application form/ confirmation page for future reference.
Documents required for NATA 2022 Application Form
The candidates need to upload the following list of documents while filling up the NATA 2022 application form.
- Recent passport size photograph
Candidates can refer to the following image specifications.
|Recent Passport Size Photograph||JPG/JPEG||4 to 100 Kb||4.5 cm X 3.5 cm|
|Signature||JPG/JPEG||1 to 30 Kb||1.5 cm X 3.5 cm|
NATA 2022 Application Fees
Candidates can refer to the following information for category-wise application fees for NATA 2022. This table is based on the information available for last year.
|General Category / OBC – NCL||Rs 2000/- (for one test), and Rs 4000/- (for any two tests)|
|SC/ST/PwD||Rs 1500/- (for one test) and Rs 3000/- (for any two tests)|
|Foreign students (candidates who want to give the exam out of the country)||Rs 10000/- (for one test), and Rs 20000/- (for any two tests)|
Combined fee of Test 1, 2 and 3
|General / OBC – NCL||SC / ST / ST / PwD / Transgender||Outside India|
|Rs 5400||Rs 4050||Rs 27000|
NATA 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are one of the most important factors in the NATA admission process. It includes the age, education criteria, etc.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 in with physics, mathematics, and chemistry.
- Applicants should have completed a 10+3 diploma with mathematics.
- Candidates who are appearing in either of the above exam are also eligible for the examination.
NATA Exam Centres 2022
At the time of filling the application form, the candidates have to enter three center choices. Thus, the list of NATA 2022 Examination Centres are as follows-
|Andaman and Nicobar||Andhra Pradesh|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jharkhand|
In case the candidate is unable to travel to the centers currently opted for, he/she will be given the option for a change of test center in the portal on the dates mentioned in the brochure.
NATA 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates who are appearing for the exam must be aware of the exam pattern. It includes the marking scheme, types of questions, time duration of the NATA Paper I and II. The complete details were released along with NATA 2022 Information Bulletin. Thus, the exam scheme of NATA 2022 is as follows-
Exam mode – Online
Language of exam – English
Time duration – 180 minutes
Types of questions –
- Multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Multiple Select Type (MSQ)
- Preferential Choice Type (PCQ)
- Numerical Type Questions (NAQ)
Marking scheme – There will be different questions of 1 mark, 2 marks, and 3 marks.
NATA 2022 Syllabus
The National Aptitude Test Syllabus is designed by the Council of Architecture. The exam measures the skills of the candidates in Architecture ground. There is no definite syllabus released by CoA for NATA exam but after analyzing previous year papers of NATA we have expected the core syllabus. The candidates can refer to the below table for the syllabus.
|Diagrammatic Reasoning||This section tests the candidate’s ability of logical reasoning, using diagrams.|
|Numerical Reasoning||This section assesses the candidate’s mathematical ability.|
|Verbal Reasoning||This section tests the candidate’s ability to assess verbal logic.|
|Inductive Reasoning||This section tests the candidate’s ability to analyze data patterns.|
|Situational Judgment||This section assesses the candidate’s problem-solving ability.|
|Logical Reasoning||This section tests the candidate’s ability to recognize shapes and imagery based on their patterns, sequences, or relationships.|
|Abstract Reasoning||This section tests the candidate’s general knowledgeability and utilizes that knowledge in different situations.|
Usually, the questions that assess the above-mentioned abilities of candidates in NATA, comes from the following topics –
- Physics and Geometry
- Language and Interpretation
- Elements and Principles of design
- Aesthetic sensitivity
- Colour theory, and Lateral thinking
- Logical Reasoning
- Visual perception and Cognition
- Graphics and Imagery
- Building anatomy and Architectural vocabulary
- Techniques of building construction and knowledge of construction material
- General knowledge and Current affairs, etc.
NATA 2022 Preparation Tips
The National Aptitude Test is quite different from other entrance tests. There is no particular way or structure to study for the paper, as it clearly tests the candidate’s aptitude and logical skills. In this section, we are listing out some preparation tips that will help the applicants score well in NATA 2022.
- Focus more on the aptitude knowledge. Practice sets of aptitude questions daily to improve the accuracy to attempt the questions.
- Parctice drawing questions to enhance your imagination skills. Like for example – “You are a fish in an aquarium, and a little boy is staring at you. Draw what you see”.
- Go through the previous year question papers of NATA. Solve at least 10 – 20 past papers within the time limit.
- Don’t practice in A3 size sketch books. Use A4 size booklets as is is the standard size of answer sheets used in the examinations.
- For GK and Current Affairs, read newspapers, and magazines daily.
- Practice more with colours, as they are convenient to use and take less time in exams.
- Take real time online mock tests that are meant for architecture exams.
- Refer to good architecture books. Be aware of the surroundings, and happenings around the city, country, and world.
- Motivate yourself with good inspirational videos, and documentaries.
- You need not to have a great sketching, and need not to be an expert in any above skills, but just need to have a fair amount of curiosity and interest to pursue these skills.
Recommended Books for NATA 2022
|NATA & B.Arch Question Bank by Ar. Shadan Usmani||Buy here|
|NATA & B.Arch complete study material: entrance examination by Ar. Shadan Usmani||Buy here|
|Architecture Entrance Aptitude Book by Wasim Khan||Buy here|
|P.K. Mishra – Complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch||Buy here|
|B.Arch Entrance Examination Guide by Surendra Kalimantan||Buy here|
NATA 2022 Admit Card
NATA Hall Ticket 2022 will be released a week before the exam. Candidates who have submitted the form can download the admit card from the official website. However, to download, the applicants have to provide their application number and password. The admit card carries the details of the candidate and the examination and serves as identity proof.
How to Download NATA Admit Card?
The step by step process to download the hall ticket is as follows-
- Visit the official website of NATA- nata.in
- Click on the ‘NATA 2022 Admit Card’ button.
- Enter your application number and password
- Download the admit card and ensure all the details are correct
- Take a printout of admit card to carry on the day of examination.
Things to carry during NATA 2022 Examination
Aspirants who are attempting the NATA 2022 Paper I and II must carry the following items –
- NATA 2022 Admit Card
- Valid Photo ID Proof- Voter Card/ Pan Card/ Aadhar Card/ Driving Licence
- Photographs or signatures on NATA admit card must be clearly visible. The image must be similar to that uploaded during the registration.
NATA 2022 Exam Timings
Candidates can refer to the below table for information related to the exam timings of NATA 2022.
|Report to the Examination Center||09.00 am|
|Opening gate to the examination hall||09.15 am|
|Registration of candidate to be completed by||09.45 am|
|Gate closing time to the examination hall||10.00 am|
|Commencement of examination||10.00 am|
|Exam ends at||01.00 pm|
NATA 2022 Result
The NATA 2022 Result is announced by the Council of Architecture. It denotes the qualifying status of the applicants. The result is declared in the form of a scorecard. Hence, the steps to check the result is as follows-
- Visit the official website of NATA.
- Click on the link for NATA 2022 Result link
- Enter roll number and date of birth
- Result will be displayed on the screen
- Download and take the printout.
- The scores of NATA 2022 will remain valid for the academic session 2022-2023.
NATA 2022 Participating Colleges
NATA 2022 Result/Scorecard is accepted by the following colleges-
- Rizvi College of Architecture, Mumbai
- Singhad College of Architecture, Pune
- Sir JJ College of Architecture, Mumbai
- IES College of Architecture, Mumbai
- Dehradun Institute of Technology
- LS Raheja School of Architecture, Mumbai
- Department of Architecture, BITS, Mesra
- Sushant School of Art and Architecture, Gurugram
- Chandigarh College of Architecture
- Measi Academy of Architecture, Chennai
- Chitkara School of Planning and Architecture
- Aayojan School of Architecture, Jaipur
NATA 2022 Counselling
NATA 2022 counseling will be conducted by the participating architecture colleges because the council of architecture does not conduct any counseling for admissions. Aspirants who qualify for the exam are eligible to participate in the counseling. The instructions that have to be followed to appear in the counseling of NATA 2022 are –
- Candidates will have to apply in each participating institution separately.
- The verification of the documents will be done by each institute separately. Shortlisted candidates have to report the institute with the documents. It is mandatory to appear the counselling session.
- The admission of the candidate is finalized after paying the admission fees.
NATA 2022 – FAQs
Answer- NATA will take place 3 times a year this year. It will be held on 12 Jun, 03 Jul, and 24 Jul 2022.
Answer – The Council of Architecture is responsible for conducting the exam.
Answer- NATA 2022 or National Aptitude Test Admissions is a national-level entrance exam to provide admission in B.Arch programs.
Answer- Yes, candidates can register for all the papers. The maximum number of attempts for NATA is two.
Answer- The exam duration is of 180 minutes with 125 questions.
Answer- For General Category, the fee amount is Rs 2000/- (for one test), and Rs 4000/- (for both tests). Whereas, for category students, the fees are Rs 1500/- (for one test), and Rs 3000/- (for both tests).
Answer- Candidates can check the result by visiting the official website of the COA NATA.