|MHT CET 2021||Application Form||Exam Date||Syllabus||Question Papers|
|Notes||Mock Tests||Admit Card||Answer Key||Result|
MHT CET Syllabus 2021 has been released by the Maharashtra State CET Cell. The syllabus of MHT CET 2021 contains the topics from which questions will be asked in the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test. Students who are going to appear in the upcoming MH CET exam for engineering and technology, pharmacy, and pharm D admissions must prepare for the exam as per the official syllabus provided below only. In addition, one should solve previous year papers to ace the exam. Get the complete MHT CET 2021 syllabus here on this page.
MHT CET 2021 Syllabus
Check the complete syllabus for MHT CET 2021 exam from here. You can also download the pdf file for future reference.
Download MHT CET Syllabus 2021 PDF
State CET Cell Maharashtra has published the syllabus of the MHT CET 2021 exam as a pdf file. You can download it from the link below so that you can refer it at any time during your preparation.
Check the complete syllabus of MHT CET 2021 here
The syllabus and marking scheme for the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is as follows.
- Syllabus: There will questions from the syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE).
- Weightage of questions: Approximately 20% questions in the exam will be from class 11 syllabus. And 80% will be from class 12 syllabus.
- Marking scheme: There will not be any negative marking in the exam.
- Difficulty level: The level of difficulty of the physics, chemistry, mathematics exam will be at par with the JEE Main exam. Whereas the biology exam will be of equal difficulty level of NEET exam. All the questionbs will be mainly application based.
- Papers: There will be 3 papers in the MHT CET 2021 exam. They will be (1) mathematics, (2) physics + chemistry, and (3) biology. Each paper will be of 100 marks.
MHT CET 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern has also been provided by State CET Cell Maharashtra. It is as follows.
|Paper||Subject||No. of Qs from |
|No. of Qs from|
|Marks per qs||Max Marks||Time|
|Paper I||Mathematics||10||40||2||100||90 mins|
|Paper III||Biology||20||80||1||100||90 mins|
MHT CET Syllabus 2021 with Topics
State CET Cell has also mentioned the topics from which questions will be asked in the exam. It is as follows.
- The complete class 12 syllabus of physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics subject – EXCLUDING THE PORTION DELETED by Maharashtra Rajya Pathyapustak Nirmiti va Abhyaskram Sanshodhan Mandal for HSC exam due to covid-19 pandemic situation.
- Syllabus of class 11 of 2019-20 as mentioned below.
|S.No.||Subject||Chapters of class 11 syllabus|
|1||Physics||Motion in a plane, Laws of motion, Gravitation, Thermal properties of matter, Sound, Optics, Electrostatics, Semiconductors.|
|2||Chemistry||Some basic concepts of chemistry, Structure of atom, Chemical bonding, Redox reactions, Elements of group 1 and 2, States of matter (gaseous and liquids), Adsorption and colloids (Surface chemistry), Hydrocarbons, Basic principles of organic chemistry.|
|3||Mathematics||Trigonometry II, Straight line, Circle, Measures of dispersion, Probability, Complex numbers, Permutations and combinations, Functions, Limits, Continuity|
|4||Biology||Biomolecules, Respiration and Energy Transfer, Human Nutrition, Excretion and Osmoregulation.|
MHT CET 2021 Previous Year Question Papers: Candidates can refer to the following previous papers of MHT CET 2021 exam for preparation.
Important Books for MHT CET 2021 : Here is list of the best books for MHT CET 2021, that you can refer to. The purchase links are also mentioned along with the names.
|Name of Books||Purchase Link|
|TARGET MHT-CET Online Engineering Test 2021||Check Price|
|MHT-CET 20 Question Paper Set Book||Check Price|
|MHT-CET Score Booster||Check Price|
|Marvel Mathematics MCQ’s for MHT-CET||Check Price|
|Objective NCERT at your Fingertips Mathematics||Check Price|
|NCERT textbooks physics chemistry maths and English combo||Check Price|
What has changed in the MHT CET 2021 Syllabus?
There are a number of changes in the syllabus for MHT CET 2021. To start with, the syllabus is reduced as per the reduction of syllabus of class 11-12 syllabus of the state board. It has been clearly stated that all the portions that were deleted for the board exams will also not be asked in the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test.
Other than that, if you compare the topics mentioned under class 11 topics, of the last year syllabus and this year, there is a lot of difference.
Last year, the following topics were included in the MHT CET syllabus from class 11:
- Physics – Measurements, Scalars and Vectors, Force, Friction in solids and liquids, Refraction of Light, Ray optics, Magnetic effect of electric current, Magnetism.
- Chemistry – Some basic concepts of Chemistry, States of matter: Gases and liquids, Redox reaction, Surface Chemistry, Nature of chemical bond, Hydrogen, s-Block elements(Alkali and alkaline earth metals), Basic principles and techniques in Organic Chemistry, Alkanes.
- Mathematics – Trigonometric functions, Trigonometric functions of Compound Angles, Factorization Formulae, Straight Line, Circle and Conics, Sets, Relations and Functions, Probability, Sequences and series.
- Botany – Diversity in organisms, Biochemistry of cell, Plant Water Relations and Mineral Nutrition, Plant Growth and Development.
- Zoology – Organization of Cell, Animal tissues, Human Nutrition, Human Respiration.
This year, the topics are fewer and different as well.
Students should therefore forego the old syllabus and prepare as per the new syllabus only.
About MHT CET 2021 – MHT CET 2021 exam is held by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra State. The examination is held in computer based mode. The medium of question paper for MHT CET 2021 is English, Telegu, Urdu and Marathi. The seats are allotted into the B.Technology, Pharmacy and Pharm.D courses.
FAQs on MHT CET Syllabus 2021
Ans. There are 4 subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology. Students have to appear in Mathematics of Biology based on the course they are taking admission in. Those who will go for engineering will appear in PCM.
Ans. The MHT CET 2021 syllabus comprises of class 11th and 12th syllabus of physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology. Those topics that were deleted for this session for the board exams will also not be asked in the entrance exam. From class 11 syllabus, only the topics mentioned here will be asked. Whereas from class 12 syllabus, complete syllabus will be asked.
Ans. In the MHT CET syllabus 2021, 80% paper will be from class 12 syllabus, and 20% paper will be from class 11 syllabus.
Ans. State CET Cell says that the physics, chemistry, mathematics paper will be of same difficulty level as JEE Mains, and the biology paper will be as difficult as NEET exam. Therefore you can prepare alongside JEE and NEET exams.
If you have any queries on MHT CET syllabus 2021, then please ask in comments below.
Engineering Entrance Exam Application Tracker
|23-Jan-2021||JEE Main||Apply Now!!|
|15-Mar-2021||Manipal Entrance||Apply Now!!|
|Apr-2021||NIIT University||Apply Now!!|