MICAT Exam pattern 2022 – AIMA releases the exam pattern for MICAT 2022. Interested candidates can visit the official website i.e. mat.aima.in to go through the exam pattern. This exam is conducted twice a year for management aspirants seeking admission in the course of Management communications. Candidates who wish to appear for MAT 2022 as it helps in preparation. Candidates can refer to this page for other information also like marking schemes, syllabus, preparation tips, etc.
MICAT Exam Pattern 2022
- Mode of examination – MICAT exam is an online examination that occurs twice a year.
- Time / Duration – 2 hours 45 minutes.
- Total sections – MICAT exam consists of 6 sections. These are : Descriptive test, Verbal Ability (VA), Quantitative Ability (QA), General Awareness (GA), Divergent- Convergent Reasoning (DCR), Psychometric test.
- Total questions – There are total 105 questions (approximately).
- Type of questions – Questions will be multiple choice (MCQs).
- Marking scheme – There’s no negative marking in Descriptive section and Psychometric section. But there’s a deduction of 0.25 marks with each incorrect answer in the section of Verbal Ability, General Awareness, Quantitative Ability and Data interpretation and Divergent – Convergent Thinking.
|Sections||Total number of questions|
|Divergent – Convergent Reasoning||30|
MICAT Syllabus 2022
Candidates can refer to the following information for MAT syllabus 2022.
For Quantitative Ability Section: Algebra, Trigonometry, Probability, Bar graph, Line graph, days & work, Time and Work, Profit and loss, Percentage, Modern maths
For Psychometric test: In this section all questions are compulsory. This test plays a huge qualifying factor for your selection in MICA as this test gives an idea about what kind of person you are.
For Verbal Ability (VA): Jumbled sentences, Sentence completion, Phrasal verbs, Correction of grammatical errors, Reading comprehension, Antonyms, synonyms and idioms, Sentence correction and usage.
For General Awareness: Current affairs, Literature, History, Geography, Business, Brands and Media news, Politics and Indian constitution, Science and research, Advertising and marketing
For Divergent- Convergent Reasoning: Visual Reasoning, Data sufficiency, Statement- Assumptions, Sequence and series, Word association
For Descriptive Test: This section has approximately four questions and there’s no negative marking in this section. This section is about your perspective on a particular topic, through this section they’ll get an idea about your creativity, thoughts and knowledge.
MICAT Mock Test 2022
MICA provides their own mock tests before MICAT examination. This helps candidates in getting idea about the actual exam pattern and time management of MICAT. And helps to develop speed and accuracy in terms of solving the problems.
Candidates can also solve sample papers to get an idea about the type of questions comes in MICAT examination.
Preparation tips for MICAT 2022
Candidates can refer to the following points for MICAT exam preparation 2022.
- Try to clear your concepts and basics. Understand the examination pattern and Syllabus of MICAT.
- Start studying the topics in which you’re good and that you understand better. This will help you in completing the syllabus more fast.
- Once you get the idea about the exam pattern and Syllabus. Cover the whole Syllabus according to your comfort.
- After completing the whole Syllabus. Start the revision session, try to solve previous year questions and sample papers. MICA also provide mock tests. Solve those mock papers. Practicing mock papers and sample papers will enhance your knowledge and ability.
- Try to read newspaper daily and surf on the internet to get updated about current affairs. Be consistent and also learn how to handle the Psychometric questions.
- Also, in the writing section you’ll be asked to write an article on a particular topic. So, prepare for writing articles or short stories and practice to enhance your writing skills.
- Devote time to every topic according to your strength and weakness. Give a bit more time to the topics you find difficult.
- Last but not the least, Be consistent and Confident and achieve your goals.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Answer- Only Descriptive Test section consists of subjective type questions. Otherwise, all other sections will have multiple choice questions (MCQs).
Answer- Applicants will have to pay for the registration at the time of filling their application forms through Credit/Debit card or Net banking.
Answer- No, there’s no deduction of marks in Descriptive section and Psychometric section. Even if you give an incorrect answer. There’s no negative marking in these two sections.
Answer- There will be around 25 questions in the Verbal Ability (VA) Section.
Answer- The total duration of the examination is 2 hours 15 minutes.