MICAT Syllabus 2022 – MICAT Syllabus 2022 is released by Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad. MICA does not give an exhaustive syllabus for MICAT 2022 but it provides the name of sections that will be asked in the exam. Candidates who are appearing for the exam must be acquainted with the syllabus and exam pattern. With the help of the syllabus, candidates can prepare for the exam well. The MICA Ahmedabad Syllabus comprises verbal ability, general awareness, subjective questions, psychometric tests. So, in this article, we have provided complete details regarding the exam syllabus, exam pattern, important books, preparation tips.
MICAT Syllabus 2022
MICAT 2022 comprises both objective and subjective questions. However, there is no negative marking for the Descriptive and Psychometric Section. The section that has negative marking is – Verbal Ability (VA), General Awareness (GA), Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, and Divergent and Convergent Thinking (DCR).
The MICAT Exam has 3 sections as mentioned above. The section-wise MICAT Syllabus can be checked below.
MICAT Syllabus 2022 Psychometric Test
- Candidates have to answer multiple-choice questions.
- The questions are subjective and there is no fixed syllabus.
- However, the questions are mostly related to the candidate’s personality, thinking ability, personality, strengths, and weakness etc.
- The time duration of the psychometric test is 25 minutes.
MICAT Syllabus 2022 for Aptitude and Data Interpretation
- Permutations and Combinations
- Bar graph
- Solid Geometry
- 2D and 3D Geometry
- Line graph
- Modem maths
- Coordinate Geometry
- Mixture & Solution / Allegations
- Pie chart
- Number Systems
- Profit & Loss
- Time & Work
- Ratio & Proportion
- Man days & works
MICAT Syllabus 2022 for Verbal Ability
- Usage of Parts of speech; tenses; conditional
- Syntax of Vocabulary Usage
- Jumbled Sentences
- Sentence Correction and usage
- Sentence Completion
- Use the appropriate words
- Cloze Test
- Spot the Errors
- Phrasal Verbs
- Use of Antonyms; Synonyms and idioms
- Fill in the blanks
- Corrections of grammatical errors
- Reading Comprehension passages
MICAT Syllabus 2022 for General Awareness
The General Awareness section is extremely vast and can contain questions on both Static GK and Current Affairs.
The list of the expected topics from which the questions can be asked is-
- Current Affairs
- Business Brands and Media
- Companies and their owner
- Sports News
- Advertising and Marketing
- Indian Constitution
- Science and Research
MICAT Syllabus 2022 for Divergent and Convergent Thinking
- Visual Reasoning
- Data Sufficiency
- Sequence and Series
- Word Association
- Statement- Assumption
MICAT Syllabus 2022 for Descriptive Test
In the descriptive test, four questions will be asked and there is no negative marking. This section aims at the candidate’s perspective on a particular topic, knowledge, creativity, and thoughts, etc.
How to prepare for MICAT 2022
Unlike other MBA entrance exams, preparing for MICAT is the same. But before you start preparing for the test, it is very important to know the exam pattern and syllabus. Based on that, the aspirant can figure out what and how to prepare for the exam. So, here are some MICAT 2022 exam preparation tips that can help in achieving a good score.
- Firstly, one must be aware of all the sections of the MICAT. Each section comprise of separate marks.
- The syllabus is not specific, therefore one has to have knowledge about the current scenarios of the world and think out of the box. One must be updated with the current scenarios.
- Read newspapers and editorials regularly. This will help you to put the points in a certain way.
- Be aware of your surroundings, what’s good and bad.
- Try to think out of the box, tey solving brainstorming questions to exercise your brains. Go through various images and try to connect it.
- For aptitude, try solving mock tests and previous year papers.
- GK is mostly business oriented. Focus on the CEOs, Advertisement Gurus, Acquisitions, Sports related, Awards etc.
- Try solving the previous year papers of MICAT, and other MBA exam papers daily. This will enhance your accuracy to attempt the questions.
MICAT Exam Pattern 2022
Candidates who are applying for MICAT 2022 must check the exam pattern. The scheme consists of the question pattern, time duration, etc. Candidates can check the MICAT exam pattern 2022 from the below points.
- The MICAT 1 and 2 is a computer based test.
- Each candidate who applies to MICA with CAT/XAT/GMAT must appear for MICAT.
- The entrance test includes both objective and subjective questions.
- However, there is no negative marking except for the Section-2.
- Section 2 is quite similar to the aptitude section of other MBA Entrance Exams.
- The total duration of the test is 165 minutes. However, there is section-wise timing for the exam.
Marking Scheme and Sections of MICAT 2022
|Part||Section||Number of Questions|
Best Books for MICAT 2022
Candidates who are appearing for MICAT must follow separate books for each section. Thus, in this section, aspirants can check the best books for MICAT Preparation.
|Subject/Section||Book Name||Buy Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude by RS Agarwal||Click Here|
|Verbal Ability||Mastering the Verbal Ability by Ajay Singh||Click Here|
|Psychometric Test||Psychometric Tests for Dummies by Liam Healy||Click Here|
|Reasoning||Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasonings by RS Agarwal||Click Here|
|Psychometric Test||Practice Psychometric Tests: How to familiarise yourself with genuine recruitment tests by Andrea Shavik||Click Here|
|General Awareness||Manorama Yearbook||Click Here|
MICAT Syllabus 2022 – FAQs
Answer – Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad conducts MICAT 2022.
Answer – The sections are – Verbal Ability (VA), General Awareness (GA), Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, and Divergent and Convergent Thinking (DCR), Descriptive and Psychometric Section.
Answer – There is no negative marking except the Descriptive and Psychometric Section.
Answer- There is as such no particular syllabus for this, but students can practice questions from the following topics – Visual Reasoning, Data Sufficiency, Sequence, and Series, Word Association, Statement- Assumption.
Answer- Psychometric Tests for Dummies by Liam Healy and Practice Psychometric Tests by Andrea Shavik are good books for preparing psychometric tests.