NATA 2022 Syllabus – Candidates who are appearing for the NATA 2022 must be aware of the NATA syllabus. With the help of the exam syllabus, the applicants can prioritize the chapters and start preparing. The Council of Architecture releases the syllabus for NATA 2022 on its official website nata.in. The syllabus is designed in such a way that it tests the skills of the candidates in different corners of imagination and perspective towards architecture and design. Thus, The COA NATA syllabus comprises an assessment of cognitive skills, visual perception, aesthetic sensitivity tests, logical reasoning, and critical thinking ability. So, in this article, candidates can get complete details of NATA Syllabus 2022. Therefore, go through the details carefully.
NATA 2022 Syllabus
National Aptitude Test for Architecture (NATA) is organized by the Council of Architecture. The entrance test offers admission into architecture programs in various colleges other than IITs and NITs. NATA is an online undergraduate entrance examination with a time duration of 3 hours. Applicants can check the syllabus of NATA on its official website. Candidates are advised to go through the syllabus carefully because the questions asked in the exam are quite uncertain as the syllabus is not defined properly. However, after analyzing the previous question papers, we have come up with a probable syllabus pattern. Aspirants can go through that. The exam measures the skills of the candidates in Architecture criteria
|Diagrammatic Reasoning||This section tests the applicant’s sense of logical reasoning, using diagrams.|
|Numerical Reasoning||This section tests the candidate’s mathematical ability.|
|Verbal Reasoning||This section tests the candidate’s ability to assess verbal logic.|
|Inductive Reasoning||This section tests the candidate’s ability to analyze data patterns.|
|Situational Judgment||This section assesses the candidate’s problem-solving ability.|
|Logical Reasoning||Examines the candidate’s ability to recognize shapes and imagery based on their patterns, sequences, or relationships.|
|Abstract Reasoning||Examines the candidate’s ability to answer the general knowledge and awareness to the Current scenarios.|
So, based on the above syllabus topics, the questions are framed in different ways. Candidates can expect the questions from the following chapters and topics.
- Physics and Geometry
- Language and interpretation
- Elements and principles of design
- Aesthetic sensitivity
- Colour theory
- Lateral thinking and logical reasoning
- Visual perception and cognition
- Graphics and imagery
- Building anatomy and architectural vocabulary
- Basic techniques of building construction and knowledge of material
- General knowledge and current affairs
NATA 2022 Syllabus – Important Topics to Focus
As we have mentioned before the NATA syllabus 2022 is not definite. But, we have listed out some important topics that the candidate can focus on and start preparing for the exam.
- Statistics and Probability
- Permutation and Combination
- Current Electricity
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating currents
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic devices
- Analogus colors
- Colour balance
- Additive colour system
- Chromatic design
- Monochromatic and Polychromatic
- Primary and Secondary colours
- Colour Blindness
- Colour Temperature and value
- Warm and cool colours
- Triad and Triadic colours
- Grayscale Vs Black and White
- Hue value and intensity colour
- High, Low, and Mid Keys
- Intermediate colours
- Complementary colours
Building Anatomy and Architectural Vocabulary
- Keystone etc.
NATA 2022 General Knowledge and Current Affairs
In the NATA GK section, candidates can expect most of the questions will be based on national/ international architects and famous architectural creations.
NATA 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates who are appearing for the NATA 2022 must be aware of the exam pattern. It includes the marking scheme, types of questions, time duration of the NATA paper I and II. The complete details were released along with NATA 2022 Information Bulletin. Thus, the exam scheme of NATA 2022 is as follows-
- The mode of the exam is online.
- The time duration of the entrance test is 180 minutes.
- Questions will be asked in the following format –
- Multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Multiple Select Type (MSQ)
- Preferential Choice Type (PCQ)
- Numerical Type Questions (NAQ)
- Questions will be asked in different marking schemes- 1 mark, 2 marks, and 3 marks.
How to Prepare for NATA 2022?
The National Aptitude Test is quite different from other entrance tests. There is no particular way or structure to study for the paper, as it clearly tests the candidate’s aptitude and logical skills. In this section, we are listing out some preparation tips that will help the applicants score well in NATA 2022. The question paper consists of an Aesthetic Sensitivity Test and Drawing.
- Be thorough with the exam pattern and syllabus. This will help the candidates to strategise the preparation.
- Get right quality study material which focuses on the right topics and chapters.
- Refer to good architecture books. Be aware of the surroundings, and happenings around the city, country, and world.
- Try to focus more the concepts prefer to the experts blog for more details.
- Focus more on the aptitude knowledge.
- Make your fundamentals strong.
- Parctice drawing questions to enhance your imagination skills. Like for example – “You are a fish in an aquarium, and a little boy is staring at you. Draw what you see”. In short, be creative.
- Go through all the previous year question papers of NATA.
- Don’t practice in A3 size sketch books. Work in A4 size as that is normally the standard size of answer sheets in the examinations.
- Motivate yourself. Work with enthusiasm, and try to expand your creative and imagination skills.
- In questions that requiring drawing, draw with a light hand first. When you are satisfied with the proportions & the rough outline, you may finalize. A lot of time is saved following this method.
- Apart from drawing one should always prepare for the Online Test, which includes aptitude and maths. These sections of the exam are equally important.
Best Books for NATA 2022
Candidates who are preparing for NATA 2022 must follow the right books. Here, we have listed some of the best books for the NATA 2022 Exam.
|NATA & B.Arch Question Bank by Ar. Shadan Usmani||Buy here|
|Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal||Buy here|
|NATA & B.Arch complete study material: entrance examination by Ar. Shadan Usmani||Buy here|
|Architecture Entrance Aptitude Book by Wasim Khan||Buy here|
|Verbal and Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal||Buy here|
|NATA Entrance Exam Guide||Buy here|
|P.K. Mishra – Complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch||Buy here|
|B.Arch Entrance Examination Guide by Surendra Kalimantan||Buy here|
NATA 2022 Syllabus – FAQs
Answer- NATA will be conducted on three dates – 12th June, 3rd July and 24th July 2022.
Answer – The Council of Architecture is responsible for conducting the exam.
Answer- There is no definite syllabus for NATA, however, candidates can focus on cognitive skills, visual perception, aesthetic sensitivity tests, logical reasoning, and critical thinking ability.
Answer- NATA 2022 or National Aptitude Test Admissions is a national-level entrance exam to provide admission in B.Arch programs.
Answer- The exam duration is of 180 minutes with 125 questions.
Answer – Some of the preparation strategies for NATA are – Focus more on the creativity-based questions. Go through all the previous year’s question papers of NATA.