MBA CET 2021: The State CET Cell has released MBA CET syllabus 2021. Exam date will be announced soon, and registration will also be available shortly. Every year the MAH MBA / MMS CET is held in the month of March. Application form is released in January. However this year there has been a delay because last year’s CAP process itself ended in February 2021. Now that admissions of last session are almost over, the MBA CET 2021 details will be announced soon at mahacet.org and you can get the latest details here. MBA CET 2021 is the state level MBA entrance exam. After CAT, MBA CET is the most popular entrance exam for MBA as it leads to admissions to top colleges such as JBIMS, Sydenham, KJ Somaiya, Welingkar, PUMBA, NL Dalmia, and more. Get complete details of MBA CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) here including eligibility, exam date, application form, exam pattern, colleges, and more.
MBA CET 2021
More than 1 lakh candidates apply for MBA CET exam every year.
MBA CET 2021 Exam Date
Maharashtra State CET Cell will soon announce the exam date and all other dates for MBA CET 2021. The expected timeline of events is as follows.
|Important Events of MBA CET 2021||Dates|
|Commencement of MBA CET 2021 registration||Feb 2021|
|Last date to apply for MAH MBA / MMS CET 2021||Mar 2021|
|Issuance of admit card||Mar 2021|
|MBA CET 2021 exam will be held on||Mar / Apr 2021|
|Declaration of results||Apr / May 2021|
Last year online application form was released on 10th January. Last date to apply was 15th February. Then hall ticket was released on 2nd March. The exam was held on 14th and 15th March. Result was announced on 23rd May.
In 2019, MBA CET registration started on 10th January. Last date to apply was 18th February. The admit card was released on 1st March. Exam was held on 9th and 10th March. The result was announced on 31st March.
Past Year Exam Dates of MBA CET :
|YEAR||MBA CET EXAM DATE|
|2020||14 & 15 Mar 2020|
|2019||09 & 10 Mar 2019|
|2018||10 & 11 Mar 2018|
MBA CET 2021 Registration / Application Form
State Common Entrance Test Cell will release the MAH MBA / MMS CET 2021 registration cum application form in February. Check here.
Important things to note about application form submission are as follows:
- MBA CET 2021 registration will be online at mahacet.org.
- Candidates will have to apply online before the last date which will be in March or April 2021.
- The process of applying will involve registration, online form filling, document upload, and fee payment.
- After registration, candidates will get registration number and password which they should keep safely.
- Documents that have to be uploaded in the MBA CET 2021 application form will include photograph and signature.
- Candidates will also have to pay fee in order to apply for MBA CET 2021.
The application fee for MBA CET 2021 will be available soon. Last year the fee was as follows.
|Open category candidates (Maharashtra)||Rs 1000|
|Open category candidates from outside Maharashtra||Rs 1000|
|Migrants from Jammu & Kashmir||Rs 1000|
|Backward Class Category||Rs 800|
|PWD Category of Maharashtra||Rs 800|
Top MBA Colleges Through MBA CET 2021
The list of colleges that will offer admission through MBA CET 2021, like every year, is as follows.
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai
- Prin. LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai
- Department of Management Sciences, University of Pune, Pune
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai
- K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (SIMSR), Mumbai
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Management Studies and Research, Navi Mumbai
- N L Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Balaji Institute of Management and Human Resource Development, Tathawade
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
- IES Management Institute, Mumbai
- Rizvi Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Atharva Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- MIT School of Business (MITSOB), Pune
- MIT School of Management (MITSOM), Pune
- Vivekanand Education Society’s Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Chetana’s Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune
- SIES College of Management Studies, Navi Mumbai
- MET Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Kohinoor Business School, Mumbai
Eligibility Criteria for MBA CET 2021
The State Common Entrance Test Cell specifies some minimum eligibility conditions for applicants of MBA CET. As per the previous year information brochure, the MAH MBA CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) eligibility criteria is expected to be the following.
- Candidates must have passed 3 years Bachelor’s degree course in any discipline.
- Candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate in the degree course examination.
- The minimum qualifying marks for candidates belonging to BC category and PWD of Maharashtra is 45%.
- Candidates who have appeared in the final exam of Bachelor’s degree program are also eligible to apply.
MBA CET 2021 Syllabus – Released!
State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra has published the complete details of the syllabus of the MAH CET exam.
Exam Pattern – Announced!
The details of the marking scheme and pattern of the MAH MBA CET exam 2021 has been released. Candidates can check out the exam pattern and prepare as per it.
|Exam Mode||Online CBT|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|No. of Questions||200|
|Marks per Question||1|
|Negative Marking||Not Applicable|
Check out the marking scheme and timing as per previous year information brochure below.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Verbal Ability/Reading Comprehension||50||50|
Books Recommended for MBA CET
We have compiled a list of the most useful books/guides/solved papers for MAH CET MBA 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET). The direct link to purchase are provided alongside.
|Book Title||Purchase Link|
|Maharashtra CET-MBA 2021 with Solved Papers & Mock Papers Paperback – 6 August 2020||Click Here|
|TARGET MH-CET (MBA / MMS) 2021 – Solved Papers (2007 – 2020) + 5 Mock Tests 12th Edition Paperback – 25 October 2020||Click Here|
|MH-CET MBA Entrance Guide 4th Edition Paperback – 4 January 2020||Click Here|
|Maharashtra CET-MBA 2020 with Solved Papers & Mock Papers (Old Edition) Paperback – 2 November 2019||Click Here|
|MAHARASHTRA MBA-CET -MH-MBA-CET 2021 BY DR CHANDRESH AGRAWAL Paperback – 1 January 2019||Click Here|
|Wiley’s ExamXpert MAH – MBA / MMS CET 2020 Maharashtra Common Entrance Test Paperback – 1 November 2019||Click Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude Quantum Cat 2020 Paperback – 13 August 2020||Click Here|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT Paperback – 30 May 2019||Click Here|
How to Prepare for MAH MBA/MMS CET 2021?
One of the most important aspects of clearing the MAH MBA CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) exam is to have a good understanding of subjects included in the syllabus. Candidates must have a clear understanding and concept of the basics. In addition, one must be well versed with the technicalities of solving paper such as reasoning and quantitative aptitude. Besides, marks are also carried by the paper on English.
Candidates who have future plans to get admission into MBA/MMS courses in Maharashtra colleges often start preparations for the entrance test well before time. We are providing some very important preparation tips for MAH MBA CET 2021 here below.
#1: Identify the subjects needed to be studied by referring to the syllabus of MAH CET MBA 2021 first. The syllabus includes reasoning, quantitative aptitude, and the English language. Therefore, candidates must acquire learning resources for these subjects.
#2: With the knowledge of the syllabus & pattern, it is important to know the type and nature of questions asked in the exam. For this, candidates are advised to refer to the previous year papers of MAH CET exam.
#3: Go online and learn diverse techniques, strategies and methods of solving different types of reasoning and quantitative aptitude questions. Practice these extensively on a regular basis and solve problems to get better at accurate implementation.
#4: Solve mock tests. There is mock tests available online free of cost for reasoning, quantitative aptitude and other sections. Candidates must solve these for extensive practice and improvement in time management strategies.
#5: For the English section, practice Cloze Tests and Reading Comprehension. Also, refer to Grammar workbooks for revisions of the basics of the language.
MBA CET 2021 Admit Card
As per the previous year information brochure of Maharashtra MBA CET exam, the State Common Entrance Test Cell issues admit cards to registered candidates just before the exam. The MAH MBA CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) Admit Card is expected to release at the official website. Last year, the Cell also sent the admit cards to registered candidates to the registered email addresses.
Candidates must download the Admit Card for MAH CET Exam 2021 from the website by logging in with the Registration Number and Password. Check out some very important points to know about the MAH MBA CET 2021 Admit Card based on the previous year information brochure below.
- It is mandatory to carry the printed copy of the duly issued admits card to the exam centre on the day of the exam.
- After downloading the MAH CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) Admit Card, candidates are required to affix a copy of passport size photograph on the designated space. The photograph must be preferably a copy of the one that was submitted during the online application process.
- Candidates are also required to carry a photo identity proof in original to the exam centre along with the admit card.
- Ration Card & Learner’s Driving License are not considered as photo identity proof.
- It is important that candidates check the information provided on the admit card carefully. The details of the allocated centre, date and time of the exam are indicated in the admit card. Candidates must ensure that they report to the centre well in time.
- Candidates are advised to report to the centre with the admit card well before the time indicated for the commencement of the exam to accommodate other necessary activities including verification, document collection, logging in etc.
MAH MBA/MMS CET 2021 Exam Centres
As per the previous year information brochure of MAH MBA CET, the online computer-based test is conducted in designated centres located in cities within the state as well as outside of it. Candidates can check out the list of tentative test centres based on previous year information brochure below.
Test Centres in Maharashtra
- Mumbai suburb
Test Centres outside Maharashtra
- Delhi/Delhi NCR
MBA CET 2021 Result
The result releases at the official website i.e. mahacet.org as per schedule after the exam. As such, candidates appearing in MAH MBA CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) are advised to keep a close tab on the website to know the latest updates of the result immediately after the exam is concluded.
- Last year, the result was compiled on the basis of the score of the online MAH CET examination. The total number of correct answers in the test are considered for arriving at the corrected score.
- In order to compensate for the minor difference in difficulty level, if any, the corrected scores are made equivalent to get the Equated Scores.
- The score is equated to the base form by considering the distribution of scores of all the forms.
- Test wise scores and scores on total are reported with decimal points up to 2 digits.
MAH MBA/MMS CET Counselling / CAP
As per the existing trends of the counselling process for admission to MBA/MMS programs, the qualifiers of the CBT are called to participate in the Centralised Admission Process. Candidates are required to register for the counselling process online and fill in choice of course/college.
They are offered admission to choice of course/college based on the marks in the entrance test, choice of college/course and availability of seats. Candidates must note that producing all original documents at the counselling session in mandatory.
About State CET Cell, Maharashtra
The State Common Entrance Test Cell is an independent agency founded by the powers of the Government of Maharashtra. The main purpose of the agency is to conduct common entrance test at the state level for admission to various Undergraduate and Post Graduate degree courses in the state of Maharashtra. The organisation was formed under provisions of the Maharashtra Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions and Fees) Act, 2015 (Mah. Act No. XXVIII of 2015).
MBA CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) FAQs
Ans. Yes. Reportedly, MBA CET is a lot easier than CAT.
Ans. All the participating institutes as well as most other Business Schools in Maharashtra accept MBA CET score for admission to MBA/MMS programs.
Ans. Based on previous year reports, a score of 140-150 can be considered as good enough for admission to a college of choice.
Ans. No calculators or other electronic gadgets are not allowed in the exam hall.