|Details - NATA 2021, Login, Application Form, Correction, Admit Card, Answer Key, Response Sheet, Result|
|Preparation - Syllabus, Previous Year papers, Notes|
NATA 2021 – Council of Architecture (CoA) has released the result for 1st test on April 20, 2021. Earlier, the NATA 2021 answer key was announced on April 16, 2021. The 1st test was conducted on April 10, 2021. Also, the registration for the 2nd test is open till May 30, 2021. Whereas, the second test will be held on June 12, 2021. Earlier, COA announced a relaxation of eligibility for B.Arch. admission. The National Aptitude Test for Architecture (NATA) is the national level architecture entrance exam. Candidates seeking admission to 5 years full-time Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) programs in institutes across the nation have to qualify for NATA 2021.
Previously – Council of Architecture (CoA) has relaxed the NATA 2021 Eligibility. Check here
NATA 2021 Exam Date
All dates of NATA 2021 has been announced, check the calendar of dates below:
|Events||NATA 2021 – April||NATA 2021 – June|
|Release of brochure||3 Mar 2021||3 Mar 2021|
|Online form releases on||5 Mar 2021||5 Mar 2021|
|Last date to apply, upload images, pay fee, and print confirmation page||01 Apr 2021||30 May 2021|
|Form correction window||01 Apr 2021||25 – 30 May 2021|
|Admit card releases on||07 Apr 2021||8 Jun 2021|
|NATA 2021||10 Apr 2021||12 Jun 2021|
|Result declaration||20 Apr 2021||16 Jun 2021|
NATA 2021 Results
CoA releases the results of the NATA exam at the official website as per schedule after the exam. Candidates who appear in the exam can check the same by visiting the website nata.in. It indicates the following status of the candidate as per performance in the Computer Based Test of NATA 2021.
- Total marks obtained out of 200
- Pass / Fail status
NATA- 2021 score shall be valid only for admission in the academic session 2021- 2022.
The scorecard of NATA 2021 test 1 and 2 are uploaded separately. In the test 2 scorecard the score of both the attempts shall be available. The best score out of both the test will be the valid NATA 2021 score that is to be used for admission purposes.
NATA 2021 Answer Keys
The CoA publishes the NATA answer keys online after the exam is over. In addition, candidate response sheets of each candidate are also uploaded to the official website nata.in before the publication of the results.
Note: The CoA does not provide any facility for post publication scrutiny/review request after the publication of the results.
NATA 2021 Cut Off
To qualify NATA 2021 candidates have to score at least 75 marks out of 200 marks.
NATA 2021 Admit Card
The NATA 2021 admit cards to appear in the Computer Based Test is released online at the official website i.e. nata.in. Candidates were directed to download the admit card from the website and produce the printed copy to the authorities at the examination centre to be allowed to appear in the exam.
The following important points must be considered in regards to the NATA 2021 Admit card.
- The admit card contains the allotted exam centre, examination Roll Number, and other candidature and exam details.
- A downloadable version of the NATA admit card 2021 will be published on the official website nata.in. Candidates must download the admit card as per schedule.
- A printed copy of the admit card, along with a valid photo identity proof must be produced at the exam center on the day of the exam.
- It is the duty of the candidate to ensure that the photograph and signature on the admit card are not mutilated. Such applicants who produce admit cards with mutilated/distorted/soiled admit cards may not be allowed to sit for the exam.
- Candidates are directed to preserve the admit cards until the entire admission process is over.
On the day of the exam candidates have to carry:
- Downloaded Admit Card of NATA- 2021 and
- Original Proof of Identity- Aadhar/ Passport/ Driving License/ Voter ID
NATA 2021 Application Form
The application form of NATA 2021 releases online at nata.in. The form must be filled in the online mode and submitted in the same manner. However, to be able to apply online, there are certain steps to be completed before the application window closes. here are the steps:
- 1st step: Fill personal details
- 2nd step: Upload the documents
- 3rd step: Pay the application fee
- 4th step: Print the confirmation page
Documents to be uploaded:
- Recent Passport size Photograph in Colour with both ears visible and front view only: 4 KB – 100 KB | 4.5 cm X 3.5 cm
- Candidate’s own signature: 1 KB – 30 KB | 1.5 cm X 3.5 cm
|Category||For one test||For both tests|
|Others||Rs. 2000||Rs. 4000|
|SC / ST / PWD / transsexual category||Rs. 1500||Rs. 3000|
|Candidates opting to appear from test centers outside India||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 20,000|
Mode of payment of the application fee payment: Online only through electronic payment gateway via debit card, credit card, or net banking.
NATA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria Relaxed due to COVID19 Pandemic:
To be able to apply for the exam, candidates need to check their eligibility. If they match the eligibility of NATA 2021, they can proceed to fill up the online form. You can check the eligibility conditions below:
- You must have completed 10 + 2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, or
- If you have a 10+ 3 Diploma with Mathematics as a subject of study, you can apply for NATA
Eligibility for admission in B.Arch courses: The above criteria is the eligibility to apply for NATA. However. to be eligible for admission in B.Arch courses, CoA has given the below criteria:
NATA 2021 – What is New
Changes has been made in the exam pattern of NATA 2021 as compared to previous year, check the table below to know what is new in NATA 2021.
|Multiple-Choice type (MCQ)|
Multiple Select type (MSQ)
Preferential Choice type (PCQ)
Numerical Answer type (NAQ)
| ||125 questions|
|There will be 1 mark, 2 marks, or 3 marks questions|
|75 out of 200|
NATA 2021 Exam Pattern
As you can see, the pattern of NATA has been changed a lot. The new exam pattern of NATA 2021 is that there is no pattern at all. Yes, this year there is no definite pattern for the exam. Apart from some basic outline, CoA has not prescribed any particular distribution of marks and questions for NATA 2021.
Here is what we know about NATA 2021 exam pattern:
Mode of the exam: CoA will hold NATA 2021 in Computer Based test mode.
Language of the exam: The questions in the exam will be available in English language only.
Total time in the exam: To complete the exam candidates will get 3 hours.
Types of questions: The aptitude test will comprise of questions that could be of the following types:
- Multiple-Choice type (MCQ)
- Multiple Select type (MSQ)
- Preferential Choice type (PCQ)
- Numerical Answer type (NAQ)
Marks in the exam: The total marks of the exam is 200. Also, there will be questions carrying 1 mark, 2 marks, and 3 marks.
The aptitude of the candidate will be assess on:
|Diagrammatic Reasoning||Tests the ability of logical reasoning, using diagrams and scenarios|
|Numerical Reasoning||Tests mathematical ability through simple problems|
|Verbal Reasoning||Assesses the ability to assess verbal logic.|
|Inductive Reasoning||Tests the ability to see patterns and analyse given data|
|Situational Judgment||Tests problem-solving ability.|
|Logical Reasoning||Tests ability to recognise patterns, sequences, or relationships between shapes and imagery.|
|Abstract Reasoning||Will assess general knowledge, and ability to utilise knowledge in new situations.|
NATA 2021 Syllabus
As per the official NATA brochure available, the following techniques will be used to assess the aptitude of the candidates in the exam.
It is not exactly the NATA syllabus but the methods that will be used to test the candidates in the exam. CoA has not prescribed in particular concrete syllabus of the exam.
Questions can also come from topics that assess candidates on basic concepts in:
- Physics and geometry
- Language and interpretation
- Elements and principles of design
- Aesthetic sensitivity
- Colour theory
- Lateral thinking and logical reasoning
- Visual perception and cognition
- Graphics and imagery
- Building anatomy and architectural vocabulary
- Basic techniques of building construction and knowledge of material
- General knowledge and current affairs
Note: Questions are not limited to the above outline and can vary.
NATA 2021 Exam Timing
There will be one shift of the exam. However, f needed CoA will hold a second shift 2. This is applicable to both the attempts of the exam in April and in June.
|Particulars||Shift 1||Shift 2 (If needed)|
|Report to the Examination Center||9 am||1 pm|
|Opening gate to the examination hall||9:15 am||1:15 pm|
|Registration of candidate to be completed by||9:45 am||1:45 pm|
|Closing gate to the examination hall||10 am||2:30 pm|
|Commencement of examination||10 am||2:30 pm|
|Exam ends at||1 pm||5:30 pm|
Previous Year Question Papers for NATA 2021 Preparations
NATA previous year question papers are great learning sources for preparations for the exam. Although the exam pattern and syllabus have changed this year, some of the topics can still match. Apart from that, you can use the previous year question papers for reference of difficulty level, and practice.
Know how to use NATA previous year question papers. Follow the tips given below.
- Candidates can refer to the previous year’s question papers to get questions for practice.
- General Aptitude based questions that are commonly repeated can be checked from previous year papers of NATA.
- Use the previous year’s papers of NATA as mock tests. Set a timer according to the paper duration and solve the paper before the time runs out.
Click here for NATA Previous Year Question Papers
Mock Tests for NATA 2021
In the previous year NATA exam, CoA conducted online mock tests 10-12 days before the exam. This year too, CoA is expected to release mock tests for the candidates to practice before the exam.
Importance of mock tests:
- Mock tests can help candidates understand the question paper in terms of the pattern and the nature & type of questions asked in the exam easily. This can be helpful in answering the question paper when the candidate actually appears in the exam.
- In addition, mock tests can help candidates identify higher scoring and low scoring sections. Accordingly, one can adjust their study strategy and prioritize topics that need to be completed first and topics that can be left out for later.
Suggested Books for NATA 2021
There are a multitude of options available commercially that candidates can buy and refer to. Here we have suggested a few handpicked books to refer to for advanced preparation of NATA 2021.
These books are provided as per the syllabus of the exam from last year. Some topics from these books can be still applicable to this year. Hence the candidates have to check the topics and then go through the preparation.
|Study Guide for B.Arch 2020||Buy here|
|Nata Exam Full Package||Buy here|
|NATA Preparation Book : The Road to Becoming An Architect Begins Here||Buy here|
|NATA/B.ARCH. Architecture Entrance Question Bank||Buy here|
|NATA Mock Test Series 2020-21||Buy here|
|NATA & B. ARCH Complete Self Study Material: Entrance Examination||Buy here|
Preparation Tips for NATA 2021
As per CoA: “Unlike any other entrance examination, NATA is an Aptitude test that assesses a candidate’s innate ability through a variety of testing formats and cannot be taught, learned, or induced. Therefore, attending coaching classes will not substantially improve the aptitude of a candidate.”
Here are some tips to prepare for the exam:
- Solve mock tests to improve time management.
- Make notes of the important points to retain them for a longer period of time in your memory.
- Learn fundamental concepts and terminologies of Architectural drawing. Otherwise, you may face difficulties in understanding questions.
- Refer to NCERT Notes for Class 11 and 12 for the PCM questions. Science-based questions are of the level of 10+2 standard in the NATA papers.
- Architectural concept-based General Aptitude questions carry a significant proportion of marks. Practice these to secure a higher number of good attempts.
NAT 2021 Exam Centres
NATA 2021 is scheduled to be held across the nation in online mode. The list of 159 cities where the exam centres will be set are as follows:
About Council of Architecture (CoA)
The Council of Architecture (CoA) has been constituted by the Government of India under the provisions of the Architects Act, 1972. CoA is responsible to register architects on a national basis as well as regulating the Architecture education and practice of the Architecture profession throughout India.
As per the Council of Architecture, qualifying in an aptitude test in Architecture conducted by the Council is a mandatory requirement for admission to B.Arch. degree course. Thus, it holds the the National Aptitude Test for Architecture (NATA).
Official website: nata.in
For mode details about NATA 2021, check the official FAQ’s – Download Here
NATA 2021 FAQs
NATA is being held 2 times this year. The candidates can appear for any 1 of both the attempts.
The exam is being held in computer based test mode.
NATA 2021 will be held across the nation and centres will be allotted to the candidates.
There has been the introduction of new types of questions. There is no drawing section that the candidates need to attempt in pen and paper. The syllabus of the exam has been changed. All details have been discussed on the page here.
Yes, the candidates have to score 75 marks out of 200 to qualify the exam.