NATA 2022 Exam Pattern – Council of Architecture will announce the NATA exam pattern 2022 with the release of the application form. The exam pattern of NATA 2022 along with the brochure will release on the official website of NATA i.e., nata.in. Candidates who are appearing in NATA 2022 must know the exam pattern. NATA 2022 entrance exam will be organized in online mode (CBT). In this article, we have provided important details about the NATA exam pattern, syllabus, preparation tips, etc.
NATA 2022 Exam Pattern
The official Exam Pattern for NATA 2022 will be released on their official website. We have provided the exam pattern below on the basis of information available from last year. Candidates can go through the following details to know more.
|Mode of Exam||Online mode|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of the Exam||3 hours|
|Total no. of Sections||Only one – aptitude test|
|Total no. of Questions||125 Questions|
|Types of Questions||Multiple choice questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), Preferential Choice type (PCQ), and Numerical Answer Type (NAQ)|
|Total Marks||200 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||The Questions will carry 1 mark, 2 marks, or 3 marks|
NATA 2022 Marking Scheme –
The details regarding the marking scheme of the NATA 2022 entrance examination is given in the table below.
|Total no. of Questions||75||25||25||Total- 125|
|Marks for each question||1||2||3||–|
|Total marks||75||50||75||Total- 200|
NATA 2022 Exam Pattern – Aptitude Test
As per NATA 2022 exam pattern, there will be only one section in the whole question paper. The aptitude test will consist of questions that could be multiple-choice questions (MCQs), multiple select types (MSQ), preferential choice questions (PCQ), match the following type (MSQ), and numerical answer type (NAQ).
The Aptitude of the Candidate will be assessed using some or all of the following techniques:
Diagrammatic reasoning – This section tests your ability of logical reasoning, using diagrams and their scenarios.
Numerical reasoning – It tests the candidate’s mathematical ability through simple problems.
Verbal reasoning – It assesses the ability to assess verbal logic.
Inductive reasoning – This section tests the ability to see patterns and analyses the provided data.
Situational judgment – It checks the candidate’s problem-solving ability.
Logical reasoning – This section tests the ability to recognize patterns, sequences, or relationships between shapes and imagery.
Abstract reasoning – This section basically tests the candidate’s general knowledge, and ability to utilize knowledge in new situations.
Besides the above-mentioned sections, questions will be asked from other topics also such as:
- Basic Techniques of Building Construction and Knowledge of Material
- Language and Perception
- Colour Theory
- Lateral Thinking and Logical Reasoning
- Visual Perception and Cognition
- Graphics and Imagery
- Building Anatomy and Architectural Vocabulary
- Elements and Principles of Design
- General Knowledge
- Aesthetic Sensitivity
- Current Affairs etc
Some Important Books for NATA 2022
Candidates can refer to the following books given below. These Books are recommended by Toppers and Experts.
|Book Names||Buying links|
|Visual Dictionary of architecture by Francis D.K Ching||Click here|
|Higher Algebra by Hall & Knight||Click here|
|NATA Examination (Verbal/Non-verbal/Reasoning) by R. S. Aggarwal||Click here|
|Self-preparation Guide B.Arch. Entrance Examination by GK publications||Click here|
|Popular Master Guide B.Arch Entrance Examination by GK Publications||Click here|
|B.Arch Entrance Examination Guide by Surendra Kavimandan||Click here|
|NATA & B.Arch Question Bank by Ar. Shadan Usmani||Click here|
|NATA & B.Arch complete self-study material: entrance examination by Ar. Shadan Usmani||Click here|
NATA Previous year Question Papers
Candidates are strictly advised to practice through the previous year’s question papers. Here we have provided the last year’s Question Paper for NATA Entrance Examination.
Download NATA Previous Year Paper – Click here to download the previous year’s papers of NATA 2022.
Preparation Tips for NATA 2022
Here are some tips and strategies for candidates appearing in NATA 2022. These tips and strategies are suggested by the Experts. Applicants can refer to the following section to know more.
- At first, one must understand the examination pattern, syllabus and marking scheme of NATA 2022.
- After understanding the whole pattern, candidates are advised to start studying the topics in which they are good and that they understand better. This will help in completing the syllabus more fast.
- Try to be creative. Sketching and creativity plays a important role in this entrance test.
- After completing the syllabus, start the revision session. Try to practice from previous year question papers and sample papers. Give mock tests. Analyse your accuracy and speed.
- Other than sketching, Candidates are advised to practice through online mock tests which includes aptitude test and some mathematics.
- Develop your time management skills. Increase your speed and accuracy. As incomplete answers will not help you in NATA 2022.
- It is advised to the candidates to practice with dry colours during the time of their preparation.
- Be confident and do your best. Focus on the time management, creativity, accuracy and speed during the examination.
Exam Instructions for NATA 2022
The candidates need to know the exam instruction in order to avoid any mistake at the time of examination which is as-
- Follow the instructions and time schedule given in NATA brochure and the Admit Card.
- Try to reach the exam center atleast 30 minutes before the allotted time.
- Candidates are strictly advised to bring their Admit Card on the day of their examination.
- Candidates must use their own pencils and color pencils during examination.
- Follow the COVID-19 Guidelines mentioned in the examination brochure.
- Calculators or any other electronic gadgets aren’t allowed in the examination hall.
- Candidates must carry a photograph and a valid ID proof along with their admit card.
- No candidates are allowed to leave the examination hall before the examination is finished.
FAQs About NATA 2022 Exam Pattern
NATA 2022 will be a total of 3 hours.
The questions will carry 1 mark, 2 Marks, or 3 marks.
The exam will be conducted in online mode i.e., computer-based test (CBT).
The Question types will be- Multiple choice questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), Preferential Choice type (PCQ), and Numerical Answer Type (NAQ)
There will be a total of 125 questions in the whole question paper of NATA 2022.