MBA CET 2021: Syllabus for MAH MBA / MMS CET 2021 has been released. Next, exam date will be out and registration will begin. State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra, conducts the MAH MBA CET exam. It is the state level MBA entrance exam for admission to top colleges such as JBIMS, Sydenham, KJ Somaiya, Welingkar, PUMBA, NL Dalmia, and more. The online computer-based test will have 200 qs of 200 marks to be answered in 150 minutes. Get complete details of MBA CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) here including eligibility, exam date, application form, exam pattern, colleges, and more.
MBA CET 2021
Latest – MBA CET Syllabus 2021 released. Check here.
More than 1 lakh candidates apply for MBA CET exam every year.
MAH MBA / MMS CET 2021 Exam Date and Other Dates
The expected schedule for MBA CET 2021 is as follows.
|MBA CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET)||Expected Date|
|Start of registrations||2nd week of Jan 2021|
|Last date to register||3rd week of Jan 2021|
|Admit Card release||1st week of Mar 2021|
|Exam Date||2nd/3rd week of Mar 2021|
|Result Publication||Last week of Mar 2021|
Last year, the online registrations for MAH CET exam commenced in the first week of January at the starting of the year. Once the process was completed, the admit card came out in first week of March and the exam was held in the second/third week of March.
Check out MBA CET exam dates of the last few years below.
|MBA CET||Exam Date|
|2020||14 & 15 Mar 2020|
|2019||09 & 10 Mar 2019|
|2018||10 & 11 Mar 2018|
It is evident that during the past few years, the MAH MBA CET exam is conventionally conducted in the month of March. The State CET Cell has been consistent in hosting the online CBT on two days each year during the last few years.
MBA CET 2021 Application Form
State Common Entrance Test Cell invites application form of MAH CET at the official website i.e. mahacet.org. It is likely that the MAH MBA CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) Application Form releases in the same way at the aforementioned website. We have produced the complete details of the application form fill up and registration procedure as per the previous year trends below.
How to apply?
- Visit the official website i.e. mahacet.org.
- Now click on the option MBA CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) which opens a new window.
- Click on the tab “Click here for new registration”.
- The registration form opens up. Enter details including name, contact details including email ID etc.
- Upon successful registration, a registration number and password is generated and displayed on the screen. An email and SMS containing the confidential information is also received at the registered email ID & mobile number respectively.
- Now log in to the website using the Registration Number and Password and open the online application form.
- Fill up the MBA CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) Application Form with all the complete details accurately.
- Upload scanned images of recent passport-sized photograph & signature.
- Verify the details and click on the final submit.
- Make the payment of the application fee before final submission and generation of the confirmation page.
MBA CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) Application Fee
The application fee amount presented here is as per the previous year MAH CET exam. It is expected that the application fee will remain unchanged for MAH MBA CET 2021 unless specified by the State Common Entrance Test Cell this year.
|Open category candidates (Maharashtra)||Rs 1000|
|Open category candidates from outside Maharashtra||Rs 1000|
|Migrants from Jammu & Kashmir||Rs 1000|
|Backward Class Category||Rs 800|
|PWD Category of Maharashtra||Rs 800|
MBA CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) Eligibility Criteria
The State Common Entrance Test Cell specifies some minimum eligibility conditions for applicants of MBA CET. As per the previous year information brochure, the MAH MBA CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) eligibility criteria is expected to be the following.
- Candidates must have passed 3 years Bachelor’s degree course in any discipline.
- Candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate in the degree course examination.
- The minimum qualifying marks for candidates belonging to BC category and PWD of Maharashtra is 45%.
- Candidates who have appeared in the final exam of Bachelor’s degree program are also eligible to apply.
MBA CET 2021 Syllabus – Released!
State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra has published the complete details of the syllabus of the MAH CET exam.
MBA CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) Exam Pattern – Announced!
The details of the marking scheme and pattern of the MAH MBA CET exam 2021 has been released. Candidates can check out the exam pattern and prepare as per it.
|Exam Mode||Online CBT|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|No. of Questions||200|
|Marks per Question||1|
|Negative Marking||Not Applicable|
Check out the marking scheme and timing as per previous year information brochure below.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Verbal Ability/Reading Comprehension||50||50|
Books Recommended for MBA CET
One of the most important aspects of clearing the MAH MBA CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) exam is to have a good understanding of subjects included in the syllabus. Candidates must have a clear understanding and concept of the basics. In addition, one must be well versed with the technicalities of solving paper such as reasoning and quantitative aptitude. Besides, marks are also carried by the paper on English.
We have compiled a list of the most useful books/guides/solved papers for MAH CET MBA 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET). The direct link to purchase are provided alongside.
|Book Title||Purchase Link|
|Maharashtra CET-MBA 2021 with Solved Papers & Mock Papers Paperback – 6 August 2020||Click Here|
|TARGET MH-CET (MBA / MMS) 2021 – Solved Papers (2007 – 2020) + 5 Mock Tests 12th Edition Paperback – 25 October 2020||Click Here|
|MH-CET MBA Entrance Guide 4th Edition Paperback – 4 January 2020||Click Here|
|Maharashtra CET-MBA 2020 with Solved Papers & Mock Papers (Old Edition) Paperback – 2 November 2019||Click Here|
|MAHARASHTRA MBA-CET -MH-MBA-CET 2021 BY DR CHANDRESH AGRAWAL Paperback – 1 January 2019||Click Here|
|Wiley’s ExamXpert MAH – MBA / MMS CET 2020 Maharashtra Common Entrance Test Paperback – 1 November 2019||Click Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude Quantum Cat 2020 Paperback – 13 August 2020||Click Here|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT Paperback – 30 May 2019||Click Here|
How to Prepare for MAH MBA/MMS CET 2021?
Candidates who have future plans to get admission into MBA/MMS courses in Maharashtra colleges often start preparations for the entrance test well before time. We are providing some very important preparation tips for MAH MBA CET 2021 here below.
#1: Identify the subjects needed to be studied by referring to the syllabus of MAH CET MBA 2021 first. The syllabus includes reasoning, quantitative aptitude, and the English language. Therefore, candidates must acquire learning resources for these subjects.
#2: With the knowledge of the syllabus & pattern, it is important to know the type and nature of questions asked in the exam. For this, candidates are advised to refer to the previous year papers of MAH CET exam.
#3: Go online and learn diverse techniques, strategies and methods of solving different types of reasoning and quantitative aptitude questions. Practice these extensively on a regular basis and solve problems to get better at accurate implementation.
#4: Solve mock tests. There is mock tests available online free of cost for reasoning, quantitative aptitude and other sections. Candidates must solve these for extensive practice and improvement in time management strategies.
#5: For the English section, practice Cloze Tests and Reading Comprehension. Also, refer to Grammar workbooks for revisions of the basics of the language.
MBA CET 2021 Admit Card
As per the previous year information brochure of Maharashtra MBA CET exam, the State Common Entrance Test Cell issues admit cards to registered candidates just before the exam. The MAH MBA CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) Admit Card is expected to release at the official website. Last year, the Cell also sent the admit cards to registered candidates to the registered email addresses.
Candidates must download the Admit Card for MAH CET Exam 2021 from the website by logging in with the Registration Number and Password. Check out some very important points to know about the MAH MBA CET 2021 Admit Card based on the previous year information brochure below.
- It is mandatory to carry the printed copy of the duly issued admits card to the exam centre on the day of the exam.
- After downloading the MAH CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) Admit Card, candidates are required to affix a copy of passport size photograph on the designated space. The photograph must be preferably a copy of the one that was submitted during the online application process.
- Candidates are also required to carry a photo identity proof in original to the exam centre along with the admit card.
- Ration Card & Learner’s Driving License are not considered as photo identity proof.
- It is important that candidates check the information provided on the admit card carefully. The details of the allocated centre, date and time of the exam are indicated in the admit card. Candidates must ensure that they report to the centre well in time.
- Candidates are advised to report to the centre with the admit card well before the time indicated for the commencement of the exam to accommodate other necessary activities including verification, document collection, logging in etc.
MAH MBA/MMS CET 2021 Exam Centres
As per the previous year information brochure of MAH MBA CET, the online computer-based test is conducted in designated centres located in cities within the state as well as outside of it. Candidates can check out the list of tentative test centres based on previous year information brochure below.
Test Centres in Maharashtra
- Mumbai suburb
Test Centres outside Maharashtra
- Delhi/Delhi NCR
MBA CET 2021 Result
The result releases at the official website i.e. mahacet.org as per schedule after the exam. As such, candidates appearing in MAH MBA CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) are advised to keep a close tab on the website to know the latest updates of the result immediately after the exam is concluded.
- Last year, the result was compiled on the basis of the score of the online MAH CET examination. The total number of correct answers in the test are considered for arriving at the corrected score.
- In order to compensate for the minor difference in difficulty level, if any, the corrected scores are made equivalent to get the Equated Scores.
- The score is equated to the base form by considering the distribution of scores of all the forms.
- Test wise scores and scores on total are reported with decimal points up to 2 digits.
MAH MBA/MMS CET Counselling
As per the existing trends of the counselling process for admission to MBA/MMS programs, the qualifiers of the CBT are called to participate in the Centralised Admission Process. Candidates are required to register for the counselling process online and fill in choice of course/college.
They are offered admission to choice of course/college based on the marks in the entrance test, choice of college/course and availability of seats. Candidates must note that producing all original documents at the counselling session in mandatory.
MBA CET 2021 Participating Institutes
As per the previous year MAH CET exam trends, following is a list of participating institutes who will conduct admission to MBA/MMS courses based on the MAH CET MBA 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) score.
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai
- Prin. LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai
- Department of Management Sciences, University of Pune, Pune
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai
- K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (SIMSR), Mumbai
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Management Studies and Research, Navi Mumbai
- N L Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Balaji Institute of Management and Human Resource Development, Tathawade
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
- IES Management Institute, Mumbai
- Rizvi Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Atharva Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- MIT School of Business (MITSOB), Pune
- MIT School of Management (MITSOM), Pune
- Vivekanand Education Society’s Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Chetana’s Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune
- SIES College of Management Studies, Navi Mumbai
- MET Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Kohinoor Business School, Mumbai
About State CET Cell, Maharashtra
The State Common Entrance Test Cell is an independent agency founded by the powers of the Government of Maharashtra. The main purpose of the agency is to conduct common entrance test at the state level for admission to various Undergraduate and Post Graduate degree courses in the state of Maharashtra. The organisation was formed under provisions of the Maharashtra Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions and Fees) Act, 2015 (Mah. Act No. XXVIII of 2015).
MBA CET 2021 (MAH MBA/MMS CET) FAQs
Ans. Yes. Reportedly, MBA CET is a lot easier than CAT.
Ans. All the participating institutes as well as most other Business Schools in Maharashtra accept MBA CET score for admission to MBA/MMS programs.
Ans. Based on previous year reports, a score of 140-150 can be considered as good enough for admission to a college of choice.
Ans. No calculators or other electronic gadgets are not allowed in the exam hall.
MBA Entrance Exam Application Tracker
|23-Jan-2021||JEE Main||Apply Now!!|
|15-Mar-2021||Manipal Entrance||Apply Now!!|
|Apr-2021||NIIT University||Apply Now!!|